Author Topic: Chris Cook  (Read 12437 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Chris Cook
« on: April 16, 2009, 11:01:22 AM »
              Dude was good!

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: Chris Cook
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 11:08:43 AM »
All of that effort, wife sacrifing stuff for him, etc, and he quits bbing shortly after turning pro...

Maybe Chick can enlighten us on what happenned...

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 11:10:06 AM »
the green hair at the end didn't help

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 11:13:59 AM »
              Dude was good!

No he wasn't.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 11:14:53 AM »
No he wasn't.

true.

what happened to his MMA "career"?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 11:20:42 AM »
When he was "on"  (meaning condition wise he was a good bb Imo)

you guys be the judge ......

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 11:21:32 AM »

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 11:23:12 AM »
Dude was all drugs.... not that there is anything wrong with that.  ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 11:27:08 AM »
agree,had newman/mendenhall type genetics.didn't have the heart or will to sacrifice in every sense of the word modern bbing in regards prep,usage,it's a long grind to compete on pro curcuit.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 11:28:45 AM »
Chris Cook retired, becaue he got screwed in bodybuilding.He was supposed to be endorsed by Gamma O, and Muscular Developement.It was supposed to be a joint endorsement deal.He was supposed to get paid $100,000 a year.He never gfot a dime from either one of them.Plus he did I think 2 pro shows, and got last place.The reason for this is, Chris Cook couldnt get hard, or conditioned.Chris Cook was a genetically a light heavyweight ,he was using 60 ii's of insulin per day, that how he got so big so fast.
This came right from his mouth.Chris was open about what he did and what he used.
The reason Chris would come in shows smooth, is Hany Rambod, would have him carb load with a 100 grams of carbs.
I remember at 2004 USA, Chris was so bloated from taking 1000 grams of carbs, he kept getting gas, every time be bent over, or did anything.He was so embarrased he kept apologising for getting gas, in front of everyone.He was polite.It got to the point were we just laughed everytime he broke wind.To make matters worse they had a camera crew backstage at the USA's following him around, because I guess thjey were hyping him up.Poor Chris, is farting his ass off, in front of these people interviewing him, lol.
So I think between Chris getting screwed out of his endorsement deal, plus not being able to get hard because off all the insulin he used made him not want to bodybuild.Plus he guest posed once in California , and he condition was horrible, to the point people posted pics of him on the internet making fun off him.
Chris Cook just got fed up with bodybuilding, can you blame him

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 11:29:31 AM »
He had all the physical tools to be a good pro. Sadly, it seems he has left the sport

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 11:30:57 AM »

I agree, Mike. Chris could have gone all the way to the top if he'd stuck with it, given his age and frame and all. Such a shame he just faded into oblivion, as far as bodybuilding goes.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 11:31:10 AM »
Chris Cook retired, becaue he got screwed in bodybuilding.He was supposed to be endorsed by Gamma O, and Muscular Developement.It was supposed to be a joint endorsement deal.He was supposed to get paid $100,000 a year.He never gfot a dime from either one of them.Plus he did I think 2 pro shows, and got last place.The reason for this is, Chris Cook couldnt get hard, or conditioned.Chris Cook was a genetically a light heavyweight ,he was using 60 ii's of insulin per day, that how he got so big so fast.
This came right from his mouth.Chris was open about what he did and what he used.
The reason Chris would come in shows smooth, is Hany Rambod, would have him carb load with a 100 grams of carbs.
I remember at 2004 USA, Chris was so bloated from taking 1000 grams of carbs, he kept getting gas, every time be bent over, or did anything.He was so embarrased he kept apologising for getting gas, in front of everyone.He was polite.It got to the point were we just laughed everytime he broke wind.To make matters worse they had a camera crew backstage at the USA's following him around, because I guess thjey were hyping him up.Poor Chris, is farting his ass off, in front of these people interviewing him, lol.
So I think between Chris getting screwed out of his endorsement deal, plus not being able to get hard because off all the insulin he used made him not want to bodybuild.Plus he guest posed once in California , and he condition was horrible, to the point people posted pics of him on the internet making fun off him.

good for him he quit so fast.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 11:53:37 AM »
no we can't and thanks for sharing

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 11:56:26 AM »
He will probably live past 50 now... Good for him for saying no to the system.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 12:01:58 PM »
Chris Cock.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 12:04:51 PM »
I met Chris one time and he was quite friendly.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 12:05:39 PM »
I met Chris one time and he was quite friendly.

no doubt about it.

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 12:07:19 PM »
chris is a cool cat

bodybuilding25

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 12:12:36 PM »
Chris Cook retired

So I suppose this means he is collecting a pension and benefits package right now?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 03:48:23 PM »

According to Beefyheavyweight, Chris Cook was bending over a lot

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 03:50:21 PM »
i met him too,good guy

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 03:51:46 PM »
I did hear however that chris got screwed by Gamma-O......as do many Pros when dealing with supplement companies....it's amazing that in the BB industry promoters and supp companies can get away with not paying guys.....what other "sport" do you see this?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 03:55:10 PM »
I remember when GetItOnNY was saying what a great and effective product Gamma-O was and generally praising the company  :D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2009, 03:59:50 PM »

According to Beefyheavyweight, Chris Cook was bending over a lot

Why wasn't I notified?   ???