Author Topic: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com  (Read 86790 times)

tom joad

• Getbig V
Re: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com
« Reply #775 on: May 04, 2010, 08:03:17 PM »
10 years ago, many of the supplements out now, werent invented yet...so the supps I used were not as advanced, nor do I have any way of calculating how important/ unimportant they were...

what revolutionary effective supplements are available now that weren't available 10 years ago?

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #776 on: May 04, 2010, 08:05:21 PM »
Bob did you do 2 hours of cardio a day year round or only for the 3 months leading up to a contest? What were your preffered methods of cardio?
shotgun on the team

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #777 on: May 04, 2010, 08:07:38 PM »
what revolutionary effective supplements are available now that weren't available 10 years ago?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #778 on: May 04, 2010, 08:08:00 PM »
Bob did you do 2 hours of cardio a day year round or only for the 3 months leading up to a contest?

Noooo...only for the 12 week prep. we overkilled everything back in the day...2 one hour sessions STARTING at the 12 week point...amazing we stepped on stage with any muscle at all...emphasis back then was on training, not recovery

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #779 on: May 04, 2010, 08:52:49 PM »

It's a whole different company...I'm a spokesman...for a DIFFERENT company.

Sometimes you get the elevator and sometimes the shaft. You would never know from the way you write about it.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #780 on: May 04, 2010, 10:22:15 PM »
Bob is a chameleon. One minute he is with one supplement company and then this month he is representing another. What a load of crap. Those supplements aren't necessary for bodybuilding and Bob should shake his head in shame. What a disgraceful way to make a living....helping to dupe young guys out of their money for unnecessary supplements.

Bob says whatever he needs to say to make a living. Where is his integrity? Well, you abandon that when you become a professional bodybuilder. You learn to follow orders and not cause any trouble. Heck, Bob helps enforce rules instead of helping the pros. No wonder they aren't happy that he makes more money than most of them. He represents them then comments on the quality of their physiques on the broadcasts. I mean.....only in bodybuilding could anyone do this.

Vince gotta disagree with you.  Tell me and the others right now that if a supplement company offered to sponsor you cause you are former Mr. Canada and live the bodybuilding lifestyle and wanted to pay you say $40,000 a year plus travel to at least 5 shows around the world all expenses paid and free supps you would take it.  If you say anything but YES, you are lying big time.  If a supplement company or any company offered to pay you to train and do what you do everyday way back in the 70's would you have taken it.  If you say anything but YES you are lying.  For some reason I am taking Bob's side lately but it is because I can't believe how ignorant and stupid some people can be.  of all people you at least competed and have a title.  You should at least realize and know that having one sponsor or many sponsors only makes life easier.  And I don't know what kind of products you buy or use in your life but if you think the people who do the commercials and ads actually use the products they are endorsing then honestly you should move in with Goodrum.   I love it when people are questioning Bob's sponsorship.  When a company waves money (and alot of it) in your face you DO NOT say no unless you can afford it. .00009% of people in the world are so proper and perfect that they would not endorse something unless they actually use it and believe in it.  And I guarantee you NOT one of those are on Getbig.  Shit Vince you might hate Bob and whatever but you got to give him props for being able to get sponsors  even when he is not competing anymore.  Fuck!  I think that is awesome. 
No Worries 4 me

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #781 on: May 04, 2010, 10:36:56 PM »
I endorsed the Neil Lewis Arm Trainer in 1970 and got one for free for my troubles. I left it with a mate when I emigrated to Australia. Big Jim Forsythe now has that unit.

I wouldn't endorse a supplement company with one exception. If someone made a weight gain product that tasted good and worked. The last good one I tried was Protein 101 by Weider before the authorities took it off the market here in Australia for label misinformation. Young guys need more calories, not protein, to build muscle.

Bob knows a lot of insiders in bodybuilding. He helps them and they help him. Do you honestly think a stooge would do that pro rep job for free? Hell, no, there has to be some benefit. The pro league is a closed shop of yes men who get rewarded for their loyalty and work.

He was rewarded when he stole the title from Rusty Jeffers. You used to post about this so don't change your mind now.

No matter what I think about the matter I have absolutely no interest in poofters.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #782 on: May 04, 2010, 11:05:21 PM »
I endorsed the Neil Lewis Arm Trainer in 1970 and got one for free for my troubles. I left it with a mate when I emigrated to Australia. Big Jim Forsythe now has that unit.

I wouldn't endorse a supplement company with one exception. If someone made a weight gain product that tasted good and worked. The last good one I tried was Protein 101 by Weider before the authorities took it off the market here in Australia for label misinformation. Young guys need more calories, not protein, to build muscle.

Bob knows a lot of insiders in bodybuilding. He helps them and they help him. Do you honestly think a stooge would do that pro rep job for free? Hell, no, there has to be some benefit. The pro league is a closed shop of yes men who get rewarded for their loyalty and work.

He was rewarded when he stole the title from Rusty Jeffers. You used to post about this so don't change your mind now.

No matter what I think about the matter I have absolutely no interest in poofters.

I still think Rusty looked better.  I think he looked awesome.  But, I don't dwell on it cause what for it isn't going to change a thing.  Anyway, I have always supported what you have done.  Everyone rags you but I have always been there cause I know they are either doing it just to fuck with you or they are jealous. 
No Worries 4 me

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #783 on: May 05, 2010, 10:33:11 AM »
Noooo...only for the 12 week prep. we overkilled everything back in the day...2 one hour sessions STARTING at the 12 week point...amazing we stepped on stage with any muscle at all...emphasis back then was on training, not recovery

Yes, 2 1 hour sessions of 3mph on the treadmill is really killer  ::)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #784 on: May 05, 2010, 10:51:27 AM »

C'mon Vince you are a better man that that, c'mon trying to crack on Bob over winning his masters pro title is pretty low .As a former title winner you of all folks should know better.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #785 on: May 05, 2010, 10:55:32 AM »
Vince gotta disagree with you.  Tell me and the others right now that if a supplement company offered to sponsor you cause you are former Mr. Canada and live the bodybuilding lifestyle and wanted to pay you say $40,000 a year plus travel to at least 5 shows around the world all expenses paid and free supps you would take it.  If you say anything but YES, you are lying big time.  If a supplement company or any company offered to pay you to train and do what you do everyday way back in the 70's would you have taken it.  If you say anything but YES you are lying.  For some reason I am taking Bob's side lately but it is because I can't believe how ignorant and stupid some people can be.  of all people you at least competed and have a title.  You should at least realize and know that having one sponsor or many sponsors only makes life easier.  And I don't know what kind of products you buy or use in your life but if you think the people who do the commercials and ads actually use the products they are endorsing then honestly you should move in with Goodrum.   I love it when people are questioning Bob's sponsorship.  When a company waves money (and alot of it) in your face you DO NOT say no unless you can afford it. .00009% of people in the world are so proper and perfect that they would not endorse something unless they actually use it and believe in it.  And I guarantee you NOT one of those are on Getbig.  Shit Vince you might hate Bob and whatever but you got to give him props for being able to get sponsors  even when he is not competing anymore.  Fuck!  I think that is awesome. 

Some people have morals and standards.  Personally, I would not have my name and likeness attached to a product that I KNEW was ineffective and did not live up to label claims.  And this applies to just about EVERY supplement on the market with the exception of some protein powders.  So, Keith, you are saying that if someone said here's 40 grand, I want you to sell this product that we say will make you a champion arm wrassler (and you know it's bunk) you are saying you would take the money?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #786 on: May 05, 2010, 11:09:10 AM »
Yes, 2 1 hour sessions of 3mph on the treadmill is really killer  ::)

Spoken by someone who's never seen the inside of a gym...

It doesnt have to be "killer"...it's tedious an draining, while on a extremely low carb diet...making yourself sound really intelligent

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #787 on: May 05, 2010, 12:02:43 PM »

well Bob?  i lobbed you a softball question.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #788 on: May 05, 2010, 12:18:50 PM »
well Bob?  i lobbed you a softball question.

chicky is too busy texting. . .lmao

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #789 on: May 05, 2010, 12:21:50 PM »
10 years ago, many of the supplements out now, werent invented yet...so the supps I used were not as advanced, nor do I have any way of calculating how important/ unimportant they were...

Why do you care either way?

Dont believe you answered mine...

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #790 on: May 05, 2010, 12:51:47 PM »
Dont believe you answered mine...

i'm open to buying supplements from BSN or another company if a knowledgeable representative can give me a credible explanation how using their products would further my bodybuilding goals (better than or more than simply consuming nutritious food & coffee etc. already does.)

i'm a cautious consumer but i'll spend my money on top notch quality products.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #791 on: May 05, 2010, 01:06:41 PM »
i'm open to buying supplements from BSN or another company if a knowledgeable representative can give me a credible explanation how using their products would further my bodybuilding goals (better than or more than simply consuming nutritious food & coffee etc. already does.)

i'm a cautious consumer but i'll spend my money on top notch quality products.

Great...I'll get back to you when I have full knowledge of the entire line they carry.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #792 on: May 05, 2010, 01:09:59 PM »
Spoken by someone who's never seen the inside of a gym...

It doesnt have to be "killer"...it's tedious an draining, while on a extremely low carb diet...making yourself sound really intelligent

Lol, no it isnt, try running a marathon distance with little to eat.Dont try and tell me walking 3mph for 1 hour is killer when your jacked up on stims.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #793 on: May 05, 2010, 01:11:51 PM »
Lol, no it isnt, try running a marathon distance with little to eat.Dont try and tell me walking 3mph for 1 hour is killer when your jacked up on stims.

look, chicky has to make it sound difficult...if he doesn't then he's just all drugs and nothing special...and according to Tom Princess we all know that's not true

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #794 on: May 05, 2010, 05:08:56 PM »
Some people have morals and standards.  Personally, I would not have my name and likeness attached to a product that I KNEW was ineffective and did not live up to label claims.  And this applies to just about EVERY supplement on the market with the exception of some protein powders.  So, Keith, you are saying that if someone said here's 40 grand, I want you to sell this product that we say will make you a champion arm wrassler (and you know it's bunk) you are saying you would take the money?
the public is reality should see for themselves if something works.  Perfect example are all those stupid hydroxycut ads where they have a chubby girl in one photo and then smaller in the next.  Or even Playboy.  Every photo is photshopped to look better.  Some people believe it and some know better.  If a company offers me $40,000 to promote their product 100% yes I would do it.  Just like 99% of every person out there would.  My Gillette commercial was made to look like it shaved so close that we loved it so much we shaved our heads.  hopefully people are not going to see that commercial and then love it so much go out and shave their heads.  Having morals and standards have NOTHING to do with it when it comes to your livelihood and financial security.  Is someone else going to pay you $40,000 to promote something you actually use and believe in.  if you wait for that to happen you will NOT be in that business long.  unless you are someone very rich and powerful and can afford to say no to money of that amount then you are really dumb not to take it.  Now if there was anything that blantantly had anything negative to do with children or the elderly I would not do it.  Simply because that IS something I am strong about and even more important it is something that can serious effect your future in other endeavors. 
No Worries 4 me

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #795 on: May 05, 2010, 05:15:40 PM »
Ok, I can have done a full marathon back years ago in 4 hrs and 11 min. I have also done a boatload of bodybuilding meets.
No question that the last hr of the marathon was the worst exercise based fatigue I ever had to endure.
Bodybuilding prep is more gradual and constant. In terms of fatigue, running a marathon is like getting kicked in the face while contest prep is a nagging tooth ache that lasts for a few weeks.

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #796 on: May 06, 2010, 12:42:28 AM »
the public is reality should see for themselves if something works.  Perfect example are all those stupid hydroxycut ads where they have a chubby girl in one photo and then smaller in the next.  Or even Playboy.  Every photo is photshopped to look better.  Some people believe it and some know better.  If a company offers me $40,000 to promote their product 100% yes I would do it.  Just like 99% of every person out there would.  My Gillette commercial was made to look like it shaved so close that we loved it so much we shaved our heads.  hopefully people are not going to see that commercial and then love it so much go out and shave their heads.  Having morals and standards have NOTHING to do with it when it comes to your livelihood and financial security.  Is someone else going to pay you $40,000 to promote something you actually use and believe in.  if you wait for that to happen you will NOT be in that business long.  unless you are someone very rich and powerful and can afford to say no to money of that amount then you are really dumb not to take it.  Now if there was anything that blantantly had anything negative to do with children or the elderly I would not do it.  Simply because that IS something I am strong about and even more important it is something that can serious effect your future in other endeavors. 

I sorta remember that Gillette commercial...I had to go through 7th grade bald because of you!!! ;D

With the internet available, you are an absolute moron to not research the cheapest grocery store let alone some concoction that is going into your body. I know a chick that falls for all of this crap monthly, and never diets or exercises, thus she never loses weight or improves.

People buying the supplements have a head first mentality with them, and that is to read the ads and buy whatever they think works the best despite the results. Most people buy this stuff in order to find that missing ingredient in their program. Unfortunately companies like MuscleTech make it out like they can expect steroid like results or at least expect it to make up for genetics, which is ridiculous.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #797 on: May 06, 2010, 09:59:29 AM »
I sorta remember that Gillette commercial...I had to go through 7th grade bald because of you!!! ;D

With the internet available, you are an absolute moron to not research the cheapest grocery store let alone some concoction that is going into your body. I know a chick that falls for all of this crap monthly, and never diets or exercises, thus she never loses weight or improves.

People buying the supplements have a head first mentality with them, and that is to read the ads and buy whatever they think works the best despite the results. Most people buy this stuff in order to find that missing ingredient in their program. Unfortunately companies like MuscleTech make it out like they can expect steroid like results or at least expect it to make up for genetics, which is ridiculous.

Exactly, people are going to buy regardless.  That is why the company is in business.  It is up to the consumer to research and look into it.  To turn down money especially in this economy or ever is just not a smart thing to do. 
No Worries 4 me

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #798 on: May 06, 2010, 10:03:42 AM »

Once you lose that you are nothing but a prostitute...no better than any crack whore that sells her ass on the street.  You basically admit that you would LIE for money.  Sad Keith.  I thought you were a better man.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #799 on: May 06, 2010, 10:14:03 AM »
I get what Keith is saying. Endorsements are part of the prizes available to champions and so on. We all know that when we see them doing ads. It is one thing to be all righteous on the net but quite another if someone paid good money for an endorsement. Instead of 40,000 what if you were offered 400,000 or even 4 million a year? Hell, even a saint might have to think twice about that one!