Author Topic: Guns - Best one for home protection  (Read 39505 times)

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
Re: Best gun for home defense?
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2012, 05:54:01 PM »

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2012, 05:56:41 PM »
No kids in the house and brick/cement walls = Shotgun with 00buck.  Pistol grip, short barrel for close quarters.

Kids in the house, dry wall = Shotgun with birdshot.  A shot in the neck or face will stop any intruder.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2012, 05:58:35 PM »
I already have a glock 40, but looking for more, can't decide between an AR-15 or a nice shot gun...

Any thoughts?

Remi 870 or Mossberg 500  by far for home defense 

But get home defense loads and buckshot. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2012, 06:06:52 PM »
Personally, I'd go with something like this.

Although you'll have to get some form of permit for the short barrel. Can't remember what it is.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2012, 06:12:00 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2012, 06:13:49 PM »

Sweet gun.   Problem is that if you in a panzie ass liberal state - even if you are right - the DA is going to have an issue if you light up a guy w that thing. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2012, 06:16:02 PM »
Sweet gun.   Problem is that if you in a panzie ass liberal state - even if you are right - the DA is going to have an issue if you light up a guy w that thing.  
That wouldn't suprise me, like it's any different than lighting a guy up with a pistol or a normal rifle. I believe that is a 10.5" barrel, which you have to get a permit to have anyway. Perfect for home defense, compact and effective with the short barrel and collapsed stock.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2012, 06:18:55 PM »
I already have a glock 40, but looking for more, can't decide between an AR-15 or a nice shot gun...

Any thoughts?

Studies show that your gun makes you less safe.  Let the government protect you.  They're the only ones who will protect you from others and also protect you from yourself.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
Studies show that your gun makes you less safe.  Let the government protect you.  They're the only ones who will protect you from others and also protect you from yourself.

;D

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2012, 06:23:02 PM »
Just get a Mossberg or Remington 870. As long as you don't have kids in the house then I'd load it with 00b or #4 as suggested. I've killed deer with both at short range and it produces devestating results.  

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2012, 06:51:11 PM »
I am not aware of any clip fed shotguns.  What are you talking about?

A semi auto shotgun with a large magazine and a short barrel.  Like a streetsweeper.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2012, 06:51:56 PM »
shotgun with birdshot... if you shoot someone it will not kill them but it will make a hell of a mess... bonus: it will not go through drywall and kill your family/neighbors
Why wouldn't u want them dead?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2012, 07:06:50 PM »
A semi auto shotgun with a large magazine and a short barrel.  Like a streetsweeper.

While technically not illegal, they are banned in many states. They are also classified as Destructive Devices here, and require a good amount of State and Federal paperwork and taxes to be filed for them even if an individual state allows them.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2012, 07:08:17 PM »
RPG-7
Even if the intruder tries to escape with a car you can walk to road, aim and there will be nothing but piece of shit melted by liquid copper left.
Cost-effective, tried and proven, reliable, many options to choose from for grenade, no recoil, even yankee loves it although too full of themselves to praise it.

agreed. if i could choose any weapon, it'd be the rpg 7 hands down. high explosives rounds, or even anti tank rounds.

almost 1000ft per second, you give it 4 seconds, it gives you death over 3000 feet away. theres no delay like in the movies, no, its 'I pull the trigger and you're dead'

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2012, 07:15:44 PM »
handgun with hollow points FTW

queer

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2012, 07:22:28 PM »
Shows how much people know about firearms on this site... Unreal the stupidity in the US... "AR-15", "AK-47" yeahhhhh lets shoot so it goes through our walls, through our neighbors walls and kills others... 12 gauge 4 shot is best for home defense, not really an argument...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2012, 07:25:34 PM »
While technically not illegal, they are banned in many states. They are also classified as Destructive Devices here, and require a good amount of State and Federal paperwork and taxes to be filed for them even if an individual state allows them.

Well at least we know it's effective.  :D

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2012, 07:26:20 PM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2012, 07:38:51 PM »
Shows how much people know about firearms on this site... Unreal the stupidity in the US... "AR-15", "AK-47" yeahhhhh lets shoot so it goes through our walls, through our neighbors walls and kills others... 12 gauge 4 shot is best for home defense, not really an argument...
5.56 will only go through walls if you miss...

As I said earlier, for the average person, a shotgun is probably best. Btw, im pretty sure that most of those rounds arent going to go through your wall, outside and through the neighbors wall without deflecting.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2012, 07:42:37 PM »

As I said earlier, for the average person, a shotgun is probably best. Btw, im pretty sure that most of those rounds arent going to go through your wall, outside and through the neighbors wall without deflecting.
Exactly. I got a shotgun waiting on a mofo if someone tries to get in.

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2012, 07:47:19 PM »
Yeah and I'm sure nobody misses.  If its jacketed a 5.56 will DEF go through someone AND continue to go through a wall.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2012, 07:48:55 PM »
Yeah and I'm sure nobody misses.  If its jacketed a 5.56 will DEF go through someone AND continue to go through a wall.

You realize the 5.56mm ball is designed to tumble on impact, right?

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2012, 07:50:02 PM »

double aught.. bird shot?

very painful death for the intruder

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »
No... My 5.45 x 39mm tumbles.. it has a hollow cavity and is a boat tail... basic 5.56 isnt a tumbling round...

You realize the 5.56mm ball is designed to tumble on impact, right?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2012, 08:01:20 PM »
No... My 5.45 x 39mm tumbles.. it has a hollow cavity and is a boat tail... basic 5.56 isnt a tumbling round...

Thats why I saw 5.56 BALL. The standard 5.56mm NATO round is designed to tumble.

The 5.56×45mm NATO (official NATO nomenclature 5.56 NATO) is a rifle cartridge developed in the United States and originally chambered in the M16 rifle. Under STANAG 4172, it is a standard cartridge for NATO forces as well as many non-NATO countries.[2] It is derived from, but not identical to, the .223 Remington cartridge. When the bullet impacts at high velocity and yaws[3] in tissue, fragmentation creates a rapid transfer of energy which can result in dramatic wounding effects.[4][5][6]