Author Topic: Whitney Houston finally files for divorce  (Read 3024 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Whitney Houston finally files for divorce
« on: September 14, 2006, 08:14:01 AM »
Troubled Whitney Houston has filed for divorce from bad boy singer Bobby Brown.

Her publicist Nancy Seltzer confirmed that the singer - who recently hit the headlines over allegations of drug abuse - had decided to end her 14-year stormy marriage, but refused to add why.

But there was no sign of trouble when the star appeared at the star-studded Ella Awards in Los Angeles - with no sign of Brown on her arm.

Dressed all in black wearing a blond wig, Whitney arrived with music producer Clive Davis at the event inside the Beverly Hilton hotel. She smiled brightly for cameras on the red carpet before wandering inside.

Papers for the divorce were apparently filed in an Orange County Court on Friday before being served to Bobby.

The divorce may not come as too much of a surprise for insiders close to the fiery couple. Brown, 37, has served time for drunk-driving and two years ago police charged him with battery after he allegedly assaulted Houston in their home.

And on their reality TV show he famously slurred at Whitney: "Can I impregnate you now?"

In April this year, Whitney's world was shattered when the National Enquirer printed pictures of her bathroom apparently covered in drug paraphernalia and her sister-in-law Tina Brown alleged to the world that the once-chart-topping singer was nothing more than drug addict.

Brown claimed that Whitney was no longer able to look after herself and suffered delusions and even soiled herself.

After news of the story broke, Whitney reportedly checked herself into rehabilitation.

More recently the star has been trying to present herself in a better light and even said she would attempt a comeback album after a three year break from music.

The couple married on July 18, 1992 and have one daughter Bobbi Kristina, 14.

In January, Brown dismissed reports of marital trouble. He told People magazine: "The rumours are wrong."

"We love each other. We're here, and we're gonna be together for a long time, so people can expect us to stay together. I'm with my wife for the duration - and that's life."

Bobby's all class:

&search=whitney%20bobby%20being%20brown%20houston

&mode=related&search=

&mode=related&search=

&mode=related&search=whitney%20bobby%20being%20brown%20houston

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
Re: Whitney Houston finally files for divorce
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 08:29:30 AM »
who the fuck cares she screwed herself going with that ass wipe.
she was timeless she could have still been making music to this day.

NOW SHES IS A WASHED UP SCANK BITCH

too think she could have had you ;D
p

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 08:50:21 AM »
About time.  I watched a bit of their reality show and it was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen.  Talk about a wasted career.  IMO, she was the best singer on the planet at one point.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 10:02:36 AM »

Her publicist Nancy Seltzer confirmed that the singer - who recently hit the headlines over allegations of drug abuse - had decided to end her 14-year stormy marriage, but refused to add why.

But there was no sign of trouble when the star appeared at the star-studded Ella Awards in Los Angeles - with no sign of Brown on her arm.

Dressed all in black wearing a blond wig, Whitney arrived with music producer Clive Davis at the event inside the Beverly Hilton hotel. She smiled brightly for cameras on the red carpet before wandering inside.

Papers for the divorce were apparently filed in an Orange County Court on Friday before being served to Bobby.

The divorce may not come as too much of a surprise for insiders close to the fiery couple. Brown, 37, has served time for drunk-driving and two years ago police charged him with battery after he allegedly assaulted Houston in their home.

And on their reality TV show he famously slurred at Whitney: "Can I impregnate you now?"

In April this year, Whitney's world was shattered when the National Enquirer printed pictures of her bathroom apparently covered in drug paraphernalia and her sister-in-law Tina Brown alleged to the world that the once-chart-topping singer was nothing more than drug addict.

Brown claimed that Whitney was no longer able to look after herself and suffered delusions and even soiled herself.

After news of the story broke, Whitney reportedly checked herself into rehabilitation.

More recently the star has been trying to present herself in a better light and even said she would attempt a comeback album after a three year break from music.

In January, Brown dismissed reports of marital trouble. He told People magazine: "The rumours are wrong."

"We love each other. We're here, and we're gonna be together for a long time, so people can expect us to stay together. I'm with my wife for the duration - and that's life."

Bobby's all class:

&mode=related&search=

&mode=related&search=

who gives a fuck if she got divorced or not..no one really fuckin cares
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 10:11:16 AM »
About time.  I watched a bit of their reality show and it was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen.  Talk about a wasted career.  IMO, she was the best singer on the planet at one point.

She was cute at one time too. I remember when she married him people said he would be her ruination.
The House that Ruth built

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 10:13:11 AM »
She was cute at one time too. I remember when she married him people said he would be her ruination.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!are retarded dude..she was always ugly as hell..when ever i saw her face it wanna make me puke..yuck
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 10:14:42 AM »
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!are retarded dude..she was always ugly as hell..when ever i saw her face it wanna make me puke..yuck

Ok, homo.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 10:51:01 AM »

Yeah.  Now she looks like a crackhead.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 10:52:31 AM »
Yeah.  Now she looks like a crackhead.

Drugs took a toll on her thats for sure.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 11:04:47 AM »
I cant' decide which crackhead looks worse, Whitney or this one...

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 11:18:43 AM »
It's about time!  But it might be too late for her.  Being with him ran her career into the dirt literally.  It's sad, because she's got such a gifted voice.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 11:22:57 AM »
It's a conspiracy!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 11:31:50 AM »

Bobby's all class:

&mode=related&search=

&mode=related&search=

The crackhead wife finally saw the light. too bad she is a drug bag and a biological mess.
PB

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 12:26:53 PM »
About time.  I watched a bit of their reality show and it was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen. 

lol. I know man. I'm from the hood and I was like damn these mofo's are ghetto as hell!   ;D

Gotta love the show with bobby showing the world on camera how to STEAL DRINKS out of hotel fridges without being charged or when he was BURNING chicken on a grill talking about "WHO GOT THE SAUCE!" "I NEED SOME SAUCE ON THIS!" while rubbing his GUT!  :(

To each his own and I don't judge, but damn..LOL!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 12:33:09 PM »
Finally!! Now let's see if she can get her voice back (and her looks).

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 03:19:57 AM »
It's about time!  But it might be too late for her.  Being with him ran her career into the dirt literally.  It's sad, because she's got such a gifted voice.

actually she will just play the victum and Oprah will eat it up...Its like the whole world wanted to see her get away from him...I don't see it that way though...He may have got her into drugs but he came off like a happy go lucky guy and see came off to me like a complete bitch, head case...Not that he wasn't a head case but it certainly takes two....

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 05:24:30 AM »
I prefer these YouTube clips of Whitney

&NR

&NR

w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 05:40:39 AM »
I prefer these YouTube clips of Whitney

&NR

&NR

::)

You are not a realist.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!