Author Topic: Could doggcrapp buy Getbig?/Disappointed  (Read 82259 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Could doggcrapp buy Getbig?/Disappointed
« Reply #375 on: September 10, 2006, 05:37:47 PM »
Bjorn I have been advocating higher protien intakes (1.5-2 grams per lb of bodyweight) for 15 years and wrote about it thoroughly in Hardcore Muscle magazine from 92-95.....whereas Trueprotein opened 2 years ago. Do you think I had a forseable 12 year marketing plan?--LOL. Would it make you happy if I owned a company that had nothing to do with this sport and instead went to a job every day I abhored? I dont care if anyone on this board buys protein from me or any other company. Im not pushing anything on anyone here, do what you want to do, but to sit here and tell people that ice cream and crispy cream donuts is the key to becoming the bodybuilder you want to be............(well you make the call)

You got any links to where you've discussed your thoughts on the protein needs? I'd like to read more about your ideas.

I've read the cyclepennies article in the past.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #376 on: September 10, 2006, 05:38:42 PM »
Why don`t you enter the Mr. Getbig Dante`

hahhahah

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #377 on: September 10, 2006, 05:39:52 PM »
People with poor knowledge about nutrition will make bad choices about food on a daily basis. I am saying that you can eat only at McDonalds and be fit, healthy and grow muscle. I would put my house on it. Second, if you put a chain of McDonalds in a country where people are starving and gave the food away for free those people would survive and be just fine.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #378 on: September 10, 2006, 05:39:59 PM »

nope.    Are you saying that steroids convert carbs to protein then?  Because some of you are saying that high protein is needed for muscle building.  Why would steroid users be able to gain on low protein but now natural bodybuilders?

A comparison can't be made since the people in question are steroid users. Atleast that's what Hedgehog implied.
follow the arrows

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #379 on: September 10, 2006, 05:40:07 PM »
CONCLUSIONS: Obese women with normal lung function tests and consuming mixed hypocaloric diets showed no alteration in resting metabolic rate and a reduced or absent thermic effect of food independently of the macronutrient composition.

Wow you really pinpointed athletes on a weight training program with that study Van
It studied the thermic effect, not anabolism or protein needs of bodybuilders. Are you saying the thermic effect of protein is absent in obese women but magically manifests in bodybuilders? You claimed protein had a thermic effect of 30% calories burned through thermogenesis (actually the effect has been varied in studies from 5% to 30%). I assume you got this number from a study on bodybuilders?? Care to post it?

Don't post a study on anyone except bodybuilders. After all, we all know research on any other group is worthless.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #380 on: September 10, 2006, 05:43:33 PM »

Why would steroid users be able to gain on low protein but now natural bodybuilders?

who says they do?

they might recover quicker from workouts because of higher protein synthesis. They wont build any more muscle if they dont have the building blocks to do it.

Buildingblocks for muscles = protein

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #381 on: September 10, 2006, 05:45:23 PM »
People with poor knowledge about nutrition will make bad choices about food on a daily basis. I am saying that you can eat only at McDonalds and be fit, healthy and grow muscle. I would put my house on it. Second, if you put a chain of McDonalds in a country where people are starving and gave the food away for free those people would survive and be just fine.
your bad colesterol levels would be trough the roof after a while and your liver would rott

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #382 on: September 10, 2006, 05:45:39 PM »
The general formula used by Dante has a lot going for it. I don't like the rest pause stuff because I personally think that doing many more sets with a maximum resistance is closer to the requirement than rest pause which I have tried. I have no doubt that Dante would eclipse Adonis when training people. The test would be to get a set of 20 twins and let each train one twin for say 3 months drug free and then compare the results. Most young guys do not or cannot ingest enough calories to grow. Dante has a sytem that is progressive. You change stuff and are always pushing your limits. Those two factors are important for hypertrophy. Adonis has not demonstrated much re his theories and their effectiveness.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #383 on: September 10, 2006, 05:47:22 PM »
Please demonstrate how a hamburger is junk food. That ignorant people call such things junk doesn't make them junk.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #384 on: September 10, 2006, 05:49:27 PM »
your bad colesterol levels would be trough the roof after a while and your liver would rott

FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME!@!!

A CHICKEN BREAST HAS MORE CHOLESTEROL THAN A BIG MAC@!!!!

ali23

• Getbig III
« Reply #385 on: September 10, 2006, 05:53:20 PM »
why would someone nickname themself doggcrapp, lame.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #386 on: September 10, 2006, 05:54:17 PM »
Just to make it clear here, I agree with Adonis about the protein requirement. I also respect the intelligence and knowledge of Milos. It would be interesting to talk to Milos about nutrition.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #387 on: September 10, 2006, 05:55:45 PM »
FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME!@!!

A CHICKEN BREAST HAS MORE CHOLESTEROL THAN A BIG MAC@!!!!
hahaha this proves your ignorance and stupidity.

http://www.hormel.com/templates/knowledge/knowledge.asp?catitemid=24&id=150

http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.index1.html

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #388 on: September 10, 2006, 05:57:54 PM »
Just to make it clear here, I agree with Adonis about the protein requirement. I also respect the intelligence and knowledge of Milos. It would be interesting to talk to Milos about nutrition.
Yes you could use a lecture by Milos you obviously know nothing about nutrition.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #389 on: September 10, 2006, 06:02:32 PM »
hahaha this proves your ignorance and stupidity.

http://www.hormel.com/templates/knowledge/knowledge.asp?catitemid=24&id=150

http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.index1.html

You EAT A 3 OZ CHICKEN BREAST?

haHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

If you wanna go by weight, a BIG MAC IS STILL LOWER as you would have to cut the Big Mac.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #390 on: September 10, 2006, 06:04:13 PM »
Here is an experiment that might be interesting. Get a house built next to a McDonalds and have Milos set up the diets of say 40 people living in that complex that also has a gym, recreation room, library, computers, etc. I predict the subjects would be healthy and could build muscle eating only what is served at McDonalds. If you awarded money to the bodybuilders who gained the most it would be really interesting. No one who ever used drugs would be selected nor would anyone have access to steroids or supplements. Testing would be done to ensure that no cheating occurred.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #391 on: September 10, 2006, 06:06:52 PM »
Here is an experiment that might be interesting. Get a house built next to a McDonalds and have Milos set up the diets of say 40 people living in that complex that also has a gym, recreation room, library, computers, etc. I predict the subjects would be healthy and could build muscle eating only what is served at McDonalds. If you awarded money to the bodybuilders who gained the most it would be really interesting. No one who ever used drugs would be selected nor would anyone have access to steroids or supplements. Testing would be done to ensure that no cheating occurred.

That would make one kick ass reality tv show!
just push some weight!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #392 on: September 10, 2006, 06:08:30 PM »
There is no doubt in my mind that both Milos and Dante could generate more muscle in Adonis than he is able to do himself with his theories and ideas.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: September 10, 2006, 06:10:02 PM »
HERE MAXX hahhahah I`LL SHOW YOU

3 Ounces of Chicken breast- 70 mg cholesterol

3 ounces Big Mac-30.7 mg cholesterol

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #394 on: September 10, 2006, 06:11:30 PM »
    CONCLUSION 
ABSTRACT
INTRODUCTION
SCIENTIFIC RATIONALE FOR...
DIRECTIONS FOR FUTURE RESEARCH
CONCLUSION
REFERENCES

However, some experimental data suggest that exercise may actually decrease the protein requirements necessary to maintain balance. Nevertheless, it can be speculated that a protein supplement should be useful to stimulate net muscle protein synthesis, particularly if the supplement has the optimal proportion of individual amino acids. However, experiments have yet to be performed that document such a beneficial effect of protein supplements.
&You are such a jackass T.A.

First off, that's one of the articles I posted the reference to in one of the threads where this argument has been going on.
Second, you left out the first part of the conclusion. I have the hard copy in my hands right now. Here is what the conclusion actually said:
Conclusion
A strong theoretical basis exists for expecting a beneficial effect of a protein supplement in active people. Amino acid intake stimulates the transport of amino acids into muscle, and there is a direct link between amino acid inward transport and muscle protein synthesis. However, some experimental data suggest that exercise may actually decrease the protein requirements necessary to maintain balance. Nevertheless, it can be speculated that a protein supplement should be useful to stimulate net muscle protein synthesis, particularly if the supplement has the optimal proportion of individual amino acids. However, experiments hace yet to be performed that document such a beneficial effect of protein supplements.

You are a liar. You altered the conclusion to better suit your needs.
Third, two years later Robert R. Wolfe published Regulation of Muscle Protein by Amino Acids in The Journal of Nutrition, where he says "The results presented here establish a direct role of amino acids in regulating net muscle protein balance. Furthermore, the response is directly affected by the exact composition and amount of mixture of amino acids ingested, the timing of ingestion in relation to exercise and the amount and nature of nonprotein energy ingested with amino acids. When these findings are considered in the context of the estimation of protein or amino acid "requirements," it is clear that multiple results could be achieved for the same AMINO ACID intake, depending on the interaction of the various factors discussed above. Thus, attempts to identify a unique AMINO ACID "requirement" are likely to be unsuccessful. Furthermore, our results, along with virtually all data in the literature on the topic, suggest that increasing AMINO ACID intake will increase muscle mass, with all other variables remaining constant. Whereas this concept runs counter to popular perception, real-life examples abound in obese individuals who have signifigantly elevated muscle mass despite living sedentary lives (e.g., Ref. 28). Thus, it is likely that increasing AMINO ACID intake in accord with the principles discussed above to optimize effectiveness will promote muscle anabolism, whether in depleted individuals such as the elderly or in active athletes trying to increase muscle mass. The exact nutritional approach will determine the extent of anabolic response."
If you don't want to read it, let me sum it up. T.A. is very, very wrong, about everything he has said. Timing matters. Protein matters. A calorie is not just a calorie.
I min/max my physique

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #395 on: September 10, 2006, 06:12:32 PM »
Yes i agree. Everything they have is not bad. Nothing wrong with the burger meat for example.

The bad stuff are the breads, fried stuff, and dressings. There might be some other stuff that i cant come up with right now

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #396 on: September 10, 2006, 06:12:43 PM »
HERE MAXX hahhahah I`LL SHOW YOU

3 Ounces of Chicken breast- 70 mg cholesterol

3 ounces Big Mac-30.7 mg cholesterol

Yes, but anyone who knows anything about nutrition knows that dietary intake of cholesterol is only responsible for a very small percentage of blood borne cholesterol.  Dietary FAT intake is primarily responsible for measurable blood cholesterol levels.

w

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: September 10, 2006, 06:16:23 PM »
&You are such a jackass T.A.

First off, that's one of the articles I posted the reference to in one of the threads where this argument has been going on.
Second, you left out the first part of the conclusion. I have the hard copy in my hands right now. Here is what the conclusion actually said:
Conclusion
A strong theoretical basis exists for expecting a beneficial effect of a protein supplement in active people. Amino acid intake stimulates the transport of amino acids into muscle, and there is a direct link between amino acid inward transport and muscle protein synthesis. However, some experimental data suggest that exercise may actually decrease the protein requirements necessary to maintain balance. Nevertheless, it can be speculated that a protein supplement should be useful to stimulate net muscle protein synthesis, particularly if the supplement has the optimal proportion of individual amino acids. However, experiments hace yet to be performed that document such a beneficial effect of protein supplements.

You are a liar. You altered the conclusion to better suit your needs.
Third, two years later Robert R. Wolfe published Regulation of Muscle Protein by Amino Acids in The Journal of Nutrition, where he says "The results presented here establish a direct role of amino acids in regulating net muscle protein balance. Furthermore, the response is directly affected by the exact composition and amount of mixture of amino acids ingested, the timing of ingestion in relation to exercise and the amount and nature of nonprotein energy ingested with amino acids. When these findings are considered in the context of the estimation of protein or amino acid "requirements," it is clear that multiple results could be achieved for the same AMINO ACID intake, depending on the interaction of the various factors discussed above. Thus, attempts to identify a unique AMINO ACID "requirement" are likely to be unsuccessful. Furthermore, our results, along with virtually all data in the literature on the topic, suggest that increasing AMINO ACID intake will increase muscle mass, with all other variables remaining constant. Whereas this concept runs counter to popular perception, real-life examples abound in obese individuals who have signifigantly elevated muscle mass despite living sedentary lives (e.g., Ref. 28). Thus, it is likely that increasing AMINO ACID intake in accord with the principles discussed above to optimize effectiveness will promote muscle anabolism, whether in depleted individuals such as the elderly or in active athletes trying to increase muscle mass. The exact nutritional approach will determine the extent of anabolic response."
If you don't want to read it, let me sum it up. T.A. is very, very wrong, about everything he has said. Timing matters. Protein matters. A calorie is not just a calorie.

::)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #398 on: September 10, 2006, 06:26:15 PM »
Yes, but anyone who knows anything about nutrition knows that dietary intake of cholesterol is only responsible for a very small percentage of blood borne cholesterol.  Dietary FAT intake is primarily responsible for measurable blood cholesterol levels.

exactly. Yet again TA proves he knows jack shit about nutrition

Farcry

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #399 on: September 10, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »
I think he knows a thing or 2 about dieting.  Ta's dieting methods are working wonders for me.