Author Topic: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com  (Read 86797 times)

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com
« Reply #900 on: May 10, 2010, 11:34:10 AM »
You mean the cops who are taking gear?....sure

You dont "have" to do anything....what do all the other athletes in other sports do?

I would like to see an IFBB division that is natural, or at least stringently tested. However it won't stop anything-we all know how to use something and get around the test.

Other sports are the same way, guys do what they need to. Every time money is involved you end up trying to find an edge. Businesses break the law, people break the law, etc. in order to advance and win.

Ronnie Colemen, Barry Bonds, and you have one thing in common: Without the genetics and talent, no drug in the world will get people to your level.

As for your integrity, you may be endorsing something that you know will use puffery and maybe something you know doesn't 'work like steroids', but:

You would not endorse something, in this day and age, that is not good in comparison to the other stuff. People hate on BSN now because they are so popular. When they were new, everyone loved them.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #901 on: May 10, 2010, 12:54:57 PM »
I really am disappointed in where bodybuilding has gone. Decades ago we suspected the champs were using gear but no one was disclosing what they took. Eventually it got out that just about everyone was using steroids. We were not prepared for the widespread abuse of chemicals that we see today in the professional contests.

The supplement companies know about the steroids but that doesn't matter. They sweep it under the carpet and keep selling your products. Bodybuilding is a sham and a disgrace.

fucking x2, great post.

TEAM Nasser

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #902 on: May 10, 2010, 01:41:09 PM »
You mean the cops who are taking gear?....sure

You dont "have" to do anything....what do all the other athletes in other sports do?

This issue gets beaten like the proverbial deadhorse. As you know I love BB, but the "accepted policy" that is involved with illegal drug use, I just can't approve of as a fan * (not that anyone cares what I think).
No biggy. FYI, I found out our state HS grad exam scores today. I had 100% pass in my science /math exam prep class.
the state avg is around 70%

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #903 on: May 10, 2010, 06:10:25 PM »
This issue gets beaten like the proverbial deadhorse. As you know I love BB, but the "accepted policy" that is involved with illegal drug use, I just can't approve of as a fan * (not that anyone cares what I think).
No biggy. FYI, I found out our state HS grad exam scores today. I had 100% pass in my science /math exam prep class.

Is what it is Howie...as long as there are sports, there will be athletes looking for an advantage.

newmom

« Reply #904 on: May 10, 2010, 06:13:16 PM »

Congrats Howard, that is great news. Must be they have a great teacher

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #905 on: May 10, 2010, 06:25:36 PM »
Is what it is Howie...as long as there are sports, there will be athletes looking for an advantage.
True enough. BUT in bodybuilding, unlike most other sports, if you say the guys can't juice, the BB fans are the ones who feel CHEATED! hehe

As you might suspect I persoally don't really care about who takes what for a contest. I do care about the quality of physiques I see on stage.
Guys like YOU Bob, Shawn Ray, Lee Labrada, Bob Paris , etc were NOT natural. But the end product physique was still a work of art with muscle.
Like the woman by the late 80's the men have now gone too far.

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #906 on: May 10, 2010, 06:26:43 PM »
This old washed up has been Basile needs to crawl in a hole and die

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #907 on: May 10, 2010, 06:31:45 PM »
Congrats Howard, that is great news. Must be they have a great teacher
Thanks so much for the kind compliment. In all modesty, my ability to teach and "make simple" the concepts of math and science, is a gift.
Obviously,I don't do nearly as well getting my ideas on BB understood on these forums hehehe.
On a serious note the students I have in 2 state exam prep classes all failed the exam as jrs (11th gr)
I take great pride and joy in doing my small part in getting them to graduation.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #908 on: May 10, 2010, 06:33:44 PM »
This old washed up has been Basile needs to crawl in a hole and die
Vince is man of principls who has NOT been active in BB for a number of years.
I think most would agree , that BB hs gotten pretty extreme with drug use in the past 20 yrs.
Yes, roids were there at the first Olympia 45 yrs ago, but NOT like it is now.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #909 on: May 10, 2010, 07:15:41 PM »
Vince is man of principls who has NOT been active in BB for a number of years.
I think most would agree , that BB hs gotten pretty extreme with drug use in the past 20 yrs.
Yes, roids were there at the first Olympia 45 yrs ago, but NOT like it is now.

Not like it is now ONLY because most of it wasnt invented yet....if it was, damn sure they would have been using it...

All things being equal, what they did WAS extreme, in comparison to those doing NOTHING....

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #910 on: May 10, 2010, 07:28:46 PM »
Not like it is now ONLY because most of it wasnt invented yet....if it was, damn sure they would have been using it...

All things being equal, what they did WAS extreme, in comparison to those doing NOTHING....
My pt agrees with you believe it or not. EVERY Mr Olympia since Larry Scott in 1965 did whatever state of the art juice they had available in that era. All other  sports have champs and legends before steroids were used in their sport, BUT not BB.
Baseball has guys form the old days like Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before roids were invented.
Same with football,hockey, track etc.
BB has only known Mr Olympias that juiced, no Mr O was a natty, not one. Fair or not this is the legacy of BB and part of the sport.
A more practical way to go is YOUR idea Bob , that you told me at an expo in Colorado.

"If they come on stage looking like a science experiment gone wrong, they get last...end of story"
I agree! Screw drug testing , just judge the thing so it is a PHYSIQUE contest!

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #911 on: May 10, 2010, 07:35:42 PM »
So Vince, did you use steroids or were you natural? Were you natural when you won the Mr Canada title?  What drugs were around when you were in your prime?
shotgun on the team

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #912 on: May 10, 2010, 07:37:18 PM »
My pt agrees with you believe it or not. EVERY Mr Olympia since Larry Scott in 1965 did whatever state of the art juice they had available in that era. All other  sports have champs and legends before steroids were used in their sport, BUT not BB.
Baseball has guys form the old days like Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before roids were invented.
Same with football,hockey, track etc.
BB has only known Mr Olympias that juiced, no Mr O was a natty, not one. Fair or not this is the legacy of BB and part of the sport.
A more practical way to go is YOUR idea Bob , that you told me at an expo in Colorado.

"If they come on stage looking like a science experiment gone wrong, they get last...end of story"
I agree! Screw drug testing , just judge the thing so it is a PHYSIQUE contest!

Lets not forget, Howie....before steroids, there were plenty of other drugs that athletes used for an edge...cocaine, speed, uppers, etc...even alcohol in the old days was used. In the Olympics WAY back, there was no drug testing...it's only the stigma of what steroids did that kept the other sports from using them for many years....now, pretty much EVERY sport has had positive test results over the years....

As for legacies, I believe gear has been used for much longer than people think...I can all but guarantee you that not one single superbowl team was drug free either.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #913 on: May 10, 2010, 07:42:25 PM »
Lets not forget, Howie....before steroids, there were plenty of other drugs that athletes used for an edge...cocaine, speed, uppers, etc...even alcohol in the old days was used. In the Olympics WAY back, there was no drug testing...it's only the stigma of what steroids did that kept the other sports from using them for many years....now, pretty much EVERY sport has had positive test results over the years....

As for legacies, I believe gear has been used for much longer than people think...I can all but guarantee you that not one single superbowl team was drug free either.
Like me, you know your sports history , well played sir! ;)

I think we can agree it comes to degrees of aid and how it can change a sport.
Look at how the high tech bench shirts added 300 lbs to the best benchpress.
That is pretty extreme and absurd in my opinion.
If BB was judged right, the drug extremes would not be so crazy...just my 2 cents

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #914 on: May 10, 2010, 07:44:23 PM »
Like me, you know your sports history , well played sir! ;)

I think we can agree it comes to degrees of aid and how it can change a sport.
Look at how the high tech bench shirts added 300 lbs to the best benchpress.
That is pretty extreme and absurd in my opinion.
If BB was judged right, the drug extremes would not be so crazy...just my 2 cents

As weve talked about my friend...it begins and ends with judging. For both men and women (especially the women)...simply dont reward absurd looking anomolies...plain and simple.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #915 on: May 10, 2010, 07:51:34 PM »
As weve talked about my friend...it begins and ends with judging. For both men and women (especially the women)...simply dont reward absurd looking anomolies...plain and simple.
On that pt we are in complete agreement.  :)

Perhaps, the UN will call us in and we can solve world peace for 'em...nah' Vince Basille, Gov of East Mongolia would show up and refuse to sign the treaty , because he wanted it written on a 1970 typewritter hehehehe

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #916 on: May 10, 2010, 07:57:38 PM »
According to Bob, pro athletes lifetime rep and resident stooge, the mess re drugs in bodybuilding can be traced back to the Mr Canada 1970 contest where the winner used 2 Dianabol tablets for a couple of months?

Nice try, Bob, at shifting the blame. The blame lies with the IFBB, Ben Weider and those running the Pro League. Ben drew up the rules but they were not enforced at the pro level.

The obvious reason there is no testing is because the IFBB fears the pros will go elsewhere and thus the IFBB will lose its power and earning capacity. That has been behind the lack of drug testing. It was also behind the suspension of Lee Priest who did a contest in another organization.

This sport is run by henchmen assisted by stooges. What a sorry state we are in. We don't have to canvass the drug users to do the right thing for everyone and the sport.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #917 on: May 10, 2010, 08:01:46 PM »
According to Bob, pro athletes lifetime rep and resident stooge, the mess re drugs in bodybuilding can be traced back to the Mr Canada 1970 contest where the winner used 2 Dianabol tablets for a couple of months?

Nice try, Bob, at shifting the blame. The blame lies with the IFBB, Ben Weider and those running the Pro League. Ben drew up the rules but they were not enforced at the pro level.

The obvious reason there is no testing is because the IFBB fears the pros will go elsewhere and thus the IFBB will lose its power and earning capacity. That has been behind the lack of drug testing. It was also behind the suspension of Lee Priest who did a contest in another organization.

This sport is run by henchmen assisted by stooges. What a sorry state we are in. We don't have to canvass the drug users to do the right thing for everyone and the sport.

the only thing to do is walk away from the sport many competitors and fans, the money will dry up and they will be forced to do something about it.  Right now people still attend, and spend their money on it.  The fans or competitors have to show them by hurting their wallet, only way to change the stooges.

TEAM Nasser

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #918 on: May 10, 2010, 08:08:09 PM »
What on earth have the judges got to do with drug rules in bodybuilding? Talk about closing the barn door after the horses have bolted.

We can guage the quality of the IFBB by those who run it. If Bob is the appointed pro rep then those guys might as well have no representation because Bob works for Manion. Manion has collected all manner of unsavoury people to enforce his empire. Bob is nothing but a sheepdog who has to keep the hapless pros in line. He has absolutely no clue about what is best for bodybuilding.

According to the athletes rep stooge, Mr Canada was to blame for drugs in sports and now it is the judges! Give Bob a dunce's hat and sit him in the corner until he is capable of intelligent thinking.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #919 on: May 10, 2010, 08:08:53 PM »

Good pts on the drug issue never really being enforeced by the IFBB Vince, *GOV of E Moongolia ( just clowning my friend). BUT like a political partty , when the vast majority want something....

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #920 on: May 10, 2010, 08:11:46 PM »
What on earth have the judges got to do with drug rules in bodybuilding? Talk about closing the barn door after the horses have bolted.

We can guage the quality of the IFBB by those who run it. If Bob is the appointed pro rep then those guys might as well have no representation because Bob works for Manion. Manion has collected all manner of unsavoury people to enforce his empire. Bob is nothing but a sheepdog who has to keep the hapless pros in line. He has absolutely no clue about what is best for bodybuilding.

According to the athletes rep stooge, Mr Canada was to blame for drugs in sports and now it is the judges! Give Bob a dunce's hat and sit him in the corner until he is capable of intelligent thinking.

Vince BOB never said anything about drugs starting with Mr Canada c'mon
If you judge the thing right and don't reward freaky size and cuts, the extreme drug use will cease to be an "advantage" like it is now.
Just ge winners based more on shape and balance

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #921 on: May 10, 2010, 08:37:28 PM »
Howard, the judges are not responsible for the mess re drugs. They play a part but are chosen by the IFBB. That is the governing body and the officials there must enforce the rules or change them.

It really is amazing that Arnold can run a pro show of athletes where no testing is done for banned substances. What hypocrites in America.

Every bodybuilder can contribute to the sport. The way it is structured now the bodybuilders have to take drugs to compete at the professional level. What has happened to the women is really sad. Would any parent here want his son or daughter to become a professional bodybuilder in the future? Drug free, prehaps, but they will never win Mr or Ms Olympia.

The reason we have this drug abuse is because you can't remove the officials from the IFBB. Those in power are not changing the status quo for reasons I mentioned before. Bob can't do anything and retain his standing with the IFBB. That is the bottom line so it is pointless arguing with that stooge.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #922 on: May 10, 2010, 08:44:50 PM »
Howard, the judges are not responsible for the mess re drugs. They play a part but are chosen by the IFBB. That is the governing body and the officials there must enforce the rules or change them.

It really is amazing that Arnold can run a pro show of athletes where no testing is done for banned substances. What hypocrites in America.

Every bodybuilder can contribute to the sport. The way it is structured now the bodybuilders have to take drugs to compete at the professional level. What has happened to the women is really sad. Would any parent here want his son or daughter to become a professional bodybuilder in the future? Drug free, prehaps, but they will never win Mr or Ms Olympia.

The reason we have this drug abuse is because you can't remove the officials from the IFBB. Those in power are not changing the status quo for reasons I mentioned before. Bob can't do anything and retain his standing with the IFBB. That is the bottom line so it is pointless arguing with that stooge.

Vince tearing Bob and the IFBB a new one!!
TEAM Nasser

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #923 on: May 10, 2010, 09:13:41 PM »

That is one side, here is another:

You will never remove performance enhancing drugs. As long as there is money involved, there will always be people involved that try to get apart of that, and that means new products and new drugs. The testers will never be able to keep up, so the mere invention of the drugs is guaranteed use by several athletes.

The interest just is not there in bodybuilding for them to be able to get rid of the drugs if guys are just going to end up using them anyway.
The governments of the world need to come up with safe parameters for steroid use just like they do with alcohol and other drugs. Make people get a license or certificate to use them for vanity reasons, thus you take away the problems with the majority pushing the envelope and doing dangerous shit.

It isn't like Weider called Ziegler and planned out what happened. If anything, Weider probably wants it to go back to where there were no drugs since that would make his dream of bodybuilding being universally accepted a possibility.

The problem with the drugs now is that you have to learn everything from a 'guru' that may only be focused on the end result and not the safety.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #924 on: May 10, 2010, 09:23:45 PM »
What hypocrites in America.

Yes, because America is the only country that has drug laws and bodybuilding shows.

You fat, slovenly, old ass canadian goof, wanna-be Australian.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!