Author Topic: Is spacing meals out during the day necessary?  (Read 679 times)

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Is spacing meals out during the day necessary?
« on: October 20, 2012, 10:57:11 AM »
Well it looks like we stirred up a little controversy with a seemingly harmless video!

In this video we show how Emily manages to eat 6 meals during the day even though she has a busy schedule.

It turns out there are many people who say this is no longer necessary and that you can eat all your meals in a 6 hour window and still get the same results.

The conversation got so nasty and out of control I had to delete the video and re-upload it!!

What's your opinion?

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: Is spacing meals out during the day necessary?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 11:00:20 AM »
I think if you are bulking, and/or using steroids then a traditional 6 meal plan might be slightly better.  But if you want to lose weight, or just maintain then fewer meals are better IMHO. Two really big meals are much more satisfying.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »
Eat all 6 meals at once for time savings.  Your body will naturally release all the correct nutrients needed at the right time.  When hitting flat bench the body will release the grilled chicken breast nutrients, when playing chess the body will release the carrot nutrients, when performing buddy towel curls the body will release the sausage pizza nutrients.  Point is the body knows.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 11:13:55 AM »
Eat all 6 meals at once for time savings.  Your body will naturally release all the correct nutrients needed at the right time.  When hitting flat bench the body will release the grilled chicken breast nutrients, when playing chess the body will release the carrot nutrients, when performing buddy towel curls the body will release the sausage pizza nutrients.  Point is the body knows.
I agree.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 11:17:26 AM »

x2

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »
Fact is, when you workout hard and your actually turning over protein, you'll be hungry often. Even after eating a healthy 500-1000 kcals. If you're not that hungry, then your not in need of the goods. Simple as that. Eat when you're hungry.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 07:35:24 PM »

spot on