Author Topic: Christine O'Donnell: "I Dabbled Into Witchcraft"  (Read 7740 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Christine O'Donnell: "I Dabbled Into Witchcraft"
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 02:49:11 PM »
So turns out this is something she did in high school.  This is as dumb as people posting Palin's high school transcripts.

O'Donnell: No Witchcraft Since High School
By Kimberly Schwandt
Published September 19, 2010 | FoxNews.com

Delaware Republican Senate nominee Christine O'Donnell responded to old clips that surfaced over the weekend where she said she had once "dabbled in witchcraft."

She clarified at a GOP picnic in Delaware Sunday, "I was in high school, how many of you didn't hang out with questionable folks in high school? But no, there's been no witchcraft since, if there was, Karl Rove would be a supporter."

O'Donnell canceled her Sunday show appearances after her 1999 confession on Bill Maher's "Politically Incorrect" show that she "dabbled into witchcraft" came out.

O'Donnell's campaign insists the Tea Party-backed nominee decided to attend church and a Republican Party picnic in Sussex County, Del., rather than appear on national news shows Sunday, even as it was forced to respond to a newly released video of O'Donnell on a talk show talking about her dalliances with the dark arts.

O'Donnell had been scheduled to appear on "Fox News Sunday" but canceled late Friday. CBS'  "Face the Nation" host Bob Schieffer said Sunday he received an e-mail from O'Donnell's campaign denying that she backed out at the last minute from appearing on his show because of the tape released by comedian Bill Maher.

"'No, that is not the reason. We weren't aware that he had released this tape until yesterday afternoon,'" Schieffer said, reading the e-mail on his show.

"As for dabbling in witchcraft, whatever that is, her campaign spokesman said, 'Campaigns about what she did as a teen is hardly a worry to her or the people of Delaware,'" Schieffer said.

The response followed the release Friday night of a 1999 video appearance on Bill Maher's "Politically Incorrect" show in which O'Donnell admitted to her host that she "dabbled into witchcraft. I never joined a coven."

"I hung around people who were doing these things. I'm not making this stuff up. I know what they told me they do," she said.

Maher aired the clip Friday night on "Real Time with Bill Maher" and said he will release more clips of her until she appears on his show.

During the interview, O'Donnell, now 41, described a date with a witch. The set-up and context of the remarks were unclear.

"One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar, and I didn't know it. I mean, there's little blood there and stuff like that," she said, laughing in the clip.

"We went to a movie and then had a little midnight picnic on a satanic altar," she said.

The clip follows a string of revelations that has put the nominee under scrutiny on both sides of the political aisle. They range from back tax payments to statements about sex, masturbation and lust that she made on MTV's "Sex in the '90s."

O'Donnell told talk show host Phil Donahue in 2002, "Condoms will not protect you from AIDS." While appearing on "The O'Reilly Factor" in 2006, O'Donnell called condoms "anti-human."

The nominee has since said her views on sex have "matured" since her youth and that sexual behavior is a "private matter," adding that her role as a politician will be about the Constitution and not her personal views.

O'Donnell received about 65 percent of the vote in Sussex County, where the Republican Party picnic is being held. Sussex County played a major role in her winning the nomination over Republican opponent Rep. Mike Castle.

She now faces Democrat Chris Coons in the race to fill former Vice President Biden's former Senate seat. Polling shortly after Tuesday's election showed Coons in the lead.

But her come-from-behind surge to defeat Castle was seen as a marker of the strength of the Tea Party as well as the political power of 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

The latest remarks on witchcraft put O'Donnell, who has cast herself as a conservative with Christian values, in an awkward position.

Glen Urquhart, the GOP nominee for the House seat in Delaware, told Fox News that O'Donnell's comments are "unfortunate" but he will continue to support her candidacy.

"I obviously wish that Christine O'Donnell hadn't dabbled in witchcraft. I think she wishes she hadn't dabbled in witchcraft," he said.

"I know that she has committed to Christ," Urquhart said, adding, "I believe she has all the right policies for Delaware and the United States of America."

Karl Rove, the GOP strategist and former senior adviser to former President George W. Bush, indicated last week that her win wasn't helpful for Republicans trying to pick up the Delaware seat to win a GOP majority in the Senate.

But on Sunday, Rove said it's smart for O'Donnell to have canceled her Sunday show appearances.

"She shouldn't have accepted in the first place. But you know, she needs to talk to the people of Delaware. It's Delaware voters. It's not conservatives around the country who are going to determine her -- the outcome of this election," Rove told "Fox News Sunday."

Rove said O'Donnell has more than one issue in her past to explain and to declare them all untrue or to ignore them is "a legitimate campaign strategy" though perhaps not a winning one.

"It depends upon ... this wave of animosity towards President Obama in order to get elected," he said.

But O'Donnell can get past the focus on her personal history, Rove said.

"In southern Delaware, where there are a lot of church-going people, they're probably going to want to know what was that all about," Rove said of the witchcraft remarks. "And again, she said it on television when she went on the -- on the Bill Maher show. And I -- my view is she can't simply ignore it. She's got to deal with it and explain it and put it in its most sympathetic light and move on."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/19/campaign-magical-explanation-odonnells-witchcraft-dalliance/?test=latestnews

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 03:18:24 PM »
Religious voters who voted for obama had no problem with his dabbling in cocaine, hanging out with domestic terrorists, etc.

So whats the problem? 

Um, YOU and many others rag on obama all the time for cocaine use 25 years ago.

So her witchcraft in the last decade must be relevant too?

And what is the statute of limitations for 'witchcraft' being dismissed as no biggie? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 05:43:40 PM »
Religious voters who voted for obama had no problem with his dabbling in cocaine, hanging out with domestic terrorists, etc.

So whats the problem? 
yea, you guys didn't have a problem with Bush doing the same.

I wouldn't have really gave a shit if Obama said he dabbled in witchcraft.  I would have thought it was silly and some stupid thing he did as a teen or something. I would have rolled my eyes and said, oh brother.... What I'm saying is that the right tend to freak on that kind of crap and would have used it against a dem, especially the religious right who back O'Donnell. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 05:44:57 PM »
Um, YOU and many others rag on obama all the time for cocaine use 25 years ago.

So her witchcraft in the last decade must be relevant too?

And what is the statute of limitations for 'witchcraft' being dismissed as no biggie? 
hmmm you and others defend obamas connections to terrorists and his radical idealogical stances as being old and non relevant so please tell me why this womans views from 10 yrs ago are relevant and obamas was not?  :D :D ;) ;D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 06:05:27 PM »
hmmm you and others defend obamas connections to terrorists and his radical idealogical stances as being old and non relevant so please tell me why this womans views from 10 yrs ago are relevant and obamas was not?  :D :D ;) ;D

What's funny is Obama still runs in that same circle, he still has the same connections and the same friends now as he did then. You think if O'Donnell was a member of a coven now people would be upset, lol?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 06:15:00 PM »
What's funny is Obama still runs in that same circle, he still has the same connections and the same friends now as he did then. You think if O'Donnell was a member of a coven now people would be upset, lol?
LMAO EXACTLY the same morons yelling about this were scrambling to cover for obama and his ayers, wright, radical left connections during the election saying that they were over 10 years old but now this womans views from over a decade ago are relevant?

fuking really

come on 240, hugo , straw, blacken why are her views from 10 yrs ago relevant but obamas were not?

pls someone explain this to me

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 07:32:52 PM »
ODonnells' opponent is an admitted marxist, yet 240 thinks that is perfectly fine.  Go figure. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 07:40:27 PM »
ODonnells' opponent is an admitted marxist, yet 240 thinks that is perfectly fine.  Go figure. 

i said i'd vote for her just for her policy positions.

I'll say it for a 9th time if you'd like.

i'd vote for her just for her policy positions.

i just think she's an awesome amusing story.  It's equally funny as a Rangel or jefferson with the cold cash in his freezer.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 07:44:50 PM »

i just think she's an awesome amusing story.  It's equally funny as a Rangel or jefferson with the cold cash in his freezer.

OK   ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 07:47:45 PM »

more bull shit so you can attach yourself to her and criticize as an insider  ;D ::) :P

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 07:48:31 PM »
since i'm a boring married guy, I no longer am able to enjoy my own personal drama.  but i sure do enjoy political drama.

my theory is that rove already knew about all of these demons following her - which is why he was honest in that she ain't gonna go winnin' this seat.  If anyone knows this stuff, its rove.  

He got bashed for 'not backing the tea party candidate' - but IMO it was more about his honesty that she is a seriously weak candidate.  Her new strategy - cancel all appearances then try to downplay all the drama with press releases - isn't as entertaining as watching her actually try to explain these things to a person with a straight face.

And really - if a dem candidate with  ahistory of anti-masturbatory witchcraft lied about her college degree long enough to embezzle 20k from campaign funds... to go BOWLING.... it sure as shit would be relevant, and it sure as heck would be an entertaining discussion.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 07:49:36 PM »
more bull shit so you can attach yourself to her and criticize as an insider  ;D ::) :P

more 'attack 240 cause you sure as hell dont wanna talk about odonnell'.

can't say i blame you.   attack the messenger works well in this case.  Tear up 240 for another 20 posts... we might all forget she spent 2 years talking about a college degree she didn't have :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 07:54:41 PM »
more 'attack 240 cause you sure as hell dont wanna talk about odonnell'.

can't say i blame you.   attack the messenger works well in this case.  Tear up 240 for another 20 posts... we might all forget she spent 2 years talking about a college degree she didn't have :)
LOL i think she is a nut to be honest and I said so 2 days ago before getting involved in this bull shit "real issues" that 240 wants to talk about  ::) but then again thats consistant with my beliefs...i didnt excuse obamas connections and words from 10 yrs ago and then try to make this womans relevant like your ass  ;) :D :D

but i understand you doing it falls right in line with your M.O.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 08:00:48 PM »
LOL i think she is a nut to be honest

Tony....Why do you feel this way?

33, do you agree with tony?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2010, 08:02:45 PM »
I agree that odonnel is a nut but are you going to admit the same the next time another obama comes around is the question?
do you agree with my point on obama 240?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2010, 08:03:45 PM »
Tony....Why do you feel this way?

33, do you agree with tony?
lmao dont really know that much about her to be honest but the whole sarah palin look alike thing is enough to turn me off, which is odd  ;) ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2010, 08:05:53 PM »
Yes she is a nut, but a nut beats an admitted communist/marxist any day in my book. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2010, 08:06:45 PM »
do you agree with my point on obama 240?

Yeah - I think his old connections, and palin's speech to separist group and odonnell's witchcraft - are all ABOUT FIFTY PERCENT RELEVANT.

We all make mistakes.... but if you look a guy who happened to murder 20 people "while he was in high school".... you'd still consider him to be screwed up, even when he's 50 years old and hasn't killed in 35 years, right?

it's like that.   Obama didn't give a shit about the law when he used coke, and he doesn't care for the law now.  Palin didn't give a shit about the US constitution when she supported a separist group, and she didn't give a shit when she screamed about the r-word when Dems used it only.  ODonnell - in her 4 days of national glory - has shown about 20 cases of "poor judgment" from 20 years ago, to 2 years ago... it's a safe bet she's gonna keep on showing poor judgment as senator.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2010, 08:09:25 PM »
Yeah - I think his old connections, and palin's speech to separist group and odonnell's witchcraft - are all ABOUT FIFTY PERCENT RELEVANT.

We all make mistakes.... but if you look a guy who happened to murder 20 people "while he was in high school".... you'd still consider him to be screwed up, even when he's 50 years old and hasn't killed in 35 years, right?

it's like that.   Obama didn't give a shit about the law when he used coke, and he doesn't care for the law now.  Palin didn't give a shit about the US constitution when she supported a separist group, and she didn't give a shit when she screamed about the r-word when Dems used it only.  ODonnell - in her 4 days of national glory - has shown about 20 cases of "poor judgment" from 20 years ago, to 2 years ago... it's a safe bet she's gonna keep on showing poor judgment as senator.
LMFAO and obama didnt show poor judgement up until the election and even since then?

dude you did everything you could to cover for him during the election, so what has changed your mind?

could it be now that the shoe is on the other foot and you want to do some kicking of your own...lol what a piece of work your are bro... :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »
LMFAO and obama didnt show poor judgement up until the election and even since then?

dude you did everything you could to cover for him during the election, so what has changed your mind?

could it be now that the shoe is on the other foot and you want to do some kicking of your own...lol what a piece of work your are bro... :D

obama showed poor judgment as well as a disrespect for the law - BEFORE he got into office.  it was a damn good indicator of what we'd get - and we did.

ODonnell shit all over the law, spent $ illegally, and showed poor judgment with witchcraft.  Chances are, as senator, she'd shrug off the law, blow $ like a drunken sailr, and who knows what else.

Still, i'd vote for her, only because the dumbshit voters in that state let it come down to a lib and a nutcase.  They're lib nutcases for the most part.  They tolerated Biden for many years ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2010, 08:15:17 PM »
obama showed poor judgment as well as a disrespect for the law - BEFORE he got into office.  it was a damn good indicator of what we'd get - and we did.

ODonnell shit all over the law, spent $ illegally, and showed poor judgment with witchcraft.  Chances are, as senator, she'd shrug off the law, blow $ like a drunken sailr, and who knows what else.

Still, i'd vote for her, only because the dumbshit voters in that state let it come down to a lib and a nutcase.  They're lib nutcases for the most part.  They tolerated Biden for many years ;)
and yet you still shilled and campaigned and still do for every bull shit piece of legislation that he shits out and says is a golden egg...

so again I ASK YOU, what the difference is between obama and this woman? it couldnt be that you see the shoe on the other foot and want to get some kicking in of your own is it? noooo that couldnt be it at all right?  ::)

what a piece of work you are bro...what a piece

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2010, 08:40:26 PM »
CNN: Book says Hillary talks to dead (Sec State and NY Senator dabbles in seances)
http://edition.cnn.com/US/9606/22/hillary.book/index.html ^ | 6/22/96 | some CNN hack

First lady Hillary Rodham Clinton held imaginary conversations with Eleanor Roosevelt and Mahatma Gandhi as a therapeutic release, according to a new book written by Bob Woodward, says a report in Sunday's edition of The Chicago Sun-Times...Woodward says the adviser was Jean Houston, co-director of the Foundation for Mind Research, which he describes as a group that studies the psychic experience and altered and expanded consciousness.

(Excerpt) Read more at edition.cnn.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2010, 08:41:53 PM »
more religious nonsense, this time from hilary.  and bush said he didn't consult his sec of defense befor einvading iraq, but he did talk to God about it.

pandering by nutjobs.  its that simple.

The GOVT's JOB: keep us safe, fix the economy, stay outta bedrooms, stay outta churches.  it's that simple.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2010, 09:11:35 PM »
and yet you still shilled and campaigned and still do for every bull shit piece of legislation that he shits out and says is a golden egg...

so again I ASK YOU, what the difference is between obama and this woman? it couldnt be that you see the shoe on the other foot and want to get some kicking in of your own is it? noooo that couldnt be it at all right?  ::)

what a piece of work you are bro...what a piece
bump for an answer 240

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2010, 09:32:29 PM »
more religious nonsense, this time from hilary.  and bush said he didn't consult his sec of defense befor einvading iraq, but he did talk to God about it.

pandering by nutjobs.  its that simple.

The GOVT's JOB: keep us safe, fix the economy, stay outta bedrooms, stay outta churches.  it's that simple.

Fix the economy? Seriously? Can you please tell me how it is the job of the government to fix the economy?