Author Topic: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV  (Read 309509 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV
« Reply #1275 on: May 12, 2019, 08:01:35 PM »
She lost her $#!+ as expected.

If Jon had serviced her she would have stayed calm.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1276 on: May 12, 2019, 08:07:00 PM »
Is the midgie still around?  I suppose they could spin off his own series...Call it "Little People, Big Dragons". 
Mystical!  Magical! Midgies!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1277 on: May 12, 2019, 08:47:22 PM »
Last episode was poor.

Tonight’s was great.

Haters / dorks.
Y

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1278 on: May 12, 2019, 08:55:27 PM »
Is the midgie still around?  I suppose they could spin off his own series...Call it "Little People, Big Dragons".  
Mystical!  Magical! Midgies!

:D

Tonight!

Game of Mystical, Magical Midgies premier

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #1279 on: May 12, 2019, 10:07:53 PM »
This episode was good even though the show has turned into the Dungeons and Dragons equivalent of a comic book movie. Mostly flash and sizzle with mediocre substance. It's going to end exactly how the spoilers predict.

I like it and still hold it in high regard, but I can't see it being a series I could sit through again. The repeatablity factor that the best series have, seems lost with this one.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #1280 on: May 13, 2019, 01:23:36 AM »
This episode was good even though the show has turned into the Dungeons and Dragons equivalent of a comic book movie. Mostly flash and sizzle with mediocre substance. It's going to end exactly how the spoilers predict.

I like it and still hold it in high regard, but I can't see it being a series I could sit through again. The repeatablity factor that the best series have, seems lost with this one.

You're being waaaaay too generous. This episode was hysterically bad. I couldn't stop laughing at how stupid these characters have become. The whole season  was rushed. Where did all this money for the episodes go? I dont have a clue.

As far as I'm.concerned the battle.of the bastatds destroyed this in the action department.

Regarding writing...theres no comparison to the first 4 seasons.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #1281 on: May 13, 2019, 01:38:00 AM »
As earlier stated, it isn't Georges sourcematerial anymore, it's Dumb and Dumber making up stuff as they go.

Maybe this should work, no wait, i got an idea, how about this? Yeah that's it! Let's make Arya kill the King! Oh wait! I have another idea! etc etc

I enjoyed Season 1 - 6 very much though.

It doesn't matter, nothing matters.  I'll just live with Jamie and Cersei leaving the world together.  BTW, excellent visuals and battle directing by Miguel again.  

Dany went mad over ringing bells, just unbelievable. That's some Venom BS.  Phuck Dan and Dave.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #1282 on: May 13, 2019, 05:59:48 AM »
It doesn't matter, nothing matters.  I'll just live with Jamie and Cersei leaving the world together.  BTW, excellent visuals and battle directing by Miguel again.  

Dany went mad over ringing bells, just unbelievable. That's some Venom BS.  Phuck Dan and Dave.

History repeated itself, mad king to now mad queen. Both trying to burn the city down to ashes. She cracked. Rightfully so, she lost 2 of her dragons, missandei, Ser Jorah Mormont and the bulk of her dothraki and unsullied in helping Jon and the northerners to then feel unappreciated/distrusted by the people of the north and king's landing. Not to mention that the night before, when Jon should have serviced her and admitted that she is his queen, he couldn't get it up and she in turn said, "Let it be fear then". So she said fuck it and went ape shit. Not the best writing, I'll concede that. But then again, as we already know, this is what the showrunners are going with in light of not having source material from the mad author himself George RR Martin.

I think it was visually, one of the best episodes of the season. The action was great, the music was very good and it sets up the last episode nicely. Either Jon Snow or Arya kills Daenerys. Would be great if Tyrion does it, but tough to say. For my conspiracy, I'm still holding on to Arya being the one that kills Daenerys. Melisandre did say to Arya that her destiny was to close green eyes forever and Daenerys does have green eyes.

Also, is it me, or does it look like snow is both stabbing her in the heart and stabbing her through the groin?

"1"

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #1283 on: May 13, 2019, 06:36:38 AM »
History repeated itself, mad king to now mad queen. Both trying to burn the city down to ashes. She cracked. Rightfully so, she lost 2 of her dragons, missandei, Ser Jorah Mormont and the bulk of her dothraki and unsullied in helping Jon and the northerners to then feel unappreciated/distrusted by the people of the north and king's landing. Not to mention that the night before, when Jon should have serviced her and admitted that she is his queen, he couldn't get it up and she in turn said, "Let it be fear then". So she said fuck it and went ape shit. Not the best writing, I'll concede that. But then again, as we already know, this is what the showrunners are going with in light of not having source material from the mad author himself George RR Martin.

I think it was visually, one of the best episodes of the season. The action was great, the music was very good and it sets up the last episode nicely. Either Jon Snow or Arya kills Daenerys. Would be great if Tyrion does it, but tough to say. For my conspiracy, I'm still holding on to Arya being the one that kills Daenerys. Melisandre did say to Arya that her destiny was to close green eyes forever and Daenerys does have green eyes.

Also, is it me, or does it look like snow is both stabbing her in the heart and stabbing her through the groin?

"1"

Arya is an excellent archer, will be the one to shoot Drogon in the eye.  I thought they were setting that up during the episode.  Dany will name Sansa to her kill list, which will force Jon to kill her.  Dany eyes should be a shade of purple.  No more eyes games with Mel and Arya.  Ops Drogon still has to eat someone, and Tyrion is bite size.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #1284 on: May 13, 2019, 06:40:03 AM »
This was a great episode in isolation if you assume Danaerys's "turn" was well set up on the previous 7.5 seasons.  But it wasn't so the whole thing just makes no sense to me.  

I don't understand the arcs of most of the main characters now or the point of the whole story overall.  Jon will probably kill her next episode and it will be the only thing of any consequence he's done all season.  There will likely be some sort of fantastical surprising twist next week but it's damaged beyond repair at this point.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #1285 on: May 13, 2019, 06:41:58 AM »

Best Duo

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #1286 on: May 13, 2019, 06:47:27 AM »
Bye Cersei, GOT's greatest arc.  Cry

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1287 on: May 13, 2019, 06:54:50 AM »

At least we will get this in the next episode.

I enjoyed Season 1 to 6 very much.
Q

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #1288 on: May 13, 2019, 06:57:22 AM »
At least we will get this in the next episode.

I enjoyed Season 1 to 6 very much.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1289 on: May 13, 2019, 06:59:19 AM »
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1290 on: May 13, 2019, 07:00:27 AM »
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1291 on: May 13, 2019, 09:35:04 AM »
Review of Episode 5 by Joe Marino

Q

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1292 on: May 13, 2019, 09:44:58 AM »
This was a great episode in isolation if you assume Danaerys's "turn" was well set up on the previous 7.5 seasons.  But it wasn't so the whole thing just makes no sense to me.  

I don't understand the arcs of most of the main characters now or the point of the whole story overall.  Jon will probably kill her next episode and it will be the only thing of any consequence he's done all season.  There will likely be some sort of fantastical surprising twist next week but it's damaged beyond repair at this point.

You sum it up perfectly.

Danaery's is portrayed as being an intolerable ruler because she wants to go to war with Cersei, which everyone was on board with until they defeated the Night King.  Then it became preposterous to immediately go into war.....

She lays all her plans to the side, everyone she trusted betrays her, save for Gray Worm/the unsullied, and she loses everyone important to her and now she is an "insane tyrant"? It really makes little sense.

As do alot of the character choices.

And why did they have the Euron and Jamie scene only for Jamie to finally meet with Cersei and have their bitter sweet moment? After his wounds Jamie should have been clutching to life and died as Cersei found him. Her character recieved an easy death when the whole series was a build up to seeing her get justice.

The season has been ok but it has not lived up to expectations.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1293 on: May 13, 2019, 03:27:16 PM »
Q

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #1294 on: May 13, 2019, 05:31:18 PM »
Has the 3rd twist happened yet?  Did I miss it?

Hodor
Shireen
?

I hope Disney execs are watching this bullshit.  They have to be out of their phucking minds to hire these 2 dudes for an Old Republic trilogy, will have to close a theme park to cover the financial loses.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1295 on: May 13, 2019, 05:45:51 PM »

Dany went mad over ringing bells, just unbelievable. That's some Venom BS.  Phuck Dan and Dave.

Visuals like the dragon's breath seeming like a bomb going off.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1296 on: May 13, 2019, 05:59:56 PM »
Game of Thrones: The Last Watch | Official Documentary Trailer

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #1297 on: May 13, 2019, 06:07:01 PM »
Man, some of y’all take it too seriously. It’s junk food for the brain, it’s not like it’s Mad Men or something.

Outing myself here for some sort of weirdness, but why didn’t Jon just fuck Dany? It’s not like he grew up with her in his family, just stab that shit.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #1298 on: May 13, 2019, 06:46:23 PM »
Tyrion will end up killing Dany.  We expect Jon to and Arya is done. She did the night king. That’s enough. I would love to see Sansa kill Dany but I think Tyrion will get ultimate revenge and save Jon’s life while sacrificing himself. Tyrion will kill the mad queen as Jamie killed the mad King.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #1299 on: May 13, 2019, 06:55:34 PM »
You sum it up perfectly.

Danaery's is portrayed as being an intolerable ruler because she wants to go to war with Cersei, which everyone was on board with until they defeated the Night King.  Then it became preposterous to immediately go into war.....

She lays all her plans to the side, everyone she trusted betrays her, save for Gray Worm/the unsullied, and she loses everyone important to her and now she is an "insane tyrant"? It really makes little sense.

As do alot of the character choices.

And why did they have the Euron and Jamie scene only for Jamie to finally meet with Cersei and have their bitter sweet moment? After his wounds Jamie should have been clutching to life and died as Cersei found him. Her character recieved an easy death when the whole series was a build up to seeing her get justice.

The season has been ok but it has not lived up to expectations.

They really should've flipped the battles. They did all this ridiculous nonsense like turning Euron into a dragon-slaying sharpshooter( who apparently commands an invisible fleet) just to create unearned tension during the final battle and having Dany's court fall apart.  All the wind got knocked out of the series with the fall of the night king, so this final game of thrones not only feels rushed, but it's downright absurd.

If they flipped the battles, then they could have had a satisfying, grounded conclusion for a lot of the characters with the King's Landing battle, then they could've  had more realistic dissension among Dany's court, a great battle in the north that made sense closer to the finale and wrapped things up without turning everything into a shitshow just so viewers would still be emotionally invested.