Author Topic: Unarmed Black Man shot by police while calming autistic patient with hands up  (Read 4698 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
So there really are a couple of facts missing here... police were called for a suicide attempt, but what happened and how did it escalate?  the autistic guy had a toy truck apparently that's why they shot.  But why did they shoot the caretaker and not the autistic guy.  Was he trying to take the toy truck from him when they shot.  That is not explained.  Either way, it is extremely sad.

This scenario is a legit nightmare of mine as I have an autistic brother with limited speech and functionality.... I can totally see a situation get out of hand by accident because his lack of understanding can be deemed by police as lack of cooperation.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
So there really are a couple of facts missing here... police were called for a suicide attempt, but what happened and how did it escalate?  the autistic guy had a toy truck apparently that's why they shot.  But why did they shoot the caretaker and not the autistic guy.  Was he trying to take the toy truck from him when they shot.  That is not explained.  Either way, it is extremely sad.

This scenario is a legit nightmare of mine as I have an autistic brother with limited speech and functionality.... I can totally see a situation get out of hand by accident because his lack of understanding can be deemed by police as lack of cooperation.

The police may have misinterpreted the autistic man's reactions for being attacked.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Whenever I read these types of stories I always try to put myself in the shoes of the police officer. Remember these are people that deal with the scum of the earth day in and day out.  So of course they are going to be extremely edgy.  Especially now society had grown to stop respecting the police. Growing up, I was taught always be on my best behavior with police. "yes sir, no sir", no sudden movements, hands on the steering wheel when pulled over, explaining to the officer my every move, like taking out my registration, even as far as asking for permission, "is it OK to get my registration from the glove compartment?".   I'm 34 years old and still behave this way when I get pulled over.

As long as you are polite and cooperative, 99% of the time the whole thing will go smoothly.  If you believe you were stopped unfairly, take it up at the court after, not with the cop on the spot.

I'm not saying there aren't any bad racist cops out there... but it's not a blanket statement across all of them. There are some legitimately great police officers out there.

As a society I think we tend to forget that.  America needs to be respectful to these officers. Go to a third world country and you can see what true police corruption is like. I've lived it and seen it.  

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
All jokes aside this policemen needs to be dismissed from the force, he's clearly unsuitable and the young black man compensated for his injuries. As much as i don't like the black lives matter campaign as more blacks kill blacks each and everyday than white policemen do in a year, something is wrong, police are way to trigger happy and this will only lead to further conflict where something isn't done immediately no waiting for courts etc, this is plain wrong.

This is the dumbest fucking argument ever. When pookie kills ray ray he gets sent to jail, when officer O'Sullivan kills an unarmed person, he gets a paid vacation, no prison time and keeps his job\pension. More so i'd like to imagine when a person gets state sponsored permission to kill they'd be held to a higher standard

residue

• Getbig V
Whenever I read these types of stories I always try to put myself in the shoes of the police officer. Remember these are people that deal with the scum of the earth day in and day out.  So of tcours they are going to be extremely edgy.  Especially now society had grown to stop respecting the police. Growing up, I was taught always be on my best behavior with police. "yes sir, no sir", no sudden movements, hands on the steering wheel when pulled over, explaining to the officer my every move, like taking out my registration, even as far as asking for permission, "is it OK to get my registration from the glove compartment?".   I'm 34 years old and still behave this way when I get pulled over.

As long as you are polite and cooperative, 99% of the time the whole thing will go smoothly.  If you believe you were stopped unfairly, take it up at the court after, not with the cop on the spot.

I'm not saying there aren't any bad racist cops out there... but it's not a blanket statement across all of them. There are some legitimately great police officers out there.

As a society I think we tend to forget that.  America needs to be respectful to these officers. Go to a third world country and you can see what true police corruption is like. I've lived it and seen it.  

no one's forcing them to take that job, i hate kids. I wont apply to be a teacher..
if you cant handle being spat at, cursed at and high stress...get another fucking job

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
no one's forcing them to take that job, i hate kids. I wont apply to be a teacher..
if you cant handle being spat at, cursed at and high stress...get another fucking job

It's easy to say that when you're not in the situation... unfortunately it becomes sort of instinct. Some handle it better than others clearly. I've seen some officers who have maintained their cool through some really nasty situations.

Rudee

• Getbig V
Better safe than sorry. That toy truck could have been a toy assault truck, which could have injured a lot of people's toes had it been set loose in a crowd of people.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Better safe than sorry. That toy truck could have been a toy assault truck, which could have injured a lot of people's toes had it been set loose in a crowd of people.

It could have been a Transformer... with guns!!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I'm not sure why you said "unarmed", I can see both of his arms plain as day

;D

The cop was a getbigger and knew this black dude was with a member of Jason Genova's family.
He asked for a double bicep from both and they obviously ignored his request for the pose.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda

THE COPS FELT THREATENED BY THE TOY TRUCK!!!

LOOK AT THIS DEADLY MENACE!!!!! IT LOOKS LIKE A GUN!!

X

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Can someone find out who the cop was and how long he's been on the force...Cops are trained to shoot to kill. Just where did this cop shoot the black man. Can't find any info on what part of his body got shot. If the video of the shooting never surfaces and the cop has only been on the force for a few months etc, Conspiracy theorist will have a field day with this one claiming 'Crisis actors"...

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
I hope they burn Miami to the ground.  Fuck em.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
I hope they burn Miami to the ground.  Fuck em.

No. I hope the cop gets investigated to the same (if not higher) standard as any citizen would be in such a case, by an independent authority and not to give him paid vacation and have his friends clear "investigate" him.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
No. I hope the cop gets investigated to the same (if not higher) standard as any citizen would be in such a case, by an independent authority and not to give him paid vacation and have his friends clear "investigate" him.

lol At cops being investigated by an independent authority. That will NEVER happen. However,  they do need an INDEPENDENT body to do these investigations. Its like letting a restaurant run its own health inspection lol

X

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie

Acquitted!
a

residue

• Getbig V
i could care less about some hebrew but wtf
"Oklahoma police show up at 5-year-old’s birthday party — and shoot his dog in the head"

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/oklahoma-police-show-up-at-5-year-olds-birthday-party-and-shoot-his-dog-in-the-head/#.V5JIlEBaR70.facebook

LittleJ

• Getbig V
i could care less about some hebrew but wtf
"Oklahoma police show up at 5-year-old’s birthday party — and shoot his dog in the head"

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/oklahoma-police-show-up-at-5-year-olds-birthday-party-and-shoot-his-dog-in-the-head/#.V5JIlEBaR70.facebook

You care about dogs more than black people?

residue

• Getbig V
You care about dogs more than black people?

I care about my dog more than most people

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
Needs to lock out at the elbows on the concentric portion of the movement.  Helps recruit the long head of the triceps.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
UPDATE:

Gut wrenching letter from the family of the autistic man:

https://www.facebook.com/M.J.Gypsy/posts/10209260642529215

Additionally, a second cop was placed on unpaid leave for lying to investigators.

Source:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/22/officials-put-second-north-miami-police-officer-on-leave-for-conflicting-statements-about-shooting-of-unarmed-man

This is about to get UGLY!

#bluelivesmatter