Author Topic: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com  (Read 86802 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com
« Reply #750 on: May 04, 2010, 11:22:05 AM »
Yah, what kind of a pansi admits that arguing on the internet for three days is stupid. Real tough guys would keep at it for weeks and weeks.

Like I have always said If I see Chick at a BSn event or IFBB event in Toronto I will introduce myself and ask what supplments he would recommend for weight cutting. I'm sure a legit "tough guy" such as yourself would just walk right up to someone and throw a haymaker if they insulted you in the slightest on the internet.

I bet you are saying "wtf" was i thinking when you were in the midst of this forum pissing contest with Bob.
It is all too easy to get caught up in some lame internet fight for some silly reasons. LOL

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #751 on: May 04, 2010, 01:03:47 PM »
I bet you are saying "wtf" was i thinking when you were in the midst of this forum pissing contest with Bob.
It is all too easy to get caught up in some lame internet fight for some silly reasons. LOL

It wasn't silly Howard.  Bob threw out needless insults when Muss made a rather astute point.  Don't you get tired swining on Bob's nuts all day?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #752 on: May 04, 2010, 01:19:29 PM »
It wasn't silly Howard.  Bob threw out needless insults when Muss made a rather astute point.  Don't you get tired swining on Bob's nuts all day?
If you read all the posts ( and got bored hehe) you would have seen that I was first critical of Bob for getting into it so deeply with Mussolini ( a fan).
In my opinion, BOTH went overboard and didn't stick with the real issue.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #753 on: May 04, 2010, 02:25:48 PM »

First of all, whether you like Bob or not, the man is doing quite well, and will continue.  In terms of the nutrirtion and supplement industry, Bob is a force, and always takes the time to talk to people.

But some of you are clearly ignorant, and that is ok too, time and education will help (but only some of you).

Bob is doing quite well with his contract at BSN, and they are happy too.   Bodybuilding.com is doing well too with all that occured.

Some of you are dismayed at Bob's success. Oh well.

I can tell you that many pro bodybuilders are also dismayed that Bob can continue to be successful out there. Kodus to Bob.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #754 on: May 04, 2010, 02:31:59 PM »
First of all, whether you like Bob or not, the man is doing quite well, and will continue.  In terms of the nutrirtion and supplement industry, Bob is a force, and always takes the time to talk to people.

But some of you are clearly ignorant, and that is ok too, time and education will help (but only some of you).

Bob is doing quite well with his contract at BSN, and they are happy too.   Bodybuilding.com is doing well too with all that occured.

I can tell you that many pro bodybuilders are also dismayed that Bob can continue to be successful out there. Kodus to Bob.

Ok "Ron" ::)

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #755 on: May 04, 2010, 02:47:48 PM »
I can tell you that many pro bodybuilders are also dismayed that Bob can continue to be successful out there.

that's not a healthy dynamic to have between many pro bodybuilders and their "athlete's rep."

is Bob using the position primarily to advance his own interests?

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #756 on: May 04, 2010, 02:53:59 PM »

Kudos

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #757 on: May 04, 2010, 03:02:25 PM »
that's not a healthy dynamic to have between many pro bodybuilders and their "athlete's rep."

I hope it serves as an example to them...there are many different aspects of being a pro BB, only ONE which is competing. By using all your skills as a spokesman, etc...hopefully you can create your own opportunities and stay valuable to a company.

American Muscle

• Getbig II
  • POW in the WOD
« Reply #758 on: May 04, 2010, 03:44:19 PM »
I hope it serves as an example to them...there are many different aspects of being a pro BB, only ONE which is competing. By using all your skills as a spokesman, etc...hopefully you can create your own opportunities and stay valuable to a company.

Haha..I was against Chick earlier in the thread, but he's topped it off quite nicely with this post.  The thread should now be closed.
Fight the Enemy

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #759 on: May 04, 2010, 05:05:38 PM »

As a former US marine you are told to "lead by example". You do a good job of that Bob!

Ok bob, I know I should leave it at that, but I want to make one more obnoxious pt (about pro BB's ).
Obviously, most on this board don't think there is anything wrong with steroid use.
I hear plenty of hardcore BB's claim that their steroid use is a personal decision.
Hmmm, if they are NOT doing anything wrong, how come they can't openly admit their drug use?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #760 on: May 04, 2010, 06:34:09 PM »
As a former US marine you are told to "lead by example". You do a good job of that Bob!

Ok bob, I know I should leave it at that, but I want to make one more obnoxious pt (about pro BB's ).
Obviously, most on this board don't think there is anything wrong with steroid use.
I hear plenty of hardcore BB's claim that their steroid use is a personal decision.
Hmmm, if they are NOT doing anything wrong, how come they can't openly admit their drug use?

Doing something wrong legally is a lot different than doing something wrong morally (according to some)...no different than someone not admitting to engaging in prostitution, or smoking pot....two things which are victimless crimes (according to the law)...

Combine that with the fact that BBers take a burn to having every bit of their accomplishments based on the one simple act of using PED, and we have our answer...

Unfortunately, it's what the ignorant like to use to justify their own lack of being...in ALL phases of life. Pick the success story...they have a reason the other person did it, and they didnt...I.E- it was the coaches son, he brown nosed the manager, they had a free ride/ born into money, etc etc..

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #761 on: May 04, 2010, 06:42:08 PM »
Doing something wrong legally is a lot different than doing something wrong morally (according to some)...no different than someone not admitting to engaging in prostitution, or smoking pot....two things which are victimless crimes (according to the law)...

Combine that with the fact that BBers take a burn to having every bit of their accomplishments based on the one simple act of using PED, and we have our answer...

Unfortunately, it's what the ignorant like to use to justify their own lack of being...in ALL phases of life. Pick the success story...they have a reason the other person did it, and they didnt...I.E- it was the coaches son, he brown nosed the manager, they had a free ride/ born into money, etc etc..

Bob, what played a bigger role in you sporting the physique that you did during your competitive years - steroids & other drugs OR supplements similar to what BSN offers?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #762 on: May 04, 2010, 06:44:11 PM »
Bob, what played a bigger role in you sporting the physique that you did during your competitive years - steroids & other drugs OR supplements similar to what BSN offers?

20 years of training and dieting along with 2 hours/ day of cardio...

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #763 on: May 04, 2010, 06:47:05 PM »
hey Bob I dont guess you can get me a discount on Higher Power Protein 5lb Vanilla can you?

I've asked you before

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #764 on: May 04, 2010, 06:50:29 PM »
20 years of training and dieting along with 2 hours/ day of cardio...

Bob, do you agree that "20 years of training and dieting along with 2 hours/day of cardio" plus steroids & other drugs
gave you a much better physique than what you would have achieved with
"20 years of training and dieting along with 2 hours/day of cardio" plus supplements similar to what BSN offers?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #765 on: May 04, 2010, 06:52:40 PM »
Bob, do you agree that "20 years of training and dieting along with 2 hours/day of cardio" plus steroids & other drugs
"20 years of training and dieting along with 2 hours/day of cardio" plus supplements similar to what BSN offers?
what do u think?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #766 on: May 04, 2010, 06:56:27 PM »

You're talking apples and oranges...whats your point?

Thay all have their place

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #767 on: May 04, 2010, 07:25:44 PM »
Bob is a chameleon. One minute he is with one supplement company and then this month he is representing another. What a load of crap. Those supplements aren't necessary for bodybuilding and Bob should shake his head in shame. What a disgraceful way to make a living....helping to dupe young guys out of their money for unnecessary supplements.

Bob says whatever he needs to say to make a living. Where is his integrity? Well, you abandon that when you become a professional bodybuilder. You learn to follow orders and not cause any trouble. Heck, Bob helps enforce rules instead of helping the pros. No wonder they aren't happy that he makes more money than most of them. He represents them then comments on the quality of their physiques on the broadcasts. I mean.....only in bodybuilding could anyone do this.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #768 on: May 04, 2010, 07:29:04 PM »
Bob is a chameleon. One minute he is with one supplement company and then this month he is representing another. What a load of crap. Those supplements aren't necessary for bodybuilding and Bob should shake his head in shame. What a disgraceful way to make a living....helping to dupe young guys out of their money for unnecessary supplements.

Bob says whatever he needs to say to make a living. Where is his integrity? Well, you abandon that when you become a professional bodybuilder. You learn to follow orders and not cause any trouble. Heck, Bob helps enforce rules instead of helping the pros. No wonder they aren't happy that he makes more money than most of them. He represents them then comments on the quality of their physiques on the broadcasts. I mean.....only in bodybuilding could anyone do this.

Yep...one minute (7 years with the same company) then on to the next...

Jesus Christ, Basile...cant you be accurate on just ONE thing??

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #769 on: May 04, 2010, 07:36:27 PM »
Bob you are a salesman and nothing more. We see guys like you in the camera and guitar businesses. Eventually guys end up doing the rounds of the various shops. Then they push whatever the store is selling. Integrity goes before a fall or something like that.

How about disclosing what really happened at Bodybuilding com? We all thought you were part of the company. How could they stand to lose someone as valuable as you to the opposition?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #770 on: May 04, 2010, 07:45:39 PM »
Bob you are a salesman and nothing more. We see guys like you in the camera and guitar businesses. Eventually guys end up doing the rounds of the various shops. Then they push whatever the store is selling. Integrity goes before a fall or something like that.

How about disclosing what really happened at Bodybuilding com? We all thought you were part of the company. How could they stand to lose someone as valuable as you to the opposition?

It's not the opposition, fool....BB.com carries BSN products, as they are one of their two best selling companies...

Dont you get tired of being wrong all the time?

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #771 on: May 04, 2010, 07:49:57 PM »
You're talking apples and oranges...whats your point?

Thay all have their place

yes, it's apples and oranges pebbles.

one (the steroids & other drugs) were necessary for you to achieve the physique that you desired.

the other (supplements similar to what BSN offers) were (and are) unnecessary.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #772 on: May 04, 2010, 07:53:57 PM »
yes, it's apples and oranges pebbles.

one (the steroids & other drugs) were necessary for you to achieve the physique that you desired.

the other (supplements similar to what BSN offers) were (and are) unnecessary.

10 years ago, many of the supplements out now, werent invented yet...so the supps I used were not as advanced, nor do I have any way of calculating how important/ unimportant they were...

Why do you care either way?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #773 on: May 04, 2010, 07:56:42 PM »
So you got demoted, Bob? Please tell us what happened in the president's office. Must have been a big disappointment for you. Sounds like the shaft no matter what you say.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #774 on: May 04, 2010, 08:02:08 PM »
So you got demoted, Bob? Please tell us what happened in the president's office. Must have been a big disappointment for you. Sounds like the shaft no matter what you say.

What the hell are you talking about you senile old bastard?

It's a whole different company...I'm a spokesman...for a DIFFERENT company.

ImBasile...