Author Topic: Season Finale of Sons of Anarchy  (Read 67991 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Season-Finale of Sons of Anarchy
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2014, 11:41:33 AM »
What the hell was the point in going through all that ceremony like they were going to off Jax just to shoot the guy in the arm... coulda done it without out the stupid drama. It's scenes like that that destroy the potential for a decent series. Then add in the unbelievable possibilities like slaughtering a massage parlor including civilian clientel and nothing happens.. come on... at least be in the realm of possibility. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2014, 11:45:57 AM »
What the hell was the point in going through all that ceremony like they were going to off Jax just to shoot the guy in the arm... coulda done it without out the stupid drama. It's scenes like that that destroy the potential for a decent series. Then add in the unbelievable possibilities like slaughtering a massage parlor including civilian clientel and nothing happens.. come on... at least be in the realm of possibility. 

Yeah, they murdered so many without coverup.  There would have been a bobby elvis hair found by someone at some point.

I think they shot happy in the arm to show how Jax "got away".
Y

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2014, 12:01:38 PM »
Yeah, they murdered so many without coverup.  There would have been a bobby elvis hair found by someone at some point.

Yeah, I understand the reason for shooting the arm, not why they had to go through all the motion knowing that's what was going to be done.  Decent series all in all, though I had to remind myself during stupid scenes it's just a TV show, don't hold it up to the laws of reasoning and common sense or you'll just get sick. I won't miss it much.   

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2014, 12:14:55 PM »
Worst fucking show ever.

??? ::) why, some hairy H-D rider is bonking your wife  ;D

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2014, 12:18:11 PM »
This show has jumped the shark.  I can't get past the lead guys horrible acting.
Thank you! Guy is horrible. My uncle was are real biker, in jail all his life. Whatever the guy's name, he's so unbelievable.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2014, 12:46:14 PM »
Yeah, I understand the reason for shooting the arm, not why they had to go through all the motion knowing that's what was going to be done.  

I think they needed the cover up to help square it with the other club, it's probably written in the by laws that the club must take care of it's own business, and that the member can't die on their own terms if it can be helped. What Jax did probably counts as putting yourself before the club, which is a no - no.

Realistically, I'd have liked it better if someone would've snuck up behind him, and capped him while he was saying his goodbyes, but such is life.

And, yes, in real life, Charming would've been on 60 Minutes, and torn apart by the government within the first season or two ;D. I lump it in with Oz, Banshee, etc.... where I just cast logic aside, and enjoy the ride. It makes me appreciate shows like Deadwood, and The Wire just a little bit more.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2014, 12:47:45 PM »
I think they had the same producer, shield and SOA.   Lots of actor overlap.  Having Michael Chiklis in the final act of the show was brilliant way to tie it together lol. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2014, 12:49:10 PM »
I think they had the same producer, shield and SOA.   Lots of actor overlap.  Having Michael Chiklis in the final act of the show was brilliant way to tie it together lol. 

Agree.
Y

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2014, 01:00:43 PM »
Thank you! Guy is horrible. My uncle was are real biker, in jail all his life. Whatever the guy's name, he's so unbelievable.

Not much of a biker if he's in jail all the time..

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »
I think they needed the cover up to help square it with the other club, it's probably written in the by laws that the club must take care of it's own business, and that the member can't die on their own terms if it can be helped. What Jax did probably counts as putting yourself before the club, which is a no - no.

Realistically, I'd have liked it better if someone would've snuck up behind him, and capped him while he was saying his goodbyes, but such is life.

And, yes, in real life, Charming would've been on 60 Minutes, and torn apart by the government within the first season or two ;D. I lump it in with Oz, Banshee, etc.... where I just cast logic aside, and enjoy the ride. It makes me appreciate shows like Deadwood, and The Wire just a little bit more.

Big old round table to vote on Jax "meeting Mr. Mayhem".. Kept thinking of that insurance commercial with the guy from Oz. 

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2014, 01:12:27 PM »
Lots of gun charges mostly. Got caught robbing the Mystic Seaport, carrying the safe out on his back. Just heard stories but my father said he def had some murders under his belt. Scary dude

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2014, 01:15:59 PM »
Not any kind of glamorous lifestyle, for sure. He's fucked with all kinds of health issues from drug abuse

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2014, 01:34:41 PM »
Spoiler alert!

I've seen better / more convincing action scenes in: The A Team (80's TV version).

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2014, 01:49:26 PM »
Very Tarantino like last few series, couldn't bring it back to a reality level, went  from non fiction to fiction during its history, in saying that the last episode and ending was well written, im not saying it was great but he did tie many things into the conclusion. Im glad its over too, Im more of a non fiction type person, but credit where credits due Sutter pulled off a great finale, besides the Happe flesh wound, that wasnt needed with the way Jax went out.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2014, 01:53:10 PM »
these neat endings that wrap up everything..... we saw it in Breaking Bad too... just a checklist of 1,2,3,4,5 series-long issues, resolving all at once.   

It works, it's happy and satisfying, almost a reward for those that love the show. 

Then again, a cool unexpected ending is always good too.   I liked the end of the Wire, where some moved up, some were fired, some of our favorites gunned down suddenly (bye, Omar!).   We did NOT see a lot of the Wire ending coming. 

Most of us were predicting Jax would die on motorcycle to wrap things up like his dad.  So this was a little predictable, but hey, it was entertaining.  I was expecting more from the homeless girl.  and what is up witth the bread/food on the side of the road at the end?  WTF was that about?  I never caught on.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2014, 02:02:15 PM »
At the end of the day, Jax took the easy way out.  Pussy

As stated, I liked the show, but also liked making fun of it.  Some things:

- Jax and family had more personalized samcro merchandise than would ever happen.  Newborns had Samcro hats, blankets, bibs, he had sweatshirts, sweatpants, jackets, shirts, and likely underwear.

- how disgusting it would be to have to fuck gemma

- how Wayne has been on his deathbead for 6 seasons.  I was expecting a limb to fall off randomly at some point.

- how Jax could have easily moved to Seattle with his renowned child surgeon wife, let her make 500k a year, and had no problems at all other than deciding what to feed her for dinner and what position to fuck.  But decided to stay and she didn't leave.
Y

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2014, 02:19:18 PM »
At the end of the day, Jax took the easy way out.  Pussy

As stated, I liked the show, but also liked making fun of it.  Some things:

- Jax and family had more personalized samcro merchandise than would ever happen.  Newborns had Samcro hats, blankets, bibs, he had sweatshirts, sweatpants, jackets, shirts, and likely underwear.

- how disgusting it would be to have to fuck gemma

- how Wayne has been on his deathbead for 6 seasons.  I was expecting a limb to fall off randomly at some point.

- how Jax could have easily moved to Seattle with his renowned child surgeon wife, let her make 500k a year, and had no problems at all other than deciding what to feed her for dinner and what position to fuck.  But decided to stay and she didn't leave.

- Shooting at an opposing MC one week, meeting them cordially to do business the next.
- Cute female Doctor with bright future throws it all away for a biker dude that cheats on her. (wait, that might be real)
- 30 people murdered, no sign of an investigation

The what was real about it was just like most gangs, they talk about respect, family, loyalty then eventually shit all over each other   

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2014, 02:25:02 PM »

Shooting people on top of their club in broad daylight without even thinking there would be video camera's rolling 24/7 by LE... lol

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2014, 02:28:44 PM »
Professing that you want violence to stop, then committing heinous acts of violence.... repeatedly.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2014, 02:29:55 PM »
Everytime Jax said "Trust me" his club should have beat the crap out of him..

The writers took a main character that was likeable to a certain extent, as likeable as a criminal TV character can be, and in the end made him so unlikeable no one cared if he died or not..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2014, 03:18:24 PM »
Everytime Jax said "Trust me" his club should have beat the crap out of him..

The writers took a main character that was likeable to a certain extent, as likeable as a criminal TV character can be, and in the end made him so unlikeable no one cared if he died or not..

he wasn't even good at being the bad guy.  Jax came off as a spoiled, entitled selfish grudge holder all the way to the end.

he didn't have to waste unser, no way.  Smack him, take his gun, call it a day.  And Gemma, dude, forgive her.  It happened in the midst of "tara bout to send my baby boy to prison for 25 years", so yeah, any parent might do that. 

early this seasons, jax shot the pastor in the head for making a sex tape... executed him without any thought.  this year it was jsut too much execution of people without any effort to avoid it.   At least on breaking bad, they would do elaborate schemes to avoid killing train conductors... in SOA, they'd just waste people for making sex tapes. 

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2014, 04:06:40 PM »
he wasn't even good at being the bad guy.  Jax came off as a spoiled, entitled selfish grudge holder all the way to the end.

he didn't have to waste unser, no way.  Smack him, take his gun, call it a day.  And Gemma, dude, forgive her.  It happened in the midst of "tara bout to send my baby boy to prison for 25 years", so yeah, any parent might do that. 

early this seasons, jax shot the pastor in the head for making a sex tape... executed him without any thought.  this year it was jsut too much execution of people without any effort to avoid it.   At least on breaking bad, they would do elaborate schemes to avoid killing train conductors... in SOA, they'd just waste people for making sex tapes. 

Like i said Tarnatino, pure fiction a series that started off with a closeness to outlaw life, became nothing but pure fiction, If i heard halfway through writing it Sutter became addicted or started using to meth or LSD I would believe it, played out like a drug induced fantasy.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2014, 04:17:19 PM »
Professing that you want violence to stop, then committing heinous acts of violence.... repeatedly.

Telling your kid that you love him when you say you want him to hate the thought of you when your gone...

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2014, 04:56:46 PM »
The show started off with good potential then just got worse and worse, the last episode was crap.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2014, 05:02:27 PM »

Agree on unser disagree on Gemma.  Gemma couldn't be spared.  It wasn't just for what she did, but for all subsequent actions that it led to.  That one action ruined everything - his marriage, the club, the streets, etc....and changed the way things were handled (preacher, etc)  I hope someone on the net does a body count chart for how many got killed because of it.

And, if I recall, preacher got killed because of either someone pulling a gun, or they thought something else happened.  Didn't waste him for making the tape, did they?
Y