Author Topic: How long does the numb hands last?  (Read 1837 times)

gym**rat

• Getbig V
How long does the numb hands last?
« on: April 04, 2012, 11:57:52 AM »
I have been on Thanks for @ 7 months. 2/3rds of the time I was on 5iu a day. The last 1/3rd I went to 10iu a day. I can't make a fist and the numbness goes all the way up to the elbows. Any idea how long it takes to subside?

nitomax

• Getbig II
Re: How long does the numb hands last?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 12:57:21 PM »
I'm on Thanks 7.5 IU a day and only get numb hands when I sleep. I can make fists but just feels a little tight
It's not Tennis!

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 12:59:16 PM »
I'm on Thanks 7.5 IU a day and only get numb hands when I sleep. I can make fists but just feels a little tight

It got a lot worse when I went from 5 to 10. When I was on 5 I had to be off of it for 3 weeks due to a bunch of traveling for work. The numbness I was feeling on 5 iu never lessened during those 3 weeks.

nitomax

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 01:12:30 PM »
None of it bother me. How are your results? Is only 4 weeks for me and have noticed some size increase, and BF is lower
It's not Tennis!

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 04:02:51 PM »
Very funny. I have been using GH for the past year and longer and have done 3 brands and gone up to 15 and even 20IU a day. My body was changing DAILY and I lloked better by the freakin hout but I never had this numbness many people speak of.

Yes when I sleep my hand is numb a bit but that goes away within seconds after I remove the pressure from it (turn side).

I think that the difference is the size of the carpal tunnel. Some have some more size so even when the GH increased water makes it smaller there is still enough space for the nerve in the tunnel to not feel pinched. I read about the differences in people in the size of the carpal nerve tunnel

That makes sense. I am on the computer alot during the day and I have to take a break because of numbness about every 10-15 minutes.

Glass Gorilla

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 06:26:54 PM »
I have been on Thanks for @ 7 months. 2/3rds of the time I was on 5iu a day. The last 1/3rd I went to 10iu a day. I can't make a fist and the numbness goes all the way up to the elbows. Any idea how long it takes to subside?

Jesus that's pretty extreme. Never new it was nearly THAT bad.

AlphaM

• Getbig III
  • 6'6 262
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 09:22:45 PM »
I'm on thanks for two months now 5iu/day no issues never had numb hands...
g2g

illwill

• Getbig III
  • I'm not a playa. I'm just in them guts a lot
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 09:39:09 PM »
current on week 8 of thanks - 5ius ED.  I had the numbness within the first week. I still get it while sleeping and lately during the day as well.

I'll bump it up in a few weeks to 8 or more ED for another 8-12 weeks.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 05:11:27 AM »
The people who get the numbness the worst have higher water retention and bodyfat than those who don't.

At 215-218 where I peaked, the numbness and stiffness were nearly unbearable. At 203 where I am now (with almost complete 6 pack) the numbness is mostly gone, just some stiffness left. Once I'm ripped in the 180's, there is no numbness, just weird knuckle sensation.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 05:39:39 AM »
The people who get the numbness the worst have higher water retention and bodyfat than those who don't.

At 215-218 where I peaked, the numbness and stiffness were nearly unbearable. At 203 where I am now (with almost complete 6 pack) the numbness is mostly gone, just some stiffness left. Once I'm ripped in the 180's, there is no numbness, just weird knuckle sensation.

Thank you Rearden, that is probably it. I was using it more for fat loss than anything, which I must say worked wonderfully with cardio. It was pretty unbearable the last couple weeks at 10iu. I ride a road bike 8-12 miles everyday and after a couple miles I could barely hold onto the handlebars here lately. Getting a little better now that I have been off for 4 days but still sucks ass.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 06:19:22 AM »
Thank you Rearden, that is probably it. I was using it more for fat loss than anything, which I must say worked wonderfully with cardio. It was pretty unbearable the last couple weeks at 10iu. I ride a road bike 8-12 miles everyday and after a couple miles I could barely hold onto the handlebars here lately. Getting a little better now that I have been off for 4 days but still sucks ass.

I had one of my guys come off gh for a few weeks to allow his bodyweight to drop and water to recede before going back on because his hands and arms bothered him so much.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 08:57:48 AM »
I had one of my guys come off gh for a few weeks to allow his bodyweight to drop and water to recede before going back on because his hands and arms bothered him so much.

How is he feeling after 3 weeks? It is pretty fucked up today. I am having to shake them out about every 5 minutes at the least.

illwill

• Getbig III
  • I'm not a playa. I'm just in them guts a lot
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 09:54:46 AM »

"knuckle sensation" is a way better way of putting it than "numbness" for me!  Thanks!

I crack my knuckles since 7 years old so I rather enjoy the sensation myself.