Author Topic: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com  (Read 86794 times)

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: BSN signs another pro - Bob Chick done with bb.com
« Reply #975 on: May 14, 2010, 06:39:19 AM »

The one thing that complicates everything is motion. Almost all training involves moving. When you move weights you can do it many different ways. For some strange ego reason most people cheat and try to lift heavier weights than their muscles are capable of. I see this all the time. Swinging motions on the lat pulldown. Arms out to the side on pressdowns with rope for triceps, bending and staightening knees during heel raises, and so the list goes on and on. If you are not putting mechanical tension on a target muscle it won't grow. It can't grow! This is where having a good brain helps because it does take a special brain to make muscles grow. If you haven't got that kind of brain then get someone who has to help and guide you. Once motion enters the picture things become complicated and you really can't compare programs because individuals do different things while seemingly doing the same movements. [/color]
[/quote]

Very true. Well said.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #976 on: May 14, 2010, 07:00:53 AM »
Bob,
I don't think many realize that trying to represent every IFBB bodybuilder is like trying to "herd cats".
I know you had a tough fight just trying to convince them , they didn't need the posing routine judged as part of the overall score.

I think we both AGREE that is some pro gets on stage with a huge gut or looks distorted they get placed at/near the bottom.
THAT solves the problem without dealing with drug testing or other complications.
It is a BB meet, you get placed based on how you LOOK on stage. What is in your body ass doesn't matter.

Howard watch out cause Goodrum may sue you for plagiarism.  He says this all the time
No Worries 4 me

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #977 on: May 14, 2010, 09:34:10 AM »
Vince Basil you were there so based on what you saw and heard did the top guys of your day really only use 2 dbol a day? I'm not saying you are lying Vince I'm just curious. If this is true they must have been doing something drastically different besides the drugs than what todays guys are doing. The builds that some of those guys had on only 2 dbol a day is incredible.
shotgun on the team

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #978 on: May 14, 2010, 10:02:46 AM »
Vince Basil you were there so based on what you saw and heard did the top guys of your day really only use 2 dbol a day? I'm not saying you are lying Vince I'm just curious. If this is true they must have been doing something drastically different besides the drugs than what todays guys are doing. The builds that some of those guys had on only 2 dbol a day is incredible.

Back when I was at World's in the early 80's Dianabol was definitely popular as was Winstrol, Anavar, Primabolan Depot, Test, Deca, and a few others.  I wasn't into them so I am no expert by all means but our resident pharmacist at World's who recently died had the trunk of his Rolls Royce (or was it Bugsy's Rolls) filled with whatever you want so I seen quite a bit of stuff going on.  When I used to go to Tijuana and buy and then sell Primo pre-loaded was a huge seller as was Equipose.  Winstrol V was popular too.  I remember something like Halotestan or something like that too.
No Worries 4 me

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #979 on: May 14, 2010, 10:28:27 AM »
"Herding cats" ... Very funny, Howard.

Howard, you and Bob  and a few others on this board appear to have a good amount of intelligence and no vindictiveness on this board. Can you tell me how you have been involved?

I think I have met you a few times based on what you have to say sometimes, but I haven't read all your postings.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #980 on: May 14, 2010, 10:58:48 AM »
"Herding cats" ... Very funny, Howard.

Howard, you and Bob  and a few others on this board appear to have a good amount of intelligence and no vindictiveness on this board. Can you tell me how you have been involved?

I think I have met you a few times based on what you have to say sometimes, but I haven't read all your postings.
Thanks so much for the kind words.
I can't take credit for the "herding cats" term, that was taken from the title of former Sen Trent Lott's book about his years in congress.
We may have met at some pt and some expo or event? Damn, after 32 yrs in the sport I have been to more events than I can remember.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #981 on: May 14, 2010, 11:00:26 AM »

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST THAT PIC OF VINCE LOOKING ALL FAT, OLD, HAIRY, AND GROSS STANDING ON THE BEACH IN THAT SPEEDO.......

and this delusional is on a bodybuilding board doling out advice

you dont even register as "flotsam" vince, which is just floating debris...........you are "jetsam", which is garbage that was purposefully discarded :-\ :-\

C'mon, Vince won the Mr Canada , 40 yrs ago in 1970!
How great are you going to look 40 yrs after your best shape. Please.....

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #982 on: May 14, 2010, 11:57:01 AM »
Back when I was at World's in the early 80's Dianabol was definitely popular as was Winstrol, Anavar, Primabolan Depot, Test, Deca, and a few others.  I wasn't into them so I am no expert by all means but our resident pharmacist at World's who recently died had the trunk of his Rolls Royce (or was it Bugsy's Rolls) filled with whatever you want so I seen quite a bit of stuff going on.  When I used to go to Tijuana and buy and then sell Primo pre-loaded was a huge seller as was Equipose.  Winstrol V was popular too.  I remember something like Halotestan or something like that too.

Casey Viator told someone on another board about the higher doses starting around 1974 or so. He was saying mentzer was on 2.5 grams of Deca a week among other things.

Keith, were you a big time user throughout your career? If not, did you choose to not use them for health reasons or because of the ethical concerns?

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #983 on: May 14, 2010, 04:17:33 PM »
Casey Viator told someone on another board about the higher doses starting around 1974 or so. He was saying mentzer was on 2.5 grams of Deca a week among other things.

Keith, were you a big time user throughout your career? If not, did you choose to not use them for health reasons or because of the ethical concerns?

I was beating people when I was clean.  One guy comes up to me and asks me what I wass taking.  I asked what did he mean.  He said steroids.  What was I taking.  I told nothing.  He couldn't believe I could beat guys clean.  he said I needed to get on them and no one would beat me if I was that strong without them.  So I asked and he said I had to take test cyp 200mg.  So I did.  It took me a few days to get the balls to shoot myself.  I always from when I was a kid hated needles.  I would ice my hip and then slap the shit out of it and then try to poke myself and always just barely go in.  By the time I finally did it I had about 20 smalls holes bleeding on my hip.  So I ended up taking one shot a day for 6 months straight.  Nothing else.  No orals.  I did try a couple Anadrol 50's one time but almost overnight I saw a small pimple on my shoulder and I stopped.  I have perfect smooth skin and all of a sudden I saw this and I quit.  The day after my last competition I quit cold turkey and have never ever done anything since.  So i have been clean since 1986.  I kept most of my strength and size cause I continued to lift heavy just not everyday.  In 1985 or so I inclined benched the most I have done and that was 505.  The guys I trained with at that time are the strongest guys in hawaii.  all of them competed.  The bench and incline though are the only things I trained with them on.  And I wouldn't start till they got to 315 which I used to do my first set with.  And even to this day I still get my strength back very fast.  Just now I have a huge gut and ass.
No Worries 4 me

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #984 on: May 14, 2010, 04:24:39 PM »
I was beating people when I was clean.  One guy comes up to me and asks me what I wass taking.  I asked what did he mean.  He said steroids.  What was I taking.  I told nothing.  He couldn't believe I could beat guys clean.  he said I needed to get on them and no one would beat me if I was that strong without them.  So I asked and he said I had to take test cyp 200mg.  So I did.  It took me a few days to get the balls to shoot myself.  I always from when I was a kid hated needles.  I would ice my hip and then slap the shit out of it and then try to poke myself and always just barely go in.  By the time I finally did it I had about 20 smalls holes bleeding on my hip.  So I ended up taking one shot a day for 6 months straight.  Nothing else.  No orals.  I did try a couple Anadrol 50's one time but almost overnight I saw a small pimple on my shoulder and I stopped.  I have perfect smooth skin and all of a sudden I saw this and I quit.  The day after my last competition I quit cold turkey and have never ever done anything since.  So i have been clean since 1986.  I kept most of my strength and size cause I continued to lift heavy just not everyday.  In 1985 or so I inclined benched the most I have done and that was 505.  The guys I trained with at that time are the strongest guys in hawaii.  all of them competed.  The bench and incline though are the only things I trained with them on.  And I wouldn't start till they got to 315 which I used to do my first set with.  And even to this day I still get my strength back very fast.  Just now I have a huge gut and ass.
Keith always brings the history cool as hell. Casey still is the youngest Mr America ever.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #985 on: May 14, 2010, 04:44:09 PM »

The only fact I know is what I took a few times. 2 Dianabol tablets for 50 days because the bottles contained 100 tablets. I have no idea what others were taking. In 1970 Dr Michael W approached me at English Bay Beach in Vancouver. This was in the summer after I had just won the Mr Canada title. We got into a great discussion about bodybuilding and he seemed to have insider knowledge about who was gay in the scene. He was gay so maybe he knew but I was a bit sceptical because he was naming just about all the top guys and also the guys who run bodybuilding, if you know what I mean. Well, I was more concerned about advice into how I could clear up my skin because I had a problem with acne. He told me to come to Los Angeles and he would supervise me. He said I could be a Mr Universe within 6 months taking Decadurabolin. Well, I hate getting injected with needles so that wasn't at all appealing. He said he would be able to clear my skin up no problem. I never accepted his offer and he never accepted my invitation to have dinner at my place with my wife. I never tried Decadurabolin or any other steroid or drug. I never spoke to him again as he seemed to lose interest for some peculiar reason!  ??? ::) ;D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #986 on: May 14, 2010, 06:41:39 PM »
Basile, why don't you answer my question. It's easy to complain all the time but harder to offer a realistic solution.

Okay. Please humor us, if you were in charge, how would you go about ridding the sport of drugs? You make it sound so simple, tell us. Also talk about funding for the testing and please tell us how the IFBB could do a better job than the IOC/WADA has done (they have been unsuccessful to say the least).

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #987 on: May 14, 2010, 07:09:14 PM »
Basile, why don't you answer my question. It's easy to complain all the time but harder to offer a realistic solution.

Because he cant...plain and simple.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #988 on: May 14, 2010, 07:14:36 PM »

hey chick...are you going to talk to the powers at bsn to dump wolfe and add roelly n evan to the roster? 

ronnie
brandon
roelly
evan

that's lights out.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #989 on: May 14, 2010, 07:14:48 PM »

he can, he is tired of answering questions from people who regurgitate the same damn dead end argument because they don't want to bite the hand that feeds them and don't care about the athletes health, only their wallet.

TEAM Nasser

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #990 on: May 14, 2010, 07:25:13 PM »
he can, he is tired of answering questions from people who regurgitate the same damn dead end argument because they don't want to bite the hand that feeds them and don't care about the athletes health, only their wallet.

Tired of answering questions??  He's never answered ONE....

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #991 on: May 14, 2010, 07:26:13 PM »
who used the most from what you saw or heard of Keith? Is it true Benny Podda sold fake winny?

shotgun on the team

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #992 on: May 14, 2010, 10:00:34 PM »
who used the most from what you saw or heard of Keith? Is it true Benny Podda sold fake winny?

I have no idea.  I didn't hang around them much.  They came to the club I worked at alot though.  And yes benny sold fake Winny V. 
No Worries 4 me

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #993 on: May 17, 2010, 07:58:04 PM »
I have no idea.  I didn't hang around them much.  They came to the club I worked at alot though.  And yes benny sold fake Winny V. 

Did anyone confront him? Did he admit he pulled a fast one, or did he act like he got scammed too?
shotgun on the team

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #994 on: May 17, 2010, 08:05:54 PM »
Did anyone confront him? Did he admit he pulled a fast one, or did he act like he got scammed too?

He moved into a cave and became a medicine man...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #995 on: May 17, 2010, 08:34:49 PM »
Bob's career as a bodybuilder is almost over. Good luck if he gets some endorsements. He will soon be selling used cars or furniture in Florida or maybe he will send his wife back to work while he stays home. He seems to be good playing with kids.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #996 on: May 17, 2010, 08:37:07 PM »
Bob's career as a bodybuilder is almost over. Good luck if he gets some endorsements. He will soon be selling used cars or furniture in Florida or maybe he will send his wife back to work while he stays home. He seems to be good playing with kids.

LOL
TEAM Nasser

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #997 on: May 17, 2010, 10:13:33 PM »

What are you testing me.  I am sure you know I did.  I have mentioned it a couple times on here.
No Worries 4 me

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #998 on: May 18, 2010, 01:45:45 AM »

Thanks for sharing man. I was obsessed with using steroids when I found out that Arnold did in fact use them, lol. I did one cycle and gained around 30 pounds, and found that I could train 3x a day, lol. It was just too easy and I felt like I was cheating, imagine that.

Yeah, that is what I have been saying, a guy with your base/muscle memory would be back into shape in no time. I have lost 38 pounds so far since February, and I am getting back that motivation to get better than before yet I was no where near what you used to be. 

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #999 on: May 20, 2010, 02:02:42 PM »
So, did anyone find out how much money B$N is paying chickster?
I dont like twinks.