Author Topic: Storing test  (Read 2005 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Storing test
« on: August 22, 2013, 04:51:10 AM »
Hypothetically speaking, say someone were to buy a couple of years' worth of test. What is the best way to store that? Does it need to be refrigerated, or would a "cool, dark place" suffice? Is there a shelf-life on this stuff.

whitewidow

Re: Storing test
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 05:08:12 AM »
Hypothetically speaking, say someone were to buy a couple of years' worth of test. What is the best way to store that? Does it need to be refrigerated, or would a "cool, dark place" suffice? Is there a shelf-life on this stuff.

vaccum seal the extra viles and buy a insulated bag they sell at walgreens for medications,they are cheap like 12-15$ and put the vaccum sealed vials in the insulated bag. I have a few of them I keep my meds in.

They put a 2 year shelf life but honestly even if 3 years had gone by the gear would still be good I think some say the potentcy drops maybe 5% per year after 2 years. So it would stay good for quite awhile.

I wouldn't buy more then you need even though they might have a bulk deal going on. It is always just best to buy what you are going to use,maybe buy just a extra vial or two but don't go to overboard. I know the bulk deals are tempting but just buy what you need, you never know how you will react to the gear and you never know what new brand may come out.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 05:43:55 AM »
Cool dark place, no need to refrigerate. Vacuum sealing would be a good idea.

trengrowth

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 07:01:27 AM »
If it gets to cold it can crash.. whitewidow is correct about the vacuum sealing, but it really isnt necessary, vialed test SHOULD have a 4 year shelf life.

whitewidow

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 07:50:49 AM »
If it gets to cold it can crash.. whitewidow is correct about the vacuum sealing, but it really isnt necessary, vialed test SHOULD have a 4 year shelf life.

probably longer. the quality would drop about 5% after 2 years so by year 4 it would probably drop about 10-15% in quality

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 10:14:52 AM »
vaccum seal the extra viles and buy a insulated bag they sell at walgreens for medications,they are cheap like 12-15$ and put the vaccum sealed vials in the insulated bag. I have a few of them I keep my meds in.

They put a 2 year shelf life but honestly even if 3 years had gone by the gear would still be good I think some say the potentcy drops maybe 5% per year after 2 years. So it would stay good for quite awhile.

I wouldn't buy more then you need even though they might have a bulk deal going on. It is always just best to buy what you are going to use,maybe buy just a extra vial or two but don't go to overboard. I know the bulk deals are tempting but just buy what you need, you never know how you will react to the gear and you never know what new brand may come out.

Good advice. Plus, with all of the AI and PCT, the actual gear is the smallest part of the order.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 10:36:10 AM »
I store all my gear in an air tight case that holds a few shoeboxes full of whatever.  As long as it is kept at a moderate temperature and dry it will be fine.  Keeping it air tight is a plus.

I've kept gear for 3-4 years and it was fine, it's not going to degrade at all for a long time.

8)