Author Topic: Chaffetz(R):House Oversight Committee Won't Investigate Trump Voter Fraud Claim  (Read 6636 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/chaffetz-house-oversight-committee-won-t-investigate-trump-s-voter-n730146

Speaking on CNN, the Utah representative said he does not see any evidence to back up Trump's tweets.

"We can't just investigate everything that's ever thrown out there by the Democrats, by the Republicans. We have to pick and choose," he said.

... or the so-called president of the united states?  ???

Skeeter

"Although the committee will not look into Trump's voter fraud allegations, Chaffetz said congressional leaders will investigate the president's Saturday morning claim that former President Obama wiretapped Trump Tower during the campaign, adding that "the president is directly asking and calling for" a probe. "

Can't wait to see the results of this. Pretty serious implications if Trump is lying about that one.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
For clarity, someone posted this interview with Chaffetz here yesterday. How long before he confirms there will be no investigation into trump tower wiretapping due to lack of evidence?

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/chaffetz-house-oversight-committee-won-t-investigate-trump-s-voter-n730146

Speaking on CNN, the Utah representative said he does not see any evidence to back up Trump's tweets.

"We can't just investigate everything that's ever thrown out there by the Democrats, by the Republicans. We have to pick and choose," he said.

Trump would never make accusations without proof.  ::) ::) ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

What do you mean by "so-called president"?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Trump would never make accusations without proof.  ::) ::) ::)

You mean like all you liberals (from message board folks to members of Congress) accusing Trump of conspiring with the Russian government to sway the election in his favor? 

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
You mean like all you liberals (from message board folks to members of Congress) accusing Trump of conspiring with the Russian government to sway the election in his favor?  

There you go with the "conspiracy" again...it's an investigation based on information from the Intelligence Agencies.

...and I've never thought of myself as liberal.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
You mean like all you liberals

1. We know that  multiple people from his cabinet are willing to lie under oath about contact with Russian officials.

2. We know that multiple Republicans are also calling for an investigation into seedy Russian ties.

...so , no, not  like that at all.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
There you go with the "conspiracy" again...it's an investigation based on information from the Intelligence Agencies.

...and I've never thought of myself as liberal.

An investigation into whether Trump conspired with Russia to win the election is a conspiracy theory.  Not a shred of evidence. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
1. We know that  multiple people from his cabinet are willing to lie under oath about contact with Russian officials.

2. We know that multiple Republicans are also calling for an investigation into seedy Russian ties.

...so , no, not  like that at all.  ::)

Oh nos, not the "seedy Russian ties" again.  lol . . . .

Why did you call him a "so-called president"? 

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
An investigation into whether Trump conspired with Russia to win the election is a conspiracy theory.  Not a shred of evidence. 

The investigation is on Russian interference. If Trump wasn't involved he has nothing to worry about.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
The investigation is on Russian interference. If Trump wasn't involved he has nothing to worry about.

The investigation that you folks have been clamoring for is about Trump conspiring with Russia to win the election.  I know you don't want to say it, because it's pretty stupid when you actually repeat it out loud, but that's what this is about.   

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Oh nos, not the "seedy Russian ties" again.  lol . . . .

Why did you call him a "so-called president"? 

Because he's trash. A completely unqualified troll who is making a joke of the office. Before the end of the year even his die-hard fanatics won't even be able to pretend he has any integrity.

Why do you think Sessions and Flynn lied under oath about being in contact with Russia?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
The investigation that you folks have been clamoring for is about Trump conspiring with Russia to win the election.  I know you don't want to say it, because it's pretty stupid when you actually repeat it out loud, but that's what this is about.  

Trump conspiring with Russia is a possibility but it could turn out to  be something different. There is a lot of justification for thorough investigation.  If you think that possibility is stupid, that is of no concern to me, as you are someone who literally  pretends to forgets how to read when it is convenient for your argument.

And, seriously, why do you think Sessions and Flynn would deny communications with Russian officials?

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
The investigation that you folks have been clamoring for is about Trump conspiring with Russia to win the election.  I know you don't want to say it, because it's pretty stupid when you actually repeat it out loud, but that's what this is about.   

I have said on at least a few occasions that I don't think it altered the outcome.

People on Getbig message boards don't decide who or what gets investigated. For example "you folks" wanted an investigation into voter fraud. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Because he's trash. A completely unqualified troll who is making a joke of the office. Before the end of the year even his die-hard fanatics won't even be able to pretend he has any integrity.

Why do you think Sessions and Flynn lied under oath about being in contact with Russia?

Are you saying he was not legitimately elected president? 

Session did not lie. 

I don't know if Flynn lied or not (I say he probably did), but I'm glad Trump did the right thing by firing him.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I have said on at least a few occasions that I don't think it altered the outcome.

People on Getbig message boards don't decide who or what gets investigated. For example "you folks" wanted an investigation into voter fraud. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

You don't think what altered the outcome?  Trump's "seedy ties to Russia"? 

Nice straw man with the message board comment. 

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
You don't think what altered the outcome?  Trump's "seedy ties to Russia"? 

Nice straw man with the message board comment. 

If you want to play dumb, fine.

Trump acknowledges Russia role in US election hacking: aide - Reuters
Trump CIA pick Mike Pompeo agrees Russia behind U.S. election ...-Globe and Mail
Donald Trump Concedes Russia’s Interference in Election -New York Times

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Are you saying he was not legitimately elected president?  
I explained very clearly why I said "so-called". Where did I say anything about this? Textbook example of a straw  man argument.  ::)

Session did not lie.  

I don't know if Flynn lied or not (I say he probably did), but I'm glad Trump did the right thing by firing him.  

Sessions did lie, but let's pretend only Flynn did. Why do you think Flynn lied?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
If you want to play dumb, fine.

Trump acknowledges Russia role in US election hacking: aide - Reuters
Trump CIA pick Mike Pompeo agrees Russia behind U.S. election ...-Globe and Mail
Donald Trump Concedes Russia’s Interference in Election -New York Times

None of those blurbs say much of anything.  The people playing dumb are you folks who are too embarrassed to clearly spell out this whacky conspiracy theory. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I explained very clearly why I said "so-called". Where did I say anything about this? Textbook example of a straw  man argument.  ::)

Sessions did lie, but let's pretend only Flynn did. Why do you think Flynn lied?

A question is not an argument.   ::)  I was following up on your "so-called president" comment.  As I'm sure you know, a number of your cohorts have used that "so-called president" moniker to question whether Trump was legitimately elected president. 

Sessions did not lie and any reasonably intelligent person (who is not a hack), who listens to the context of the question and answer, along with the context of the questionnaire, can clearly see that. 

As I said before in response to your same question about Flynn, I have no idea why he didn't tell the truth.  What difference does it make?   

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
None of those blurbs say much of anything.  The people playing dumb are you folks who are too embarrassed to clearly spell out this whacky conspiracy theory. 

Conspiracy theories are Trump's specialty.

58 Donald Trump Conspiracy Theories (and Counting!): The Definitive Trump Conspiracy Guide

http://www.alternet.org/right-wing/58-donald-trump-conspiracy-theories-and-counting-definitive-trump-conspiracy-guide

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
A question is not an argument.   ::)  I was following up on your "so-called president" comment.  As I'm sure you know, a number of your cohorts have used that "so-called president" moniker to question whether Trump was legitimately elected president. 
Yes, a question is an argument.  Meanwhile, I answered your question and you invented a new answer that had no relation to anything I said... or any bearing on the topic of this thread. Textbook straw man argument.  ::)

Sessions did not lie and any reasonably intelligent person (who is not a hack), who listens to the context of the question and answer, along with the context of the questionnaire, can clearly see that. 
Only a hack could come to this conclusion. Why did he recuse himself from russian probes?

As I said before in response to your same question about Flynn, I have no idea why he didn't tell the truth.  What difference does it make?   

Yeah, what difference could Flynn lying about seedy ties to Russia possibly make? It's not like people from both parties are calling for investigations or anything.  ::)  Meanwhile, you spent three posts asking me why I used the phrase "so-called"... in a thread about a republican refusing to investigate the so-called president's claims of voter fraud. But you're no a hack, are you?  ::)  Funny how your ability to read others' minds seems to come and go so conveniently.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Yes, a question is an argument.  Meanwhile, I answered your question and you invented a new answer that had no relation to anything I said... or any bearing on the topic of this thread. Textbook straw man argument.  ::)
Only a hack could come to this conclusion. Why did he recuse himself from russian probes?

Yeah, what difference could Flynn lying about seedy ties to Russia possibly make? It's not like people from both parties are calling for investigations or anything.  ::)  Meanwhile, you spent three posts asking me why I used the phrase "so-called"... in a thread about a republican refusing to investigate the so-called president's claims of voter fraud. But you're no a hack, are you?  ::)  Funny how your ability to read others' minds seems to come and go so conveniently.

A question is an argument??  LOL!  Holy smokes . . . .  :-\

Spoken like a true hack.  You probably didn't even watch the clip of Sessions or read the questionnaire.  And why are you asking me a question you know the answer too? 

You sound awfully sensitive.  Nothing in your response explains why it matters that Flynn didn't tell the truth.  Who the heck cares? 

And notice how you have expressed no interest in the fact that Flynn's conversation was recorded and that someone leaked that recording to the press.  But put a "D" behind his name and you people would be all over it.   

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
A question is an argument??  LOL!  Holy smokes . . . .  :-\
::)

Spoken like a true hack.  You probably didn't even watch the clip of Sessions or read the questionnaire.
Of course I did.

And why are you asking me a question you know the answer too?  
It's almost like that question is meant to be argumentative or something.  ::)

You sound awfully sensitive.  Nothing in your response explains why it matters that Flynn didn't tell the truth.  Who the heck cares?  
Yeah, it doesn't matter that he didn't tell the truth, but you also just posted that it's a good thing he was fired for it. Um, ok.  ::)

And notice how you have expressed no interest in the fact that Flynn's conversation was recorded and that someone leaked that recording to the press.  But put a "D" behind his name and you people would be all over it.    

Except I have made at least 5 posts about this very topic in the last 24 hours.  ::)