Author Topic: No prez debates in 2016.... Benefits repubs... agreed?  (Read 1315 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
No prez debates in 2016.... Benefits repubs... agreed?
« on: August 06, 2013, 09:34:16 AM »
Without the early party debates, we would have had Rick Perry winning the nomination.
Without the prez debates, Romney wins the election.

RNC chair is looking for a petty excuse to cancel the 2016 debates... and politically, it's a very smart move.   

RNC chair complains about Hillary biopics: ‘We have to control the referees’

Source: Raw Story

Republican National Committee chair Reince Priebus decried two upcoming biographical film projects involving former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Monday, as well as what he and Fox News host Sean Hannity characterized as a “traveling circus” debate schedule involving GOP candidates.

“We have to control the referees that we’re bringing into our playground,” Priebus told Hannity. “Right now I can’t trust two organizations that are willing to spend millions of their own dollars in promoting a candidate that they know is gearing up to run for president.”

Both NBC and CNN announced upcoming films on Clinton, a potential front-runner for the Democratic Party nomination in 2016 if she enters the race, prompting Priebus to threaten to boycott both networks.

“I think it’s just about time that our party stands up and protects the party and our candidates from networks that are not in the business of promoting our party,” Priebus said to Hannity. “They’re not in the business of promoting our candidates. They’re not in the business of doing anything but promoting the Democratic party, and I’m not gonna sit around and watch this happen anymore.”

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: No prez debates in 2016.... Benefits repubs... agreed?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 09:53:09 AM »
That's not what I gathered from reading that piece.

Looks like they are trying to lighten the debate schedule which was a bit much in 2012 and also looking to do away with companies that they feel are biased.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 10:18:01 AM »
the less talking they do the better for the GOP
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 10:49:33 AM »
That's not what I gathered from reading that piece.

Looks like they are trying to lighten the debate schedule which was a bit much in 2012 and also looking to do away with companies that they feel are biased.

there were something like 15 or 18 primary debates... then THREE for POTUS.

I might have mis-read it... I thought they were trying to limit the POTUS debates.  I'm fine with the RNC controlling which channels host the GOP debates.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 10:55:57 AM »
Why would the GOP talk less?

Republicans currently dominate on the state level (executive and legislative). Obama's policies are being fought all over the country in the courts by states. GOP has the congressional districting in their favor til 2020ish with Congress poised to go even further to the right in 2014.

Make no mistake Hilary is a juggernaut if she runs in 2016 but Obamas influence is DONE, unless he outright tries to abuse his powers. He won't be able to pass any measurable legislation that holds up. Low 40s approval rating plus a majority portion of this country that overwhelming hates his top law passed (ObamaCare). Democrats are running away from him and his policies, he can't campaign for anyone at this point.

Obama would be just as effective sitting on the porch drinking ice tea and smoking cigarettes than getting up making any "blame others speeches" that people just roll their eyes at. The very definition of a powerless, ineffective, lame duck presidency the next 3 years forward.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 10:57:15 AM »
there were something like 15 or 18 primary debates... then THREE for POTUS.

I might have mis-read it... I thought they were trying to limit the POTUS debates.  I'm fine with the RNC controlling which channels host the GOP debates.

The schedule did seem a bit much didn't it?

It seemed like we were on here every other day critiquing Bachman, Perry, Cain and the rest!  8)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 12:53:02 PM »
Without the early party debates, we would have had Rick Perry winning the nomination.
Without the prez debates, Romney wins the election.

RNC chair is looking for a petty excuse to cancel the 2016 debates... and politically, it's a very smart move.   

RNC chair complains about Hillary biopics: ‘We have to control the referees’

Source: Raw Story

Republican National Committee chair Reince Priebus decried two upcoming biographical film projects involving former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Monday, as well as what he and Fox News host Sean Hannity characterized as a “traveling circus” debate schedule involving GOP candidates.

“We have to control the referees that we’re bringing into our playground,” Priebus told Hannity. “Right now I can’t trust two organizations that are willing to spend millions of their own dollars in promoting a candidate that they know is gearing up to run for president.”

Both NBC and CNN announced upcoming films on Clinton, a potential front-runner for the Democratic Party nomination in 2016 if she enters the race, prompting Priebus to threaten to boycott both networks.

“I think it’s just about time that our party stands up and protects the party and our candidates from networks that are not in the business of promoting our party,” Priebus said to Hannity. “They’re not in the business of promoting our candidates. They’re not in the business of doing anything but promoting the Democratic party, and I’m not gonna sit around and watch this happen anymore.”

Where does it say there will be no presidential debates in 2016?

And how could the RNC control whether an individual participates in a presidential debate, much less an individual who hasn't been nominated? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 04:56:37 PM »
Where does it say there will be no presidential debates in 2016?

And how could the RNC control whether an individual participates in a presidential debate, much less an individual who hasn't been nominated? 
it doesnt and they didnt say it, he is lying yet again...

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 05:24:02 AM »
Edit the thread title. It is misleading but that is to be expected from any Democrat supporter.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 06:57:17 AM »
It wld be a sad thing if there were no debates...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 03:32:16 PM »
if the quote is some vague interpretation of what he said, a summary of 12 sentences, it's pretty weak shit.
[/quote]
but the quote is pretty weak stuff, that's all.  it's a fine article but the headline is yellow.  you can admit that.
wheres the quote there libtard?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 12:58:14 PM »
Instead of debates all the candidates should be required to create Getbig accounts and post for a month.