Author Topic: Why Isn't the US invading Pakistan?  (Read 3887 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Why Isn't the US invading Pakistan?
« on: July 12, 2007, 12:18:20 PM »
We have strong reason to believe that Bin Laden is in Pakistan and that Al Qaeda has regrouped there as well.

The reason, of course, is that Pakistan is a sovereign nation and we just don't go around invading sovereign nations, especially those that we know actually has WMD's

Karl Rove made this point last week at the Aspen Idea Festival and got a ironic laugh from the crowd ( I wish I could find the video)

Bush made a similar comment last year.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/09/20060915-2.html

Q Thank you, Mr. President. Earlier this week, you told a group of journalists that you thought the idea of sending special forces to Pakistan to hunt down bin Laden was a strategy that would not work.

THE PRESIDENT: Yes.

Q Now, recently you've also --

THE PRESIDENT: Because, first of all, Pakistan is a sovereign nation.

Q Well, recently you've also described bin Laden as a sort of modern day Hitler or Mussolini. And I'm wondering why, if you can explain why you think it's a bad idea to send more resources to hunt down bin Laden, wherever he is?

THE PRESIDENT: We are, Richard. Thank you. Thanks for asking the question. They were asking me about somebody's report, well, special forces here -- Pakistan -- if he is in Pakistan, as this person thought he might be, who is asking the question -- Pakistan is a sovereign nation. In order for us to send thousands of troops into a sovereign nation, we've got to be invited by the government of Pakistan.

--------------------------------------

I can't remember Iraq or Afghanistan inviting us into their sovereign nations

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Why Isn't the US invading Pakistan?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 12:22:24 PM »
going into paki would be a bigger cluster fuck than iraq is...

plus pakistan nas nukes..

saddam meraly forgot to use his  ::)
carpe` vaginum!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 12:33:15 PM »
going into paki would be a bigger cluster fuck than iraq is...

plus pakistan nas nukes..

saddam meraly forgot to use his  ::)

I totally agree but I just find the administrations "reason" hilarious

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 12:52:59 PM »
I think that we've come to the end of appeasing pakistan. I think we'll go into the tribal areas if we get good intel that Bin laden or whoever is at a given location. They'll keep it small and quiet. They will have to give Mushariff deniability so the nutbags won't overthrow him. Pakistan is a very complex issue.
L

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 12:59:51 PM »
I totally agree but I just find the administrations "reason" hilarious

me think they should send in special ops into paki and take osama out that way...

pakitan dosen't have to know..or they can then say "hey we never knew"

its a win win..
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 01:01:22 PM »
I think that we've come to the end of appeasing pakistan. I think we'll go into the tribal areas if we get good intel that Bin laden or whoever is at a given location. They'll keep it small and quiet. They will have to give Mushariff deniability so the nutbags won't overthrow him. Pakistan is a very complex issue.

there we go...kinda posted my reply before reading yours..

everytime musharafs rating drops   there  is a close miss on his life..then his ratings go back up  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 01:02:37 PM »
I think thats the point they're coming to. They had a shot in 05' to do just that but the operation got way to big and would have involved to many US troops. Plus the Paki government couldn't sucessfully deny 200-300 guys flying around the border area.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 01:03:52 PM »
They gotta watch what happens with that guy. If the nutbags ever got into power India would have a shit fit and start launching crap at them.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 01:19:17 PM »
So what if Bin Laden is in Pakistan?

Our commander and chief thinks that he's no longer a problem:

"..Terror is bigger than one person..So I don't know where [Bin Laden] is..You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. ...I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."
March 13, 2002

That's quite a turn around from this earlier quote:

"We're going to get [Bin Laden] Dead or alive, it doesn't matter to me." 12/14/2001

Then he lied about making the first statement:

"I just don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden. It's kind of one of those exaggerations."
3rd Presidential Debate, October 13, 2004

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 01:47:55 PM »
This is whats wrong..your guys or the Dems and Repubs can bicker all they want about who said what when, the point is that Bin laden is still a threat. The folks in Washington have decided that while Bin laden was marginalized for 2001-2005 or so...his organization has undergone a bit of a resurgence and despite the precarious postion Musharrif holds in Pakistan, we can no longer afford to let him roam around the tribal areas. I heard this from several folks during briefs etc in the past 6 months. We disbanded TF 19, which was a joint unit set up to hunt Bin Laden. It was made up of SOF units from the US and Britain and other organizations. I guess they coming back.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 01:52:12 PM »
This is whats wrong..your guys or the Dems and Repubs can bicker all they want about who said what when, the point is that Bin laden is still a threat. The folks in Washington have decided that while Bin laden was marginalized for 2001-2005 or so...his organization has undergone a bit of a resurgence and despite the precarious postion Musharrif holds in Pakistan, we can no longer afford to let him roam around the tribal areas. I heard this from several folks during briefs etc in the past 6 months. We disbanded TF 19, which was a joint unit set up to hunt Bin Laden. It was made up of SOF units from the US and Britain and other organizations. I guess they coming back.

so if kept our eye on the target and not saddam we'd probably have OBL now.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 01:57:57 PM »
Yeah i think so....
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 02:01:22 PM »
I think pakistan will become an issue during the election. Especially if it looks like the Dems can make a case for the war in Iraq distracting or undermining efforts to get Bin laden.They are not our friend. The amount of nutbags coming out of there is astonishing. They have refugee afghanis, Taliban and all kinds of wacko's training in thjose tribal areas that the governmnet can't touch. We're going to have to go in and get them.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 02:06:50 PM »
I know what you mean, but by the same token Bush sets the tone for the country.  He keeps saying stupid shit.  Don't blame be for his incompetence.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 02:08:49 PM »
I think pakistan will become an issue during the election. Especially if it looks like the Dems can make a case for the war in Iraq distracting or undermining efforts to get Bin laden.They are not our friend. The amount of nutbags coming out of there is astonishing. They have refugee afghanis, Taliban and all kinds of wacko's training in thjose tribal areas that the governmnet can't touch. We're going to have to go in and get them.

It's time Pakistan sacks up and goes back into those tribal regions. Al Qaeda has free reign to do whatever they want in there right now, which is laughable. I'm willing to bet that at least 75% of the high command is hiding in there, too.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 02:12:17 PM »
The government can't go in there. The troops won't go in. He can turn a blind eye to us rolling in with SOF and getting the job done.
L

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 02:14:10 PM »
The government can't go in there. The troops won't go in. He can turn a blind eye to us rolling in with SOF and getting the job done.

They can't go into there because of a useless agreement they signed with rules that the tribes have been breaking since the day they signed it. It's pretty much void. They won't go in there because Mush is a pussy. I wouldn't be surprised if there were already a few SF squads lurking in there anyway.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 02:21:51 PM »
Yeah there are...plenty but they don't venture to far. Bin laden is buried pretty deep. The country up there is extremely rough. You'd be a pussy to if your were hanging on by a string.
L

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 05:37:42 PM »
i'm going in december for a wedding..

wanna go?

karachi?

lol we'll be surrounded by guards..head of anti terrorism task force in karrachi is a distant uncle  :)

i'm just goin to trek the himilyas..most of my ftriends dont wanna go..i just wanna have someone i can speak english to  >:(

carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 05:39:33 PM »
It's time Pakistan sacks up and goes back into those tribal regions. Al Qaeda has free reign to do whatever they want in there right now, which is laughable. I'm willing to bet that at least 75% of the high command is hiding in there, too.

shut the fuck up horse face..

like ya got credence..DONT ,MAKE ME CALL YOUR HOME AND ASK YOUR MUM TO SUCK MY COCK AGAIN..man o man that ws fun  ;D

anyhow..you have ABSOLUTELY NO CREDENCE IN THIS TOPIC..

if a gun shot went off near ya the likes ya would shit himself..
carpe` vaginum!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 05:40:55 PM »
just don't talk funny or wear a silly hat
xL

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 05:41:58 PM »
n oh horse face..why dontcha come to karachi with me... ;)

i could make up to 20k selling yer ass to an afghani male girl house..

they'll cut off yere tougue though..and cut off yer legs..then u can be a cumcatcher for horney virgin afghan teens that want a woman but cant have one..for life  :)
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007, 05:43:05 PM »
just don't talk funny or wear a silly hat
xL

december..you me..beer ..ok?
carpe` vaginum!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 05:47:00 PM »
december..you me..beer ..ok?

Perhaps if you really think you're getting to Pakistan from the US for a fucking wedding (you'd better have a better excuse, the last lot said that), it might be a good idea to go via London OR TOKYO OR TORONTO.  CU

love from white mess in England xL

they will have banned beer here by December.

OH I CAN'T FIND THAT WONDERFUL PIC OF SHANGRI LA

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2007, 05:54:38 PM »

if a gun shot went off near ya the likes ya would shit himself..
[/quote]

And the likes of the rest of you would still be without a passport and unable to fit on an airplane

(sorry, I don't dislike americans, i'm one of them.  I dislike the politics and the antisocial behaviour..

Love ya, mean it
Lunch?
Linda
xxx