Author Topic: best front lat spread of all time  (Read 139824 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: best front lat spread of all time
« Reply #200 on: August 16, 2009, 07:32:33 PM »
Haney and Yates with their weak arms relative to torsos and smaller shoulders can't touch this. Oliva with Haney's waist and a huge advantage in size.

Those guys can't compete on lower body either, or X-taper.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #201 on: August 16, 2009, 08:13:40 PM »
commonsense would dictate otherwise something you're severely lacking in  ;D geee Dorian doesn't look the same as he does when he's lighter and offseason I'm still laughing my fucking ass off at that one , ranks right up there with Dorian lost in 93 and Ronnie's calves are more detailed than Dorians  ;D

I know you're think it's fake because of his quads but check this shot out  ;) insane quads here too now you're out of excuses  ;D
OWNED

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: August 16, 2009, 08:29:42 PM »
Haney and Yates with their weak arms relative to torsos and smaller shoulders can't touch this. Oliva with Haney's waist and a huge advantage in size.

Oliva was great no doubt and does look good in that shot.  Truth be told though,as it is a "lat spread", he did have somewhat high lats. 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2009, 12:46:26 AM »

Dorian can't touch that?  ::) in what aspect? muscular bulk? Dorian is 282 pounds in that pic and Sergio is probably about 240 in that one , Dorian is harder & drier at that weight than Sergio ever was in his entire career ! Sergio has pretty damn good balance but as does Yates so that's a wash , Dorian's back just destroys Sergios wider , harder , drier better lat sweep it's no contest

What you're really saying is you like Sergio's look in this pose from better than Dorians but on a stage side-by-side Sergio would be left for dead , it's not his fault I mean different eras and all but get serious

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2009, 12:50:21 AM »

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #205 on: August 17, 2009, 11:18:58 AM »
Best ever:

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2009, 11:36:37 AM »

Dorian can't touch that?  ::) in what aspect? muscular bulk? Dorian is 282 pounds in that pic and Sergio is probably about 240 in that one

Someone who stoops to bodyweight comparisons as the measure doesn't comprehend judging criterion. ;)

High lats LOL

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #207 on: August 17, 2009, 11:44:01 AM »
lights out.................

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: August 17, 2009, 12:31:16 PM »
Someone who stoops to bodyweight comparisons as the measure doesn't comprehend judging criterion. ;)

High lats LOL

Which is exactly why I included the rest of the judging criteria  ;) you know like density & dryness which Dorian hands down murders him on , same with balance & proportion posing & presentation.  it's Dorian all the way it's not really a fair comparison to Sergio but he does look awesome in that pose but Dorian is in just a whole other league

And I never claimed he had ' High lats ' which doesn't matter because they're not as low or as wide as Dorians , they don't have his sweep or thickness either even at around the same weight and you're proof to the contrary is a shot looking up at him lol you're silliness knows no bounds

so while claiming I don't comprehend the judging criteria you omitted 70% of it  ;D here is Dorian at 242lbs roughly the same weight as Sergio and it's no contest it just isn't

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #209 on: August 17, 2009, 12:51:17 PM »
still better than anything Coleman has shown

I personally think this is better than anything Dorian can offer. Ronnie has smaller waist, actual abs on this occasion, perfect delt/arm balance, definitely better quads, calves not as good but big enough to be proportional with those great quads. And obviously lats are great too. Chest detail is exceptional also.

I guess is partly depends what you're looking for; lats that stand out because they are basically ahead of the other body parts, or a whole physique which has crazy lats but every other body part developed to the maximum also. I always thought every bodypart was being marked in every pose, so I'd have to go with the Ronnie pic. Also, I was under the impression judges only marked physiques on the stage, not in a studio or backstage etc.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: August 17, 2009, 01:27:37 PM »
I personally think this is better than anything Dorian can offer. Ronnie has smaller waist, actual abs on this occasion, perfect delt/arm balance, definitely better quads, calves not as good but big enough to be proportional with those great quads. And obviously lats are great too. Chest detail is exceptional also.

I guess is partly depends what you're looking for; lats that stand out because they are basically ahead of the other body parts, or a whole physique which has crazy lats but every other body part developed to the maximum also. I always thought every bodypart was being marked in every pose, so I'd have to go with the Ronnie pic. Also, I was under the impression judges only marked physiques on the stage, not in a studio or backstage etc.

actual abs? his abdominals were never great you're reaching at straws mentioning them , smaller waist sure , perfect arm/delt balance? are we looking at the same pic?  ??? most of the arm is biceps , better quads that serve to highlight his pathetic calves? no advantage in that case , this is where you're just flat out wrong his calves while being pathetic are most certainly NOT proportionate to his voluminous quads that's just not open for discussion and his lats look good overall this is one of his better front latspreads but not in Dorian's league

it doesn't depend on what ' you're ' looking for it depends on what the judges are looking for !

Muscular Bulk now dependent on what year pic you want to use Dorian carries more muscular bulk than Ronnie 99 even at the same weight it doesn't matter because there is a difference between 257 pounds and 257 dense hard as nails pounds , so that's working with you . Dorian at 269 pounds has a clear advantage in muscular bulk compared to Ronnie , and forget about him at 282 pounds

Muscular Bulk - advantage Dorian

Density & Dryness clear cut advantage for Dorian any year almost any weight , this isn't open for discussion Dorian's conditioning is legendary , the only place I'm willing to concede Ronnie was equal in this aspect as 2001 ASC and maybe 1998 but at lower weights , 1999 SORRY ain't happening

Density & Dryness - advantage Dorian

Balance & proportion 1999 may be a pretty good year for Ronnie's balance however that has nothing to do with Dorian his is better , there are many aspects to balance & proportion which Dorian has a clear advantage , arm length in relation to torso , Ronnie has long arms in relation to his short torso , you don't find this with Yates , Ronnie's forearms aren't in proportion with his oversized biceps/triceps . Ronnie also has long legs and a short torso not great upper & lower body balance , way oversized quads for his unproportionate calves , you don't find this problems with Dorian AT HIS BEST ( keyword )

Balance & proportion - advantage Dorian

Posing & Presentation most of the time Ronnie can't effectively hit most of his mandatories but this particular pose is good that's why I say it's one of the much better ones he's done , we can push this

Now here is what wins a pose ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS this means the judges access ALL of the criteria I just listed AT ONCE so while Ronnie may have advantage(s) in part(s) of the criteria as a whole he does NOT meet them all better than Dorian this is why Dorian beats him in this and any other pose , you can't cherry pick what you like an ignore the rest

the front latspread belongs to Yates even to this day I have not seen a better one , the only one I can think of that same close was Rhul at the NOC and even he says Dorian's is the best of all-time

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #211 on: August 17, 2009, 01:31:36 PM »
The front lat spread really highlights the quads ...Dorians quads look weird and strange...thus he can never own this pose...
Jeff king's Quads in that pic look sick...
L

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: August 17, 2009, 01:42:48 PM »
The front lat spread really highlights the quads ...Dorians quads look weird and strange...thus he can never own this pose...

Front QUAD spread?  ???

the front lat spread high lights the whole physique , you can't cherry pick what you think wins a pose NOT how's it's done

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #213 on: August 17, 2009, 01:45:53 PM »
Hey ND you got any of those Dorrian shots that were taken in the gym i think he even had socks on - Brutal Pics

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #214 on: August 17, 2009, 02:08:10 PM »

well said. especially the part that correctly points out how Ronnie was an impressive blend of fantastic bodyparts with great flow in the pose, whereas Yates is great lats with comparatively crappy everything else, except for calves of course.

ronnie 99 crushes the best yates can offer.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #215 on: August 17, 2009, 02:11:19 PM »

thats because dorian's quads suck. especially compared to ronnie. horrible cuts. poor shape.

he had great inner thigh rods, but thats it. when viewed head on, where most bodybuilders have great looking quads, dorian, like many front shots, was left far away in the dust by his competitors:
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »
Density & Dryness clear cut advantage for Dorian any year almost any weight , this isn't open for discussion

not open for discussion?

quick someone let reality know!:

::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #217 on: August 17, 2009, 02:21:12 PM »
actual abs? his abdominals were never great you're reaching at straws mentioning them , smaller waist sure , perfect arm/delt balance? are we looking at the same pic?  ??? most of the arm is biceps , better quads that serve to highlight his pathetic calves? no advantage in that case , this is where you're just flat out wrong his calves while being pathetic are most certainly NOT proportionate to his voluminous quads that's just not open for discussion and his lats look good overall this is one of his better front latspreads but not in Dorian's league

it doesn't depend on what ' you're ' looking for it depends on what the judges are looking for !

Muscular Bulk now dependent on what year pic you want to use Dorian carries more muscular bulk than Ronnie 99 even at the same weight it doesn't matter because there is a difference between 257 pounds and 257 dense hard as nails pounds , so that's working with you . Dorian at 269 pounds has a clear advantage in muscular bulk compared to Ronnie , and forget about him at 282 pounds

Muscular Bulk - advantage Dorian

Density & Dryness clear cut advantage for Dorian any year almost any weight , this isn't open for discussion Dorian's conditioning is legendary , the only place I'm willing to concede Ronnie was equal in this aspect as 2001 ASC and maybe 1998 but at lower weights , 1999 SORRY ain't happening

Density & Dryness - advantage Dorian

Balance & proportion 1999 may be a pretty good year for Ronnie's balance however that has nothing to do with Dorian his is better , there are many aspects to balance & proportion which Dorian has a clear advantage , arm length in relation to torso , Ronnie has long arms in relation to his short torso , you don't find this with Yates , Ronnie's forearms aren't in proportion with his oversized biceps/triceps . Ronnie also has long legs and a short torso not great upper & lower body balance , way oversized quads for his unproportionate calves , you don't find this problems with Dorian AT HIS BEST ( keyword )

Balance & proportion - advantage Dorian

Posing & Presentation most of the time Ronnie can't effectively hit most of his mandatories but this particular pose is good that's why I say it's one of the much better ones he's done , we can push this

Now here is what wins a pose ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS this means the judges access ALL of the criteria I just listed AT ONCE so while Ronnie may have advantage(s) in part(s) of the criteria as a whole he does NOT meet them all better than Dorian this is why Dorian beats him in this and any other pose , you can't cherry pick what you like an ignore the rest

the front latspread belongs to Yates even to this day I have not seen a better one , the only one I can think of that same close was Rhul at the NOC and even he says Dorian's is the best of all-time

note how all the bullshit words in the world can't help dorian when faced with Ronnie 99's physique:

8)
'
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2009, 02:25:54 PM »
note how all the bullshit words in the world can't help dorian when faced with Ronnie 99's physique:

8)
'

Thanks for admitting you can't intelligently defend your position it speaks volumes on how much more intelligent I am compared to you  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2009, 02:27:43 PM »
not open for discussion?

quick someone let reality know!:

::)

yawn , see above  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2009, 02:29:53 PM »
thats because dorian's quads suck. especially compared to ronnie. horrible cuts. poor shape.

he had great inner thigh rods, but thats it. when viewed head on, where most bodybuilders have great looking quads, dorian, like many front shots, was left far away in the dust by his competitors:

It's so easy to own you  :D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: August 17, 2009, 02:35:38 PM »
Hey ND you got any of those Dorrian shots that were taken in the gym i think he even had socks on - Brutal Pics
;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #222 on: August 17, 2009, 02:37:22 PM »
Now tell me who in the hell will be these shots? ???

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: August 17, 2009, 02:37:38 PM »
These pic demoralized everyone in 93 and they're still doing it in 2009  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: August 17, 2009, 02:39:52 PM »
Now tell me who in the hell will be these shots? Huh