Author Topic: 2 quick question s  (Read 2941 times)

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
2 quick question s
« on: April 06, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »
hey guys
I started working a new w time 10-6.. I was wondering if you guys train before or after work?? I die to workout on training days..I work in a very fast place  work and  i want to give a 100*% to training. I'm affaid of being to wipe to go balls to the walls... after work, my legs and feet are totally sore.  from working.I've always trained in the morning time around 11am when i was working  3-11. my second question is, if i train before work. i would have to train around  7-8am.. I usually eat  a food meal an hour pefore training. can i get away with doing a soild food meal a 1/2 hour before training??

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: 2 quick question s
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 05:06:06 PM »
me personally i think morning lifting sucks ass first off ur not awake second off u dont have that much food and water in you lastly u then go to work all day and break down muscle cause they have been worked. id rather work all day go to the gym well fed and can kick back and lifting and rest.   but getting your workout in is number one any time.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 03:24:02 PM »
hey guys
 can i get away with doing a soild food meal a 1/2 hour before training??

This always makes me sick....Just have a shake before u go....

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 04:42:29 PM »
definitely do the early am workout...40 grams protein w water and a few oatmeal packets raw...do your post workout shake, then try to eat again at work not too long later...(as you prb. already know this)..
NOw, you have the whole day to work, then relax and eat!

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 10:51:28 AM »
After work works best for me.  Need the food and protein in the system.  Although Friday mornings i do shoulders and have great workouts.  Generally when the weather is nice like spring and summer i can get 1 or 2 mornings in if necessary.  But never in the winter. 

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 03:59:02 PM »
I read in a mag that a study was done and people who trained after six pm gained muscle and lost fat, people who trained before 10am actually got fatter and gained less muscle.

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 04:11:07 PM »
what kind of work do you do?  if its manual labor definitely train before work, and if you're sitting at a computer all day it should be fine to train after work.  personally if you have to be at work by 10 which is pretty late, i'd just train in the morning at eat all day...take some ephedrine before hand and rock n roll
its comin today

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 08:16:01 PM »
I work in a clothing store. i wouldnt think its a manual labor but I'm on my feet during my whole shift. my legs are killing me but the time works done. I've learned its seriously sucks to have big  legs.  its killing my when i have to squat down to put something  low... I think that everyone have done students on the best time to train. in the old Flex meg with Branch on the cover. they said that both groups of subjecs both grow with there respectable training time....so i just think it dowsnt matter, as long as you go ...

right now, I'm trying the workout after work.. my work is like  in the middle of my apt. and the gym...

should i change the time i train to give  everythime  100% of energy?

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 10:25:02 PM »
i been having a hard time with my gym time i got a job at a retail store moving heavy shit around all day (good cardio) but I'm putting in over 40 hours on top of that i go to school I'm taking 18 hours this semester and i still need time to go to the gym  :(

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 01:39:10 PM »
I hope your getting enough sleep.  Sleep is very important for the muscle building process.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 10:28:46 PM »
nope about 6 hours at the most

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 08:25:51 AM »
Six hours isnt too bad.  But more would be better.  Also do you have any days off of work and school that you can just rest and take it easy??

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 08:54:18 PM »
i go to the gym @ 7am, start work @ 9am.  can't imagine having a good workout @ 5pm, after a whole day in the office.

bcsig

• Getbig I
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 10:27:59 PM »
Ya protein shake before u work out is grt--- at least thats what I do...especially in the morning prior to working out and biking to the gym...

Sig