Author Topic: Global Warming is a scam.  (Read 5701 times)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: Global Warming is a scam.
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2015, 09:00:57 AM »
we are making it happen faster

Really? And how exactly do you know this?

They find whale fossils in the middle of what now is a desert, so that leads me to believe at one time, long before there were any cars or factories it was covered by water.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2015, 09:02:40 AM »
read it it's from a kook,just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true lol

Not A Lot Of People Believe That
Those trying to pretend that the Environment Agency (EA), Met Office, BBC, and anyone else telling that this winter has seen record levels of rainfall across the south of the UK are wrong have a number of sources that they cling to. These provide reassurance, telling that it was actually worse in past years and so those dastardly propagandists are lying to them.

Flooding on the Somerset Levels

One such source, approved by serial fraud Christopher Booker no less, is a blog called Not A Lot Of People Know That, authored by one Paul Homewood. It appears to be modelled on Anthony Watts’ Watts Up With That, to which he contributes his wisdom. He is accordingly followed by those believing climate change is bunk.

But here a problem enters: Homewood’s insistence that the winter of 1929/30 was wetter than that almost passed has been dealt a possibly fatal blow, as the Met Office has declared 2013/4 “the UK’s wettest winter on record in the national series going back to 1910”. There were individual records for Wales, Southwest England and South Wales, and Southeast and central southern England.

Homewood has reacted rather as the likes of James “saviour of Western civilisation” Delingpole might react: he has suggested the Met Office has somehow rigged the data, and that his 1929/30 story was right all along. And, to prove it, he’s going to do some more research tomorrow. Because he cannot possibly be wrong. So who is Paul Homewood, and what qualifies him to make his pronouncements?

Well, he is as well qualified as Nigel Lawson, Booker and Del Boy: that is to say, he has no relevant qualifications. Full disclosure: neither do I, which is why I tend to accept what Paul Nurse called the “consensual position” on climate science (at the time when he proceeded to show up Delingpole for the fraud he undoubtedly is). Paul Homewood is a retired accountant.

Now colour me predictable, but of all the things I talk to my accountant about, climate science is not one of them. I have never felt the need to consult an accountant about the output of the Met Office, the analysis of Michael Mann, data from the NOAA and NASA, or indeed anything other than matters of direct financial relevance. All that feedback I must have been missing out on, eh?

Maybe I am too harsh on Homewood? Not a bit of it: he recycles a piece of manufactured copy from Breitbart London as if it were fact, gets movement of the Atlantic jet stream wrong so he can push the idea of “global cooling”, and churns over posts from Richard North’s frankly paranoid witterings at the EU Referendum blog. No, Paul Homewood is a fully paid-up member of the denialist fringe.

As such, he is just another part of the jerking circle telling each other that it isn’t happening. Meanwhile, the real world deals with real world problems.

I didn't read it because soul Crusher aka 333386 has a very long history of linking to artucles by kooks and nutcases..he RARELY links to any mainstream publication that has any shread of credibility

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2015, 09:04:51 AM »
I didn't read it because soul Crusher aka 333386 has a very long history of linking to artucles by kooks and nutcases..he RARELY links to any mainstream publication that has any shread of credibility

Mainstream publications have credibility?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2015, 09:15:06 AM »

Brian Williams and Dan Rather bro.    ::)  ::)  ::)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2015, 09:15:47 AM »
Really? And how exactly do you know this?

They find whale fossils in the middle of what now is a desert, so that leads me to believe at one time, long before there were any cars or factories it was covered by water.
Ho ho ho...  

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2015, 09:16:44 AM »
Ho ho ho...  

Merry Christmas?

Green Giant?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2015, 09:22:28 AM »
Merry Christmas?
look at the facts. look at them. Global warming is happening and we are speeding it up at an undeniable rate with our dumb greed. statistics are there.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2015, 09:24:34 AM »

More than you tube kooks and internet nutcases

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2015, 09:25:16 AM »
look at the facts. look at them. Global warming is happening and we are speeding it up at an undeniable rate with our dumb greed. statistics are there.

Then provide them, everyone has statistics and proof, but strangely enough man made global warming is but a theory.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2015, 09:25:30 AM »
I am no Hippy Dude but what we(they) are doing will not end good. It´s Conservative Greed. Idiots.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2015, 09:26:30 AM »
More than you tube kooks and internet nutcases

I will have to dispute that
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2015, 09:27:18 AM »
Brian Williams and Dan Rather bro.    ::)  ::)  ::)

this is true...but how many lies has Sean Hannity been caught in>>?....at least Rather and Williams lost their jobs...lying is par for the course on FOX..how about O'Reilly being sued for sexual harassment by a FOX staffer and settling out of court and keeping his job????

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2015, 09:27:21 AM »
I am no Hippy Dude but what we(they) are doing will not end good. It´s Conservative Greed. Idiots.

Conservative greed? Please explain what that is. Is it any different from Liberal greed?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2015, 09:29:20 AM »
Then provide them, everyone has statistics and proof, but strangely enough man made global warming is but a theory.
well then show me the proof that we ..man has not damaged the environment?  you are not seriously saying that global warming is not a result of pollution?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2015, 09:31:34 AM »

if I provided the proof based on scholarly articles and books you STILL wouldn't believe it ...so why bother?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2015, 09:32:18 AM »
well then show me the proof that we ..man has not damaged the environment?  you are not seriously saying that global warming is not a result of pollution?

So you are not going to provide the information I asked for, but instead ask me for proof. Hmmmm interesting tactic..............
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2015, 09:35:57 AM »
if I provided the proof based on scholarly articles and books you STILL wouldn't believe it ...so why bother?

Define a scholarly article, you are taking at face value that who ever wrote knows what they are talking about, and\or is not agenda driven. I'm skeptical by nature, and find that most of the motivation behind these doomsday scenario's is to make someone rich.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2015, 09:36:29 AM »

wHAT ABOUT LIBERAL GREED ?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2015, 09:36:52 AM »
So you are not going to provide the information I asked for, but instead ask me for proof. Hmmmm interesting tactic..............
proof is happening around you .. you just don´t understand it.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2015, 09:37:55 AM »

not a tactic at all...the truth....you and I both know that you are not going to change your mind on any opinion you present here..guys like yourself, Soul Crusher and Coach do  not change...your opinions never evolve based on new information...in all the years that i have been conversing with you fine gentlemen o here I have NEVER ONCE seen you guys admit to being wrong about anything or change your thinking based on new information.....so Ive learned not to work too hard in presentling evidence which may contradict your opinions

not a putdown at all...just the truth

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2015, 09:38:25 AM »

Correct - people in boston buried under 4 feet of Global warming just don't get it

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2015, 09:39:50 AM »

Well that's a new one, we are just to fucking stupid to understand  ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2015, 09:40:06 AM »
all that pollution does nothing to the atmosphere  ::)just like years ago we thought we could pollute the oceans with no repercussions

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2015, 09:44:14 AM »
Well that's a new one, we are just to fucking stupid to understand  ::)
no we do understand but don´t care because who cares what comes in 1000 years.. who cares ? exactly what Soul crusher wrote.  this is the problem. Deep rooted in money making Minds.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2015, 09:52:34 AM »
no we do understand but don´t care because who cares what comes in 1000 years.. who cares ? exactly what Soul crusher wrote.  this is the problem. Deep rooted in money making Minds.

So - whats the answer?  More taxes and regulations by pos and failed thugs like Obama and gore and Hillary ritght?