Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 230894 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: The Mature thread
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2012, 02:27:47 AM »
i like running in the rain... not sure why because i hate walking in it.... but if it's raining on one of the 2 days where i'm planning to go for a run then i'm a happy man... just me and the sound of the rain drops
Wooo you are hardcore. Well i do myself and even in snow. Once you get warmed up you do not feel the cold. Remember doing boxing training in the Army running in the snow wearing army boots. looked funny tracksuit and army boots but it really got you fit. We run through the forests and over Tank ranges and our training was hard but primitive, Wooo you would have loved it..just your style. So today i will start of my chest / back workout with back, sternum pull-ups ala Gironda. Normaly i start with chest but today i will change it for interest

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2012, 09:14:35 AM »
Tonight was very hard. I had to drop weight on my incline Db presses and drop 1 set from each ex. Instead of 4 sets i did 3...i put this down to me now eating better and cutting calories and junk food. Went for my run direct after weight training and i knew it would hurt. Half way round i just went into a state of zen, i canīt explain it i just detach my mind from the bodily pain. I got to my favourite hill on the way back...itīs sickening because it rises..and rises... i have a name for it, "Bastard". I swear i was detached from the pain. i made it. I will shower and eat now and flop on my sofa.. ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2012, 03:52:48 PM »
Tonight was very hard. I had to drop weight on my incline Db presses and drop 1 set from each ex. Instead of 4 sets i did 3...i put this down to me now eating better and cutting calories and junk food. Went for my run direct after weight training and i knew it would hurt. Half way round i just went into a state of zen, i canīt explain it i just detach my mind from the bodily pain. I got to my favourite hill on the way back...itīs sickening because it rises..and rises... i have a name for it, "Bastard". I swear i was detached from the pain. i made it. I will shower and eat now and flop on my sofa.. ;D

sounds like fun! never worry about dropping sets or weight... a long as the muscle feels exhausted then you're good to go

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2012, 06:45:03 PM »
i like drops did fdb press warmup then 3 sets,,incline db 10 reps with drop till failure ,,seated chest with pin stack,,bodyweight dips,,finish cable crossovers..
tris supersetted smith close grip with lying db extensions ,,pushdowns and seated tri dip machine normal set ,rest,partner went,,abs to finish,,,

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2012, 11:35:49 PM »
I thought about not posting today because I did not make it to the gym again. However, it seems to me one of the aspects of being mature is that there are ever more things we have to deal with which can impact our commitment to working out.

Today I drove in driving rain 40 miles to Oregon's state capitol because a corporation I chair had our monthly board meeting. As chair, I am obligated to show up for meetings. And as for the drive, other board members show up from all over the state for these board meetings, so I have no excuse for not attending.

My plan was to go directly to the gym before coming home tonight. That did not work out as planned. My sister who lives in Salem, OR has been going through some difficulty. She called me crying into my cell just as I was headed back to Portland. So I literally flipped a U and drove back  to comfort her. By the time I got home it was dinner time and I was worn out.

Sometimes I wish my life were as uncomplicated as it was when I was in my 20's. In those days, I was able to be so self-absorbed that nothing got in the way of a workout. That is not so much the case these days.

Hopefully, tomorrow's report will be more on topic.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2012, 02:15:49 AM »
I thought about not posting today because I did not make it to the gym again. However, it seems to me one of the aspects of being mature is that there are ever more things we have to deal with which can impact our commitment to working out.

Today I drove in driving rain 40 miles to Oregon's state capitol because a corporation I chair had our monthly board meeting. As chair, I am obligated to show up for meetings. And as for the drive, other board members show up from all over the state for these board meetings, so I have no excuse for not attending.

My plan was to go directly to the gym before coming home tonight. That did not work out as planned. My sister who lives in Salem, OR has been going through some difficulty. She called me crying into my cell just as I was headed back to Portland. So I literally flipped a U and drove back  to comfort her. By the time I got home it was dinner time and I was worn out.

Sometimes I wish my life were as uncomplicated as it was when I was in my 20's. In those days, I was able to be so self-absorbed that nothing got in the way of a workout. That is not so much the case these days.

Hopefully, tomorrow's report will be more on topic.

Family comes first, you are a good man Prime...a man of integrity.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2012, 02:29:09 AM »
Today i will rest...well maybe jump rope and some abs.. ;) I have a couple of arm pads for tai boxing( i just use them for punching and kicking training, as i have no where to hang a boxing bag)Gives a nice workout keeps my shoulders loose and i have to admit my chest is sore today although i did less weight and sets but i did more reps so maybe it was good for me. Any of you guys jump rope too? I have a leather rope that i have had for years.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2012, 01:30:48 PM »
Today i will rest...well maybe jump rope and some abs.. ;) I have a couple of arm pads for tai boxing( i just use them for punching and kicking training, as i have no where to hang a boxing bag)Gives a nice workout keeps my shoulders loose and i have to admit my chest is sore today although i did less weight and sets but i did more reps so maybe it was good for me. Any of you guys jump rope too? I have a leather rope that i have had for years.

I have not jumped rope in years. I should give it a try. It would afford me the opportunity to get some cardio in at home. As it stands the only home equipment I own is a treadmill and that just gets boring after awhile.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2012, 01:53:10 PM »
I have not jumped rope in years. I should give it a try. It would afford me the opportunity to get some cardio in at home. As it stands the only home equipment I own is a treadmill and that just gets boring after awhile.
I like to do it as a warm up and when i do not run. I prefer to run but it is an alternative if the weather is bad. Good thing is my calfes get a workout as i wrote before they are a weak point !

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2012, 01:55:50 PM »
play your favourite music and itīs fun.. ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2012, 01:59:22 PM »
I like to do it as a warm up and when i do not run. I prefer to run but it is an alternative if the weather is bad. Good thing is my calfes get a workout as i wrote before they are a weak point !

HIT EM HARD I POSTED A GOOD BURN ONE UP A FEW POSTS UP TRY IT DONNY,,,

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2012, 02:23:57 PM »

HIT EM HARD I POSTED A GOOD BURN ONE UP A FEW POSTS UP TRY IT DONNY,,,
I will on my leg workout thanks.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2012, 05:53:06 PM »
here are 2 contest pics 1992 and same poses kinda 2012 ,,,,

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2012, 07:42:23 PM »
here are 2 contest pics 1992 and same poses kinda 2012 ,,,,

I can see almost no difference between your then and now photos, which is a compliment.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2012, 07:46:38 PM »
intense leg workout sat,,,,leg presses ,,hack squats,,walking db lunges ...extensions,,,hams stiff legged deads supersetted with lying leg curls and calves standing calf raise superset with leg press calf extensions..

I do lunges up and down the sidewalk in front of my house. The distance is probably a little over 100 ft. We live on a hill, so lunging down the hill hits the muscles in a different way then lunging back up the hill. What I like about doing these is that the trigger for me is simply going out to get the paper or the mail. My daughter thinks it freaks the neighbors out somewhat....like I care.

Being a senior citizen, the last thing I want is a saggy ass. Lunges help to prevent this, I'm told.

As for my daily report, I got on the treadmill for a half hour today at home. I just did not feel like driving to the gym.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2012, 07:53:42 PM »
I can see almost no difference between your then and now photos, which is a compliment.
thanx prime,,,,i love training,,eating balanced diet not sticking to a 'bbing'only lifestyle,,,

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2012, 03:00:45 AM »
thanx prime,,,,i love training,,eating balanced diet not sticking to a 'bbing'only lifestyle,,,
a good attitude. always strive for a well balanced life... ;)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2012, 03:12:22 AM »
so on Saturday there is am open day at a martial arts centre in Hannover and i will go and look around. I think i will look into escrima a bit more. I like the idea of empty hand techniques and that every day objects can be used..like a pen or pencil. It is an all round system. so today i will take a few ideas from njflex and incorperate them in my leg workout today. I used to hate leg workouts like most people but i am now getting in to it more. I feel very relaxed today and very motivated...have a few things to do first and will not drive in my car but will walk and get some fresh air and the walk will get some blood flowing in my legs...ready for some squats... ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2012, 08:58:14 AM »
so on Saturday there is am open day at a martial arts centre in Hannover and i will go and look around. I think i will look into escrima a bit more. I like the idea of empty hand techniques and that every day objects can be used..like a pen or pencil. It is an all round system. so today i will take a few ideas from njflex and incorperate them in my leg workout today. I used to hate leg workouts like most people but i am now getting in to it more. I feel very relaxed today and very motivated...have a few things to do first and will not drive in my car but will walk and get some fresh air and the walk will get some blood flowing in my legs...ready for some squats... ;)
as painful,and pump you get nothing is more exciting than an intense leg workout,,no need to throw up like its lead to believe,,i've gotten queasy on high rep/curcuit supersets for legs but thats a given,,,,when u finish its like your lower body is thankful its over..

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2012, 11:36:39 AM »
as painful,and pump you get nothing is more exciting than an intense leg workout,,no need to throw up like its lead to believe,,i've gotten queasy on high rep/curcuit supersets for legs but thats a given,,,,when u finish its like your lower body is thankful its over..
well today i was a bit faint headed... my lower body was hammerd and walking down the stairs to my car i felt it...lol

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2012, 11:53:38 AM »
well today i was a bit faint headed... my lower body was hammerd and walking down the stairs to my car i felt it...lol
[/quote
NICE,,,,

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2012, 12:13:48 PM »

I thought you said you weren't driving today. Changed your mind, I guess.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2012, 12:32:53 PM »
I thought you said you weren't driving today. Changed your mind, I guess.
no my wife came home with shopping and went down to get the grocerie bags.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2012, 04:45:36 PM »
no my wife came home with shopping and went down to get the grocerie bags.

Fun....carrying groceries upstairs. Fortunately, our garage is attached and is only one step down from the rest of the house. Groceries are a snap. This is a good thing because my wife buys groceries like she plans to feed and army. Of course someone carries them to the car for her and I bring them in the house.

If I walked to the grocery store for everything I needed even if I used some kind of carrying device, I would be skinny. The nearest store is about a mile away and it is all uphill to get there. The next nearest store in down the hill and about 2 miles away. Bringing the groceries home would be a killer.

Another day and another missed opportunity to workout at the gym. I was all set to take off for the gym when my wife asked if I could help her make a pumpkin chiffon pie. The result being that I ended up making it for her. -Not a lot of work, but time consuming. Also, I spent a good part of the day going everywhere she might have been in the last couple of weeks, looking for her cane. She left it somewhere and cannot remember where. This was a special cane I bought for her. It is wooden, handmade, painted yellow with multicolored flowers all over it. I hope whoever has it now, enjoys it. Looks like my wife will be getting a new cane for Christmas. It was expensive.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2012, 06:55:03 PM »
never miss a good opportunity to make and EAT pie...