Author Topic: 60% of FOX news false?  (Read 13845 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: 60% of FOX news false?
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2015, 12:26:55 PM »
I do recall FOX reporting false facts when certain Tea Party groups would get together...FOX would often inflate the actual number of people there to try to make tea party support seem bigger than it actually is...I think they got caught twice doing this

So they just invented a number?  Sounds awfully weak.  

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2015, 12:29:36 PM »
true but the tactic on both sides is also ignoring the fact that both sides ARE JUST AS BAD AS THE OTHER.  this is why im done voting.

CNN is 80% true.

FOX is 60% false.

Thats a huge difference.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2015, 12:32:59 PM »

CNN is 80% true.

FOX is 60% false.

Thats a huge difference.

sure but let's just pretend they are all equally as bad

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2015, 12:33:35 PM »

CNN is 80% true.

FOX is 60% false.

Thats a huge difference.

yes it is.  I wonder what MSNBC was.    I'm sure they were close to CNN.  Liberal news stations don't lie nearly as much as FOX.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2015, 12:35:15 PM »
i'm also assuming that when other people cite CNN as a source that you guys will defer to them as a good source of info.  right?  I do now.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2015, 12:36:40 PM »
When Mark Foley, a Republican, of Florida was linked to suggestive emails, Fox originally tagged him as a Democrat, rather than fix the mistake entirely, when the same graphic was used latter on O'Reilly's show, the party tag was missing entirely

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2015, 12:44:52 PM »
yes it is.  I wonder what MSNBC was.    I'm sure they were close to CNN.  Liberal news stations don't lie nearly as much as FOX.

MSNBC  54% false.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2015, 12:46:34 PM »

take the example of stories about climate change in 2013

Fox coverage was 72% misleading and MSNBC was 8% misleading

let's go around and round up 8% to 72% and just say they are both equally bad

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2015, 12:46:48 PM »
When Mark Foley, a Republican, of Florida was linked to suggestive emails, Fox originally tagged him as a Democrat, rather than fix the mistake entirely, when the same graphic was used latter on O'Reilly's show, the party tag was missing entirely

Blacken is still a proud graduate of the Joe Biden School of Plagiarism.  lol

Bodhisattva answered 5 years ago
When Mark Foley, a Republican, of Florida was linked to suggestive emails, Fox originally tagged him as a Democrat, rather than fix the mistake entirely, when the same graphic was used latter on O'Reilly's show, the party tag was missing entirely.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100517185209AAkPwfb

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2015, 12:50:15 PM »
take the example of stories about climate change in 2013

Fox coverage was 72% misleading and MSNBC was 8% misleading

let's go around and round up 8% to 72% and just say they are both equally bad

now you're cherry picking stats and ignoring that MSNBC is still lying about 50% of the time.  my question is why?  they're not a serious news station.  either is FOX.  why are you defending a station that's right up there with FOX with lying?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2015, 12:50:54 PM »
just more honest mistakes by the 60% lying fox news

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2015, 12:53:24 PM »
just more honest mistakes by the 60% lying fox news

awesome.  now post some of the lies from MSNBC.  seeing as you're so fair and balanced.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2015, 12:53:41 PM »
Blacken is still a proud graduate of the Joe Biden School of Plagiarism.  lol

Bodhisattva answered 5 years ago
When Mark Foley, a Republican, of Florida was linked to suggestive emails, Fox originally tagged him as a Democrat, rather than fix the mistake entirely, when the same graphic was used latter on O'Reilly's show, the party tag was missing entirely.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100517185209AAkPwfb

just keep covering for your lying news source,it's no wonder your so fucking dumb :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2015, 12:54:09 PM »
Here is an example of an invented news story.  

NBC News Admits 'Error' In Editing Of George Zimmerman 911 Call
Posted: 04/03/2012 5:54 pm EDT Updated: 06/03/2012 5:12 am EDT

NBC News is admitting that it made an "error" editing a recording of George Zimmerman's 911 call moments before he shot Trayvon Martin.

"Today" aired an edited version of Zimmerman's call to the police in a segment about Martin. The show's audio made it sound as though Zimmerman had volunteered that Martin was "black." In actuality, the 911 officer asked if the "suspicious person" he was calling about was "black, white or Hispanic."

NBC News launched an internal investigation into the story. On Tuesday, the network expressed "regret" for the omission, and apologized to its viewers.

"During our investigation it became evident that there was an error made in the production process that we deeply regret," NBC News said in a statement to the Hollywood Reporter. "We will be taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening in the future and apologize to our viewers."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/03/nbc-news-trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-911-call_n_1401167.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2015, 12:55:07 PM »
your so fucking dumb

Bwahaha  ;D

So why did you plagiarize again? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2015, 12:57:22 PM »
awesome.  now post some of the lies from MSNBC.  seeing as you're so fair and balanced.

I must have missed it is anyone covering for MSNBC like beachbum is ball lapping for fox ;D

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2015, 01:02:23 PM »

CNN is 80% true.

FOX is 60% false.

Thats a huge difference.

also 80% is HALF TRUE OR BETTER for CNN.  so it's not 80% true.  yay news stations!

I just find it funny how you're all being lied to and you sit around bragging about who's lying to you the least and touting them as "good sources of news".  it's adorable how you all believe in this shit.  i'm sure you're one of those people who cry at presidential inaugurations.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2015, 01:03:45 PM »
I must have missed it is anyone covering for MSNBC like beachbum is ball lapping for fox ;D

CNN is 80% true.

FOX is 60% false.

Thats a huge difference.

whork is, considering this is what he took from the original article.  why did he ignore the stat on MSNBC?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2015, 01:05:30 PM »
I really do love my wife.  in fact 80% of what she tells me is half true or better.  it's awesome having a person in your life who you can trust.........80% of the time.....to tell you a half truth.........um....wait .

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2015, 01:21:47 PM »
now you're cherry picking stats and ignoring that MSNBC is still lying about 50% of the time.  my question is why?  they're not a serious news station.  either is FOX.  why are you defending a station that's right up there with FOX with lying?

I'm not  ignoring it.

the claim but "punditfact" ( http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/nbc/) claims "This scorecard shows the ratings for statements made on air by MSNBC and NBC personalities and their pundit guests"

Go to this link and take a look at their examples:  http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/nbc/

Many of these "NBC" lies are right wing republicans lying on their network. 

My link was about a specific topic over a specific period of time showing a blatant (72% misleading) intent to mislead on a specific subject

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2015, 01:23:51 PM »
and one more that wouldn't fit in the last post

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2015, 01:29:09 PM »
politifact?   ::)

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2015, 01:31:56 PM »
I'm not  ignoring it.

the claim but "punditfact" ( http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/nbc/) claims "This scorecard shows the ratings for statements made on air by MSNBC and NBC personalities and their pundit guests"

Go to this link and take a look at their examples:  http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/nbc/

My link was about a specific topic over a specific period of time showing a blatant (72% misleading) intent to mislead on a specific subject

not sure if you understand what I mean by "cherry picking" facts.  you refuted my accusation of cherry picking facts by cherry picking more facts.  all I see here are libs and conservatives telling lies and half truths.  you should reread your post.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2015, 01:38:43 PM »
I'm not  ignoring it.

so are you saying that FOX doesn't have left wing pundits lying on their news station?  they do.  that's why the FOX pundits get to yell at people to get ratings.  and I read the original article, it explicitly says that it is by station, not by who says it.  so FOX would have the same problem as MSNBC in that respect, but you simply chose to ignore that FACT.  come on man.  this is getting silly

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2015, 01:41:19 PM »
well let's agree both fox and msnbc are garbage,i can buy that