Author Topic: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com  (Read 86794 times)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com
« Reply #925 on: May 10, 2010, 09:26:58 PM »
Yes, because America is the only country that has drug laws and bodybuilding shows.

You fat, slovenly, old ass canadian goof, wanna-be Australian.

back off Vince, all of us will get older, what kind of insult is that?  He is a good man, owns his own gym, lives a good life, and wants to see the sport better itself. 

TEAM Nasser

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #926 on: May 10, 2010, 09:33:27 PM »
back off Vince, all of us will get older, what kind of insult is that?  He is a good man, owns his own gym, lives a good life, and wants to see the sport better itself. 

STFU you pudgy little shitstained terrorist.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #927 on: May 10, 2010, 09:36:08 PM »
STFU you pudgy little shitstained terrorist.

great comeback, very original, and funny  ::)
TEAM Nasser

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #928 on: May 10, 2010, 09:39:38 PM »
great comeback, very original, and funny  ::)
You're mistaken, as usual, there was no humor intended, just the facts, ma'am.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #929 on: May 10, 2010, 10:42:51 PM »
Australia isn't much better than America. When I arrived here in 1971 there was one Mr Australia title holder. Now I can't count how many can claim that title. Each winner of his weight class can claim it in the IFBB affiliated shows. Then there is NABBA titles. In addition are several natural organizations all having Mr Australia titles. Years ago we knew who Mr Australia was and it was a big title. Today it has diminished in prestige. Why Paul Graham stopped using that overall title only he knows. It was a bad decision as far as I am concerned. Paul does as he wishes re the IFBB in Australia. There is no responsibility and there are no elections for his position.

A pity there is no Mr America any more. That was a prized title and drug testing could have been part of the process since it was affiliated with the AAU.

It really is sad when most trainees give up on trying to find better ways to train because deep down they honestly believe it is all about drugs. When the drugs don't work they conclude they don't have the genetics! They don't blame their training methods because they believe they are experts and are already doing it the best way possible.

io856

« Reply #930 on: May 10, 2010, 11:25:34 PM »

It really is sad when most trainees give up on trying to find better ways to train because deep down they honestly believe it is all about drugs. When the drugs don't work they conclude they don't have the genetics! They don't blame their training methods because they believe they are experts and are already doing it the best way possible.

Only losers speak of genetics... also are you sure they don't experiment with differing training methods? I think deep down most trainees are insecure in their training and sometimes overcompensate in discussion with conviction.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #931 on: May 11, 2010, 12:19:57 AM »
The vast majority of bodybuilders are not growing rapidly. When growth stops or occurs slowly bodybuilders tend to get confused and end up not knowing what to do to stimulate more growth. Since they have tried so many methods and believe they are working out hard they cannot understand why they aren't growing. Well, they are doing something wrong or a few things wrong. Many don't eat enough, especially if they are young active guys. Everyone who gets to the intermediate stage has heaps and heaps of experience and this is why everyone is an expert in bodybuilding. Yes, it isn't that difficult to reach a stage where you look impressive and people know you lift weights. Few go beyond the intermediate level and become huge. When people fail to get bigger then blame the lack of drugs. I hear this all the time. Goodness knows how many guys have secretly tried steroids. Must be millions of fellows. Millions and millions all over the world. What do we find? Most of these guys don't get huge, either! What the!!

What seems like a simple thing to do turns out to be very difficult or a mystery. It has to be the genetics say the hapless trainees on plateaus. How would they know what it is? They don't know but don't blame their training because they have a long history in the gym and know what works for them.

The one thing that complicates everything is motion. Almost all training involves moving. When you move weights you can do it many different ways. For some strange ego reason most people cheat and try to lift heavier weights than their muscles are capable of. I see this all the time. Swinging motions on the lat pulldown. Arms out to the side on pressdowns with rope for triceps, bending and staightening knees during heel raises, and so the list goes on and on. If you are not putting mechanical tension on a target muscle it won't grow. It can't grow! This is where having a good brain helps because it does take a special brain to make muscles grow. If you haven't got that kind of brain then get someone who has to help and guide you. Once motion enters the picture things become complicated and you really can't compare programs because individuals do different things while seemingly doing the same movements.

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #932 on: May 11, 2010, 02:08:55 AM »
The vast majority of bodybuilders are not growing rapidly. When growth stops or occurs slowly bodybuilders tend to get confused and end up not knowing what to do to stimulate more growth. Since they have tried so many methods and believe they are working out hard they cannot understand why they aren't growing. Well, they are doing something wrong or a few things wrong. Many don't eat enough, especially if they are young active guys. Everyone who gets to the intermediate stage has heaps and heaps of experience and this is why everyone is an expert in bodybuilding. Yes, it isn't that difficult to reach a stage where you look impressive and people know you lift weights. Few go beyond the intermediate level and become huge. When people fail to get bigger then blame the lack of drugs. I hear this all the time. Goodness knows how many guys have secretly tried steroids. Must be millions of fellows. Millions and millions all over the world. What do we find? Most of these guys don't get huge, either! What the!!

What seems like a simple thing to do turns out to be very difficult or a mystery. It has to be the genetics say the hapless trainees on plateaus. How would they know what it is? They don't know but don't blame their training because they have a long history in the gym and know what works for them.

The one thing that complicates everything is motion. Almost all training involves moving. When you move weights you can do it many different ways. For some strange ego reason most people cheat and try to lift heavier weights than their muscles are capable of. I see this all the time. Swinging motions on the lat pulldown. Arms out to the side on pressdowns with rope for triceps, bending and staightening knees during heel raises, and so the list goes on and on. If you are not putting mechanical tension on a target muscle it won't grow. It can't grow! This is where having a good brain helps because it does take a special brain to make muscles grow. If you haven't got that kind of brain then get someone who has to help and guide you. Once motion enters the picture things become complicated and you really can't compare programs because individuals do different things while seemingly doing the same movements.

Your right, the vast majority stays inside of the intermediate stage because they do not understand systematic fatigue and how to properly use periodization. The dual factor theory is universally accepted everywhere except in the bodybuilding world.

You have guys correlating perceived effort with growth, doing all sorts of sets and reps yet unable to understand planning for progression and homeostasis disruption. In other words, guys train like shit for the most part.

You have to properly load and deload to let fatigue dissipate. Eventually, if the program allows you to progressively add weight, it will stop and you will need to taper. No taper=no progress.

When you over reach, you are done and you must deload in order to progress again. Guys have that confused with reducing the number of sets and reducing frequency to equal more progress, which does work for awhile.

Anyway, when you are over reaching or never tapering your training, you end up spinning your wheels and you eventually over train. Steroids fix this, then plateaus are overcame by simply upping the dosage and manipulating the diet. However no supplement will overcome this.

Basile, if you do not understand this concept no amount of direct tension will do anything.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #933 on: May 11, 2010, 02:26:01 AM »
I think it is possible to stimulate hypertrophy in a muscle and sustain growth for a long time. More than a month. As long as injury is avoided it is possible to sustain rapid growth. This is completely without supplements or drugs. I have done this myself in arms and calves for a month with excellent gains. Unfortunately, I was rubbing my elbows on pads during triceps extensions and that caused the sheaths to get inflamed. I was doing ballistic heel raises with heavy resistance for high reps and sets and my Achilles tendons got inflamed. Good lessons for sure. Never place your elbows or knees on pads while training under loads or you will be sorry. Avoid ballistic movements if used regularly. They might have a place occasionally but such movements seem to accumulate damage that lead to injuries.

It seems to me that body parts can be targetted and rotated for the best method of overall growth. Bodybuilders literally have always believed you have to train muscles at least once a week to sustain size. We find that most train bodyparts twice a week. This may be too much when done with high intensity and effort for most people to benefit from especially when these are endured for long periods of time such as several months or years. People are doing too much, too hard for too long.

Lots of writers promise all manner of success and gains but the reality is somewhat different. Bodybuilding is a difficult pastime to take to the professional level drug free.

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #934 on: May 11, 2010, 02:34:11 AM »
I think it is possible to stimulate hypertrophy in a muscle and sustain growth for a long time. More than a month. As long as injury is avoided it is possible to sustain rapid growth. This is completely without supplements or drugs. I have done this myself in arms and calves for a month with excellent gains. Unfortunately, I was rubbing my elbows on pads during triceps extensions and that caused the sheaths to get inflamed. I was doing ballistic heel raises with heavy resistance for high reps and sets and my Achilles tendons got inflamed. Good lessons for sure. Never place your elbows or knees on pads while training under loads or you will be sorry. Avoid ballistic movements if used regularly. They might have a place occasionally but such movements seem to accumulate damage that lead to injuries.

It seems to me that body parts can be targetted and rotated for the best method of overall growth. Bodybuilders literally have always believed you have to train muscles at least once a week to sustain size. We find that most train bodyparts twice a week. This may be too much when done with high intensity and effort for most people to benefit from especially when these are endured for long periods of time such as several months or years. People are doing too much, too hard for too long.

Lots of writers promise all manner of success and gains but the reality is somewhat different. Bodybuilding is a difficult pastime to take to the professional level drug free.

I agree, you can not train 'high intensity' for long periods. However the term 'high intensity', as it relates to perceived effort, is not a good measurement unless you are Arthur Jones, lol.

Instead, intensity must be measured in accordance to one rep maximum as a standard, and the rep range need to be in accordance. Form needs to be good even on heavy lifts.

The main issue is the dogma, the abundant "you must do an X number of sets/reps" type of thinking that screws everyone up. Muscle stimulation can happen in one set or 5 depending on how the program is set up.

Intensity as it relates to perceived effort is a good way to force lower stimulation levels and longer recovery periods for a lot of people, thus why Mike Mentzer's program does not work for everyone. You used little volume, kept intensity as high as possible, and rested until you felt better. If it doesn't work for you, you need more stimulation to make progress and less 'effort' on each set to cut down on the level of systematic fatigue.

There needs to be some effort involved, but the amount needs to be carefully monitored or you will run into these problems.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #935 on: May 11, 2010, 07:01:05 AM »
That is one side, here is another:

You will never remove performance enhancing drugs. As long as there is money involved, there will always be people involved that try to get apart of that, and that means new products and new drugs. The testers will never be able to keep up, so the mere invention of the drugs is guaranteed use by several athletes.

The interest just is not there in bodybuilding for them to be able to get rid of the drugs if guys are just going to end up using them anyway.
The governments of the world need to come up with safe parameters for steroid use just like they do with alcohol and other drugs. Make people get a license or certificate to use them for vanity reasons, thus you take away the problems with the majority pushing the envelope and doing dangerous shit.

It isn't like Weider called Ziegler and planned out what happened. If anything, Weider probably wants it to go back to where there were no drugs since that would make his dream of bodybuilding being universally accepted a possibility.

The problem with the drugs now is that you have to learn everything from a 'guru' that may only be focused on the end result and not the safety.
Great post about the reality and history of steroids in BB

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #936 on: May 11, 2010, 07:03:44 AM »
Australia isn't much better than America. When I arrived here in 1971 there was one Mr Australia title holder. Now I can't count how many can claim that title. Each winner of his weight class can claim it in the IFBB affiliated shows. Then there is NABBA titles. In addition are several natural organizations all having Mr Australia titles. Years ago we knew who Mr Australia was and it was a big title. Today it has diminished in prestige. Why Paul Graham stopped using that overall title only he knows. It was a bad decision as far as I am concerned. Paul does as he wishes re the IFBB in Australia. There is no responsibility and there are no elections for his position.

A pity there is no Mr America any more. That was a prized title and drug testing could have been part of the process since it was affiliated with the AAU.

Vince
we did drug test the AAU Maerica and law suits over positive testing ended the contest for good, long story.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #937 on: May 11, 2010, 07:25:06 AM »
Vince
we did drug test the AAU Maerica and law suits over positive testing ended the contest for good, long story.

You're pumping a dry well brother...he isnt capable of understanding what you're saying.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #938 on: May 11, 2010, 07:32:51 AM »
You're pumping a dry well brother...he isnt capable of understanding what you're saying.
Oh c'mon Bob, play nice :D

Ok, on a serious note, they just busted the NFL def rookie of the yr for roids/ PED.
Obviously, no drug test is perfect but at least the major sports try to test and bust a few to keep things from getting to crazy .
LOL, in bodybuilding they seem to be going the other way.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #939 on: May 13, 2010, 08:20:36 PM »
Vince, did the champions of your day really only take 2 dbol a day? I must say if thats true alot of those guys had some great builds and awesome genetics.
shotgun on the team

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #940 on: May 13, 2010, 08:40:53 PM »
Oh c'mon Bob, play nice :D

Ok, on a serious note, they just busted the NFL def rookie of the yr for roids/ PED.
Obviously, no drug test is perfect but at least the major sports try to test and bust a few to keep things from getting to crazy .
LOL, in bodybuilding they seem to be going the other way.

x2, Bob do you care about the athletes health, when they are practically given no choice as a pro to juice their brains out and use hgh to a unhealthy level.  Do you care what their lives will be like 10 - 20 years from now?  Why don't you help with new drug tests so you can have healthy ex pro bodybuilders Bob?????
TEAM Nasser

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #941 on: May 13, 2010, 09:12:13 PM »

Everything you say around here is nothing but a bunch of floatsam, jetsam, and hypocritesam.....

Drugs may have been legal but you still needed a prescription....did you get one???  Even so, its amazing how you can talk smack about drug use in bodybuilding when you didn't give a rats ass back in 1970 when you were popping Dianabol like breath mints to win your "precious" Mr Canada Title.

You can no right to look down on today's bodybuilders for using steroids when you were using them yourself you old salt.  Thanks again for sharing your load of dribble once again.   

And the standards of bodybuilding shouldn't be compared to regular sports because BODYBUILDING ISN'T A SPORT.... ::)
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #942 on: May 13, 2010, 09:30:47 PM »
We don't need to canvass current professional bodybuilders to ask what should be done re drugs and injected substances. We should be debating training programs instead of whether drugs should be allowed.

The widespread use of drugs has ruined the sport at the professional level. Nothing short of a clean sweep will succeed in correcting the nonsense that goes on in the name of bodybuilding.

This is unlikely to happen so we can expect more of the same crap to continue.

I would also like to see no tanning colour, bigger posing trunks, no artificial inserts for either sex, better judges and criterion, and elected and removeable officials to run contests. Perhaps do away with all Mr and Ms titles as well.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #943 on: May 13, 2010, 09:42:53 PM »
We don't need to canvass current professional bodybuilders to ask what should be done re drugs and injected substances. We should be debating training programs instead of whether drugs should be allowed.

The widespread use of drugs has ruined the sport at the professional level. Nothing short of a clean sweep will succeed in correcting the nonsense that goes on in the name of bodybuilding.

This is unlikely to happen so we can expect more of the same crap to continue.

I would also like to see no tanning colour, bigger posing trunks, no artificial inserts for either sex, better judges and criterion, and elected and removeable officials to run contests. Perhaps do away with all Mr and Ms titles as well.

I nominate Vince for athletes Rep to reform the IFBB.  All these are super points and would bring bodybuilding mainstream again.

jt
TEAM Nasser

io856

« Reply #944 on: May 13, 2010, 09:46:59 PM »
In before Chick (damage control)...

Bob claims none of the IFBB bodybuilders have forwarded complaints in regards to such matters. Maybe someone like Bob is best for the position defending the organisation rather than the bodybuilders? Milos Sarcev was used as a scapegoat for those who speak against the IFBB. Let that be a warning to others. Yes, Bob no longer considers himself responsible to an IFBB bodybuilder who has been barred from the organisation for whatever reason. No representation required in that case.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #945 on: May 13, 2010, 10:09:25 PM »
Basile = the most delusional man on this site, including Goodrum.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #946 on: May 13, 2010, 10:09:48 PM »
The record clearly shows that Bob did nothing that helped Milos or Lee Priest get back into the IFBB. Both were given suspensions and those lasted longer than they were supposed to.

The lesson is simple: don't rock the boat. I honestly wonder what the pros really think about their appointed pro rep. What a load of crap. Appointed for life it seems because no one else will be offered that position as long as Stooge of the year, Bob C, wants it.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #947 on: May 13, 2010, 10:11:24 PM »
The record clearly shows that Bob did nothing that helped Milos or Lee Priest get back into the IFBB. Both were given suspensions and those lasted longer than they were supposed to.

The lesson is simple: don't rock the boat. I honestly wonder what the pros really think about their appointed pro rep. What a load of crap. Appointed for life it seems because no one else will be offered that position as long as Stooge of the year, Bob C, wants it.

Vince do you think you could do a better job than Bob?  Do you want his position?  If not who do you suggest is right for the job?

musclepost

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #948 on: May 13, 2010, 10:12:51 PM »
You can't stop steroid abuse, but you can easily stop GH and insulin abuse by penalizing the obvious bloated guts.

But the judges won't penalize the bloated GH and insulin guts because they are too busy staring at striated glutes and having a wank under the judges table. ;)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #949 on: May 13, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »
You can't stop steroid abuse, but you can easily stop GH and insulin abuse by penalizing the obvious bloated guts.

But the judges won't penalize the bloated GH and insulin guts because they are too busy staring at striated glutes and having a wank under the judges table. ;)

It's hard to penalize it. How many points do you deduct for certain amount of distention? You could send a message by putting any bb with a really distended gut in last place. But imagine this scenario: at the 2003 Olympia Coleman is put in last place and the winner is one of lightest guys in the show with zero gut. Imagine the outcry from the fans if that had happened. Everyone cries about the guts but no one really wants to see a sub 200lb guy as O winner. And would this stop insulin and gh abuse? Use certainly wouldn't stop. I've seen male fitness competitors use and abuse steroids/insulin/gh/synthol and all the rest. Just because someone doesn't have a gut and isn't very heavy doesn't mean he isn't abusing. It's impossible to stop drug use/abuse in bb via judging criteria. Impossible to stop use/abuse via testing. Whatever problems bb has with drugs is simply unsolvable.