Author Topic: Wiggs: (flat-Earth in this thread)  (Read 49275 times)

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
Re: Wiggs: (flat-Earth in this thread)
« Reply #225 on: December 12, 2022, 11:46:40 AM »
What The Utter Fuck !!  really !!  FFS they have to be joking or mad if that's the best theory they have.

Ha Ha Ha

That's an illustration from the old Discworld fantasy novels (not that kind of fantasy) by Terry Pratchett that I'd read as a little kid.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: December 12, 2022, 12:10:16 PM »
What The Utter Fuck !!  really !!  FFS they have to be joking or mad if that's the best theory they have.

Ha Ha Ha

Someone asked "Whats under the turtle"

They replied "Its turtles all the way down"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_all_the_way_down

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #227 on: December 12, 2022, 12:11:55 PM »

An 1877 drawing of the world supported on the backs of four elephants, themselves resting on the back of a turtle.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: December 12, 2022, 12:17:37 PM »
Flat earth theory was made up by a three letter agency to take away interest in the idea that Earth may be “hollow” or contain large pockets that may support life. Look up Medal of Honor recipient Admiral Byrd and his travels to the poles, I’ve noticed lately they’d scrubbed most of his comments on the topic which is very strange.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #229 on: December 12, 2022, 01:04:05 PM »
Flat earth theory was made up by a three letter agency to take away interest in the idea that Earth may be “hollow” or contain large pockets that may support life. Look up Medal of Honor recipient Admiral Byrd and his travels to the poles, I’ve noticed lately they’d scrubbed most of his comments on the topic which is very strange.

ERB.  Edgar Rice Burroughs.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #230 on: December 12, 2022, 01:15:57 PM »
That's what Flat Earthers believe.

I think it's a giant inside joke amongst most of them. Kind of like Scientology has taken a foothold in such a short period of time.

They are just making shit up to see how many stupid people actually believe it.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #231 on: December 12, 2022, 01:33:20 PM »

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😪🤣🤣😂🤣🤣😂

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: December 12, 2022, 02:32:43 PM »

;D ;D ;D

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #233 on: December 12, 2022, 02:41:36 PM »
We have a new one ,

Trurtles.............

DVD's.................

😂🤣😂

herne

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: December 27, 2022, 02:06:56 PM »

Abelard Lindsey

• Getbig II
« Reply #235 on: December 27, 2022, 02:31:41 PM »
I'm not sure where this flat Earth stuff is coming from. The only explanation that makes sense to me is that, since our government is now blatantly lying about most things today, that one will just assume they are lying about everything, including the Apollo space program and the Earth being a sphere.

Given that, there is a very simple way to prove the Earth is indeed a sphere. Just look at flight schedules of airlines that fly between, say, Bueno Aires or Santiago and Sydney or Auckland. If the Earth was a disk like the flat Earthers believe it is, these flights would be impossible because they would take 30-40 to complete, several times the range of any commercial airliner.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: December 28, 2022, 12:47:20 AM »
Watch Eric Dubay videos on Youtube to understand Flat Earth Theory.

Abelard Lindsey

• Getbig II
« Reply #237 on: December 28, 2022, 08:21:05 AM »
It's interesting that the flat Earthers believe the spherical Earth model to be a conspiracy against God. But the Greeks determined empirically that the Earth is a sphere some 500 years before the birth of Christ, meaning that the spherical Earth model predates Christianity. If Christianity did not exist at the time, how can the spherical Earth be a conspiracy against Christianity?

Another way to screw with the minds of flat Earthers is to suggest that the the Earth is a part of extends way beyond the known Earth and may, in fact, be infinite. The known Earth at the time of Christ consisted of parts of the Eurasian landmass along with part of Africa. That's why the Mediterranean Sea was called such. It was believed to be the center of the Earth. The Americas and Australia was unknown to such people at the time. Likewise, if you believe in flat Earth, it would be equally irrational to believe the plain is limited to the known Earth. There may be undiscovered continents complete with their own little suns orbiting overhead!

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: December 28, 2022, 08:34:25 AM »
It's interesting that the flat Earthers believe the spherical Earth model to be a conspiracy against God. But the Greeks determined empirically that the Earth is a sphere some 500 years before the birth of Christ, meaning that the spherical Earth model predates Christianity. If Christianity did not exist at the time, how can the spherical Earth be a conspiracy against Christianity?

Correct. The world was depicted as a sphere since the time of the ancient Greeks.

Roman emperors would also be depicted as holding on orb in their hand, which represented the world. Later a cross would be added to this orb and Kings would use it as well.

Abelard Lindsey

• Getbig II
« Reply #239 on: December 28, 2022, 09:56:06 AM »
The Jews were the only people to believe in the anthropomorphic (Abrahamic) god at the time of the ancient Greeks. The Jews were relatively few in number and has little contact with the Greek city-states. Thus, it is silly to characterize the spherical Earth model as some conspiracy against the anthropomorphic god when religions based on such really did not exist at the time.

If you know any flat Earthers, you can screw with their heads by talking about the undiscovered continents beyond Antarctica.

Abelard Lindsey

• Getbig II
« Reply #240 on: December 28, 2022, 09:58:32 AM »
Another one for your entertainment pleasure.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: December 28, 2022, 01:38:30 PM »
There is a simple calculation to prove the earth is a sphere.

Most flat earthers are window lickers who don't understand basic math.

Unless the proven mathematical formulas were put here to test us by aliens or something?  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #242 on: December 28, 2022, 01:42:00 PM »
Stupid Thread Of Peace

Dalnet

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #243 on: December 28, 2022, 01:57:07 PM »
Stupid Thread Of Peace

Yup. I look at it this way: are flat earthers going to advance humanity in any meaningful way? Are they going to go into STEM and help the future generations with medicine, physics, technology, cures and the like? Probably not.

At least the "Birds Aren't Real" guys are taking the piss. I get that troll job. But this is like going to a mental hospital and entertaining genuine nutjobs. Doctors get paid for that shit. I don't.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2022, 02:32:37 PM »
Yup. I look at it this way: are flat earthers going to advance humanity in any meaningful way? Are they going to go into STEM and help the future generations with medicine, physics, technology, cures and the like? Probably not.

At least the "Birds Aren't Real" guys are taking the piss. I get that troll job. But this is like going to a mental hospital and entertaining genuine nutjobs. Doctors get paid for that shit. I don't.
I hear you bud!  ;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #245 on: January 04, 2023, 04:13:34 AM »
Flat Earther conducts experiment and proves that the earth is...not flat.

herne

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: January 09, 2023, 09:11:01 AM »

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #247 on: January 09, 2023, 09:18:28 AM »
You guys are all suckers thinking the Earth isn't flat. Buying right into Big Globe's propaganda

herne

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: January 09, 2023, 12:43:40 PM »

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #249 on: January 09, 2023, 11:18:21 PM »
You guys are all suckers thinking the Earth isn't flat. Buying right into Big Globe's propaganda

The “flat earth” stuff was introduced and pushed by the CIA to discredit people who didn’t buy into other narratives pushed by the government. They set these people up so they could be ridiculed by the general society and not taken seriously even when it came to things they were right about.

They used the same mocking tactics during the c0vid scam. “Oh look how the “flat earthers” don’t believe in covid etc”.