Author Topic: Obamas' Failed Post-Presidency  (Read 144427 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obamas' Failed Post-Presidency
« Reply #525 on: January 04, 2019, 11:23:17 AM »
Nobel Chief Finally Admits He Regrets Giving Obama the Peace Prize
Godfather Politics ^ | January 3, 2019 | Warner Todd Huston
Posted on 1/4/2019, 2:15:53 PM by Jyotishi

Anyone with half an ounce of brains immediately knew in 2009 that the Nobel Peace Prize committee was making itself look foolish for giving Barack Obama its top award even though he had only been president for about five minutes. Now the group's former secretary is admitting that the whole thing was a huge mistake.

Nobel's former secretary, Geir Lundestad, told the media that he thought giving Obama the award would spur him to great accomplishments. Instead, Obama did nothing of note over the next eight years.

Lundestad addressed the foolhardy decision in his recently published autobiography, according to the BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34277960

Mr Lundestad, writing in his memoir, Secretary of Peace, said even Mr. Obama himself had been surprised.

"No Nobel Peace Prize ever elicited more attention than the 2009 prize to Barack Obama," Mr. Lundestad writes.

"Even many of Obama's supporters believed that the prize was a mistake," he says. "In that sense the committee didn't achieve what it had hoped for".

Lundestad that at first Obama greeted the situation with some good sense and initially said he did not even want to come pick the thing up.

But, soon enough his natural (and proper) embarrassment at being given the award for no logical reason was overcome by his arrogance and desire for personal adulation. He went and picked it up in person anyway.

Of course, Obama's detractors here in the U.S.A. widely made fun of the idiotic award.

As well they should. Obama did not deserve any "peace prize" before he had even fairly begun his first term. And eight years later, even Lundestad now admits that Obama did nothing even after two terms to deserve it.

It's about time they admit it.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston https://twitter.com/warnerthuston

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #526 on: January 05, 2019, 01:36:22 PM »
Nobel Chief Finally Admits He Regrets Giving Obama the Peace Prize
Godfather Politics ^ | January 3, 2019 | Warner Todd Huston
Posted on 1/4/2019, 2:15:53 PM by Jyotishi

Anyone with half an ounce of brains immediately knew in 2009 that the Nobel Peace Prize committee was making itself look foolish for giving Barack Obama its top award even though he had only been president for about five minutes. Now the group's former secretary is admitting that the whole thing was a huge mistake.

Nobel's former secretary, Geir Lundestad, told the media that he thought giving Obama the award would spur him to great accomplishments. Instead, Obama did nothing of note over the next eight years.

Lundestad addressed the foolhardy decision in his recently published autobiography, according to the BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34277960

Mr Lundestad, writing in his memoir, Secretary of Peace, said even Mr. Obama himself had been surprised.

"No Nobel Peace Prize ever elicited more attention than the 2009 prize to Barack Obama," Mr. Lundestad writes.

"Even many of Obama's supporters believed that the prize was a mistake," he says. "In that sense the committee didn't achieve what it had hoped for".

Lundestad that at first Obama greeted the situation with some good sense and initially said he did not even want to come pick the thing up.

But, soon enough his natural (and proper) embarrassment at being given the award for no logical reason was overcome by his arrogance and desire for personal adulation. He went and picked it up in person anyway.

Of course, Obama's detractors here in the U.S.A. widely made fun of the idiotic award.

As well they should. Obama did not deserve any "peace prize" before he had even fairly begun his first term. And eight years later, even Lundestad now admits that Obama did nothing even after two terms to deserve it.

It's about time they admit it.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston https://twitter.com/warnerthuston

-Warner Todd Huston is a writer for Breitbart News, http://Constitution.com , http://PubliusForum.com , and many, many more. I block liberals, jess saying. igcolonel@hotmail.com

@warnerthuston https://twitter.com/warnerthuston

-Geir Lundestad (a nay-saying blabbermouth),  served as the committee's influential, but non-voting, secretary from 1990 to 2015.

He has broken with the tradition of the secretive committee, whose members rarely discuss proceedings.

Other insights:
The book (his memoir) also gives other insights into the activities of the committee:

According to Mr Lundestad, Jonas Gahr Store, then Norway's foreign minister, tried in 2010 to dissuade the panel from awarding the prize to a Chinese dissident, fearing it would strain the country's relationship with Beijing. The Nobel committee ignored the warnings and honoured Liu Xiaobo.
Mr Lundestad also criticises Thorbjorn Jagland, who was the committee chairman for six years and is now a regular member. He said that as a former Norwegian prime minister, Mr Jagland should never have been appointed to the committee, which frequently stresses its independence.

In an amusing anecdote, Mr Lundestad relates how he found Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, who won the award in 1994, watching an episode of the Tom and Jerry cartoon in his hotel with other Palestine Liberation Organisation members. "It was made very clear that they intended to watch until the end," he said.
This year's Nobel Peace Prize will be announced on October 9.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34277960

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #529 on: February 05, 2019, 07:27:35 AM »
https://trib.al/317rcpD

Ha ! 

Crazed man steals Obama mannequine

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #531 on: February 05, 2019, 11:25:33 AM »
SEE IT: Crazed man attacks NYC lingerie store window, drags out Barack Obama mannequin
By GRAHAM RAYMAN  and LEONARD GREENE
| NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
FEB 05, 2019 | 12:40 AM

A securtiy cam captured a man bashing in a store window.
This is some high-level hate.

A deranged man was so enraged at Barack Obama that he tossed a heavy cinder block through the plate glass window of a Harlem store last month, yanked out a mannequin of the former President, and left it shattered on the sidewalk.

The agitated man walked by the Romantic Depot on Broadway near W. 138th St. on Jan. 26 when he stopped and paced in front of the window. It had a display featuring Obama dressed as a prince, and President Trump dressed as a princess wearing a Make America Great Again hat, said Glen Buzzetti, the owner of Romantic Depot’s seven New York City stores.

The man walked a few feet past the window to a metal barricade that separated the sidewalk from some street construction work, surveillance video shows.

PAID POSTWhat Is This?
 Reverse Mortgages: Too good to be true?
Reverse Mortgages: Too good to be true?
If you’ve been looking for an extra source of income at retirement age, this could be your answer.

SEE MORE Sponsored Content by  LendingTree
He pulled the barricade aside and picked up a brick or stone from the construction project.

Then he returned to the store display and smashed the window with the brick or stone, the video shows. Next, he yanked out the Obama mannequin, and threw it to the ground. He left standing a statue of President Trump, which was next to the Obama mannequin.

As the man ran off, shocked store staff raced out of the store to survey the damage. One worker followed the man down the block.

“One of the people on our security team, a smaller guy, was able to catch him and held him for the police,” said Buzzetti.

The video doesn’t show what Buzzetti says happened next: Obama fans assailed the crazed man.

“We had to protect him from the crowd,” Buzzetti said. “He was surrounded. We put our loss prevention people out and surrounded him.”

“He could have been killed. We had women trying to kick him in the head. We had to protect him because he had damaged the Obama image.”

Buzzetti said people in the neighborhood are vigilant about crime. “That’s how it is up there and anytime they feel that someone steals, people come out of their apartments …. The local businesses are part of the family. If you just yell, they come running.”

Buzzetti said the man, who was wearing a backpack with a skateboard attached, spewed hateful rhetoric about the 44th President.

"He definitely was a Trump supporter who was very angry with Obama's policies, and he kept on repeating it after he was caught that he hated Obama and Obama ruined the country,” Buzzetti said.

“It cost us $1,000,” Buzzetti said.

“He said he hated Obama, and that the mannequin was looking at him bad,” Buzzetti said. “He said, `That doll was giving me bad looks. I’m tired of him. Obama brought the country down.’ He said he walks by the store every day and sees Obama every day and it made him really angry.“

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #532 on: February 13, 2019, 06:01:12 PM »
Monica Witt: US Air Force officer defects to Iran with information 'seriously damaging' to national security, officials reveal

A US Air Force officer has defected to Iran and shared information that could cause "serious damage" to America's national security, officials have revealed.

“Witt, who defected to Iran in 2013, is alleged to have assisted Iranian intelligence services in targeting her former fellow agents in the US Intelligence Community (USIC). Witt is also alleged to have disclosed the code name and classified mission of a US Department of Defence Special Access Program,”

https://news.yahoo.com/monica-witt-us-air-force-160603245.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #533 on: February 18, 2019, 07:45:56 AM »
NBA plans pro league in Africa with direct involvement from former President Barack Obama
AP ^ | Feb. 16, 2019 | Tim Reynolds
Posted on 2/17/2019, 7:33:01 PM by ConservativeStatement

The NBA is bringing a pro league to Africa.

The Basketball Africa League, a new collaboration between the NBA and the sport's global governing body FIBA, was announced Saturday. The initial plan is for the 12-team league to begin play in January, and former President Barack Obama is among those who are expected to have direct involvement with the league's plan to keep growing the game in Africa through the league and other initiatives.

(Excerpt) Read more at chicagotribune.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ______

Africa's own  . . . . . good let them have him. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #534 on: March 08, 2019, 01:40:03 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #535 on: March 08, 2019, 01:55:55 PM »
Rep. Ilhan Omar slams Barack Obama's message of 'hope and change' as a 'mirage'
FoxNews.com ^ | Mar 8, 2019 | Liam Quinn | Fox News
Posted on 3/8/2019, 4:47:44 PM by ETL

Rookie Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar, fresh off igniting an intra-party uproar with comments widely viewed as anti-Semitic, took a swipe at former President Barack Obama, saying in an explosive interview the 44th president's message of "hope and change" was a "mirage" and blasting his administration's drone and border detention policies.

Omar, D-Minn., took aim at the president's famed slogan, while further criticizing the Democratic Party for “perpetuating the status quo,” in the interview with Politico.

“Recalling the ‘caging of kids’ at the U.S.-Mexico border and the ‘droning of countries around the world’ on Obama’s watch," Omar charged that Obama "operated within the same fundamentally broken framework as his Republican successor,” the piece reads.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #536 on: March 08, 2019, 06:01:34 PM »
Rep. Ilhan Omar slams Barack Obama's message of 'hope and change' as a 'mirage'
FoxNews.com ^ | Mar 8, 2019 | Liam Quinn | Fox News
Posted on 3/8/2019, 4:47:44 PM by ETL

Rookie Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar, fresh off igniting an intra-party uproar with comments widely viewed as anti-Semitic, took a swipe at former President Barack Obama, saying in an explosive interview the 44th president's message of "hope and change" was a "mirage" and blasting his administration's drone and border detention policies.

Omar, D-Minn., took aim at the president's famed slogan, while further criticizing the Democratic Party for “perpetuating the status quo,” in the interview with Politico.

“Recalling the ‘caging of kids’ at the U.S.-Mexico border and the ‘droning of countries around the world’ on Obama’s watch," Omar charged that Obama "operated within the same fundamentally broken framework as his Republican successor,” the piece reads.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

She should fuck off back to the shithole she came from. Her "religion" murders men/women/children on a daily basis. Scum of the earth.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #537 on: March 09, 2019, 04:25:12 PM »
Ilhan Omar deletes tweet claiming Politico distorted Obama criticism
nyp ^ | 01/09/2019 | Laura Italiano
Posted on 3/9/2019, 7:21:28 PM by chief lee runamok

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) on Saturday deleted a controversial tweet accusing Politico of distorting statements she’d made in an interview.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #538 on: March 10, 2019, 01:11:04 PM »
She should fuck off back to the shithole she came from. Her "religion" murders men/women/children on a daily basis. Scum of the earth.

Exactly right - Her & all of them fuck off to a shit bag muslim country
Let her go shout her big mouth over there & see how she gets on.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #540 on: March 20, 2019, 02:53:18 AM »

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #541 on: March 20, 2019, 11:02:36 AM »
I wish the Obamas a miserable kwanza.

;D ;D ;D ;D

THAT is a HOF getbig zinger.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #542 on: March 20, 2019, 12:48:11 PM »

So glad that man is out of office. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #545 on: March 26, 2019, 06:05:07 PM »
I didn't watch the link, but can I ask you something.
Politics aside, how much better is YOUR life since Trump was elected?
I think we'd all be better off getting more energetic about getting laid or working out LOL
How is YOUR life worse?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #546 on: March 26, 2019, 08:38:28 PM »
How is YOUR life worse?

Just did my taxes. Big difference between last year and this year and it isn't good. Nothing changed but his tax code. I guess if I was a corporation I would be happy. I'm not

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #547 on: March 26, 2019, 09:57:36 PM »
Just did my taxes. Big difference between last year and this year and it isn't good. Nothing changed but his tax code. I guess if I was a corporation I would be happy. I'm not
I have to wonder what you people that are bitching about taxes are doing to get screwed, I got back almost the same amount as the year before from both state and federal.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #548 on: March 26, 2019, 09:58:11 PM »
I have to wonder what you people that are bitching about taxes are doing to get screwed, I got back almost the same amount as the year before from both state and federal.

Making more money

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #549 on: March 27, 2019, 09:29:04 AM »
...by reading posts on this forum.
Sadly, like the main character in Brokeback Mt.
" I can't quit you... GetBig " ;)
So your life hasn't changed?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!