Author Topic: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com  (Read 86807 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com
« Reply #825 on: May 07, 2010, 11:29:06 AM »
Vince/Chick, You have been at each others throats for as long as I can remember on here. How did your fued begin?
Reminds me of the Hatfields and McCoys.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #826 on: May 07, 2010, 11:46:20 AM »
Bob do you remember competing with Jessie Schwiers??
D

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #827 on: May 07, 2010, 12:03:58 PM »
Bob won the NPC USA ( 2000) and Vince won the IFBB Canada (1970). It is only natural they would fued to see who would rule North America. All we need is for them to posedown in the masters div at the IFBB N America this yr.
I think both of them would get beat by a ripped masters from Mexico.

Oh I see, its is a fued over who rules North America. Vince do you still reside in Canada?
shotgun on the team

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #828 on: May 07, 2010, 12:05:50 PM »
Hopefully when I become a grandfather, I wont be spending my time taking pictures of complete strangers

Especially when those strangers are young children!

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #829 on: May 07, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »
Especially when those strangers are young children!

It's nice to see some people who see just how vile taking pics of shirtless young lads and sharing them online with God knows who truly is.
E

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #830 on: May 07, 2010, 12:47:05 PM »
One of my sponsors when I competed at the start was Vuarnet Sunglasses which at the time were very popular and expensive for the time.  I made very good money from them and got as many pairs of glasses as I wanted.  Every friend had a pair, shows I worked on I gave certain people free pairs.  when I worked on Over the Top every crew member got a pair and Stallone kept bugging me for a pair of the gold Aviators which were over $300.  I made him beg (through his people of course) for awhile till he finally got a pair.  Well, the owner called me in when it was time to renew and told me they had to drop me.  It wasn't for lack of exposure or anything I did it was because I was paid too much.  So we left though on good terms.  Well at the time Revo was their biggest rival.  I called Revo and talked to the person in charge of sponsorships and told him the situation I had with Vuarnet.  Well he was very excited and I signed with them a one year contract right away.  Same terms as Vuarnet.  They had great glasses too but they didn't make me clothes like Vuarnet

Photo below is a movie where I got them in
No Worries 4 me

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #831 on: May 07, 2010, 01:05:09 PM »
One of my sponsors when I competed at the start was Vuarnet Sunglasses which at the time were very popular and expensive for the time.  I made very good money from them and got as many pairs of glasses as I wanted.  Every friend had a pair, shows I worked on I gave certain people free pairs.  when I worked on Over the Top every crew member got a pair and Stallone kept bugging me for a pair of the gold Aviators which were over $300.  I made him beg (through his people of course) for awhile till he finally got a pair.  Well, the owner called me in when it was time to renew and told me they had to drop me.  It wasn't for lack of exposure or anything I did it was because I was paid too much.  So we left though on good terms.  Well at the time Revo was their biggest rival.  I called Revo and talked to the person in charge of sponsorships and told him the situation I had with Vuarnet.  Well he was very excited and I signed with them a one year contract right away.  Same terms as Vuarnet.  They had great glasses too but they didn't make me clothes like Vuarnet

Thats not the Blues Brothers.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #832 on: May 07, 2010, 01:05:44 PM »
It's nice to see some people who see just how vile taking pics of shirtless young lads and sharing them online with God knows who truly is.

You need to come on down to Florida and train with me Danielson.

Leave any O$U shit that you may have been forced to wear.  :D
D

biff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #833 on: May 07, 2010, 01:17:17 PM »
Ok Vince, here is my take based on what I know about marketing a product.
A well known personality brings attention to your product regardless of what you are selling.
By having a well known personality like Bob Chick on board, folks like me, will give their line of products a closer look.
If I like the product, I will continue to buy it and say some good things when asked, so it gets promoted word of mouth as well.
I know you don't like Bob, and he said some sarcastic stuff to you, etc. I honestly think if you reached out in a reasonable fair way, Bob would respond in kind.

just had to ask, why do you suddenly want to give BSN products a closer look?  Bob apparently never tried them before he was on their payroll (and perhaps still hasnt).

All Bob has done is confirm what everyone above the age of 16 knows - no bodybuilder uses any of this crap.

biff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #834 on: May 07, 2010, 01:20:21 PM »
Judging from your pics, son...you could use all the snake oil  you can get your hands on...

are you admitting that BSN products are 'snake oil'?? :o

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #835 on: May 07, 2010, 01:36:17 PM »
You need to come on down to Florida and train with me Danielson.

Leave any O$U shit that you may have been forced to wear.  :D

That would be nice. Looks like I am staying in Ohio(with the occasional trip to Michigan) for the forseeable future. Went to Vegas last weekend and that's gonna be it for a while.  :(
E

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #836 on: May 07, 2010, 01:41:29 PM »
That would be nice. Looks like I am staying in Ohio(with the occasional trip to Michigan) for the forseeable future. Went to Vegas last weekend and that's gonna be it for a while.  :(

You have my Condolances.   ;)
D

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #837 on: May 07, 2010, 01:45:02 PM »
just had to ask, why do you suddenly want to give BSN products a closer look?  Bob apparently never tried them before he was on their payroll (and perhaps still hasnt).

All Bob has done is confirm what everyone above the age of 16 knows - no bodybuilder uses any of this crap.

epic logic on the part of Howard.  
goes to show that having a masters in physics doesn't automatically make somebody a bright person.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #838 on: May 07, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »
Name calling--Chick's typical response when he can't directly address the arguments.  Sad for someone employed to be a public spokesman.

Bit of a condescending prick isn't he...

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #839 on: May 07, 2010, 05:12:07 PM »

are you admitting that BSN products are 'snake oil'?? :o

x2 for a answer from bob, but all we get is insults.

TEAM Nasser

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #840 on: May 07, 2010, 06:55:55 PM »
Bob thinks it is funny to allude that I drive around in a white van. While that is innocent enough we all know what he is referring to and for that insinuation the guy is a goddamned %$#%#%# asshole. Wait until he  becomes a grandfather and see how amusing quips like that are. Bob also likes to tell others I am stupid. Well, I doubt he can match my intellect as he is a rather pedestrian, uneducated bloke. That doesn't stop him from trying to put down anyone who challenges him. He has no integrity. That is a quality I live by. There is nothing wrong with being old. He should know that because he won a Masters title. Yet he thinks by calling someone old and senile it is a putdown. Well, Bob Chicerillo is a nasty, smug, almost thug dickhead, and I am saying that under my real name. I would say that to his face, make no mistake about that. His only comeback would be to insist it is just bullshit on Getbig. Well he can go and get stuffed, the asshole. He has no moral right to any rewards in bodybuilding as far as I am concerned. He cleverly stops just short of slandering me but the damage is done. Everyone knows that.

What color is your van, then?  

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #841 on: May 07, 2010, 07:15:27 PM »

Keith I remember when I was around 10 years old those Vuarnet shirts were everywhere. Did they strictly only sell sunglasses? why did they go under?
shotgun on the team

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #842 on: May 07, 2010, 07:18:23 PM »
What color is your van, then?  

White, unmarked.
E

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #843 on: May 07, 2010, 07:45:18 PM »
Bit of a condescending prick isn't he...

That pretty much sums up Chick's character in a few choice words!

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #844 on: May 07, 2010, 08:33:04 PM »
That pretty much sums up Chick's character in a few choice words!

agreed
TEAM Nasser

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #846 on: May 07, 2010, 11:11:34 PM »
Exactly, people are going to buy regardless.  That is why the company is in business.  It is up to the consumer to research and look into it.  To turn down money especially in this economy or ever is just not a smart thing to do. 

I wanted to touch on something else:

People should eventually be smart enough to realize their own genetics in accordance to their 'enhancement' use. You don't see me taking something using Peter North as a spokesman and expecting to blow that kind of load, lol. If it enhances my load, then it was a success.

BSN's NO Explode/Cellmass combo is brilliant, and both work really well with this thought process.

No food supplement is going to give you drug like results unless it has drugs in it. Most people are scammed into believing that they are one supplement away from achieving their wildest dreams when it would be impossible even with drugs.

So they resort to claiming the pros are scamming them and so forth because they took awhile to address their own stupidity.

All Chick has to do to maintain his integrity is actually try the products out in addition to his hormone usage. No one just drops their supplements when using gear, and someone of Bob's caliber would know if it made a difference or not. It isn't like they are peddling sugar that does nothing here.

Plus this is out of illogical hatred for Bob for whatever reason when he has always given great advice and has been very respectful considering the BS he has to deal with.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #847 on: May 07, 2010, 11:37:51 PM »

Keith I remember when I was around 10 years old those Vuarnet shirts were everywhere. Did they strictly only sell sunglasses? why did they go under?

I don't think they are out of business.  The at the time was Matias Mengis (sp?).  He sold the company several years after I left and got into grapes.  he owns many many acres of grapes I think in northern cal.  his ex wife now (married then) is an old high school friend of mine.  They had a complete apparel line which was highly "knocked-off" in the 80's.  In fact I caught some people selling fake Vuarnet at the swap meet in Torrance, CA and told Matias and he had a group of cops show up the next weekend and busted them.  That gave me a little side job spotting fakes and turning them in.
No Worries 4 me

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #848 on: May 08, 2010, 12:20:12 AM »
You have to wonder about these supplement companies who are desperate to get authenticity and use bodybuilders who have never tried their products. What does that tell you? It confirms what I have always believed: supplements are mostly a waste of money. I say mostly because it depends on what your goals are. If you use a weight gain supplement then that is sensible. If you think you need more protein, etc., you probably don't know much about nutrition.

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #849 on: May 08, 2010, 12:34:10 AM »
You have to wonder about these supplement companies who are desperate to get authenticity and use bodybuilders who have never tried their products. What does that tell you? It confirms what I have always believed: supplements are mostly a waste of money. I say mostly because it depends on what your goals are. If you use a weight gain supplement then that is sensible. If you think you need more protein, etc., you probably don't know much about nutrition.

It depends on the company really. If you buy the hot supplement of the day when you start out and it doesn't work, you should know that those things are not the answer. Of course I bought all that stuff in my first few years thinking that it was the missing link between me and the pros or guys in the gym. Then I found out about steroids, and then I tried them. That closed the door on all legal supplements bridging the gap.

However there wasn't really a get big or BB.com then. There was message boards, but I did not think to look at them. The internet was still 56k, thus I would not have the patience to participate anyway.

You can use protein powders to supplement. I took one today and had a protein bar as well, plus a roast beef sandwich with cheese and a small pizza. 2200 calories or so, and that was that.

Yes, the guys shoveling down protein and not realizing that more is not better without paying attention to calories and so forth do not know much about nutrition, but if I sold protein you can bet your ass I would be on here telling people you need a gram and a half per pound of bodyweight, lol. Yet in both Flex and M&F they will espouse that, but the diets are always calorically controlled, which is good.

Either way, it is the customers responsibility to research things for themselves, and it is the company's obligation to make sure the formulation makes sense, the claims are somewhat truthful, and that it is safe/what is on the label is in the product. The rest is up to us.