Author Topic: theory  (Read 4097 times)

The Master

• Getbig V
Re: theory
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 03:14:45 PM »
Candidate, you have to remember that your body stores (depending on size, sex, etc.) around 300-400 grams of carbs in the form of stored glycogen. You have to also burn all those carbs in addition to the pre-workout carbs you mentioned before your body will start to burn the fat stores.

No. A calorie deficit without glycogen depletion will burn fat just as efficient.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2006, 03:15:15 PM »
Candidate, you have to remember that your body stores (depending on size, sex, etc.) around 300-400 grams of carbs in the form of stored glycogen. You have to also burn all those carbs in addition to the pre-workout carbs you mentioned before your body will start to burn the fat stores.
thank you for answering seriously.

so couldnt i just consume 300-4000 less grams carbohydrates before i workout, that way i burn those off durin the workout?
d[-_-]b actin all cool

tomr1976

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2006, 03:17:13 PM »
No. A calorie deficit without glycogen depletion will burn fat just as efficient.

Actually, that's not true.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2006, 03:18:04 PM »
Actually, that's not true.

Tell us why, with scientific proof.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2006, 03:21:10 PM »
...offf to the gym. hoefully when i get back there will be some more good replies liek the last couple. thanks guys.

out.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2006, 03:24:02 PM »

I didn't see where he mentioned a calorie deficit, but yes, a calorie deficit will burn fat, but I wouldn't say just as efficiently as going low carb.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2006, 03:24:51 PM »
off to the gym having declined my challenge.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2006, 03:27:01 PM »
thank you for answering seriously.

so couldnt i just consume 300-4000 less grams carbohydrates before i workout, that way i burn those off durin the workout?

Depending on what kind of workout you're doing, yes, you should burn off the carbs you ingest preworkout.  I seriously doubt you could burn through 300 grams of carbs (1200 calories) during a weight training workout though.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2006, 03:44:42 PM »
if i threw your fat ass in the fire, how muchenergy would we create ?

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2006, 03:51:43 PM »
Human fat tissue contains about 87% lipids, so that 1 kg of body-fat tissue has roughly the caloric energy of 870 g of pure fat, or 7800 kcal. Therefore one has to create a −7800 kcal deficit between energy intake and use to lose 1 kg of body-fat. (In U.S. customary units, that is about 3500 kcal per pound.)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2006, 12:50:21 AM »
off to the gym having declined my challenge.
Goudy if you want to I will make a thread in the pictures section where i post a couple of mandatories ill take tomorrow for you to compare with.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2006, 01:24:55 AM »
Candidate...You need your carbs AFTER the workout.You said that you needed carbs for the time when you want to build the muscle..while lifting weights.That is false.
You do not build muscle while you workout,you tear it down. You only build muscle AFTER the workout when you are recovering.That is when your body needs the nutrients the most.You need to replenish the glycogen stores(carbs) in the muscle.You do not grow in the gym...you grow in the bed.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2006, 08:09:33 AM »
you guys frustrate me.  please comment on said theory. i didnt ask for a diet plan, or your thoughts on the calorie intake.....just comment on the theory that all you need to do is eat the amount of carbs you are going t burn before your workout, and thats it. that way you are in constant ketosis all day long except during the time you want to gain muscle (when you are lifting)...tghatw ay you can cut all the fat away while still gaining muscle; thus contradicting everything youve ever been told and learned when it comes to bodybuilding.
meltdown.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2006, 08:31:58 AM »
fuck the complicated shit. if you wanna loose weight just make sure your in a negativ calorie balance, maybe like 500 cal less than you need to maintain bw...
250 of the deficit from calorie restriction 250 from cardio...increase protein to 3g/kg bw...its fucking easy...and fuck adonis principles..

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2006, 09:18:27 AM »
I thought it was undesirable to have your body in a ketosis state?

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2006, 09:21:35 AM »
ketosis is when your body uses itself for energy. as long asyou dotn do anything strenous, your body will burn fat while in ketosis. if you are doing anything physically active, your body will use muscle during ketosis. so as long as you eat carbs before you workout, you will be burning fat al day and all night, esxcept when you are lifting...thats when you are tearing down the muscle.   you CAN build muscle while in ketosis, just eat enough healthy fats and proteins. because those are what build muscle back up, not carbohydrates. they only provide energy.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

KTMckay

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2006, 09:47:05 AM »
according tothe treadmill (lol) i burn about 110 calories every ten minutes....
whats everybody else get at 10 minutes?

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2006, 09:48:54 AM »
This is not a theory. This is a hypothesis.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

KTMckay

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2006, 09:51:52 AM »
you guys frustrate me.  please comment on said theory. i didnt ask for a diet plan, or your thoughts on the calorie intake.....just comment on the theory that all you need to do is eat the amount of carbs you are going t burn before your workout, and thats it. that way you are in constant ketosis all day long except during the time you want to gain muscle (when you are lifting)...tghatw ay you can cut all the fat away while still gaining muscle; thus contradicting everything youve ever been told and learned when it comes to bodybuilding.
no needtro call everyone guys sheesh calm down guy... but its an interesting theory. i dont believe youll egta anywhere by not picking and choosing carbs. every single bodybuilder ive ever seen thats SUCCESSFUL chooses their calories/ protein  carbs and fats wisely. when you eat ice cream and all that bullshit you encounter pissloads of sugar. sugar raises insulin levels and makes you store fat easier. do people forget that?

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2006, 09:55:58 AM »
no needtro call everyone guys sheesh calm down guy... but its an interesting theory. i dont believe youll egta anywhere by not picking and choosing carbs. every single bodybuilder ive ever seen thats SUCCESSFUL chooses their calories  carbs and fats wisely. when you eat ice cream and all that bullshit you encounter pissloads of sugar. sugar raises insulin levels and makes you store fat easier. do people forget that?
yeah i totally agreee with you that ice cream would be a poor choice. i just used it as an example for my "hypothesis" (as debussey corrected me.). although..as long as you burned off the amount of ice cream you ate during the workout, there would be no fat to store, thus negating the raised insulin. I also mentioned not because i thought it was vital to you guys understanding...but i thought it would incorporate more opinions because adonis is constantly talking about his principles....and i was sure any mention of them would throw him and his whole gang into this thread.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2006, 12:51:51 PM »
Danielson diets on saliva.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2006, 01:01:18 PM »
You arnt going to burning anywhere near a 1000 calories with an hour of lifting weights, you'd struggle to burn that jogging for an hour.

you're right, you'd have to run about 8 miles in an hour to burn that much.
Deep Tissue Massage

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2006, 01:42:21 PM »
candidate,if you want to slim down make your most used excersise the "push away"

push away from the dinner table.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2006, 02:03:22 PM »
candidate,if you want to slim down make your most used excersise the "push away"

push away from the dinner table.
oooohhh good one!! ::)

and my body fat is around 15% now..
d[-_-]b actin all cool

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2006, 02:12:24 PM »
oooohhh good one!! ::)

and my body fat is around 15% now..

how much weight have you lost? How much strength loss?