Author Topic: Laura Bush on Iraq: 'No one suffers more than their president and I do'  (Read 7377 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
 ::)

According to the first lady, when it comes to Iraq, "No one suffers more than their president and I do."

During an interview on NBC's Today show Wednesday concerning Malaria Awareness Day, Laura Bush talked to Ann Curry about "other challenges her husband is facing."

"You know the American people are suffering watching --," Curry said to the first lady.

"Oh, I know that very much," Laura Bush responded. "And believe me, no one suffers more than their president and I do when we watch this, and certainly the commander in chief, who has asked our military to go into harm's way."

Curry then asked, "What do you think the American public need to know about your husband?"

"Well, I hope they do know the burden, the worry that's on his shoulders every single day for our troops," Bush said. "And I think they do. I mean, I think if they don't, they're not seeing what the real responsibilities of our president are."

The first lady admitted that "it's absolutely hard" to watch her husband "in this."

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Laura_Bush_No_one_suffers_more_0425.html

Purge_WTF

Quote from: Berserker link=topic=144555.msg2035179#msg2035179 date=1177674959The first lady admitted that "it's absolutely hard" to watch her husband "in this."[/quote

And THAT'S what kills her the most--not the troops perishing.

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
i dunno... how bout the 650k iraqis killed

statements like these = why everyone whose not amreekan hates amreekans

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
I know ur so right ::)..thats why everybody wants to come here. The fucking Europeans can't make a decision on anything to save their lives. They are quickly allowing their countries to become islamist states. Besides that they have a blood drenched history of invasions, oppression and warfare that makes us look like unruly children in comparision. I assuming that your not from American. U idiots are all jealous that u have lost economic power and importance. Yeah iraq was a mistake...if that had been the Ieffel tower on 911..u wusses would have hugged it out. Gimme a break ::)
L

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
oh my fucking god

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Tre..sorry man but I'm done having people bad mouth this country, especially with marginally racist tirades that have no basis in historical fact....I'm referencing this guys other posts.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Tre..sorry man but I'm done having people bad mouth this country, especially with marginally racist tirades that have no basis in historical fact....I'm referencing this guys other posts.
I might be wrong but I think he was OMFGing Laura's comments.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
::)

According to the first lady, when it comes to Iraq, "No one suffers more than their president and I do."

During an interview on NBC's Today show Wednesday concerning Malaria Awareness Day, Laura Bush talked to Ann Curry about "other challenges her husband is facing."

"You know the American people are suffering watching --," Curry said to the first lady.

"Oh, I know that very much," Laura Bush responded. "And believe me, no one suffers more than their president and I do when we watch this, and certainly the commander in chief, who has asked our military to go into harm's way."

Curry then asked, "What do you think the American public need to know about your husband?"

"Well, I hope they do know the burden, the worry that's on his shoulders every single day for our troops," Bush said. "And I think they do. I mean, I think if they don't, they're not seeing what the real responsibilities of our president are."

The first lady admitted that "it's absolutely hard" to watch her husband "in this."

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Laura_Bush_No_one_suffers_more_0425.html

She should send her daughter over there and get her killed and then talk about her burden.

Otherwise the Bitch needs to shut the fuck up.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
i dunno... how bout the 650k iraqis killed

statements like these = why everyone whose not amreekan hates amreekans

where did that number come from?

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
I might be wrong but I think he was OMFGing Laura's comments.

he was talking about my comments on the 911 reason thread ... not surprisingly he hasnt cracked open a history text book

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

Not you, HH6 - Berserker was correct in assuming that I was just shocked by what came out of Laura B's mouth. 

That would be akin to me saying that "I can feel every dead soldier's pain" when nothing could be further from the truth, to say nothing of the sheer ARROGANCE it requires to make such a statement. 

>:(

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Funny..I was a history major in college....double major actually history and English..my concentration was in French and British colonial warfare from the mid 1800's on. I'm well aware of history. Besides that I will be at the US Army war college for the next 3 years so anything u would like to talkabout I'm sure I can dig up plenty of crap to debate u with.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Not you, HH6 - Berserker was correct in assuming that I was just shocked by what came out of Laura B's mouth. 

That would be akin to me saying that "I can feel every dead soldier's pain" when nothing could be further from the truth, to say nothing of the sheer ARROGANCE it requires to make such a statement. 

>:(

Yeah..sorry man......yeah a bit crazy to say the least. I kinda get what she means but it could have been worded alot better.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
What really pisses me off is her 2004 speech at the republican convention where she talks about Bush agonizing with making the decision to go to war, "I remember some very quiet nights at the dinner table. George was weighing grim scenarios and ominous intelligence about potentially even more devastating attacks. I listened many nights as George talked with foreign leaders on the phone, or in our living room, or at our ranch in Crawford. I remember an intense weekend at Camp David. George and Prime Minister Tony Blair were discussing the threat from Saddam Hussein. And I remember sitting in the window of the White House, watching as my husband walked on the lawn below. I knew he was wrestling with these agonizing decisions that would have such profound consequence for so many lives and for the future of our world." Of course, this, all pure bullshit as there never was an agonizing decision making process, Bush was going to have war with Iraq come hell or high water.  The Downing Street Memos, fake intelligence agency at the pentagon and other efforts all reveal that the decision to go to war was already made long before the time we were watching things unfold.  ::)  I could not get up in front of the nation with such bullshit lies.  how do these people sleep?

youandme

• Getbig V
where did that number come from?

United Nations

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Bush has been plotting invading Iraq for a long time, before 9/11 and according to some credible sources before he was elected.

These kind of quotes don't particularly bother me, people that live such insular lives as First Ladies are often far out of touch with reality. She might even believe that ridiculous quote although I doubt it.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Tre..sorry man but I'm done having people bad mouth this country,

i love this country...

bush is scum

does that clarify it..

if you love this country..then you MUST despise bush and his tyrant ways..

hows them for reverse apples eh?  ;)
carpe` vaginum!

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
United Nations

Better check it again then, last UN report I heard was under 100,000. Be careful to check what they are counting as deaths.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Better check it again then, last UN report I heard was under 100,000. Be careful to check what they are counting as deaths.

That 600,000+ number has been discredited. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!

by who?

wait..ya bomb the fuck out of a country..remember the initial attack..

and claim only a few died..

R YOU FUCKING  KIDDING ME?

exactly how stupid r you?
carpe` vaginum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
by who?

wait..ya bomb the fuck out of a country..remember the initial attack..

and claim only a few died..

R YOU FUCKING  KIDDING ME?

exactly how stupid r you?

::)  Look it up yourself. 

And you really shouldn't call anyone stupid until you learn how to write better than a third grader. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
::)  Look it up yourself. 

And you really shouldn't call anyone stupid until you learn how to write better than a third grader. 
honey bunny..my high skool diploma has a uni of cambridge stamp on it...

i only make an effort for those who r worthy..

white trash dont deserve me making an effort..
 :-\

sorry mate....i grew up almost as a prince..you r beneath me ..hense..i dont hafta sound brilliant  :)
carpe` vaginum!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination

Whether or not it's below that marker it's still a shitload of people.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Whether or not it's below that marker it's still a shitload of people.

3 people died in the precision US attack..just 3..

and all 3 were grown males that had connections to al-queda..

no women and children died..

remember christian bombs dont hurt women and children..jesus ..err bush..blessed em..
carpe` vaginum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
honey bunny..my high skool diploma has a uni of cambridge stamp on it...

i only make an effort for those who r worthy..

white trash dont deserve me making an effort..
 :-\

sorry mate....i grew up almost as a prince..you r beneath me ..hense..i dont hafta sound brilliant  :)

Sure you did.   ::)  Here's a hint:  people who are smart and wealthy never have to try and convince people they are smart and wealthy.  

And don't worry about not sounding brilliant.  You got the covered quite well.