Author Topic: Libby Juror Says Pardon Him  (Read 735 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Libby Juror Says Pardon Him
« on: March 11, 2007, 01:37:20 PM »
Interesting.  I also didn't realize there is no underlying crime that Libby was convicted of lying about.   :-\ 

Matthews: "Here's a question that is more human than political. Scooter Libby is eligible, as is any American who's been convicted of a crime, for a pardon from the president. Do you think he should get one?"

Redington: "Whether or not he should get one, I don't know if I have a valid opinion. But I would like him to get one."

Matthews: "OK, that's a valid opinion. Do you think he should get one now, when it might cost the president a little trouble but would keep him out of federal prison. or do you think he should get one at the end of the term when the president could do it like midnight Christmas Eve when no one is watching? What would be more appropriate?"

Redington: "It certainly would be interesting if he got one now. It would be more interesting to follow. Obviously, tt would create work for you,"

Matthews: "What did you make of the prosecutor's closing summation where he said 'the Vice-President is under a cloud'?"

Redington: "Rhetoric."

Matthews:"God, you're tough. You're great. Rhetoric. God I like the way you separate the wheat from the chaff. You've decided on the wheat, and the wheat is a conviction, but you cry for this guy."

Redington: "It was awful."

Matthews: "And you want him pardoned."

Redington: "I don't want him to go to jail."

Matthews summed up: "Thank you dear, you're a very nice person."

http://newsbusters.org/node/11260