Author Topic: Throw me some tips at personal training!  (Read 5705 times)

jwb

• Getbig V
Re: Throw me some tips at personal training!
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2007, 06:30:50 PM »
Is there an age when a person is too old to be a personal trainer and do gyms like 24 hour fitness and golds tend to hier younger people?  I'm 39 and thinking about NASM certification.
i know a guy that started in his 50's and has tons of clients... all baby boomers

Jeriko

• Getbig II
  • Do you want to win the war on terror? Yes or No?
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2007, 07:37:49 PM »
you're not in San Diego are you?  I'll be hiring a couple PTs soon.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2007, 07:42:54 PM »
That's a $500 book you better be right!!
Ebay it or osmething lol but tust me its worth it. Maybe you can download it somewhere?

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2007, 07:49:24 PM »
Figgs, I just bought the ACE study package.  It comes with quite a bit of study material (books, workbooks, DVD, CD's).  I called around the Chicago-land area and found that most places recognize ACE as well as NSCA (whether it be CSCS or CPT), NASM, and ACSM.  I don't know where in particular you're looking to work but for instance one chain (Lifetime Fitness) ONLY hires NASM certified.
Anyway, good luck with which ever certification you choose.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2007, 07:49:32 PM »
hahahaha, you forgot the old Talking on the Cell Phone in Code about Pending Steroid Deals While Counting Reps on the Ab Crunch Machine.

lololoz
X

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2007, 09:52:02 PM »
Figgs, I just bought the ACE study package.  It comes with quite a bit of study material (books, workbooks, DVD, CD's).  I called around the Chicago-land area and found that most places recognize ACE as well as NSCA (whether it be CSCS or CPT), NASM, and ACSM.  I don't know where in particular you're looking to work but for instance one chain (Lifetime Fitness) ONLY hires NASM certified.
Anyway, good luck with which ever certification you choose.

PM me if you want a PT job in Chicago.  I tried to PM you but, alas:  User 'mar10s' has blocked your personal message.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2007, 09:56:32 PM »
PM me if you want a PT job in Chicago.  I tried to PM you but, alas:  User 'mar10s' has blocked your personal message.
hahahha ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2007, 11:43:23 AM »
You might want to carve out a niche for yourself.  It seems like everyone is a certified personal trainer, because certifications can basically come off the back of a cereal box.  Most trainers seem to only be up to date with the knoweldge that was present at the time they took their exams (same with doctors!).  However, specializing in some smaller subgroups could payoff big.  Some examples:

1.  Pregnant women (I imagine you need some heavy insurance for this though; obstetricians have been sued 18 years after they have delivered the baby)
2.  Crash dieters such as women getting married in 6 weeks
3.  training after common inuries such as groin pulls or hernias
4.  transexuals
5.  cripples

That's what I would go for.  Imagine your name on a business card saying you specialize in transexuals and cripples. 

Jeriko

• Getbig II
  • Do you want to win the war on terror? Yes or No?
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2007, 04:20:38 PM »

Imagine your name on a business card saying you specialize in transexuals and cripples. 

LMAO

However you do bring up a good point. Specializing in specific subgroups can be very profitable.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2007, 10:30:51 PM »
True but a CSCS only helps in the hiring desicion, not very many S&C coachs WITHOUT a CSCS and yes, I can bury you with the "shit" I know. BTW, when are you going to post your pics from your swim meet?
hang on tight lubejob....they're coming.and for the record....u don't know shit.

The Coach

« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2007, 10:39:59 PM »
hang on tight lubejob....they're coming.and for the record....u don't know shit.

1. WTF are you talking about?

2. Try me!

3. How'd the swim meet go......did ya win? Or are you ready to be owned yet?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2007, 12:39:45 AM »
1. WTF are you talking about?

2. Try me!

3. How'd the swim meet go......did ya win? Or are you ready to be owned yet?
listem mr aa big shot....i actually had the chance to play a bit of tennis on the professional tour as in atp tour. so next time u talk about athletes please don't include youself. I don't need to "try " u...i've already read your crappy posts.