Author Topic: Pec tear  (Read 10728 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Pec tear
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2015, 08:21:54 AM »
Having some wrestling training I think it's the hardest sport In ways and great conditioning
I have a Dan Grade in Judo, i know. Randori is a great conditioner. Wrestling if Olympic wrestling is another game. Wrestling has some variations.

CDel19

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2015, 08:33:47 AM »
Being a jujitsu black belt it's all very grueling. Takedowns prob the hardest. On the ground you can rest

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2015, 08:43:02 AM »
Being a jujitsu black belt it's all very grueling. Takedowns prob the hardest. On the ground you can rest
The preparation before a throw is paramount,bringing or manipulating him/her into a position to unbalance and execute the throw.. I always found the ground work harder but that is i suppose the difference in the thinking/application between both systems.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2015, 02:09:37 AM »
First off: I'm an idiot, so don't listen to me. I tear muscles quite frequently. Partly genetic, partly obsessive behavior. :P Germane to this topipc, I've torn a pec three times so far, last time a few weeks ago. So for better or worse I do have experience.

What helps me in getting back quickly is GENTLE stretching. The absolute worst thing to do is to immobilize your arm and shoulder now. Not only will inactivity not help the healing process, it will also shorten your muscle, mess up your shoulder posture, and set you up for poor form and other injuries later. I do very light, but very frequent, stretches. It should not hurt, but it's okay if you feel a slight pulling sensation. I'll do that dozens of times per day, for a few minutes at a time. No bouncing during the stretch, unless you hate having a pec. At night I'll go to sleep on my back, and will put both arms over my head. At first with my hands on top of the pillow (if pain allows), later graduating to hands under the pillow for more stretch.

Second would be doing a shit ton of overhead work. That has allowed me to get back into the game with minimal losses every time. That, and back work. For me pullups are painful after a pec tear, but rows are fine. In fact I think it helps with my form: a pec tear helped me to stop rowing with bicep pull, and learn to focus on pulling my scapulae back.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 06:11:06 AM »
As an addendum to my earlier post: No, this does not have to be the end of the world. I actually as strong now in the bench press as then when I first tore a pec nearly 20 years ago. Not WR territory, but decent gym strength.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2015, 03:24:01 PM »
First off: I'm an idiot, so don't listen to me. I tear muscles quite frequently. Partly genetic, partly obsessive behavior. :P Germane to this topipc, I've torn a pec three times so far, last time a few weeks ago. So for better or worse I do have experience.

What helps me in getting back quickly is GENTLE stretching. The absolute worst thing to do is to immobilize your arm and shoulder now. Not only will inactivity not help the healing process, it will also shorten your muscle, mess up your shoulder posture, and set you up for poor form and other injuries later. I do very light, but very frequent, stretches. It should not hurt, but it's okay if you feel a slight pulling sensation. I'll do that dozens of times per day, for a few minutes at a time. No bouncing during the stretch, unless you hate having a pec. At night I'll go to sleep on my back, and will put both arms over my head. At first with my hands on top of the pillow (if pain allows), later graduating to hands under the pillow for more stretch.

Second would be doing a shit ton of overhead work. That has allowed me to get back into the game with minimal losses every time. That, and back work. For me pullups are painful after a pec tear, but rows are fine. In fact I think it helps with my form: a pec tear helped me to stop rowing with bicep pull, and learn to focus on pulling my scapulae back.
yes if you could do a pull up after a pec tear i would be very surprised :D

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2015, 01:05:07 AM »
yes if you could do a pull up after a pec tear i would be very surprised :D

Yeah, tried it last Friday and couldn't get off the ground. ;D Rows are okay though, did Yates rows for a few sets of 10 yesterday. Just 225 Lbs, but strict, no heaving.

CDel19

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2015, 07:06:05 AM »
How long till can do pull-ups ? I've been doing light rowing and very light pull downs

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2015, 10:09:00 AM »
Your body will tell you when it's ready to do pull-ups. Try not rushing into it too soon.

Suggesting some things here, testing the abilities and range of the pec's. Caution will be the first rule. Any undo stress or pain, than forget about that method until fully healed.

Some guys find that, with a slight pec tear (slight can be different things to different people), they can do close hammer grip pull-ups, by not lowering the body all the way down. Going about 3/4 down before reach a full stretch. Also using a curl grip (hands almost touching each other) rather than a hammer grip. Keep the elbows close to the side in both versions.

The way the hands (including elbows) are positioned/gripped doing a exercise can make quite  different on the outcome of any movement. A simple adjustment to a exercise (grip-hand position..including elbows) that seems to do nothing for you can change the results greatly in your favor. Only have to be willing to explore a bit to get the full benefit out of an exercise.

Good Luck

F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2015, 03:17:46 AM »
Yeah, tried it last Friday and couldn't get off the ground. ;D Rows are okay though, did Yates rows for a few sets of 10 yesterday. Just 225 Lbs, but strict, no heaving.
Love my BB rows...

CDel19

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2015, 09:04:08 AM »
thx for response-not rushing anything but boy do i miss certain exercises -doing rows with half the weight i usually use is good for now-not going for much more size anyway-wanna keep what I have and get leaner-ive been doing some planks and the standing dumbell fly for upper chest dont hurt at all-so thats some progress-lateral raises are a bit tough though-who is that guy who is friend with Dorian Yates-i forgot his name but he had a nasty pec tear