Author Topic: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com  (Read 86803 times)

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
Re: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com
« Reply #950 on: May 13, 2010, 10:37:03 PM »
It's hard to penalize it. How many points do you deduct for certain amount of distention? You could send a message by putting any bb with a really distended gut in last place. But imagine this scenario: at the 2003 Olympia Coleman is put in last place and the winner is one of lightest guys in the show with zero gut. Imagine the outcry from the fans if that had happened. Everyone cries about the guts but no one really wants to see a sub 200lb guy as O winner. And would this stop insulin and gh abuse? Use certainly wouldn't stop. I've seen male fitness competitors use and abuse steroids/insulin/gh/synthol and all the rest. Just because someone doesn't have a gut and isn't very heavy doesn't mean he isn't abusing. It's impossible to stop drug use/abuse in bb via judging criteria. Impossible to stop use/abuse via testing. Whatever problems bb has with drugs is simply unsolvable.

Hmm.. This is true up to a point, and while a perfect solution is outside our grasp, significant improvements could be made. Guts should be penalized, to what extent I'm not sure, but in the case of Coleman, dropping to 3rd or 4th, would probably be reasonable during the later years when his gut was out of control. What there should be a zero tolerance policy on  is synthol use/obvious site injections. If it were up to me Vic Martienez would have been dead last in 08, with those asanine calves he was sporting. Anyone sporting weird lumps, misshapen oily muscle, etc, should be severely punished.

It wont completely fix things, but if there is no reward in offering the palumobized look, then people will start to tone down the rampant Slin/GH/Synthol abuse.  

musclepost

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #951 on: May 13, 2010, 10:37:34 PM »
It's hard to penalize it. How many points do you deduct for certain amount of distention? You could send a message by putting any bb with a really distended gut in last place. But imagine this scenario: at the 2003 Olympia Coleman is put in last place and the winner is one of lightest guys in the show with zero gut. Imagine the outcry from the fans if that had happened. Everyone cries about the guts but no one really wants to see a sub 200lb guy as O winner. And would this stop insulin and gh abuse? Use certainly wouldn't stop. I've seen male fitness competitors use and abuse steroids/insulin/gh/synthol and all the rest. Just because someone doesn't have a gut and isn't very heavy doesn't mean he isn't abusing. It's impossible to stop drug use/abuse in bb via judging criteria. Impossible to stop use/abuse via testing. Whatever problems bb has with drugs is simply unsolvable.

How many points to deduct?  It's a beauty pageant, it's all based on subjective opinion, silly boy!  And of course nobody wants to see a man with a small waist judged highly, they can't fulfill their homosexual mutant comic book sized muscle man fantasies that way!  My suggestion isn't a proposal to 'solve' a problem, you're the one framing it like that.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to masturbate to 2003 Mr. Coleman!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #952 on: May 13, 2010, 10:42:04 PM »
Listen to these guys talk rubbish. Get rid of the drugs and you won't be debating this question.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #953 on: May 13, 2010, 10:42:24 PM »
How many points to deduct?  It's a beauty pageant, it's all based on subjective opinion, silly boy!  And of course nobody wants to see a man with a small waist judged highly, they can't fulfill their homosexual mutant comic book sized muscle man fantasies that way!  My suggestion isn't a proposal to 'solve' a problem, you're the one framing it like that.

I'm not a homo so I don't know how they think, but since you are, was Coleman really the most homo-sexy guy at that show?

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #954 on: May 13, 2010, 10:42:30 PM »

LOL. Yeah, the 'contest' is bullshit because it is so subjective. I believe this is one of the reasons bodybuilding will not be a popular sport, possibly the main reason; since it is so subjective, no real scoring can take place, thus it is unwatchable.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #955 on: May 13, 2010, 10:45:21 PM »
Listen to these guys talk rubbish. Get rid of the drugs and you won't be debating this question.

Okay. Please humor us, if you were in charge, how would you go about ridding the sport of drugs? You make it sound so simple, tell us. Also talk about funding for the testing and please tell us how the IFBB could do a better job than the IOC/WADA has done (they have been unsuccessful to say the least).

musclepost

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #956 on: May 13, 2010, 10:46:26 PM »
I'm not a homo so I don't know how they think, but since you are, was Coleman really the most homo-sexy guy at that show?

For men who idolized comic book superheroes, definitely!  He totally had that unreal look like he just stepped out of the pages!  Literally a fantasy come true.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #957 on: May 13, 2010, 10:47:57 PM »

Vince...for a so called Doctor in Philosophy, you seem to lack even an iota of pragmatic thinking.

You know as well as anyone that drug free bodybuilding has no appeal whatsoever. You think this sub-culture dwells in obscurity now, well it will cease to exist if drugs were taken out! This is hardly a shocking or revealing truth either, rather it is common sense.

Perhaps in your ideal fantasy world, people could look like champion bodybuilders, without drugs, simply by mastering whatever obtuse theory of obtaining continual hypertrophy naturally that you have, but in reality that is never going to happen, (not to mention the impossibility of such a scenario).

So please start to offer practical solutions to the problem. Drugs cant be eradicated, but they can be toned down. If we can go back to a 70s-early 90s look. (Heavy Steroid use and not much else), then we will be in much better shape.

Bodybuilding will never be mainstream, but it can do better then it is currently.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #958 on: May 13, 2010, 10:55:02 PM »
For men who idolized comic book superheroes, definitely!  He totally had that unreal look like he just stepped out of the pages!  Literally a fantasy come true.

Hmm...not being Gay I might be talking out of my ass here, but it seems to me that a Bob Paris would fit a gay sense of aesthetics/sensibilities far more then a bloated Coleman would. I suspect that tastes in fantasy men vary far more greatly in gay men then we would suspect.

Which probably explains why there is more cliquishness  in Gay circles, (hence Cubs, Bears, Twinks, etc). With straight men, there is much more of a generalized standard. While different men might debate the degrees of hotness, just about every straight man will agree that someone like Angelina Jolie is hot. This same generalized standard doesn't really seem to exist in the Gay spectrum as far as I can perceive.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #959 on: May 13, 2010, 10:55:09 PM »
Hmm.. This is true up to a point, and while a perfect solution is outside our grasp, significant improvements could be made. Guts should be penalized, to what extent I'm not sure, but in the case of Coleman, dropping to 3rd or 4th, would probably be reasonable during the later years when his gut was out of control. What there should be a zero tolerance policy on  is synthol use/obvious site injections. If it were up to me Vic Martienez would have been dead last in 08, with those asanine calves he was sporting. Anyone sporting weird lumps, misshapen oily muscle, etc, should be severely punished.

It wont completely fix things, but if there is no reward in offering the palumobized look, then people will start to tone down the rampant Slin/GH/Synthol abuse.  

Reason I picked the 2003 Olympia is that so many fans thought Coleman was simply superior to all the rest. Ask other pros who the best/most developed Mr O of all time was and probably most would say Coleman. Many will also say he's ugly and the gut was out of control, but regardless they will also grudgingly admit he was superior in a strict bodybuilding sense.

Regarding lumps, they punished Iris Kyle and perhaps they could do the same with the men. But so many are using site injections, and while obvious, fans seem willing to overlook it if not too distracting. Many will say Flex Wheeler in 93 was perfection, but his calves were fake, so they are willing to overlook it as long as it's not too distracting from the overall look.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #960 on: May 13, 2010, 11:02:37 PM »
Reason I picked the 2003 Olympia is that so many fans thought Coleman was simply superior to all the rest. Ask other pros who the best/most developed Mr O of all time was and probably most would say Coleman. Many will also say he's ugly and the gut was out of control, but regardless they will also grudgingly admit he was superior in a strict bodybuilding sense.

Regarding lumps, they punished Iris Kyle and perhaps they could do the same with the men. But so many are using site injections, and while obvious, fans seem willing to overlook it if not too distracting. Many will say Flex Wheeler in 93 was perfection, but his calves were fake, so they are willing to overlook it as long as it's not too distracting from the overall look.

Well.... I can only speak for myself, but my ideal would be zero tolerance on obvious, or unseemly site injection use. Clearly site injection is mandatory as the precontest nears, because you need to rotate injection spots, and not just use the glutes, but that can be done in moderation, and need not lead to lumps/bumps etc.

In the case of Coleman.... I say he looked like shit in his last few years. I agree that his sheer mass, and relatively decent conditioning at that weight should prevent him from going too far down the ladder, but top honors can not be given to someone that far out of the aesthetic ideals of bodybuilding. Mass is simply a component, not the end all be all of judging criteria.

As for Flex in 93, yes he should have been penalized for fake calves, maybe not too far down since the rest of him was amazing that year, but in principle, he should have been out of contention for first.

I think that in Iris Kyles case...that was a good call on the part of the judges, and that should be parlayed over into the Mens side of things.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #961 on: May 14, 2010, 04:00:24 AM »

yup, Vince you are standing your ground and rightly so, the fools will keep talking this regurgitated garbage, and Bob will keep denying all in an effort to keep drugs in the sport for their own entertainment and greed.

TEAM Nasser

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #962 on: May 14, 2010, 04:44:33 AM »
The record clearly shows that Bob did nothing that helped Milos or Lee Priest get back into the IFBB. Both were given suspensions and those lasted longer than they were supposed to.

The lesson is simple: don't rock the boat. I honestly wonder what the pros really think about their appointed pro rep. What a load of crap. Appointed for life it seems because no one else will be offered that position as long as Stooge of the year, Bob C, wants it.

Is that what the "record" shows, ImBasile...?  Or are you just talking out of your ass...again.?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #963 on: May 14, 2010, 05:01:44 AM »
GOOD POST!
If I was judging the Olympia I would put an obviously distended gut in last and a lighter man with classic lines in first.
I honestly could care less about who does what drug. I do care that those who look distorted often beat those with classic , less freaky physiques. Have the integrity to judge the thing right and drugs won't be as big a deal.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #964 on: May 14, 2010, 05:08:50 AM »
Is that what the "record" shows, ImBasile...?  Or are you just talking out of your ass...again.?
Bob,
I don't think many realize that trying to represent every IFBB bodybuilder is like trying to "herd cats".
I know you had a tough fight just trying to convince them , they didn't need the posing routine judged as part of the overall score.

I think we both AGREE that if some pro gets on stage with a huge gut or looks distorted they get placed at/near the bottom.
THAT solves the problem without dealing with drug testing or other complications.
It is a BB meet, you get placed based on how you LOOK on stage. What is in your body doesn't matter.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #965 on: May 14, 2010, 05:09:34 AM »
Is that what the "record" shows, ImBasile...?  Or are you just talking out of your ass...again.?

Chick are you willing to admit that you were way off with your prediction of Wolf and the Ny Pro? ???

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #966 on: May 14, 2010, 05:17:54 AM »
Chick are you willing to admit that you were way off with your prediction of Wolf and the Ny Pro? ???

Way off??  He was 3rd...tied for 2nd after PJ...I also said that Roelly could win it all if Toney/ Dennis were off, which they were...

You can only speculate so much...look at the NCAA bracket this year..

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #967 on: May 14, 2010, 05:26:02 AM »
Way off??  He was 3rd...tied for 2nd after PJ...I also said that Roelly could win it all if Toney/ Dennis were off, which they were...

Exactly , these guys were saying he was to fat 1 week out hahaha he hit 3rd FFS .

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #968 on: May 14, 2010, 05:37:23 AM »
Exactly , these guys were saying he was to fat 1 week out hahaha he hit 3rd FFS .

Fat...never gonna make it...out of the top 5...etc...bottom line is he was flat as a pancake, trainer probably panicked and made too many adjustments too soon...needed to glide in and fill up.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #969 on: May 14, 2010, 05:38:58 AM »
Vince do you think you could do a better job than Bob?  Do you want his position?  If not who do you suggest is right for the job?

Basile isn't a pro and more than likely the only thing he would do is introduce a IFBB Chilidren's Division.
A

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #970 on: May 14, 2010, 05:57:50 AM »

Basile isn't a pro and more than likely the only thing he would do is introduce a IFBB Chilidren's Division.
That is a cheap shot thrown by a guy who should know better.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #971 on: May 14, 2010, 06:00:05 AM »
That is a cheap shot thrown by a guy who should know better.

He's thrown just as many cheap shots at me in this thread before I even responded.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
A

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #972 on: May 14, 2010, 06:11:54 AM »

Well it appears that he went way overboard with the diuretics, which was probably due to his not being on point with his prep. I think you were a tad generous in saying he was ready based on his one week out pictures.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #973 on: May 14, 2010, 06:20:21 AM »
Well it appears that he went way overboard with the diuretics, which was probably due to his not being on point with his prep. I think you were a tad generous in saying he was ready based on his one week out pictures.

Basded on what I seen, I think it was more a point of not being filled out enough...nothing happened when he posed. Sometimes, despite being flst, lines still appear when flexing...not the case here.

I talked with Dennis prior to the prejudging, while I thought the program was tailored for a much smaller man, sometimes you just to wait and see....It's a mistake I made plenty of times myself...not allowing for enough time to carb up...bigger the guy, longer the process

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #974 on: May 14, 2010, 06:25:12 AM »
The vast majority of bodybuilders are not growing rapidly. When growth stops or occurs slowly bodybuilders tend to get confused and end up not knowing what to do to stimulate more growth. Since they have tried so many methods and believe they are working out hard they cannot understand why they aren't growing. Well, they are doing something wrong or a few things wrong. Many don't eat enough, especially if they are young active guys. Everyone who gets to the intermediate stage has heaps and heaps of experience and this is why everyone is an expert in bodybuilding. Yes, it isn't that difficult to reach a stage where you look impressive and people know you lift weights. Few go beyond the intermediate level and become huge. When people fail to get bigger then blame the lack of drugs. I hear this all the time. Goodness knows how many guys have secretly tried steroids. Must be millions of fellows. Millions and millions all over the world. What do we find? Most of these guys don't get huge, either! What the!!

What seems like a simple thing to do turns out to be very difficult or a mystery. It has to be the genetics say the hapless trainees on plateaus. How would they know what it is? They don't know but don't blame their training because they have a long history in the gym and know what works for them.

The one thing that complicates everything is motion. Almost all training involves moving. When you move weights you can do it many different ways. For some strange ego reason most people cheat and try to lift heavier weights than their muscles are capable of. I see this all the time. Swinging motions on the lat pulldown. Arms out to the side on pressdowns with rope for triceps, bending and staightening knees during heel raises, and so the list goes on and on. If you are not putting mechanical tension on a target muscle it won't grow. It can't grow! This is where having a good brain helps because it does take a special brain to make muscles grow. If you haven't got that kind of brain then get someone who has to help and guide you. Once motion enters the picture things become complicated and you really can't compare programs because individuals do different things while seemingly doing the same movements.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST THAT PIC OF VINCE LOOKING ALL FAT, OLD, HAIRY, AND GROSS STANDING ON THE BEACH IN THAT SPEEDO.......

and this delusional is on a bodybuilding board doling out advice

you dont even register as "flotsam" vince, which is just floating debris...........you are "jetsam", which is garbage that was purposefully discarded :-\ :-\