Author Topic: Report: Harrison bought HGH in ’04  (Read 975 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Report: Harrison bought HGH in ’04
« on: September 21, 2007, 11:31:41 AM »
Looks like he didn't just use it to recuperate.

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1032573

Days before the Patriots [team stats] beat the Tennessee Titans [team stats] at a freezing Gillette Stadium in the 2004 playoffs, safety Rodney Harrison [stats] placed his first order for HGH, according to a story in Sunday’s Albany Times Union.

The story, which cites unnamed law enforcement sources, said Harrison received a package of preloaded syringes at his home about two weeks before the Patriots beat the Panthers in Super Bowl XXXVIII.

Harrison would go on to make several discreet calls placing more orders over the next three years, the paper reported.

Harrison admitted to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in late August that he received illegal drugs and was suspended for the first four games of the season. He denied ever taking steroids, but in a statement on Aug. 31 said he took the drugs to help recover from the injuries he sustained over a 13-year NFL career.

“My purpose was never to gain a competitive edge,” he said.

Harrison started all 16 games in 2003 for the first time since 2000. He also started all three playoff games. He returned in 2004 to once again start 16 games and sealed the Super Bowl victory over the Eagles with an interception.

Harrison had the misfortune of placing his first order for HGH while the New York Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement was opening its investigation of an Internet steroids ring that would eventually stretch from Albany to Florida.

Colvin nominated

Patriots linebacker Rosevelt Colvin was nominated for defensive player of the week after his monster game against the Chargers that included five tackles, two sacks, two forced fumbles and an interception in the Patriots’ 38-14 annihilation.

The other nominees are Bears linebacker Lance Briggs (12 tackles, sack), 49ers corner Nate Clements (six tackles, sack, forced fumble), Colts safety Bob Sanders (11 tackles, 2 sacks) and Vikings safety Darren Sharper (eight tackles, two INTs, forced fumble).

Fans can vote through tomorrow at NFL.com, with the winner announced there tomorrow night. . . .

The Patriots signed defensive back Ray Ventrone to the practice squad.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Report: Harrison bought HGH in ’04
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 04:37:14 AM »
90% of NFLs have abused some kind of performance enhancers

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 06:44:03 AM »
I would think used, but not necessarily abused.

Was there ever any doubt other than from Pats fans?

I have no hatred of the Pats, but the excuses that the fans were making were hilarious.  It had become a given here that he only used them to recover from injury.
Y

body88

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 09:12:25 AM »
No excuses here. Most pats fan I have talked to where pretty disappointed in Rodney. Harrison has been a soldier for the team for so long. I think most people where understanding because the guy has had some serious bad luck with injury over the last few years, and has totally committed to the team.

A fan favorite as you will. That said this is an unfortunate situation. To has credit he admitted his screw up. He will be back after the cinci game pissed off.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 09:59:10 AM »
I would think used, but not necessarily abused.

Was there ever any doubt other than from Pats fans?

I have no hatred of the Pats, but the excuses that the fans were making were hilarious.  It had become a given here that he only used them to recover from injury.

Some Pats fans not this one. I have no problem saying many players on the Pats are using PED's. I also think many many players around the NFL are using them as well.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 04:59:35 PM »
Some Pats fans not this one. I have no problem saying many players on the Pats are using PED's. I also think many many players around the NFL are using them as well.

Exactly.

I'm not surprised, nor I have I changed my opinion on the man.  It's been part of the game for a long, long, time.  I just enjoyed the ridiculous array of excuses people made for this man, and I'm not saying any fan of any player on another team wouldn't do it either.

Y