Author Topic: Is Bob correct about Mike Mentzer?  (Read 48093 times)

Determinator

• Getbig IV
Is Bob correct about Mike Mentzer?
« on: April 13, 2008, 05:27:54 AM »
On last weeks probodybuilding weekly, Bob inferred that Mike Mentzer was very overrated and possessed "child bearing hips, no chest and a big ass." Is Bob correct in his evaluation of the Mentzer physique?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Re: Is Bob correct about Mike Mentzer?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 05:33:55 AM »
epic jealousy more like  :'(
175lbs by 31st July

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 05:41:16 AM »
Mentzer is a bodybuilding legend, like him or not.

Bob well, is chick.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 05:49:35 AM »
I do think Mike was overrated to an extent, sure he had enough knowledge to outsmart every bodybuilder (except Arnold and Nasser) on this planet but personally I never thought his physique was great.
He should be commemorated for his contribution to the bodybuilding lifestyle rather than be praised as a God like form concerning his physique.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 05:50:29 AM »
RIP Mike

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 06:17:40 AM »
Bob is right to a point.

Mentzer's chest wasnt as this as it could have been, certainly compared to Serge, Arnold, Sergio and a few others. his hips were a bit wide, but this made his waist look even smaller than it was (which was small) and as for his butt, i'd like to hear his thoughts on almost every present day pro competing today.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 06:31:42 AM »
I don't believe he was right.

Metzer was huge and dense, I've never really heard anyone say his waist was huge or he had "child bearing hips", was it as small as it could have been?  Sure, but it's not like he had the genetics to have melvin anthony's waist. 

Like I said Mike had a very thick and dense physique, it had some weak points but c'mon....his chest wasn't that bad and to say he had no business beating zane is rubbish, it was apples and oranges and another set of judges might have given it to mike and no one would have bitched.

Mike got screwed in 80 as did alot of other guys, mike was big and ripped, Arnold was a shadow of his former glory, there's no denying that.  Mike had better overall leg development, and was in much better shape.  If you took the 2 physiques and put them on 2 total no name bb'ers nad put them next to each other there's no way the guy with arnold's physiqu-at that time-would have "destroyed" mike's.  Mike was way more complete.

people are still pissed at Mike and Arthur Jones cause they basically said that most of the things that were being preached at the time were bullshit....
nasser=piece of shit

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 06:33:40 AM »
Its Hip to Bash Mentzer he finished 2nd in the MrO, Chic finished 18th in the MrO
Arnold For President 2012.2016

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 06:38:11 AM »
I wonder what bob's motivation was to do that?  I've never heard him really be so rough on anyone else but all fo a sudden he goes off on MM....I wonder if MM dissed him back in the day?
nasser=piece of shit

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 06:38:18 AM »
I don't believe he was right.

Metzer was huge and dense, I've never really heard anyone say his waist was huge or he had "child bearing hips", was it as small as it could have been?  Sure, but it's not like he had the genetics to have melvin anthony's waist. 

Like I said Mike had a very thick and dense physique, it had some weak points but c'mon....his chest wasn't that bad and to say he had no business beating zane is rubbish, it was apples and oranges and another set of judges might have given it to mike and no one would have bitched.

Mike got screwed in 80 as did alot of other guys, mike was big and ripped, Arnold was a shadow of his former glory, there's no denying that.  Mike had better overall leg development, and was in much better shape.  If you took the 2 physiques and put them on 2 total no name bb'ers nad put them next to each other there's no way the guy with arnold's physiqu-at that time-would have "destroyed" mike's.  Mike was way more complete.

people are still pissed at Mike and Arthur Jones cause they basically said that most of the things that were being preached at the time were bullshit....
Yes, I do think that Bob does talk sense at times, but he seems to be a bit off the mark on this one.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 07:22:05 AM »
It is nice how Bob rags on a BB legend after he is dead.  But while Mike was alive Chic more than likely when he saw Mentzer in the gym was drooling and begging to be around him.  And then of course there is the reason that Mike's physique is known around the BB industry while Chic is known around the BB industry as being.........well...... .............the IFBB doll. 

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 07:29:08 AM »
On last weeks probodybuilding weekly, Bob inferred that Mike Mentzer was very overrated and possessed "child bearing hips, no chest and a big ass." Is Bob correct in his evaluation of the Mentzer physique?

I like Bob...but 20 years from now historians of the sport will remember Mentzer more than he.

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 07:31:11 AM »
Mike is a legend,, who cares what bob says,, of course he will bash him cause mike was in bad terms withe the IFBB

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 07:32:53 AM »
20 years from now Chic will be doing the same thing....putting down legends on his weekly radio show.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 07:36:49 AM »
Mike was a damn legend.  A Physique that 95% of these so-called pros can only wish to have. I doubt Robert Michael truly meant those words.

H.I.T. was definitely a great method for training...(Homosexuals.In.Thongs)
"1"

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 07:38:23 AM »
Bob will definitely bash Nasser after he is dead,, he is just afraid of nasser now cause he might spread some of his dirty laundry

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 07:54:19 AM »
Chic is intimidated by Mikes rugged build and massive forearms- which Bob has none of, total pussy
X

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2008, 08:05:36 AM »
I love it...a simple question brought up by the thread starter, and the peanut gallery is out in full force with every comment EXCEPT what the true answer was.

The comment I made was on Metzners PHYSIQUE, not him as a person, not whether or not I knew him (I didn't)...I'll challenge anyone to post pictures to refute my comments...

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008, 08:08:40 AM »
I love it...a simple question brought up by the thread starter, and the peanut gallery is out in full force with every comment EXCEPT what the true answer was.

The comment I made was on Metzners PHYSIQUE, not him as a person, not whether or not I knew him (I didn't)...I'll challenge anyone to post pictures to refute my comments...
You tell um Bob!
That's correct everyone: This is not like in high school where you answer the question on the exam paper that you want to answer. That carries no marks.

PS Bob, the thread starter is no ordinary thread starter, he's a member of the exclusive *Big 6.*

(Determinator:official getbig *Big 6* member)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2008, 08:10:47 AM »
let's say this, Mentzer had an awesome physique but Chick is right about his physique flaws and Bob has a far more complete physique than Mike so he can say whatever he wants.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2008, 08:18:11 AM »
bullshit

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2008, 08:24:13 AM »
childbearing hips?

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2008, 08:42:57 AM »
He looks great by himself but I would like to see some clear comparison shots between him, Arnold and Frank Zane.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 08:43:11 AM »
giddyup...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V