Author Topic: So with Cain's campaign most likely done, is it now Romney vs Paul?  (Read 4501 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: So with Cain's campaign most likely done, is it now Romney vs Paul?
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 09:26:41 AM »
RPaul will stop the spending and global handouts and 'we need 1000 military base' mentality of the USA.

that alone is bigger than any of the other little distraction issues.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 09:52:22 AM »
RPaul will stop the spending and global handouts and 'we need 1000 military base' mentality of the USA.

that alone is bigger than any of the other little distraction issues.

::)  ::)  ::)

so say the clown who supported Obama's lybia adventure, obamas increase in Afghanistan, the stim bill, etc.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 10:07:04 AM »
::)  ::)  ::)

so say the clown who supported Obama's lybia adventure, obamas increase in Afghanistan, the stim bill, etc.   

youre attacking me - not what i said. 

I support ron paul and you're doing everything possible to demostrate all repubs are thick headed pricks.  people will vote obama just to spite your rude ass :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »
youre attacking me - not what i said. 

I support ron paul and you're doing everything possible to demostrate all repubs are thick headed pricks.  people will vote obama just to spite your rude ass :)

I could care less, you are full of shit.   Just be honest that you are in the tank for obama and everything he does. 

If you are embarassed at what a tagic error you made supporting his shit from 2007 -2010, than say so, but dont play all cutsie like you are some libertarian RP supporter, since you are not! 

You disagree with almost every major thing he is about as demonstrated by your last 4 years of supporting obama's policies that are the direct opposite of that.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 10:15:29 AM »
i think all getbiggers know - despite my flaws and emotion and inconsistency - that i've been in the tank for Ron Paul for about 5 years now.

Rmember the stink I made in 2008 when Hannity got all hatin' on Ron Paul at the debates?

How I vehemently attacked msnbc for trying to smear Rand Paul as a racist?

Look, i'm an obnoxious prick here a lot, no denying that, but for peete's sake, i've been 100% behind ron paul since minute 1.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 10:23:03 AM »
Cain is being criticized for not knowing about Chinese nukes, and it's justified, but Ron Paul is a complete RUBE in the foreign policy/military arena. BY FAR his biggest weakness.....this whole "bring em home and close all the bases, gut the military, blah, blah, blah" just does not cut it in the world we live in.  I'm not saying there aren't plenty of cuts to be made to the military, but they ALL should be in the contractors side.  Just ignoring a growing problem in a foreign country until it hits our shores is childish, ignorant and self-defeating.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 10:30:59 AM »
Cain is being criticized for not knowing about Chinese nukes, and it's justified, but Ron Paul is a complete RUBE in the foreign policy/military arena. BY FAR his biggest weakness.....this whole "bring em home and close all the bases, gut the military, blah, blah, blah" just does not cut it in the world we live in.

Says who?

You, because you've been trained to think that way?  How do the other 195 countries of the world survive without 1000 military bases?

And really - was Saddam a threat to america?  In power three decades and never attacked us - but the minute he drops the bucks, we have him hiding in a spider hole?
Kadaffi - did attack us 2 decades ago, fell under US thumb, then was safe until he decided to start that gold currency thing.

Do we need 1000 military bases?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 11:09:54 AM »
The point you clearly missed is that BOTH are flimsy excuses to dismiss someone as being an office holder.

If we DQed somebody for not knowing about certain items, there'd be NO PRESIDENT (from either party).

Certain items?  Am I reading this correctly?  It's like being in the fucking twilight zone.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2011, 11:27:14 AM »
Certain items?  Am I reading this correctly?  It's like being in the fucking twilight zone.

the #1 threat to the USA in the world - whether or not they have nuclear leverage -

IMO, that's kinda a 'certain item' that's important.

he bragged about studying foreign policy for 'several MONTHS'. 

To me, that's not enough.  Get a newt or RPaul up there - with DECADES of experience in the foreign arena. 

Cain's biggest flaw is that he think he's awesome.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2011, 12:09:58 PM »
the #1 threat to the USA in the world - whether or not they have nuclear leverage -

IMO, that's kinda a 'certain item' that's important.

he bragged about studying foreign policy for 'several MONTHS'.  

To me, that's not enough.  Get a newt or RPaul up there - with DECADES of experience in the foreign arena.  

Cain's biggest flaw is that he think he's awesome.

You know, this is a very profound observation.  I don't quite know how to put it any better than what you did, but there's something very important being said here.  It has to do with ignorance being justified by ego, like we saw in the Couric-Palin interview.

God bless these people, but I wish they'd stay the fuck out of our politics.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2011, 01:31:54 PM »
i think all getbiggers know - despite my flaws and emotion and inconsistency - that i've been in the tank for Ron Paul for about 5 years now.

I didn't know that.  I thought you were a Hillary guy, but Obama is your "make do" guy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2011, 01:40:23 PM »
Cain is being criticized for not knowing about Chinese nukes, and it's justified, but Ron Paul is a complete RUBE in the foreign policy/military arena. BY FAR his biggest weakness.....this whole "bring em home and close all the bases, gut the military, blah, blah, blah" just does not cut it in the world we live in.  I'm not saying there aren't plenty of cuts to be made to the military, but they ALL should be in the contractors side.  Just ignoring a growing problem in a foreign country until it hits our shores is childish, ignorant and self-defeating.

Agree.  Good points.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2011, 07:22:38 PM »

Exactly, but simply because of some WEAK allegations against him, Cain is supposed to get scrapped and now 240 (heretofore a card-carrying TK member) now sings the praises of Ron Paul

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2011, 07:24:13 PM »

Exactly, but simply because of some WEAK allegations against him, Cain is supposed to get scrapped and now 240 (heretofore a card-carrying TK member) now sings the praises of Ron Paul

I've been kneepadding Rpaul for 6 years.  every getbigger here has seen that.  i freaked out in 2007 when hannity tanked RP's campaign.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2011, 07:25:58 PM »
I've been kneepadding Rpaul for 6 years.  every getbigger here has seen that.  i freaked out in 2007 when hannity tanked RP's campaign.

BULLSHIT!!!!! 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »
BULLSHIT!!!!! 

you have a shitty memory.  you drink too much, or something :)   Seriously, i've talked for years about how Rpaul voters would come from both the obama and repub base.  I posted all sorts of "Ron paul won the debate!" things and argued with beach bum a ton about it.

fuck it... i have an awesome memory and you do not.  let's leave it at that.  your brain tells you that palin is an awesome presidential candidate, cain didn't lie, and investigating FF woudl collapse america.  My brain says obama, bush, and the next guy are all crooks, and rpaul is the only dude that would really change a thing.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2011, 07:31:43 PM »
you have a shitty memory.  you drink too much, or something :)   Seriously, i've talked for years about how Rpaul voters would come from both the obama and repub base.  I posted all sorts of "Ron paul won the debate!" things and argued with beach bum a ton about it.

fuck it... i have an awesome memory and you do not.  let's leave it at that.  your brain tells you that palin is an awesome presidential candidate, cain didn't lie, and investigating FF woudl collapse america.  My brain says obama, bush, and the next guy are all crooks, and rpaul is the only dude that would really change a thing.

BULLSHIT!!!    You disagree with EVERTYTHING RP stands for. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2011, 07:36:07 PM »
BULLSHIT!!!    You disagree with EVERTYTHING RP stands for. 

hugo, oz... speak on this, please.   

240 has been praising ron paul and hating on sean hannity sinking his 2008 chances, for the last 5 years.

True or false?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2011, 07:36:36 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2011, 07:35:12 AM »
Says who?

You, because you've been trained to think that way?  How do the other 195 countries of the world survive without 1000 military bases?

And really - was Saddam a threat to america?  In power three decades and never attacked us - but the minute he drops the bucks, we have him hiding in a spider hole?
Kadaffi - did attack us 2 decades ago, fell under US thumb, then was safe until he decided to start that gold currency thing.

Do we need 1000 military bases?

You don't get it.  The US relies heavily on foreign interests, probably more so than any other nation.  Our economy has thrived on it for decades.  To pull back in would mean a huge hit to the standard of living for the avg citizen.  Can you deal with that?  Not many could, just look at the retards in the OWS movement as a prime example. 

Not to mention the ability of terrorist organizations, rogue foreien govts, etc... to go completly unchecked.  And the very reason "195 other countries in the world survive without bases" is EXACTLY because we do what we do.  To think otherwise is naive.  Do I think the other nations should step up and pull their fair share financially and militarily?  Of course, but that is a different discussion and I've never seen RP address it.  Perhaps he has. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2011, 08:01:55 AM »
You don't get it.  The US relies heavily on foreign interests, probably more so than any other nation.  Our economy has thrived on it for decades.  To pull back in would mean a huge hit to the standard of living for the avg citizen.  Can you deal with that?  Not many could, just look at the retards in the OWS movement as a prime example. 

Not to mention the ability of terrorist organizations, rogue foreien govts, etc... to go completly unchecked.  And the very reason "195 other countries in the world survive without bases" is EXACTLY because we do what we do.  To think otherwise is naive.  Do I think the other nations should step up and pull their fair share financially and militarily?  Of course, but that is a different discussion and I've never seen RP address it.  Perhaps he has. 

I used to think this way.  "Without stiff-arming other countries, we'd suffer..."

Then I realized that a big part of the reason WHY we have to spend $ on military to maintain this advantage - is that we allow such an insane amount of spending waste.

if we weren't funding 1000 military bases (just move it down to 300 maybe?)...
if we weren't sending hundreds of billions all over the world for paki intel and iraq reconstruction...
if we weren't spending $ on ball washing programs on the other side of the world...
if we weren't losing $60 billion CASH in iraq then sealing the records for 60 years...

and it we weren't borrowing at 40% interest from China to pay for all this -

WE WOULD BE ABLE TO SLASH TAXES IN AMERICA SIGNIFICANTLY.

The rich are crying about paying such high rates - but we woudln't need so much damn money IF we weren't spending so much.

Ron paul spend less, we tax and borrow less, and things start getting better.  It's unsustainable, this current model.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2011, 08:14:13 AM »
You know, this is a very profound observation.  I don't quite know how to put it any better than what you did, but there's something very important being said here.  It has to do with ignorance being justified by ego, like we saw in the Couric-Palin interview.

God bless these people, but I wish they'd stay the fuck out of our politics.

Then by your logic Obama shouldn't have run back in 2008.

"Ignorance being justified by ego" is just as insidious within the Democratic party.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2011, 08:17:33 AM »
I used to think this way.  "Without stiff-arming other countries, we'd suffer..."

Then I realized that a big part of the reason WHY we have to spend $ on military to maintain this advantage - is that we allow such an insane amount of spending waste.

if we weren't funding 1000 military bases (just move it down to 300 maybe?)...
if we weren't sending hundreds of billions all over the world for paki intel and iraq reconstruction...
if we weren't spending $ on ball washing programs on the other side of the world...
if we weren't losing $60 billion CASH in iraq then sealing the records for 60 years...

and it we weren't borrowing at 40% interest from China to pay for all this -

WE WOULD BE ABLE TO SLASH TAXES IN AMERICA SIGNIFICANTLY.

The rich are crying about paying such high rates - but we woudln't need so much damn money IF we weren't spending so much.

Ron paul spend less, we tax and borrow less, and things start getting better.  It's unsustainable, this current model.

See, this is where you and I agree and are on common ground.  The key difference between me and RP on the issue is that I wouldn't just close the bases for a number on paper.  I would be more concerened about having bases in nations that are helping fund them or at the very least providing some type of compensation thru trade agreements, etc.. .  Or the ones that are vital to being launching pads for operations.   And again, I will reiterate, by FAR the largest cuts to the defense should be the insane govt contractor deals.  Thats where the real money is in defense spending.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2011, 09:33:54 AM »
Cain lost any hope with me when he outright lied about his comments on banning Muslim mosques. If he is too stupid to remember everything he says on television can and will be remembered, I don't want him. I know all politicians lie, but I expect them to be more proficient at it.