Author Topic: Disney vs DeSantis...  (Read 4887 times)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Re: Disney quietly owns DeSantis...
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2023, 04:27:04 AM »
DeSantis is a monkey for an organ grinder who is far more powerful than the Disney empire. Go look up Kenneth Cordell Griffin.

Also guess where this multi billionaire recently moved to set up shop...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2022-09-20/citadel-s-ken-griffin-brings-billions-to-make-miami-wall-street-south?leadSource=uverify%20wall

So what, This guy is a tiny tit compared to Disney.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2023, 11:15:21 AM »
So what, This guy is a tiny tit compared to Disney.

His personal net worth is $35billion and he runs a hedgefund with double that under his management. His firm is is also the largest market maker on the NYSE and one of the largest globally.

He could crush Disney stock and in turn the company for fun if he wanted and no one could do anything about it. Instead he flexes by hiring the whole resort for 3 days for his employees https://www.entrepreneur.com/business-news/citadel-ceo-pays-for-10000-employees-to-party-at-disney/440721

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2023, 11:22:17 AM »
DeSantis is a monkey for an organ grinder who is far more powerful than the Disney empire. Go look up Kenneth Cordell Griffin.

Also guess where this multi billionaire recently moved to set up shop...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2022-09-20/citadel-s-ken-griffin-brings-billions-to-make-miami-wall-street-south?leadSource=uverify%20wall

People would rather bring their kids to see Mickey and ride and see all of the attractions than go have a tour at an office building.   And again, fuck a state park.  The one thing Disney does well is that it brings money to Florida from around the world.
A

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2023, 12:58:29 PM »
People would rather bring their kids to see Mickey and ride and see all of the attractions than go have a tour at an office building.   And again, fuck a state park.  The one thing Disney does well is that it brings money to Florida from around the world.

IDK Vince. Most parents I know would rather tour that office building than be forced to bring their kids to Disney. They hate going to Disney and are forced into it by their wives and kids  ;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2023, 10:34:46 AM »
Florida's Senate on Thursday passed a bill that will allow a tourism board appointed by Governor Ron DeSantis to cancel development agreements its predecessor body signed, the latest salvo against the Walt Disney Co from the conservative leader.

Under the bill, which now goes to DeSantis for signing into law, the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District board, appointed by DeSantis to oversee development in and around Disney's theme parks, can cancel agreements that were signed up to three months before the board's creation.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/florida-legislature-approves-bill-allowing-015846968.html

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2023, 12:56:32 PM »
His personal net worth is $35billion and he runs a hedgefund with double that under his management. His firm is is also the largest market maker on the NYSE and one of the largest globally.

He could crush Disney stock and in turn the company for fun if he wanted and no one could do anything about it. Instead he flexes by hiring the whole resort for 3 days for his employees https://www.entrepreneur.com/business-news/citadel-ceo-pays-for-10000-employees-to-party-at-disney/440721

Yes Griffin is a powerhouse and very conservative. He fled Chicago for Miami recently and dished the hell out of crime and Lori Lightfoot on his way out the door. But his bread is buttered by the talent he is able to keep within his firm. I bet any money there are way more of his employees who are siding with Bob Iger on this one than with Ron DeSantis, let alone the excitement quotient of, “look we all just moved to Florida and I am rewarding everybody with a huge event at Disney.”  Also, for all the “errors” you may argue Disney may have made, it is a deep American brand that has been around for 100 years. Ron DeSantis is a flash in the pan who may rise or may fade quickly, hard to tell.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2023, 02:29:23 PM »
That suggests the rule of (contract) law is now optional in Florida.
How reassuring is that for any business proposing to invest there

Meanwhile its good news for Mr Trump as it will  Mr Desantis busy

Well, having just been in CA, it is a big mess out there. But FL is proving a big mess also, in entirely different ways (climate and insurance problems included). I guess pick your pain. But they both still have the sunshine.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2023, 03:55:41 PM »
Now only if they could fix the Dindu crime that's out of control in FL... instead of worrying about some billionaire company

priorities.... priorities

stop doing political shit and fix things

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2023, 06:02:11 PM »
Here is one more perspective on the Ken Griffin/Disney dynamics and the huge Disney Christmas bash he threw at Disney for his staff. It seems very likely that many employees have had very mixed feelings about being uprooted from the pleasant White Bread suburbs of Chicago to basically be asked to move to Latin America (Miami). The Disney celebration may be a way to put more shine on Florida for wives and kids during a somewhat tough transition.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2023, 06:22:30 PM »
Here is one more perspective on the Ken Griffin/Disney dynamics and the huge Disney Christmas bash he threw at Disney for his staff. It seems very likely that many employees have had very mixed feelings about being uprooted from the pleasant White Bread suburbs of Chicago to basically be asked to move to Latin America (Miami). The Disney celebration may be a way to put more shine on Florida for wives and kids during a somewhat tough transition.

Most of the staff where flown in from different offices in the US and internationally (paid for by the company)

Miami staff already had some experience of Miami life as that's where they were working through covid lockdowns. I vaguely remember something about them completely taking over a hotel.

I doubt Citadel staff need much convincing to stick with the company. They been killing it even during the economic downturn. Record profits. They will all have had ridiculous bonuses. Disney was just a little cherry on top for them.

Btw I don't know if KenG has any beef with Disney. This might all be Desantis, but I do believe if Ken told him to stop the drama, he would. Also I'd love to see Desantis become President just because there is a good chance that Ken becomes the secretary of the treasury. Imagine the economic golden era under someone as hypercompetent as him.

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2023, 06:49:48 AM »
Desantis is gonna lose the middle if he keeps pushing this along with other recent  developments, he's already made his point. An unpopular opinion here I appreciate , and I despise woke as much as any self respecting individual should, just one person's take on attempting to objectively look at political reality

Desantis doesn't have trumps charisma and so his policies will actually matter.

Both the pubs and dems have been moving further and further to their respective corners for a while, to the point you now have half the country(49%) identifying as independent politically, it was 31% in 2004.  It's increasingly a pox on both their houses

Honestly in the next 10-15 years there may well emerge a centrist third party/movement of consequential size at this rate, as the current trajectory of the 2 current majors continues to move away from where most voters naturally reside

Source: Gallup

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2023, 07:03:06 AM »
Most of the staff where flown in from different offices in the US and internationally (paid for by the company)

Miami staff already had some experience of Miami life as that's where they were working through covid lockdowns. I vaguely remember something about them completely taking over a hotel.

I doubt Citadel staff need much convincing to stick with the company. They been killing it even during the economic downturn. Record profits. They will all have had ridiculous bonuses. Disney was just a little cherry on top for them. Proximity to Disney could be a morale booster.

Btw I don't know if KenG has any beef with Disney. This might all be Desantis, but I do believe if Ken told him to stop the drama, he would. Also I'd love to see Desantis become President just because there is a good chance that Ken becomes the secretary of the treasury. Imagine the economic golden era under someone as hypercompetent as him.

That all makes sense. I agree few staff would leave. Look up successful hedge fund in the dictionary and Citadel will crop up. I don’t know what percentage of total staff were based in the Chicago headquarters. All I am saying (knowing both cities well) is that I guarantee you that there are/were wives and children way more comfortable in suburban Chicago than in Miami. How big a factor that has been, who knows. But family affects morale. And proximity to Disney could be a morale booster.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2023, 07:34:11 AM »
<seen>

Kristi Noem

</seen>

not after the pandora papers... boy they sure shut her the heck up fast

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2023, 11:34:18 AM »
Ron DeSantis to announce 2024 Presidential run in a twitter spaces with Elon Musk — tomorrow night, 6pm ET.

Wall Street execs backing GovRonDeSantis say he will have near unlimited funding. "He's a fundraising machine and he will spend it".

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2023, 11:40:52 AM »
Happy days are on the way

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/23/ron-desantis-president-republican-supreme-court

Ron DeSantis envisions a ‘quarter century’ of far-right majority in the supreme court

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2023, 12:03:49 PM »
Ron DeSantis to announce 2024 Presidential run in a twitter spaces with Elon Musk — tomorrow night, 6pm ET.

Wall Street execs backing GovRonDeSantis say he will have near unlimited funding. "He's a fundraising machine and he will spend it".

DeSantis has no possible way of winning.  Besides Trump cornholing him like a prag in prison, no-one is going to accept his brand of governing.....burning books, Don't Say Gay, No Ethnics Studies, No Black History Taught.....and worst of all, fucking with the states largest employer and taxpayer Disney all because they opposed the Don't Say Gay bill.   

Desantis is not friendly to blacks and gays and he definitely isn't business-friendly like Trump is.  Him being the nominee will automatically garrantee Biden winning
A

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2023, 12:15:53 PM »

DeSantis has no possible way of winning.  Besides Trump cornholing him like a prag in prison, no-one is going to accept his brand of governing.....burning books, Don't Say Gay, No Ethnics Studies, No Black History Taught.....and worst of all, fucking with the states largest employer and taxpayer Disney all because they opposed the Don't Say Gay bill.   

Desantis is not friendly to blacks and gays and he definitely isn't business-friendly like Trump is.  Him being the nominee will automatically garrantee Biden winning

Biden isn't the issue. Even Biden voters would prefer not to vote for him. He is just the anti Trump vote.

Biden beats Trump. Desantis beats Biden.

Trump vs Desantis is the main battle

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2023, 04:02:28 PM »
Musk sure is giving him a platform all the while saying, “I am not endorsing him”.  DeSantis is actually the Country Club rich guy choice and plenty of money is flooding his way. I have all along felt that he can pick up a fair number of suburban voters who are lost to Trump. However, can he recover from recent mistakes? Examples: 1) going way too far toward “don’t say gay” which turns off suburban women and especially younger voters 2) picking a fight with Disney which makes him look reckless and rigid (“bite off my nose to spite my…..” 3) six week abortion ban, this one is the killer (imagine the TV ads). All he can do on this last one is waffle around and try to race ahead to the next subject. He can maybe recover from all these if he is shrewd.

But his biggest problem: primary voters still prefer Trump.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2023, 12:20:29 AM »

Dr. Goodrum, PhD, CSN, MFT, HPP, CEO, have you ever considered starting a tour of Caliber Fitness Solutions for children? It will give them a fresh perspective on the benefits of hard work. Just an idea.
X

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2023, 09:10:51 AM »

DeSantis Video Brags That His Policies “Literally Threaten Trans Existence”

Late Friday, the Ron DeSantis’s extremely online campaign team released a video to contrast the Florida governor’s stalwart bigotry with Donald Trump’s lighter touch and highlight the fact that their candidate stands out as the most hostile to LGBT Americans—
 “To Wrap up ‘Pride Month,’ let’s hear from the politician who did more than any other to celebrate it…”

The video begins with a sizzle reel of Donald Trump promising to protect LGBT Americans, saying that he doesn’t care what bathroom Caitlyn Jenner uses, telling Barbara Walters that transgender women would be allowed to compete in the Miss Universe contest, and contrasting his views on gays favorably with how the group is viewed by Islamic terrorists.

https://twitter.com/DeSantisWarRoom/status/1674899610379116546
c

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2023, 09:16:09 AM »
Musk sure is giving him a platform all the while saying, “I am not endorsing him”.  DeSantis is actually the Country Club rich guy choice and plenty of money is flooding his way. I have all along felt that he can pick up a fair number of suburban voters who are lost to Trump. However, can he recover from recent mistakes? Examples: 1) going way too far toward “don’t say gay” which turns off suburban women and especially younger voters 2) picking a fight with Disney which makes him look reckless and rigid (“bite off my nose to spite my…..” 3) six week abortion ban, this one is the killer (imagine the TV ads). All he can do on this last one is waffle around and try to race ahead to the next subject. He can maybe recover from all these if he is shrewd.

But his biggest problem: primary voters still prefer Trump.

Your biggest problem is that you can't stop him. Go be gay somewhere else, flip boy.
~

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2023, 09:16:13 AM »
Disney despite their spin have been losing money especially on movies, streaming and even park attendance.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2023, 09:27:56 AM »
Now only if they could fix the Dindu crime that's out of control in FL... instead of worrying about some billionaire company

priorities.... priorities

stop doing political shit and fix things

Out of Control-Dindees should be first priority
Q

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2023, 11:37:05 AM »
Your biggest problem is that you can't stop him. Go be gay somewhere else, flip boy.

Trump is stopping him on my behalf. I think his time will have come and gone. Disney will have ups and downs but likely around for another 100 years.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2023, 11:45:29 AM »
Trump is stopping him on my behalf. I think his time will have come and gone. Disney will have ups and downs but likely around for another 100 years.

Within 5 years you'll be dead from the AIDS.
~