Author Topic: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe  (Read 54673 times)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe
« Reply #375 on: September 05, 2010, 01:26:23 PM »
Yes i already said that the Son was the first creation by God the father...this was in heaven. the physical birth was because earth has gravity and we eat, sleep...etc    The scripture state that there is a physical body and a spiritual body......serve different purposes.

I have already showed you that there is no such mention of a trinity of equality of these 2 persons and holy spirit.  dozens of scriptures state that they have a common purpose (like athletes on a football team) but are seperate beings.

So you believe Jesus was praying to himself.....hahahaha    You make it harder thn it is.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #376 on: September 05, 2010, 02:13:19 PM »
 WITF would jesus pray to his father, and his holy ghost/holy spirit, and hence, him self? ALL BS! Albert E. and Stephen H. are a combined I.Q. of what, 500? I will go with them.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #377 on: September 05, 2010, 02:14:34 PM »
WITF would jesus pray to his father, and his holy ghost/holy spirit, and hence, him self? ALL BS! Albert E. and Stephen H. are a combined I.Q. of what, 500? I will go with them.
arce posted a full sentence  :o

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #378 on: September 05, 2010, 04:23:47 PM »
These somewhat belligerent replies are why believers need to keep themselves collected and patient at all times.  Unfortunately we find a lot of nonbelievers that are on the attack and verbally abusive for no reason.  Yes, sometimes believes provoke nonbelievers and that's no way to present yourself or keep a healthy discussion going.  Now, not all nonbelievers react in this manner, but unfortunately many do.  Further, many nonbelievers are sweet, sincere, highly educated individuals who truly listen and engage in a healthy exchange with believers.  Those conversations are beneficial for both sides as we both leave with topics to consider without any anger or resentment.  I think whether we are believers or nonbelievers we're all intimated by things we don't understand and in those cases we often fight back when there isn't really any fight occurring.  Being a witness for Christ is not easy business and believers need to educate themselves in all facets of their faith so that they can better present themselves to nonbelievers.  The faith-based explanation is simply not enough for the adamant nonbeliever (in most cases).  Certainly present this aspect, but be prepared for the more finite discussion if you are able.  In this world of instant information and instant communication it's more important than ever to increase your knowledge base as angry debates are easily fueled by a google or two.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #379 on: September 05, 2010, 04:39:32 PM »
I've actually read that Einstein became a believer and I've also read that Einstein didn't become a full on believer but that he did belief in an intelligent designer of the universe.  Either way he denied atheism at the end of his life.

Proof please. 

Because he joked that "the old man doesn't play dice with the Universe" and didn't like the non-commutation between position and momentum in quantum mechanics, God squatters have used their well honed powers of logical reasoning to decide that Einstein has been proven to be a "believer." 
Y

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #380 on: September 05, 2010, 04:40:22 PM »

Because after taking the physical form of a human being that was sent to earth to die and be tortured for our sins, Jesus was afraid (as any normal human being would be) and he prayed to God (his father) to give him strength. = The obvious answer for anyone that is Christian

WTF would God, an omnipotent being, take human form and allow himself to be tortured and killed?= The logical question for any atheist or smart ass to ask.

WTF would you ask what amounts to a rhetorical question about why God would do anything, and WTF do you think you or Stephen Hawking or 240 or Bust or anyone else would have the "correct answer"? = The correct question.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #381 on: September 05, 2010, 04:54:54 PM »
Proof please. 

Because he joked that "the old man doesn't play dice with the Universe" and didn't like the non-commutation between position and momentum in quantum mechanics, God squatters have used their well honed powers of logical reasoning to decide that Einstein has been proven to be a "believer." 

einstein definitely believed in God. just maybe not the paternalistic God that most people think of.

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F10B1EFC3E54167A93C7AB178FD85F4D8285F9

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #382 on: September 05, 2010, 05:07:43 PM »
WTF would you ask what amounts to a rhetorical question about why God would do anything, and WTF do you think you or Stephen Hawking or 240 or Bust or anyone else would have the "correct answer"? = The correct question.

yeah, i'm definitely more full of shit on the topic than hawking, but he's full of shit too.

we're all just guessing.  we'd have to ask a dead person what happens when we die.

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #383 on: September 05, 2010, 05:09:23 PM »

Father God, please forgive me for all my sins and please forgive me for all the people that I have wronged and hurt. Help me become a better person and a reflection of your Son who gave his life for me, whom you have sent to die in my place.

I know I am a sinner and I am in need of a savior. Please come into my life and give me a new heart.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #384 on: September 05, 2010, 05:13:57 PM »
einstein definitely believed in God. just maybe not the paternalistic God that most people think of.

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F10B1EFC3E54167A93C7AB178FD85F4D8285F9

You must have shit where your brains should be.  Did you "buy" the "article" to see what it said after the misleading abstract?  That stupid fucking "Spinoza's God" thing gets puked out every time Einstein and religion come into question.  

Buy the rest of the "article" and you'll see that the abstract is a total fucking lie.  
Y

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #385 on: September 05, 2010, 05:37:16 PM »
You must have shit where your brains should be.  Did you "buy" the "article" to see what it said after the misleading abstract?  That stupid fucking "Spinoza's God" thing gets puked out every time Einstein and religion come into question.  

Buy the rest of the "article" and you'll see that the abstract is a total fucking lie.  
ya, thats exactly what he says.

"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings" - Einstein

not debateable..  einstein = panthiest

Harry Spotter

• Getbig II
« Reply #386 on: September 05, 2010, 06:26:24 PM »
not debateable..  einstein = panthiest

that is to say, God is in fact god.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #387 on: September 05, 2010, 07:01:17 PM »
Well let me ask you why sea animals felt the need to evolve to come on land?? Proven link between land and sea animals??

LOL if you truely believe humans evolved from fish then I have some beachfront property in North Dakota to sell you. ;D

We got some Kool Aid drinkers in these here parts. :P

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #388 on: September 05, 2010, 07:07:52 PM »
LOL if you truely believe humans evolved from fish then I have some beachfront property in North Dakota to sell you. ;D

We got some Kool Aid drinkers in these here parts. :P

So, human beings were just "poof" put on earth the way we are now??? Grow up
You Can't Do It!!!

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #389 on: September 05, 2010, 07:15:57 PM »
So, human beings were just "poof" put on earth the way we are now??? Grow up

As opposed to a fish that grew into a human lol. If you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you! ;D

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #390 on: September 05, 2010, 07:21:43 PM »

As opposed to a fish that grew into a human lol. If you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you! ;D

So you don't believe in evolution in any form??? I never said fish became humans by the way
You Can't Do It!!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #391 on: September 05, 2010, 07:28:01 PM »
Proof please.  

The first part I read online when doing some surfing surrounding the origin of life, Darwinism, carbon dating and metaphysics (I don't document my googling).  The second I read in a book called the "Case For A Creator" by Lee Strobel.

doison, I know you didn't like my initial comments about imaginery numbers, but you'll just have to let it go......sorry bout that.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #392 on: September 05, 2010, 07:30:51 PM »

Father God, please forgive me for all my sins and please forgive me for all the people that I have wronged and hurt. Help me become a better person and a reflection of your Son who gave his life for me, whom you have sent to die in my place.

I know I am a sinner and I am in need of a savior. Please come into my life and give me a new heart.

Regardless of any Getbig debating, this is all that truly matters.  I hope others come to understand this post in time.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #393 on: September 05, 2010, 07:31:42 PM »
The first part I read online when doing some surfing surrounding the origin of life, Darwinism, carbon dating and metaphysics (I don't document my googling).  The second I read in a book called the "Case For A Creator" by Lee Strobel.

doison, I know you didn't like my initial comments about imaginery numbers, but you'll just have to let it go......sorry bout that.

Who really gives a damn if Einstein was a believer??? I mean if we can ever achieve time travel all would be disproven of the myth of what really happened with jesus
You Can't Do It!!!

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #394 on: September 05, 2010, 07:34:59 PM »
Regardless of any Getbig debating, this is all that truly matters.  I hope others come to understand this post in time.

So I guess mankind was doomed before the scripture was written...After all there were stories written about a jesus like character hundreds of years before the jesus of the christian faith....Research it and come back with you your arguements...Please bring them on
You Can't Do It!!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #395 on: September 05, 2010, 07:44:46 PM »
So I guess mankind was doomed before the scripture was written...After all there were stories written about a jesus like character hundreds of years before the jesus of the christian faith....Research it and come back with you your arguements...Please bring them on

I won't be bringing anything on.  We all saw Religulous and have Google.  I've read about the Sun god, Hindu gods, etc...and their similarities to Christ.  I read the pro and con positions.  Like I mentioned earlier, debating about God on Getbig is practically pointless unless it somehow plants a seed for nonbelievers to later pursue questions about salvation and faith in Christ.   I'm sorry, but been there and done that on the Getbig God debate....lesson learned.

I'm sure you'll find other takers for 12-20 page thread debates.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: September 05, 2010, 07:47:33 PM »
Who really gives a damn if Einstein was a believer??? I mean if we can ever achieve time travel all would be disproven of the myth of what really happened with jesus

All I did was confirm for another poster that I had also read two similar positions about Einstein's beliefs later in his life.  Be angry at the author not me.  All we do on Getbig is regurgitate what we read somewhere else.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #397 on: September 05, 2010, 07:55:05 PM »
All I did was confirm for another poster that I had also read two similar positions about Einstein's beliefs later in his life.  Be angry at the author not me.  All we do on Getbig is regurgitate what we read somewhere else.

I am not angry....Just wish the best for those whom are ignorant..If it makes you feel better about your being than so be it....You, your family and anyone else you know will suffer at one point in time....Let your God not let this happen and I will believe in something other than natural process....
You Can't Do It!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #398 on: September 05, 2010, 08:10:56 PM »
I am not angry....Just wish the best for those whom are ignorant..If it makes you feel better about your being than so be it....You, your family and anyone else you know will suffer at one point in time....Let your God not let this happen and I will believe in something other than natural process....
no up without down, no happyness without suffering. everything is dependant upon its opposite. part of God's brilliance- yin and yang.  shouldnt dissuade you from belief, it should fascinate and amaze

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #399 on: September 05, 2010, 08:15:47 PM »

Two months ago I came home from work at lunch to take care of my 5 month old daughter that was sick.  My wife had taken the morning shift so she left for work.  I went upstairs, gave my daughter a bottle and put her in crib for a nap.  As I walked downstairs i fell down the last part of the stairs and dislocated my knee and hurt my quad.  I visited a local medclinic and my pirmary doctor over the course of the next two weeks.  I got an MRI of my leg and knee the day of my visit with my primary doctor.  During the MRI procedure my knee dislocated twice.  I sat with the injury for two weeks before seeing an othropedist that told me I needed immediate surgery.  It was revealed that I had torn the tendons that attach my quad to my knee cap and tore my vastus medialis...the MRI didn't fully show this.  I had surgery the day before my birthday and was sent home the day of my birthday.  Two weeks later I was taken by ambulance to our local hospital emergency room for extreme shortness of breathe, sweating and fatigue.  It was revealed that I had developed a blood clot in my leg and the one of the largest blood clots some of the doctors and nurses had ever seen in my lung.  The cardiologist and pulmonoligist on site in the hospital told me and my family that IF I live I'd be in the ICU for 4-6 weeks minimum, and that my chances of surival were extremely touch and go for a long while.  They prepared my family for the worst in private.  My family and friends prayed over me and for me privately for the next couple of days.  I was released from ICU 2.5 days later with the fastest, unexpected, unexplained recovery the doctors had seen.  At this point I'd spent almost 6 weeks in hell.  So, why did God choose to put me through this?  I can't tell you exactly why, but I will tell you that my marriage (which was already solid) was strengthened 10 fold.  My personal faith was strengthened. My wife has recognized a potential in herself she never realeased she had as a woman, wife and mother.  The relationships in my family were strengthened.  I know God led me by the hand and out of the grave I had one foot in.  He's given me a new lease on life and I thank him.  He's taught me to trust in him and I love him for it.  The road hasn't been easy and I'm still on it  He's allowed me and my family to suffer like never before and we've only arrived renewed with our faith strengthened.