Author Topic: 2009 Arnold - Predictions by Ron Avidan  (Read 7032 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
2009 Arnold - Predictions by Ron Avidan
« on: February 21, 2009, 10:55:29 AM »
The 2009 Arnold Classic Predictions, by Ron Avidan

Rain, snow or shine, on March 6th, we will be heading to the 2009 IFBB Arnold Classic in downtown Columbus, Ohio.   And as we do every year, many of us like to predict on how will win and who may not be the best at the contest.  Of course this is just for fun, because in reality, none of us know how one is going to look in stage that day, but via rumors, reports and talk from follow competitors, fans and training and diet partners, the hype has begun. So who do I think will place well at the 2009 Arnold Classic. Here it goes, based on the 13 athletes that should be there.

1 – Victor Martinez.  Yes, a knee injury sidelined Victor from competing in the 2008 Mr. Olympia, in which many thought, if he had been healthy, could have been the new king. Instead, Victor now has some doubts from his fans, and others around the globe, on whether Victor will be ready when he gets on that state. Yes, he upper body should look fantastic, but will his legs match his incredible physique??? I think it will, and at the end, Victor will be crowned in first place.

2 – Branch Warren.  What? The man from Texas in second place? No way? Well, once again, we have a competitor who was injured going into the 2008 Mr. Olympia, and is very hungry on proving that he is on top of the bodybuilding world. Branch has been training very hard in Texas, and judging by fellow reports out there, he is ready to go, and will look his best at the Arnold. Branch should surprise the rest of the top competitors.

3 – Toney Freeman.  I didn’t predict Toney would do well at the 2008 Mr. Olympia, and boy was I wrong. And Tony let me know it too! Toney backstage before he even went on at prejudging blasted me and said ‘I will prove you wrong’. And he did.  But this is a new year, and it looks like Toney could of perfected his style and his physique in terms on final preparation. Toney will look good, and will impress all of us again.

4 – Kai Greene.  Kai  Greene was third last year at this contest, but also was injured soon afterwards. Kai is looking good now, and he may have a chance to be in the top two. However, reports of Kai being 292 pounds has worried some that he may not be able to shed all that weight and look 100% great for the Arnold in time.  Thus, I am putting Kai in 4th place.

5 – Silvio Samuel. Silvio let me know it big time when I chose him in second place in my predictions for the 2009 IFBB Ironman Pro. Said how can I not predict him in first at that show. At the time, Moe El Moussawi looked great, but in the last few days, faltered in his preparations, in which Silvio handily won the 2009 Ironman.  But the 2009 Arnold Classic is a much tougher competitor field. The top four above Silvio did not compete in the Ironman, and rumors are they will look great. Have we seen the best of Silvio at the Ironman? Or will Silvio step it up a little more and beat my prediction of 5th place.

6 -  Dennis James.  Two shows last year, the Tampa and the Europa, Dennis James came in second place, with Toney Freeman beating him. Dennis was not happy with those results, because Dennis looked real good.  At the Olympia, Dennis was one spot behind Silvio, which means that Dennis is going to have to look spectacular in order to move up from 6th place here.  Go Dennis Go!

7 – Moe El Moussawi.  We had such high predictions for Moe for the 2009 Ironman, but Moe just wasn’t 100% there.  In terms of getting ready, Moe gained 10+ pounds, but lost some of his shredded look.  Moe has beat Silvio in the past, and if Moe can come back to his shredded look, and take his time in getting ready in the final days of the show, he may surprise us all, and place higher here. And if he doesn’t, then Ronny Rockel, Gustavo Badell and Johnnie Jackson just may pass him up.

8 – Ronny Rockel.  Surprised us all at the 2009 Ironman, which many saying that he should of placed second there above Moe El Moussawi.  So Ronny has something to prove, coming into the Arnold with a motivation to show others that he is better and will be more shredded at this show.

9 – Gutavo Badell. Gustavo was supposed to compete in the Ironman, but dropped out, due to family obligations.  But with Gustavo, you never know how good or bad he will look on stage.  I hope he looks good, and comes back to the overall shape he was at one time, but this year may be difficult. We will see.

10 – Johnnie Jackson.   Johnnie entered into the 2009 Ironman at the last possible minute, and looked much worse than any of us predicted we will be.  Johnnie could and should of looked much better than what he did, and I know he will improve coming into the Arnold Classic. The question is, with this tough lineup, can he do better than 10th place.

11 – Ahmad Haider.  At the 2009 Ironman, Ahmad qualified for the Mr. Olympia by placing 5th. He looked good, but I am not sure how much more can Ahmad improve, giving his fellow competitors an edge. I may be wrong, but Ahmad by just place out of the top 10 here in Columbus.

12 – Marcus Haley.   A tough lineup here, and his will be good experience for Marcus. Whereas Marcus will not crack the top 10, he does have a change to prove he is the best poser, with only perhaps Kai Greene, and maybe Toney Freeman challenging him for that. Have fun Marcus, the Arnold is one great contest.

13 - Sergey Shelestov. Wow – not sure why Sergey even wants to compete in this tough lineup, with almost no chance of not placing last, no matter how many people are in the lineup.  A very interesting choice to be invited for the Arnold.  Enjoy the show, and come in shape please!

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
Re: 2009 Arnold Classic Predictions, by Ron Avidan
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 11:00:36 AM »
Looks pretty good, but you know Rockel will come in looking great and end up in 172nd place >:(

No way would they put him in front of Gustavo.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:20:53 AM »
The 2009 Arnold Classic Predictions, by Ron Avidan

Rain, snow or shine, on March 6th, we will be heading to the 2009 IFBB Arnold Classic in downtown Columbus, Ohio.   And as we do every year, many of us like to predict on how will win and who may not be the best at the contest.  Of course this is just for fun, because in reality, none of us know how one is going to look in stage that day, but via rumors, reports and talk from follow competitors, fans and training and diet partners, the hype has begun. So who do I think will place well at the 2009 Arnold Classic. Here it goes, based on the 13 athletes that should be there.

1 – Victor Martinez.  Yes, a knee injury sidelined Victor from competing in the 2008 Mr. Olympia, in which many thought, if he had been healthy, could have been the new king. Instead, Victor now has some doubts from his fans, and others around the globe, on whether Victor will be ready when he gets on that state. Yes, he upper body should look fantastic, but will his legs match his incredible physique??? I think it will, and at the end, Victor will be crowned in first place.

2 – Branch Warren.  What? The man from Texas in second place? No way? Well, once again, we have a competitor who was injured going into the 2008 Mr. Olympia, and is very hungry on proving that he is on top of the bodybuilding world. Branch has been training very hard in Texas, and judging by fellow reports out there, he is ready to go, and will look his best at the Arnold. Branch should surprise the rest of the top competitors.

3 – Toney Freeman.  I didn’t predict Toney would do well at the 2008 Mr. Olympia, and boy was I wrong. And Tony let me know it too! Toney backstage before he even went on at prejudging blasted me and said ‘I will prove you wrong’. And he did.  But this is a new year, and it looks like Toney could of perfected his style and his physique in terms on final preparation. Toney will look good, and will impress all of us again.

4 – Kai Greene.  Kai  Greene was third last year at this contest, but also was injured soon afterwards. Kai is looking good now, and he may have a chance to be in the top two. However, reports of Kai being 292 pounds has worried some that he may not be able to shed all that weight and look 100% great for the Arnold in time.  Thus, I am putting Kai in 4th place.

5 – Silvio Samuel. Silvio let me know it big time when I chose him in second place in my predictions for the 2009 IFBB Ironman Pro. Said how can I not predict him in first at that show. At the time, Moe El Moussawi looked great, but in the last few days, faltered in his preparations, in which Silvio handily won the 2009 Ironman.  But the 2009 Arnold Classic is a much tougher competitor field. The top four above Silvio did not compete in the Ironman, and rumors are they will look great. Have we seen the best of Silvio at the Ironman? Or will Silvio step it up a little more and beat my prediction of 5th place.

6 -  Dennis James.  Two shows last year, the Tampa and the Europa, Dennis James came in second place, with Toney Freeman beating him. Dennis was not happy with those results, because Dennis looked real good.  At the Olympia, Dennis was one spot behind Silvio, which means that Dennis is going to have to look spectacular in order to move up from 6th place here.  Go Dennis Go!

7 – Moe El Moussawi.  We had such high predictions for Moe for the 2009 Ironman, but Moe just wasn’t 100% there.  In terms of getting ready, Moe gained 10+ pounds, but lost some of his shredded look.  Moe has beat Silvio in the past, and if Moe can come back to his shredded look, and take his time in getting ready in the final days of the show, he may surprise us all, and place higher here. And if he doesn’t, then Ronny Rockel, Gustavo Badell and Johnnie Jackson just may pass him up.

8 – Ronny Rockel.  Surprised us all at the 2009 Ironman, which many saying that he should of placed second there above Moe El Moussawi.  So Ronny has something to prove, coming into the Arnold with a motivation to show others that he is better and will be more shredded at this show.

9 – Gutavo Badell. Gustavo was supposed to compete in the Ironman, but dropped out, due to family obligations.  But with Gustavo, you never know how good or bad he will look on stage.  I hope he looks good, and comes back to the overall shape he was at one time, but this year may be difficult. We will see.

10 – Johnnie Jackson.   Johnnie entered into the 2009 Ironman at the last possible minute, and looked much worse than any of us predicted we will be.  Johnnie could and should of looked much better than what he did, and I know he will improve coming into the Arnold Classic. The question is, with this tough lineup, can he do better than 10th place.

11 – Ahmad Haider.  At the 2009 Ironman, Ahmad qualified for the Mr. Olympia by placing 5th. He looked good, but I am not sure how much more can Ahmad improve, giving his fellow competitors an edge. I may be wrong, but Ahmad by just place out of the top 10 here in Columbus.

12 – Marcus Haley.   A tough lineup here, and his will be good experience for Marcus. Whereas Marcus will not crack the top 10, he does have a change to prove he is the best poser, with only perhaps Kai Greene, and maybe Toney Freeman challenging him for that. Have fun Marcus, the Arnold is one great contest.

13 - Sergey Shelestov. Wow – not sure why Sergey even wants to compete in this tough lineup, with almost no chance of not placing last, no matter how many people are in the lineup.  A very interesting choice to be invited for the Arnold.  Enjoy the show, and come in shape please!

Ron does the promise of the top 3 on this list kissing your ass at the expo make up for the fact that 4th-13th will mean mug your ass every time you see them for the next year?  Alot of things to consider here...   ;D   

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 12:18:30 PM »
Kai cant be in 100% is dissapointing. :(

Viva the team grapefruit raperrrrrrrr! 8)

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 12:20:26 PM »
Is that Blood DP gonna be there throwing gang signs up again?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 12:21:36 PM »
Toney first, Victor second and Kai third.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 12:23:18 PM »
Toney first, Victor second and Kai third.
This doesnt look like your comment.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 12:24:03 PM »
This doesnt look like your comment.
why not?

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 12:24:18 PM »

Did ron harris write this for you?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 12:26:38 PM »
I would say Vic, Kai, Toney top 3

Kai should be 100% as seen in his videos, he works pretty hard

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 12:27:06 PM »
why not?
Because, you worship mass monster like me.
And I thought you dont like skinny arms Toney.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 09:37:50 PM »
Did ron harris write this for you?

Unlike others who like ghost writers, I write my own crappy way full of grammer mistakes!

Ron does the promise of the top 3 on this list kissing your ass at the expo make up for the fact that 4th-13th will mean mug your ass every time you see them for the next year?  Alot of things to consider here

Yes, when you make predictions, you always get the competitor and his fans who just dont like what you write. Such is life.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 09:40:16 PM »
if you have 1,2,3,4,6 right..... i dont see silvio being there... he just wouldnt fit... a bunch of MONSTERS with silvio in the middle? naw

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 09:43:38 PM »
1 – Kai Greene. 
2 – Toney Freeman.
3 –  Victor Martinez.
4 – Branch Warren. 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 11:32:40 PM »
Ron, you're so wrong it's not funny.  Stick to taking pictures >:(

Branch in second place... lol

Team Kai

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 02:11:18 AM »
I would pretty much agree with that list except I would swap round Toney and Branch.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 02:20:31 AM »
Ron, you're so wrong it's not funny.  Stick to taking pictures >:(

Branch in second place... lol

Team Kai
I hear that........he`ll be lucky to get 6th. place IMO.

I`ll also put Haider above JOJ and Badel.

Silvio top 3,and DJ in the top 5 easily if in condition.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 02:21:32 AM »
maybe ron believes in branch?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 02:31:46 AM »
Maybe Ron beleives in "The Easter Bunny" also !!  :)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 02:47:06 AM »
However, I believe Rons prediction if Our grapefruitrapist is not 100%.

I want to see the battle between big guys like Kai, Victor and Branch.

No more skinny arms like Toney and small amateur size of Silvio.

alnassak

• Getbig IV
  • مـشـتـآق لـك مـوت يـآلـي طـول غـيـآبـك
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 03:50:54 AM »
1st Victor: - they will give to Victor for sure even if his legs are not 100% back in size!! (remember this)

2nd Toney: - I think he will be in great condition but no way they will give it to him since Vic is there.

3rd Kai: - He will come with more mass than before but not as conditioned as he is known for.

4th: Silvio: - if Kai’s condition is way off ,they may swap their places !!

5th Dennis James: - He will look great but they will not him higher  than 5th !!

6th Moe:  Moe will most probable drop some weight and show his great condition once again.

**Branch is done for me even if they place him among the top 5 !!
Corvette Lover

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 11:02:17 PM »

I stand by my predictions... it will be interesting.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 11:04:16 PM »
I stand by my predictions... it will be interesting.

You're a good guy Ron.

Dimic

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: 2009 Arnold - Predictions by Ron Avidan
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 01:05:51 AM »
2009 Arnold -  Sergey Shelestov 1 weeks out