Author Topic: Buffett Endorses Hillary for President in 2016  (Read 266 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Buffett Endorses Hillary for President in 2016
« on: November 15, 2012, 11:38:59 AM »
Brilliant.  Now all she needs is Oprah's endorsement and she's a shoe-in. 

Buffett Endorses Hillary for President in 2016
Thursday, 15 Nov 2012
By Newsmax Wires

Legendary investor Warren Buffett would like to see Secretary of State Hillary Clinton elected president in 2016.

"I don't see how you could have anybody better qualified," he told CNN Wednesday. "I like what she believes in. I think she's extraordinarily able and energetic for that matter in pushing those beliefs."

Clinton has said she will step down from the State Department early next year and has no interest in re-entering politics. But speculation is strong that she may run for the White House four years from now. Clinton did enter the race in 2008, losing to President Barack Obama.

Meanwhile, the billionaire Buffett also said Obama should insist on a tax increase for the wealthy, even if that triggers a leap off the fiscal cliff. The economy can survive a two-month period to reach an agreement over the $607 billion in tax increases and spending cuts now set for Jan. 1, he said.

"We're not going to permanently cripple ourselves," said the Berkshire Hathaway CEO. "We have a very resilient economy. The fact that [lawmakers] can't get along for the month of January is not going to torpedo the economy."

Buffett scoffs at the notion that capital gains, dividend, and corporate taxes can’t be increased without doing major damage. "I lived through the 1950s and 60s with rates far higher for capital gains taxes and corporate taxes, and our economy boomed.”

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/buffett-clinton-presidential-run/2012/11/15/id/464246

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Buffett Endorses Hillary for President in 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 11:58:44 AM »
I doubt she'll run

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 12:05:47 PM »
I doubt she'll run

in 2 years... if she's fully rested, rich as fck, healthy and strong...

I think she'll look at the 2016 candidate list and say "I bet I could do a lot of good in the world in just one term".

America would say "One more chance at having a Clinton" and I bet most would be okay with that.   Mccain's one-term promise was attractive to many.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 04:03:56 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]