Author Topic: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV  (Read 309501 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV
« Reply #1300 on: May 13, 2019, 07:15:02 PM »
:D

Tonight!

Game of Mystical, Magical Midgies premier

;D ;D

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1301 on: May 13, 2019, 07:55:18 PM »

They really should've flipped the battles. They did all this ridiculous nonsense like turning Euron into a dragon-slaying sharpshooter( who apparently commands an invisible fleet) just to create unearned tension during the final battle and having Dany's court fall apart.  All the wind got knocked out of the series with the fall of the night king, so this final game of thrones not only feels rushed, but it's downright absurd.

If they flipped the battles, then they could have had a satisfying, grounded conclusion for a lot of the characters with the King's Landing battle, then they could've  had more realistic dissension among Dany's court, a great battle in the north that made sense closer to the finale and wrapped things up without turning everything into a shitshow just so viewers would still be emotionally invested.  

I agree 100%.

The night king was the  bigger threat by far and the fact that they made relatively light work of him should have made Dany's council realize any other battle would not be a war in comparison.

Also, as the text message meme alluded, they never did the 3 dragons justice if 1 could DESTROY  a fleet of ships and the largest city in the world on own.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1302 on: May 13, 2019, 08:31:52 PM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #1303 on: May 14, 2019, 07:07:15 AM »
The night king ending and how Cersi died are the most unsatisfying endings ever. You build up a story for 8 seasons and both deaths are so unimaginary.  Just lame shit. It’s like the writers gave up.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1304 on: May 14, 2019, 11:14:21 AM »
The night king ending and how Cersi died are the most unsatisfying endings ever. You build up a story for 8 seasons and both deaths are so unimaginary.  Just lame shit. It’s like the writers gave up.

Dumb and Dumber are spitting on George RR Martins work and prophecies he built up for years lol.

Q

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #1305 on: May 14, 2019, 02:47:55 PM »
I agree 100%.

The night king was the  bigger threat by far and the fact that they made relatively light work of him should have made Dany's council realize any other battle would not be a war in comparison.

Also, as the text message meme alluded, they never did the 3 dragons justice if 1 could DESTROY  a fleet of ships and the largest city in the world on own.

Nothing about this season makes sense. At the end of  the seventh season, I thought this was possibly the best drama in the history of television. By the 4th episode of season  8, I wasn't even sure if I wanted to stick with 2 more episodes to get to the finale. I seriously bowed the fuck out after the fall of the night king. It's not uncommon for really popular shows to get really divisive with their finales. Everybody hated the endings for LOST, The Sopranos , Seinfeld, etc. So I keep asking myself  if this is really ruining the show for me or if the show was more good than bad. I guess the difference for me is that the journey just seems like a complete waste with the way everything is being wrapped up.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #1306 on: May 14, 2019, 04:48:21 PM »
Couldn't care less about how this ends at this point.

There were so many eye rolling moments in the last episode I spent more time staring at my brow

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1307 on: May 14, 2019, 04:55:22 PM »
Nothing about this season makes sense. At the end of  the seventh season, I thought this was possibly the best drama in the history of television. By the 4th episode of season  8, I wasn't even sure if I wanted to stick with 2 more episodes to get to the finale. I seriously bowed the fuck out after the fall of the night king. It's not uncommon for really popular shows to get really divisive with their finales. Everybody hated the endings for LOST, The Sopranos , Seinfeld, etc. So I keep asking myself  if this is really ruining the show for me or if the show was more good than bad. I guess the difference for me is that the journey just seems like a complete waste with the way everything is being wrapped up.

Breaking Bad will always be the best series ever. :D

Mayor Of Bodybuilding

• Getbig III
« Reply #1308 on: May 14, 2019, 04:57:19 PM »
I love Game Of THONGS!!!!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1309 on: May 14, 2019, 08:17:39 PM »

One more thing there...

"The episode opens with Varys writing a memo about Jon Snow's (Kit Harington) true parentage, as a kitchen girl named Martha arrives with news. As Martha explains to Varys, Daenerys "won't eat", which Varys responds to with "We'll try again at supper."

Martha then reveals that she worried Dany's soldiers were watching her, which prompted the following exchange:

“Of course they are,” Varys explained. "That's their job. What have I told you, Martha?”

"The bigger the risk, the bigger reward,” Martha replied."

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/05/13/game-of-thrones-spoilers-season-8-episode-5-varys-death-daenerys-poisoning/?fbclid=IwAR2WQ-3bn6z0HbmDscQbcxxOGR5lS-84SgXv_jmtzpBgDfrJtk2I6C3wPg8

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1310 on: May 14, 2019, 09:07:54 PM »
One more thing there...

"The episode opens with Varys writing a memo about Jon Snow's (Kit Harington) true parentage, as a kitchen girl named Martha arrives with news. As Martha explains to Varys, Daenerys "won't eat", which Varys responds to with "We'll try again at supper."

Martha then reveals that she worried Dany's soldiers were watching her, which prompted the following exchange:

“Of course they are,” Varys explained. "That's their job. What have I told you, Martha?”

"The bigger the risk, the bigger reward,” Martha replied."

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/05/13/game-of-thrones-spoilers-season-8-episode-5-varys-death-daenerys-poisoning/?fbclid=IwAR2WQ-3bn6z0HbmDscQbcxxOGR5lS-84SgXv_jmtzpBgDfrJtk2I6C3wPg8

Since she wouldn't eat, Varys couldn't poison her.
Q

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #1311 on: May 15, 2019, 07:34:28 AM »
DUMB AND DUMBER HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS SHIT!  BURN BOTH OF THEM! >:(

1ST 1:31  >:(

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1312 on: May 15, 2019, 08:36:04 AM »
When G_Thang hears the Game of Thrones-theme :D

Q

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #1313 on: May 16, 2019, 12:26:35 AM »
When G_Thang hears the Game of Thrones-theme :D

Here's a mental note going into Episode 6:  Bran can only have visions from his perspective. How is Bran looking at K'sL from Drogon's perspective?  I know someone (Dumb or Dumber) is going to say, Crows are flying next to Drogon but we don't see them during the attack.  ::)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #1314 on: May 16, 2019, 12:46:18 AM »
Usually it's my favorite things that Hollywood wipes their ass with and sets on fire.  I'm glad to see some other people finally getting a turn.

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #1315 on: May 16, 2019, 02:10:55 AM »

I agree.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #1316 on: May 16, 2019, 06:35:43 AM »
I agree.

Game of Thrones was in the running up through season 4 but has lost its way, then this last season has ruined it.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1317 on: May 16, 2019, 07:28:05 AM »
With a few exceptions, the writing and plotting verges on auctorial malpractice. Let's see if ep.8 is better.

Ep 8? Ep 6 will be the last one.
Q

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1318 on: May 16, 2019, 08:06:41 AM »
With a few exceptions, the writing and plotting verges on auctorial malpractice. Let's see if ep.8 is better.

Were it anyone else here I would be impressed but given that 'tis you that is writing this, it is what I have come to expect.  Superb, sire! ;D 

It is rare to see that particular word in use these days.  Wow.

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #1319 on: May 16, 2019, 10:35:21 AM »
Were it anyone else here I would be impressed but given that 'tis you that is writing this, it is what I have come to expect.  Superb, sire! ;D 

It is rare to see that particular word in use these days.  Wow.

Thank you, TS! :D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #1320 on: May 16, 2019, 04:29:49 PM »
It sucked.  I have defended it a lot but this last episode is beyond me.

There is no way Cersei deserved to be killed off that lame.
Jamie either.  I was hoping he would kill her in blind rage over being pregnant by Euron and then find out it was a lie as he lay suffering from his own wounds and put a dagger through his own heart to end it.

Hound vs Mountain started off good, but went to the shits rather fast.  Come on... no decisive winner just a fall into flames for both.

How much fucking fire can a dragon produce?  I remember in Reign of Fire, they portrayed dragons as having chemicals that they could spit and it would burst into flames when exposed to oxygen.  I am sure the method here is different but seriously... that dragon should have been gasping like an a rapist with asthma by the time he did have of that.  Needed to lay down for a nap or something.

Guess we have to wait until the next episode to see how Bronn of Blackwater made out with his scheme and hustle of playing both sides.

Arya will probably kill the last dragon with the scorpion prototype model located in the basement or wherever it was the first time they showed it.  (When they fired it through the skull fossil of a past dragon.)

Bran will warg into the last dragon as Dany is on it and crash it into the castle killing Dany.  And where it will find Arya waiting with the basement scorpion.

Oh well... we will soon see.  There is an online petition of people demanind this season be redone.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1321 on: May 16, 2019, 04:29:58 PM »

QFT.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1322 on: May 16, 2019, 06:22:08 PM »
Nothing about this season makes sense. At the end of  the seventh season, I thought this was possibly the best drama in the history of television. By the 4th episode of season  8, I wasn't even sure if I wanted to stick with 2 more episodes to get to the finale. I seriously bowed the fuck out after the fall of the night king. It's not uncommon for really popular shows to get really divisive with their finales. Everybody hated the endings for LOST, The Sopranos , Seinfeld, etc. So I keep asking myself  if this is really ruining the show for me or if the show was more good than bad. I guess the difference for me is that the journey just seems like a complete waste with the way everything is being wrapped up.

The storyline has done a 180. Im not even sure what the build up is to now. However this ends the meaning is lost.

The last 2 years have been garbage compared to the rest of the series but its still been a fantastic show overall.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #1323 on: May 17, 2019, 12:19:28 AM »
Game of Groins
Shame of Thrones
GOT Fans kicked in the "Bells".

Dracarys The Children in one episode

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #1324 on: May 17, 2019, 06:31:03 PM »
HBO: What do we say too good writing?
Dan & Dave: Not today.