Author Topic: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV  (Read 309506 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV
« Reply #1175 on: April 26, 2019, 09:50:07 AM »
I've been gone 20 days on a gig to Singapore and  Australia and couldn't get it there... just watched the first episode.

Already I am tired of Arya and her little smirk.  It's become an all time thing in every scene she is in it seems.
Also, really didn't like the dragon riding scene that was a rip off of Harry Potter learning to fly his broom.

The dragon mommy being all kissy and cuddly sucks too.  She's a conquering hard ass.  She needs to stop the giggly school girl shit right away.

Will watch the second episode tonight.  Hope it is better.

One thing for sure.... Bran obviously has access to some primo grade smoke.   All kind of shit and chaos going on around him and he is just sitting there zoned out... staring creepily into space...

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1176 on: April 26, 2019, 11:17:58 AM »
I've been gone 20 days on a gig to Singapore and  Australia and couldn't get it there... just watched the first episode.

Already I am tired of Arya and her little smirk.  It's become an all time thing in every scene she is in it seems.
Also, really didn't like the dragon riding scene that was a rip off of Harry Potter learning to fly his broom.

The dragon mommy being all kissy and cuddly sucks too.  She's a conquering hard ass.  She needs to stop the giggly school girl shit right away.

Will watch the second episode tonight.  Hope it is better.

One thing for sure.... Bran obviously has access to some primo grade smoke.   All kind of shit and chaos going on around him and he is just sitting there zoned out... staring creepily into space...

Lurker, Bran is not so much Bran anymore but Three Eyed Raven now.

He sees the Past, the Present, and The Future all at once.
Q

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #1177 on: April 26, 2019, 12:46:32 PM »
Lurker, Bran is not so much Bran anymore but Three Eyed Raven now.

He sees the Past, the Present, and The Future all at once.

The Three Eyed Raven would be a great name for a neighborhood head shop.

Thing that pisses me off about him is that he sits there and is supposed to be so wise and all seeing, yet he never tells anyone anything of relevancy.  Speaks in riddles and cryptic clues.  I would throttle the bitch.  "Dude spit it out... WTF you know....  we gonna win?  Lose?  Is Tom Brady retiring?  WHAT????"

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1178 on: April 26, 2019, 01:12:42 PM »
The Three Eyed Raven would be a great name for a neighborhood head shop.

Thing that pisses me off about him is that he sits there and is supposed to be so wise and all seeing, yet he never tells anyone anything of relevancy.  Speaks in riddles and cryptic clues.  I would throttle the bitch.  "Dude spit it out... WTF you know....  we gonna win?  Lose?  Is Tom Brady retiring?  WHAT????"

Reason he sits in shock and paralyzation is because he had a vision of Kai Greene's grapefruit-routine.

It plays continously before his eyes as he sees the Past, the Present, and the Future.

It has scarred him.
Q

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #1180 on: April 26, 2019, 06:19:14 PM »
People I don't want to die :

Jon
Dragon Queen Daenerys
Bronn (seriously he is bad ass)
Cersei
Qyburn
Brienne

People I don't care if they die :
Sasha
Arya
Any of the Iron Born
Mountain
Hound

The rest are just meh.  I could take or leave their fates.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #1181 on: April 29, 2019, 01:50:42 AM »

dothraki got smoked, just as I thought.  

unsullied held the line as best as possible, despite maggots climbing all over them.
is arya the prince that was promised  ??? :-\

Entertaining episode but Dan and Dave's Hollywood writing  ???

I didn't think a mortal could be touched by the Night King.  Thanks D and D  ::)

I get it Cersei is the real villian, has always been.    

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1182 on: April 29, 2019, 03:44:03 AM »

dothraki got smoked, just as I thought.  

unsullied held the line as best as possible, despite maggots climbing all over them.
is arya the prince that was promised  ??? :-\

Entertaining episode but Dan and Dave's Hollywood writing  ???

I didn't think a mortal could be touched by the Night King.  Thanks D and D  ::)

I get it Cersei is the real villian, has always been.    

You were oh so correct regarding the Dothraki!

Unsullied did what they were raised to do, best defence-line and bodyguards ever.

Brute force doesn't work against the Whites, need to use the brain, subtlety and strategy.

Have to surprise them, and do the unexpected.
Q

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #1183 on: April 29, 2019, 04:42:25 AM »
You were oh so correct regarding the Dothraki!

Unsullied did what they were raised to do, best defence-line and bodyguards ever.

Brute force doesn't work against the Whites, need to use the brain, subtlety and strategy.

Have to surprise them, and do the unexpected.

I must have missed something.  Was Arya hiding in the tree or under the snow?  I'm not sure how she got past the White Walkers and wights, came out of fucking nowhere.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1184 on: April 29, 2019, 05:19:51 AM »
I must have missed something.  Was Arya hiding in the tree or under the snow?  I'm not sure how she got past the White Walkers and wights, came out of fucking nowhere.

She's a ninja, bro.

She's using stealthy ninja-moves.

Probably crawling/crouchsneaking through the bushes to get to the tree.
Q

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #1185 on: April 29, 2019, 08:01:06 AM »
She's a ninja, bro.

She's using stealthy ninja-moves.

Probably crawling/crouchsneaking through the bushes to get to the tree.

Hope GRRM sues Dan and Dave.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #1186 on: April 29, 2019, 08:10:47 PM »

https://www.buzzfeed.com/crystalro/funny-tweets-game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-3-part-2?origin=tubhttps://www.buzzfeed.com/crystalro/funny-tweets-game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-3-part-2?origin=tub

Scroll to #11.  There you go.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #1187 on: April 29, 2019, 08:12:23 PM »
Ok, wtf was Bran doing?   What was the point of warging into ravens?

Fucking bullshit.  I would have just walked.  When Bran said he had to go, I would have been like "yeah ok bro. Text me what you back."  Then I would have walked off.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/crystalro/funny-tweets-game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-3-part-2?origin=tub

Some funny ass stuff in that link about GoT.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #1188 on: April 30, 2019, 12:16:55 AM »
The show sort of sucks. Everything else on TV is just so god damn horrible people think this shit is the shit.

Sort of like food in prison. The food sucks six days a week and then on Sunday they give you cheeseburgers and soggy French fries and the idiots think it's a banquet at Buckingham Palace.
a

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #1189 on: April 30, 2019, 04:39:39 AM »
Good episode and an impressive battle.

My only question now is how well will Jon Snow, Daenerys and the Lannister brothers do against Cersei's army given that the army of the north has been practically decimated?

I know Daenerys seems to have 1 dragon left, which is pretty powerful given that the other army is made up of "the living", but as we've seen before, dragons can be killed and without too much difficulty if done correctly. But what about actual surviving men from the north's army? The Dothraki were erased. The unsullied were left to what, 15-20 men? Most of the northerners that fought were also killed. So how do they do it now?

I'm presume the show will probably twist it to show that they still have a substantial number of men, but it certainly didn't look like it by the end of that episode.

"1"

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #1190 on: April 30, 2019, 05:29:35 AM »
Good episode and an impressive battle.

My only question now is how well will Jon Snow, Daenerys and the Lannister brothers do against Cersei's army given that the army of the north has been practically decimated?

I know Daenerys seems to have 1 dragon left, which is pretty powerful given that the other army is made up of "the living", but as we've seen before, dragons can be killed and without too much difficulty if done correctly. But what about actual surviving men from the north's army? The Dothraki were erased. The unsullied were left to what, 15-20 men? Most of the northerners that fought were also killed. So how do they do it now?

I'm presume the show will probably twist it to show that they still have a substantial number of men, but it certainly didn't look like it by the end of that episode.

"1"

It looks like in the preview for the next episode that the other dragon is still alive. She left another army in one of those cities she conquered earlier in the series.
S

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #1191 on: April 30, 2019, 05:51:56 AM »
It looks like in the preview for the next episode that the other dragon is still alive. She left another army in one of those cities she conquered earlier in the series.

So you're saying that the dragon Jon Snow was flying on is still alive? I thought it went belly down into the ground during the episode, no?

Also, which army do you speak of? I can only remember the Dothraki + unsullied. Was there another and, if so, do you remember who/where?

"1"

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #1192 on: April 30, 2019, 06:25:14 AM »
So you're saying that the dragon Jon Snow was flying on is still alive? I thought it went belly down into the ground during the episode, no?

Also, which army do you speak of? I can only remember the Dothraki + unsullied. Was there another and, if so, do you remember who/where?

"1"

In the short preview for next week there were two shots of Jon Snow's green dragon alive and well although he appears to have a hole in his left wing:

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #1193 on: April 30, 2019, 07:02:04 AM »

"1"

She had a mercenary army ran by her old boyfriend. I think it was called the second sons.
S

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #1194 on: April 30, 2019, 07:05:10 AM »
I think (I hope) the dragon is still alive.

Still not unsure why Mel decided to kill herself at the end of the battle.

For the fight with Cersei, I think everyone is in favor and will vote to leave Bran's useless ass at Winterfell.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #1195 on: April 30, 2019, 09:06:35 AM »
In the short preview for next week there were two shots of Jon Snow's green dragon alive and well although he appears to have a hole in his left wing:

Holy shit, great find!

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #1196 on: April 30, 2019, 09:07:30 AM »
She had a mercenary army ran by her old boyfriend. I think it was called the second sons.

That should be interesting to see, how many men she can gather and whether she would have to give her old boyfriend some play to garner the "following".

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #1197 on: April 30, 2019, 09:10:35 AM »
I think (I hope) the dragon is still alive.

Still not unsure why Mel decided to kill herself at the end of the battle.

For the fight with Cersei, I think everyone is in favor and will vote to leave Bran's useless ass at Winterfell.

I don't know to what extent Bran is able to take over other creature's bodies (you know the whole eye's rolled back and now I am able to take over ravens or hodor) and whether it's limited to only the living, but I was hoping he would have taken over the night/dead dragon and given the army of the dead some trouble. Instead, he sat there like a fucking useless cripple and waited for everyone else to do the damn work. Ungrateful piece of shit can't even say thank you to anyone.

"1"

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #1198 on: April 30, 2019, 09:45:19 AM »

"1"

The Unsullied were 3 lines deep.  Most of the last line evacuated, which would be about 2000-3000 out of 11,700 for show purposes. I'm going to go with about 200-300 Dothraki (50,000 charged) on horseback and foot came back with Jorah.  Both dragons lived but were banged up.

If I'm from Essos, I'm out. The hell with Dany and her Westeros war.  Cersei will never go to that part of the world. 

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #1199 on: April 30, 2019, 09:51:53 AM »

As Jorah would say, "The second sons have faced the worst odds and run."  They are about as dependable as the Golden Co's elephants.