Author Topic: For those who work or have worked in the supplement industry...  (Read 7742 times)

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
Now that I no longer work in the supplement industry, I figure I might as well help a few people out regarding ways to save money, avoid garbage, barter on price, etc., etc.

I think those that work in the industry should have a thread where we give people advice with an inside perspective.  How to avoid scams, what to listen to and what it really means from a salesperson, budgeting, etc.  A lot of you post incognito on here and have nothing to lose by giving up a few insider tips.  I have absolutely nothing to lose. 

Before any of you start with the "supplements don't work" garbage, along with other juvenile BS, if you don't care about supplements or don't believe in them then just don't post in the thread or even read it.  It's pretty simple.  I'd like for this to be a serious thread where some of us can help others out a little bit in saving them money and preventing them from being scammed.

You all wouldn't believe how much useless information I've aquired regarding supplements.  Moreso than that, though, working in that industry for a long time enables one to see ways to work around the system to really save a LOT of money on product.

Anyways, anyone who is on board feel free to chime in.  Like I said, this is meant to be a serious thread and hopefully a helpful one to some.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: For those who work or have worked in the supplement industry...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 09:12:47 PM »
Supplements are garbage!

;D

Stick to creatine, Protein and you'll be ifne.
HAHA, RON.....

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 09:17:10 PM »
Are some supplements spiked with real steroids?  I know the industry's regulatory agency...well...doesn't exist.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 09:17:52 PM »
Free supplements rule.  

Gaspari (Sizeon) and Betencourt (awesome awesome creatine) have won my hearts by giving gifts.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 09:19:34 PM »
Will ANYTHING make my dick bigger?  :-\
HAHA, RON.....

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 09:25:58 PM »

ok it's cool............ do you have any infos for us........ you started this thread
are you delusional?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 09:35:02 PM »
Lose the gut, fatso :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 10:01:53 PM »
Before any of you start with the "supplements don't work" garbage, along with other juvenile BS, if you don't care about supplements or don't believe in them then just don't post in the thread or even read it.  It's pretty simple.  I'd like for this to be a serious thread where some of us can help others out a little bit in saving them money and preventing them from being scammed.

I'm glad you feel that way.  I too would like to prevent people from being scammed. Nearly ALL supplements are scams...  it's really only a matter of degree.  So if you don't want to be scammed, it's pretty simple...  don't use supplements.  All you need is a good diet anyway.

Hope this helps.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 10:12:34 PM »
Free supplements rule. 

Gaspari (Sizeon) and Betencourt (awesome awesome creatine) have won my hearts by giving gifts.

I like Gaspari Nutrition's products too.  I had e-mailed them about a dozen times asking if I could work with them.  I asked if they could give me supplements for review.  Later I said I would even absorb 100% of their shipping and production costs and being a top affiliate with bodybuilding.com I knew I could help them increase sales.  Given that I was offering to absorb their costs and increase their sales, I don't see how they could refuse to work with me.  It was win-win.

No response.

Gaspari Nutrition has top quality products and I will be starting with SIZEON and SuperPump250 officially tomorrow.  I started last week for two days but quit because it was a busy week.  I did get pimples which I NEVER get - EVER - and know it was due directly to SIZEON because I have only gotten pimples twice since I was 18 and both while using SIZEON.

Big thanks to BODYBUILDING.COM for giving me the Gaspari products for review when Gaspari Nutrition failed me.  I am frankly kind of pissed off at the whole ordeal.  I went out of my way trying to promote a company I liked and no response for my efforts.  I have someone you want to have on the team.  I felt like having a meltdown similar to this one:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=107421.0

Then I realized...The GN customer service reps are probably just too busy to deal with me.  For example, another rep from Gaspari even contacted ME initially asking if I would like a box or two of shaker bottles to give to my website visitors.  I responded saying I was definitely interested and got no response lol.  Obviously they get a lot of e-mails and have a hard time responding to everyone.

Based on my results I think SIZEON is one of the best mass builders in the world - hormonal or not.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 10:44:58 PM »
I'll be chiming in with an extensive list of ways to save money later today.  I have a job interview at 9.  Have to hit the sack.  Just wanted to get some initial interest sparked and to see how many "know it alls" would chime in with the snide comments I knew would come.

Prof Moriarty

• Getbig II
  • The greatest evil genius of them all
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 10:48:22 PM »
Now that I no longer work in the supplement industry, I figure I might as well help a few people out regarding ways to save money, avoid garbage, barter on price, etc., etc.

I think those that work in the industry should have a thread where we give people advice with an inside perspective.  How to avoid scams, what to listen to and what it really means from a salesperson, budgeting, etc.  A lot of you post incognito on here and have nothing to lose by giving up a few insider tips.  I have absolutely nothing to lose. 

You all wouldn't believe how much useless information I've aquired regarding supplements.  Moreso than that, though, working in that industry for a long time enables one to see ways to work around the system to really save a LOT of money on product.

Anyways, anyone who is on board feel free to chime in.  Like I said, this is meant to be a serious thread and hopefully a helpful one to some.

I've seen your pic and not to flame, but the only "supplement" you've taken is sperm in the butt.

Alex23

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 11:29:46 PM »
I'll be chiming in with an extensive list of ways to save money later today.  I have a job interview at 9.  Have to hit the sack.  Just wanted to get some initial interest sparked and to see how many "know it alls" would chime in with the snide comments I knew would come.

Dan, what happened with Nature's Bounty ?

Just got tired of it or... ?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 12:21:24 AM »
Don't say Weider supps are bad.  Chic will be on here for sure.  Just say they are the best cause Weider cares and would never put things on the market unless they work even better than he says.

Prof Moriarty

• Getbig II
  • The greatest evil genius of them all
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 12:55:19 AM »
Those wacky Akers brothers ::)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 01:12:40 AM »
Whether a supplement work or not doesnt really matter. Placebo rules.

Also it's important to support the industry by buying supplements. Otherwise the PROs wont get paid.

And another thing, buy putting in a lot of money into companies they can use this money to research so in the future they might discover supplements that actually DO make a difference.

So buy more supplements, not less.

And to all people who says dont buy supplements? FUCK THEM HATERS.

Z

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 06:54:46 AM »
Those wacky Akers brothers ::)

Hiding while talking crap to someone you know off these boards is, well...everyone here can see it for themselves.  You're obviously very immature from reading your other posts as "Joey Tito" on here.  You sound like a 16-year old talking crap in your posts.  I hope to God you're not in your upper-20's or 30's. 

Take a long look in the mirror...you may not like what you see.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 07:08:17 AM »
If something will alter your hormone profile enough to make 'serious gains', it's illegal or by prescription only.
If it won't, then it's just nutrition, and the only upside is convenience (like protein powder).  Not hatin', convenience is nice, but I've never found any magical supp, creatine included.  Haven't used too many tho, so hopefully this thread will bear some fruit.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 07:11:59 AM »
Have you guys tried Garbage? Newest supplement on the market. Good stuff. http://www.planetarynutrition.com/Garbage_Performance_Drink_p/gbg1.htm

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 10:58:59 AM »
I like Gaspari Nutrition's products too.  I had e-mailed them about a dozen times asking if I could work with them.  I asked if they could give me supplements for review.  Later I said I would even absorb 100% of their shipping and production costs and being a top affiliate with bodybuilding.com I knew I could help them increase sales.  Given that I was offering to absorb their costs and increase their sales, I don't see how they could refuse to work with me.  It was win-win.

No response.

Gaspari Nutrition has top quality products and I will be starting with SIZEON and SuperPump250 officially tomorrow.  I started last week for two days but quit because it was a busy week.  I did get pimples which I NEVER get - EVER - and know it was due directly to SIZEON because I have only gotten pimples twice since I was 18 and both while using SIZEON.

Big thanks to BODYBUILDING.COM for giving me the Gaspari products for review when Gaspari Nutrition failed me.  I am frankly kind of pissed off at the whole ordeal.  I went out of my way trying to promote a company I liked and no response for my efforts.  I have someone you want to have on the team.  I felt like having a meltdown similar to this one:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=107421.0

Then I realized...The GN customer service reps are probably just too busy to deal with me.  For example, another rep from Gaspari even contacted ME initially asking if I would like a box or two of shaker bottles to give to my website visitors.  I responded saying I was definitely interested and got no response lol.  Obviously they get a lot of e-mails and have a hard time responding to everyone.

Based on my results I think SIZEON is one of the best mass builders in the world - hormonal or not.
One of the first rules you learn when dealing with companies (ANY kind) it to use your phone and call them.
Emails aren't bad for second or third contact, but usually you'll have to follow up by phone too.
$

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 12:49:21 PM »
I'm glad you feel that way.  I too would like to prevent people from being scammed. Nearly ALL supplements are scams...  it's really only a matter of degree.  So if you don't want to be scammed, it's pretty simple...  don't use supplements.  All you need is a good diet anyway.

Hope this helps.

No...thats bullshit man

I've read the advertisements in the Flex magazines & w/o BSN....Ronnie Coleman wouldn't be the champ he is today

Jeriko

• Getbig II
  • Do you want to win the war on terror? Yes or No?
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 01:00:02 PM »

shave that fro around it  ;)

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 01:31:08 PM »

Is this a joke?  Is BB.com paying you to say this? 

"hormonal or not"  So you're including hormones.  It's better than hormones?

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 01:40:32 PM »
Obecalp is one of the best supplements out there. It teaches you that the strongest muscle in your body is your mind!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 04:15:10 PM »
Hiding while talking crap to someone you know off these boards is, well...everyone here can see it for themselves.  You're obviously very immature from reading your other posts as "Joey Tito" on here.  You sound like a 16-year old talking crap in your posts.  I hope to God you're not in your upper-20's or 30's. 

Take a long look in the mirror...you may not like what you see.

hahah egocrushedcuzyourtoosmal l, The Professor is not Joey Tits. You shouldn't hand out advice, you're puny and your opinion holds no value.

Hope this helps 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2007, 04:26:26 PM »
I had a protein drink last summer and it gave me a prostate infection  :-\