Author Topic: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com  (Read 86793 times)

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
Re: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com
« Reply #725 on: May 03, 2010, 11:03:02 AM »
Wow with that "logic" I guess a guy like Floyd Mayweather would feel a lot superior to Pres Obama or former Pres Bush or Clinton becuase he could whip 'em in a fight....NOT!
It is all about money, fame, status and power in the modern world.
Phyiscs nerds developed the atmpic bomb 65 yrs ago and THAT device determines who has the power.
FYI, once a woman gains $$$ power, it is a different deal in terms of status.
Trust me when I say any famous, powerful woman like Hillary Clinton, Oprah or even Sara Palin isn't going to full inferior to the avg Joe guy

You are both correct IMO to an extent. Db247 is coming from the point that most/many bodybuilders do so because they feel inferior and they value a mans worth by his physical presence or stature. Your correct in that in the civilized world most people couldn't care less about how big/strong/tough you are, but to many bodybuilders physical appearance and stature ranks very highly on the list of priorities.

As me Chick and I, I wouldn't walk up to him and punch him or start a fight, I am civilized and don't fight outside of a controlled environment unless I have no choice. Bob implied that I would "tuck tail and run" if I saw him and called me a coward which is a low blow IMO. So I would simply walk up to him and introduce myself and ask him what BSN supplments he would recomend I take to cut weight.
shotgun on the team

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #726 on: May 03, 2010, 11:08:06 AM »
Thanks , after 15 yrs of being fat and happy I will need all the good will I can muster hehe.

I hear ya with regards to being skeptical about who makes what $$ in BB related supplement contracts.
I do know that some of those companies make a decent 7 figure anual profit margin.
My thing is why press Bob on his actual contract? All that matters is the guy does ok for himself unlike most ex pros.

Look at it like this Mussolini. I know that all pros use plenty of "illegal drugs" to build their physiques.
I don't like that aspect of the sport along with the g4pay crap, etc.
BUT, out of respect for their status in BODYBUILDING I would not bug or embarrass any of them about their personal steroid use, WHEN exchanging posts with them on a board or in person at an expo, etc.

Just my 2 cents here but it would be far better to SUGGEST as a fan you doubt the amounts some bodybuilders claim they get for supplement contracts and leave it at that. Only Bob and BSN know the actual truth and it is their business.

Bob is one of the few pros that actually interacts with most fans on the boards, so he should be that last guy anyone cracks on.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #727 on: May 03, 2010, 11:13:46 AM »
Thanks , after 15 yrs of being fat and happy I will need all the good will I can muster hehe.

I hear ya with regards to being skeptical about who makes what $$ in BB related supplement contracts.
I do know that some of those companies make a decent 7 figure anual profit margin.
My thing is why press Bob on his actual contract? All that matters is the guy does ok for himself unlike most ex pros.

Look at it like this Mussolini. I know that all pros use plenty of "illegal drugs" to build their physiques.
I don't like that aspect of the sport along with the g4pay crap, etc.
BUT, out of respect for their status in BODYBUILDING I would not bug or embarrass any of them about their personal steroid use, WHEN exchanging posts with them on a board or in person at an expo, etc.

Just my 2 cents here but it would be far better to SUGGEST as a fan you doubt the amounts some bodybuilders claim they get for supplement contracts and leave it at that. Only Bob and BSN know the actual truth and it is their business.

Bob is one of the few pros that actually interacts with most fans on the boards, so he should be that last guy anyone cracks on.

I suppose you're right Howard, I was just having a little fun and got a little carried away, took it too far. I admited before and still do that it was a little pathetic to be arguing how we were.
shotgun on the team

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #728 on: May 03, 2010, 11:17:16 AM »
You are both correct IMO to an extent. Db247 is coming from the point that most/many bodybuilders do so because they feel inferior and they value a mans worth by his physical presence or stature. Your correct in that in the civilized world most people couldn't care less about how big/strong/tough you are, but to many bodybuilders physical appearance and stature ranks very highly on the list of priorities.

As me Chick and I, I wouldn't walk up to him and punch him or start a fight, I am civilized and don't fight outside of a controlled environment unless I have no choice. Bob implied that I would "tuck tail and run" if I saw him and called me a coward which is a low blow IMO. So I would simply walk up to him and introduce myself and ask him what BSN supplments he would recomend I take to cut weight.

I am sure you know he was just cracking on you ,same as you did with him. nothing more than typical internet bravado and banter.
I'll bet if he saw you were sincere he would be glad to discuss contracts and the basics of how they work in the supplement industry.
I have talked with Bob one on one about the pros and cons of steroids and he was candid and pretty open about the topic.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #729 on: May 03, 2010, 12:02:40 PM »
I am sure you know he was just cracking on you ,same as you did with him. nothing more than typical internet bravado and banter.
I'll bet if he saw you were sincere he would be glad to discuss contracts and the basics of how they work in the supplement industry.
I have talked with Bob one on one about the pros and cons of steroids and he was candid and pretty open about the topic.

Howard are you a natural competitor?
shotgun on the team

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #730 on: May 03, 2010, 12:23:13 PM »
This is my 2 cents (maybe 3).  I regards to Chics sponsorship.  First, it is no ones business but his.  It doesn't affect anyone but him and his family.  Like I said before anyone who have had sponsors are the ONLY ones who can relate.  Having a sponsor or sponsors, is in most instances the easiest money you can make.  You are now getting paid for something you usually do or use for free.  so why not get paid for it.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is either stupid or just pretending and jealous.  BSN I am sure pays  all their sponsored athletes pretty damm good.  How can anyone rag on Chic for signing with them or any other negative is beyond me.  Whether it is $15,000 a year or $100,000 a year it is extra money and not counting the other perks.  And you have to give Chic major props because he doesn't even compete anymore and he is getting sponsorships from companies who would rather use him than 99.999999% of any other available pro BB out there.  What that makes Chic look like is a genius because he has marketed himself to a major company in a manner that they had several corporate meetings about and decided to sign him.  All I know is that is an awesome accomplishment.  And what it says is how stupid most other pros are for not learning to market themselves.  Okay gotta go to lunch
No Worries 4 me

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #731 on: May 03, 2010, 12:54:34 PM »
What that makes Chic look like is a genius because he has marketed himself to a major company in a manner that they had several corporate meetings about and decided to sign him.  

wonder whether the suits at these corporate meetings contemplated the image of Bob wearing sleeveless BSN shirts at various expos with his savage forearms and slob-like upper arms?  :-\

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #732 on: May 03, 2010, 01:22:53 PM »

I suppose you're right Howard, I was just having a little fun and got a little carried away, took it too far. I admited before and still do that it was a little pathetic to be arguing how we were.
Just the nature of internet forums, we have all been guilty of it. ;)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #733 on: May 03, 2010, 01:27:48 PM »
Howard are you a natural competitor?
BOTH!
I did my first show at 19 in 1978, the AAU Eastern Seaboard, even had Chris Dickerson give me my first trophy at that show.
I used in small amounts , one drug at a time from '83- '87 , then stopped.
I competed drug free from '88- '95 in mostly UNtested NPC shows.
I have been on prescribed Androgel for low testosterone for the last few yrs which is common for guys my age ( now 51).
I am going to get back on stage this fall and do my best to diet for the first time in years....yikes. :-[

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #734 on: May 03, 2010, 03:49:45 PM »
This is my 2 cents (maybe 3).  I regards to Chics sponsorship.  First, it is no ones business but his.  It doesn't affect anyone but him and his family.  Like I said before anyone who have had sponsors are the ONLY ones who can relate.  Having a sponsor or sponsors, is in most instances the easiest money you can make.  You are now getting paid for something you usually do or use for free.  so why not get paid for it.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is either stupid or just pretending and jealous.  BSN I am sure pays  all their sponsored athletes pretty damm good.  How can anyone rag on Chic for signing with them or any other negative is beyond me.  Whether it is $15,000 a year or $100,000 a year it is extra money and not counting the other perks.  And you have to give Chic major props because he doesn't even compete anymore and he is getting sponsorships from companies who would rather use him than 99.999999% of any other available pro BB out there.  What that makes Chic look like is a genius because he has marketed himself to a major company in a manner that they had several corporate meetings about and decided to sign him.  All I know is that is an awesome accomplishment.  And what it says is how stupid most other pros are for not learning to market themselves.  Okay gotta go to lunch

Thanks for the props brotherman!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #735 on: May 03, 2010, 03:51:21 PM »
BOTH!
I did my first show at 19 in 1978, the AAU Eastern Seaboard, even had Chris Dickerson give me my first trophy at that show.
I used in small amounts , one drug at a time from '83- '87 , then stopped.
I competed drug free from '88- '95 in mostly UNtested NPC shows.
I have been on prescribed Androgel for low testosterone for the last few yrs which is common for guys my age ( now 51).
I am going to get back on stage this fall and do my best to diet for the first time in years....yikes. :-[

Rock on Howie!

Let me know if you need any advices...

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #736 on: May 03, 2010, 04:47:44 PM »
oh good god
bob plz just stop posting in this thread before you do more damage to bsn
youre doing an amazming thing though...after only being with bsn for less than...what...a month?...youre completely destroying BSNs good name and rep that took years and years to accomplish
w

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #737 on: May 03, 2010, 05:00:25 PM »
Thanks for the props brotherman!

You deserve them for this.  I don't care about the IFBB shit that much anymore.  But, man I milked what I did for as long as I could and if I could still do it I would.  I am lucky that some still remember and give me stuff just to help me.  I have had a few say once I get down in weight and back to shape they would look at me just on the inspirational side of it and consider sponsorship.  So the road is harder this time.  But every guy who says anything bad about you being sponsored by BSN, BB.com or anyone else is just jealous.  

I think Mussolini is a good guy.  He obviously at least has an insight on actual competition and competing in front of a crowd no matter how big or small.  Posing on stage in trunks talks a ton of balls like what you did.  I remember Joe Gold encouraging me to compete in BB and powerlifting at the same time.  I told him unless I can wear OP shorts on stage then forget it.  No way could I ever do that.  And at one time I actually felt good enough that I hardy wore anything but shorts.  No shirt ever.  But I just can't do that.  You have to be very confident to be a bodybuilder (or fucked up in the head like Goodrum). And to fight in front of people and purposely go out and get your face beat in and shit like that takes even more balls.  I chose a sport that takes balls but at least if you get beat or embarrassed it only takes a few seconds.  Plus, armwrestling is known as a sport where anyone can beat anyone.  So humiliation is all part of it and you know that beforehand.

All the others on here who have nothing better to do than rag on people who have actually competed in something for a living and made money doing it, well its too bad they will more than likely never have the drive, skill or determination to achieve.  I know one thing I am jealous as hell you have sponsor like that.  Hopefully if things go right again maybe I will.
No Worries 4 me

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #738 on: May 03, 2010, 05:00:50 PM »
oh good god
youre doing an amazming thing though...after only being with bsn for less than...what...a month?...youre completely destroying BSNs good name and rep that took years and years to accomplish
Bob never answers Gene's questions

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #739 on: May 03, 2010, 07:53:53 PM »
oh good god

lol
TEAM Nasser

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #740 on: May 03, 2010, 08:08:14 PM »
You deserve them for this.  I don't care about the IFBB shit that much anymore.  But, man I milked what I did for as long as I could and if I could still do it I would.  I am lucky that some still remember and give me stuff just to help me.  I have had a few say once I get down in weight and back to shape they would look at me just on the inspirational side of it and consider sponsorship.  So the road is harder this time.  But every guy who says anything bad about you being sponsored by BSN, BB.com or anyone else is just jealous.  

I think Mussolini is a good guy.  He obviously at least has an insight on actual competition and competing in front of a crowd no matter how big or small.  Posing on stage in trunks talks a ton of balls like what you did.  I remember Joe Gold encouraging me to compete in BB and powerlifting at the same time.  I told him unless I can wear OP shorts on stage then forget it.  No way could I ever do that.  And at one time I actually felt good enough that I hardy wore anything but shorts.  No shirt ever.  But I just can't do that.  You have to be very confident to be a bodybuilder (or fucked up in the head like Goodrum). And to fight in front of people and purposely go out and get your face beat in and shit like that takes even more balls.  I chose a sport that takes balls but at least if you get beat or embarrassed it only takes a few seconds.  Plus, armwrestling is known as a sport where anyone can beat anyone.  So humiliation is all part of it and you know that beforehand.

All the others on here who have nothing better to do than rag on people who have actually competed in something for a living and made money doing it, well its too bad they will more than likely never have the drive, skill or determination to achieve.  I know one thing I am jealous as hell you have sponsor like that.  Hopefully if things go right again maybe I will.

Thanks Keith. Everything you said is true. I admit I took it too far with Chick and it really is none of mine or anyones business how much his salary is.
shotgun on the team

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #741 on: May 03, 2010, 08:23:32 PM »
My sources have confirmed to me that the Signing is none other than King Kamali.  This is coming to me from my guys straight at the top.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #742 on: May 03, 2010, 09:21:49 PM »
My sources have confirmed to me that the Signing is none other than King Kamali.  This is coming to me from my guys straight at the top.

Speaking of King Kamali, Chick are you two still close?
shotgun on the team

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #743 on: May 04, 2010, 04:24:59 AM »
Speaking of King Kamali, Chick are you two still close?

Not really...everyone is busy with family, etc..but KIng isnt really involved in the BB scene these days

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #744 on: May 04, 2010, 04:41:19 AM »
Not really...everyone is busy with family, etc..but KIng isnt really involved in the BB scene these days
what's he up to ? did he invest any of the 4 million he got from Puma ?

I'm thinking he could live off investing that

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #745 on: May 04, 2010, 04:43:02 AM »
Already "Mussolini" pussying out of it saying he took it too far  ::)

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #746 on: May 04, 2010, 09:39:34 AM »

hahaha you just ruined your crediability
No Worries 4 me

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #747 on: May 04, 2010, 09:56:11 AM »
Already "Mussolini" pussying out of it saying he took it too far  ::)

Yah, what kind of a pansi admits that arguing on the internet for three days is stupid. Real tough guys would keep at it for weeks and weeks.

Like I have always said If I see Chick at a BSn event or IFBB event in Toronto I will introduce myself and ask what supplments he would recommend for weight cutting. I'm sure a legit "tough guy" such as yourself would just walk right up to someone and throw a haymaker if they insulted you in the slightest on the internet.
shotgun on the team

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #748 on: May 04, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »
Rock on Howie!

Let me know if you need any advices...
Thanks Bob, but I may want to pass on any Arnold like "advice-s" hehehe.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #749 on: May 04, 2010, 10:51:43 AM »
Yah, what kind of a pansi admits that arguing on the internet for three days is stupid. Real tough guys would keep at it for weeks and weeks.

Like I have always said If I see Chick at a BSn event or IFBB event in Toronto I will introduce myself and ask what supplments he would recommend for weight cutting. I'm sure a legit "tough guy" such as yourself would just walk right up to someone and throw a haymaker if they insulted you in the slightest on the internet.
lol@haymaker