Author Topic: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com  (Read 86806 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com
« Reply #800 on: May 06, 2010, 10:26:25 AM »
I get what Keith is saying. Endorsements are part of the prizes available to champions and so on. We all know that when we see them doing ads. It is one thing to be all righteous on the net but quite another if someone paid good money for an endorsement. Instead of 40,000 what if you were offered 400,000 or even 4 million a year? Hell, even a saint might have to think twice about that one!
Ok Vince, here is my take based on what I know about marketing a product.
A well known personality brings attention to your product regardless of what you are selling.
By having a well known personality like Bob Chick on board, folks like me, will give their line of products a closer look.
If I like the product, I will continue to buy it and say some good things when asked, so it gets promoted word of mouth as well.
I know you don't like Bob, and he said some sarcastic stuff to you, etc. I honestly think if you reached out in a reasonable fair way, Bob would respond in kind.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #801 on: May 06, 2010, 10:31:43 AM »
Bob Chick is a ^%#%# asshole. He says personal things about me that border on slander. I don't respect bastards like that and he doesn't deserve the success he has had.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #802 on: May 06, 2010, 11:08:06 AM »
Once you lose that you are nothing but a prostitute...no better than any crack whore that sells her ass on the street.  You basically admit that you would LIE for money.  Sad Keith.  I thought you were a better man.

I'm sorry I let you down but I am in good company cause 99%+ of every person who endorses products or does commercials are the same way.  Sorry but that is a fact.  That is what marketing is.  Illusion.  Make a product seem better than it is.  Do what you can to make that product look appealing to as many people as possible.  Look at nearly every commercial or ad.  Very rarely do they ONLY put actual facts about the product.  They need to sugar coat it they need to give it more life than it really has.  If not then you won't be in business.  Just a slight twist of a word can change something to make it look better.  Goodrum tries this.  He bullshits and twists facts just enough not to blatantly lie but just enough to make himself sound better than he is.  The only problem with that is everyone already knows he is full of shit so it doesn't matter.

When you see a Muscletech ad that says it is 4000% stronger than anything else available do you believe it.  I hope not.  I also hope you don't think Redbull gives you wings.
No Worries 4 me

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #803 on: May 06, 2010, 06:53:54 PM »
Bob Chick is a ^%#%# asshole. He says personal things about me that border on slander. I don't respect bastards like that and he doesn't deserve the success he has had.

Why so serious??

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #804 on: May 06, 2010, 06:57:45 PM »

He was rewarded when he stole the title from Rusty Jeffers.

Somebody nudge the turntable the record is stuck again.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #805 on: May 06, 2010, 06:58:52 PM »

X2, the personal attacks on you warrant a law suit against this charlatan

TEAM Nasser

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #806 on: May 06, 2010, 07:00:19 PM »

Sorry ImBasile...cant be slander when it's true.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #807 on: May 06, 2010, 07:01:25 PM »
I'm with Chick on this one, Basile is one creepy dude.
E

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #808 on: May 06, 2010, 07:02:12 PM »
How can chick endorse products he knows are a bunch of bullshit.  We all know professional bodybuilders, amateurs and any other sports athlete take steroids and hgh, the real shit, not this snake oil. 
TEAM Nasser

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #809 on: May 06, 2010, 07:06:51 PM »
Bob thinks it is funny to allude that I drive around in a white van. While that is innocent enough we all know what he is referring to and for that insinuation the guy is a goddamned %$#%#%# asshole. Wait until he  becomes a grandfather and see how amusing quips like that are. Bob also likes to tell others I am stupid. Well, I doubt he can match my intellect as he is a rather pedestrian, uneducated bloke. That doesn't stop him from trying to put down anyone who challenges him. He has no integrity. That is a quality I live by. There is nothing wrong with being old. He should know that because he won a Masters title. Yet he thinks by calling someone old and senile it is a putdown. Well, Bob Chicerillo is a nasty, smug, almost thug dickhead, and I am saying that under my real name. I would say that to his face, make no mistake about that. His only comeback would be to insist it is just bullshit on Getbig. Well he can go and get stuffed, the asshole. He has no moral right to any rewards in bodybuilding as far as I am concerned. He cleverly stops just short of slandering me but the damage is done. Everyone knows that.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #810 on: May 06, 2010, 07:08:48 PM »
Sorry ImBasile...cant be slander when it's true.

Well, what is true, Bob? Spell it out for the dim-witted here? There is no doubt at all that you are a nasty human being with very little integrity.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #811 on: May 06, 2010, 07:10:38 PM »
Well, what is true, Bob? Spell it out for the dim-witted here? There is no doubt at all that you are a nasty human being with very little integrity.

That you enjoy the company of young lads?
E

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #812 on: May 06, 2010, 07:11:30 PM »
Bob thinks it is funny to allude that I drive around in a white van. While that is innocent enough we all know what he is referring to and for that insinuation the guy is a goddamned %$#%#%# asshole. Wait until he  becomes a grandfather and see how amusing quips like that are. Bob also likes to tell others I am stupid. Well, I doubt he can match my intellect as he is a rather pedestrian, uneducated bloke. That doesn't stop him from trying to put down anyone who challenges him. He has no integrity. That is a quality I live by. There is nothing wrong with being old. He should know that because he won a Masters title. Yet he thinks by calling someone old and senile it is a putdown. Well, Bob Chicerillo is a nasty, smug, almost thug dickhead, and I am saying that under my real name. I would say that to his face, make no mistake about that. His only comeback would be to insist it is just bullshit on Getbig. Well he can go and get stuffed, the asshole. He has no moral right to any rewards in bodybuilding as far as I am concerned. He cleverly stops just short of slandering me but the damage is done. Everyone knows that.

what your really trying to convey here vince, and if i am wrong correct me....is that you harbor a great deal of anger and pathos; that you have never been fully recognized for what you consider to be your greatest achievement.  

i.e.........Pissboys Gone Wild ::) ::) ::)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #813 on: May 06, 2010, 07:13:35 PM »

Vince most around here know Bob would lie and make stuff up about people to look like he is winning an argument, so the only people influence by what Bob is saying are people who are new to the board.

TEAM Nasser

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #814 on: May 06, 2010, 07:31:25 PM »
I'm sorry I let you down but I am in good company cause 99%+ of every person who endorses products or does commercials are the same way.  Sorry but that is a fact.  That is what marketing is.  Illusion.  Make a product seem better than it is.  Do what you can to make that product look appealing to as many people as possible.  Look at nearly every commercial or ad.  Very rarely do they ONLY put actual facts about the product.  They need to sugar coat it they need to give it more life than it really has.  If not then you won't be in business.  Just a slight twist of a word can change something to make it look better.  Goodrum tries this.  He bullshits and twists facts just enough not to blatantly lie but just enough to make himself sound better than he is.  The only problem with that is everyone already knows he is full of shit so it doesn't matter.

When you see a Muscletech ad that says it is 4000% stronger than anything else available do you believe it.  I hope not.  I also hope you don't think Redbull gives you wings.

Keith, I just want to let you know that I appreciate the free rent you give me inside your head.... ;D

Fact is that Bob simply has moved on with another company and that's pretty much it.  He did his job at BB.com and decided to move on.  Most people don't realize this but BSN's headquarters is in FL and if I'm not mistaken Chick lives in Florida so this job will be a lot closer to home which prob factored in with him deciding to sign.
A

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #815 on: May 06, 2010, 07:43:50 PM »

Keith, I just want to let you know that I appreciate the free rent you give me inside your head.... ;D

Fact is that Bob simply has moved on with another company and that's pretty much it.  He did his job at BB.com and decided to move on.  Most people don't realize this but BSN's headquarters is in FL and if I'm not mistaken Chick lives in Florida so this job will be a lot closer to home which prob factored in with him deciding to sign.

Yea Vince you are one of the few who knows BSN's headquarters is in Florida.  Thanks for telling us. ::) ::) ::)  Hey have you eaten at Vigne's down the street from your place. 
No Worries 4 me

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #816 on: May 06, 2010, 08:11:16 PM »
How can chick endorse products he knows are a bunch of bullshit.  We all know professional bodybuilders, amateurs and any other sports athlete take steroids and hgh, the real shit, not this snake oil.  

Judging from your pics, son...you could use all the snake oil, GH, steroids,  you can get your hands on...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #817 on: May 06, 2010, 08:12:56 PM »
Shouldn't someone that calls themself a "pro" actually compete? In most cases after a Pro is done competing they call themselves "former" pros.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #818 on: May 06, 2010, 08:22:25 PM »
Judging from your pics, son...you could use all the snake oil, GH, steroids,  you can get your hands on...

are you kidding me....move over kai greene

a new genetic precedent is about to be set.... :-\

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #819 on: May 06, 2010, 08:25:47 PM »

Hopefully when I become a grandfather, I wont be spending my time taking pictures of complete strangers and attending people funerals I dont know....

As for questioning your intelligence..LOL..pleas e...you havent been able to engage in ANY kind of debate since day one, as you're misinformed, ignorant and clueless. And you wonder why people think you're senile....opening your mouth, perhaps?

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #820 on: May 07, 2010, 12:39:23 AM »
Hopefully when I become a grandfather, I wont be spending my time taking pictures of complete strangers and attending people funerals I dont know....

As for questioning your intelligence..LOL..pleas e...you havent been able to engage in ANY kind of debate since day one, as you're misinformed, ignorant and clueless. And you wonder why people think you're senile....opening your mouth, perhaps?

Bob, you have the vocabulary of a 5th grader, while Vince is that of a professor. He may have strange opinions, but his IQ is miles above yours! ;D

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #821 on: May 07, 2010, 07:57:54 AM »

Name calling--Chick's typical response when he can't directly address the arguments.  Sad for someone employed to be a public spokesman.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #822 on: May 07, 2010, 09:12:03 AM »

Bob, correct me if I am wrong , but here is my impression on some aspects of the supplement company endorsement contracts.
To me , it seems similar to when a pro athletes signs with one team, then gets traded or becomes a free agent and signs with another team. As a pro he plays his heart out for each team WHEN HE IS A MEMBER of that team.

As for the internet fued between you and Vince B, the whole thing can be entertaining , but seems pretty silly overall.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #823 on: May 07, 2010, 11:15:09 AM »
Vince/Chick, You have been at each others throats for as long as I can remember on here. How did your fued begin?
shotgun on the team

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #824 on: May 07, 2010, 11:23:32 AM »
Vince/Chick, You have been at each others throats for as long as I can remember on here. How did your fued begin?
Bob won the NPC USA ( 2000) and Vince won the IFBB Canada (1970). It is only natural they would fued to see who would rule North America. All we need is for them to posedown in the masters div at the IFBB N America this yr.
I think both of them would get beat by a ripped masters from Mexico.