Author Topic: The History Channel  (Read 7075 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: The History Channel
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 12:54:24 AM »
YES!

They need to go back to shows like Historys Mysteries, Battlefield Detectives, and History vs. Hollywood.  Not this Pawn Stars and Cajun garbage.

It's only gonna get worse... The more people who are interested in real history, the more the Hierarchy will rewrite it with shows on the so called History channel. The History channel was great at one time. They drew people in and then pulled the sheets over their heads with shows listed above. The shit is totally out of control.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 04:24:01 PM »
History IQ was really cool.  Kind of like Jeopardy.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 07:27:25 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/04/05/historys-vikings-renewed-for-season-2/

History’s ‘Vikings’ Renewed for Season 2

The History Channel’s first gamble on a scripted series was a worthy adventure.

“Vikings” has been renewed for a second season of 10 episodes, the network announced Friday. Production on Season 2 is slated to begin this summer and will air in 2014.

The series is based on the legend of Viking Ragnar Lothbrook (Travis Fimmel) and co-stars Gabriel Byrne, Jessalyn Gilsig and Katheryn Winnick. “Vikings” has averaged five million total viewers in its time slot on Sunday nights, with four more new episodes left before the first-season finale airs on Sunday, April 28.

“Vikings is a win-win for us. As our first scripted series, ‘Vikings’ has paid off in a big way with critical acclaim, strong ratings and a passionate, loyal fan base. It came out of the gate strong and has stayed on top, solidifying History as a major player in the scripted genre, just as we are in reality,” said executive vice president of development and programming Dirk Hoogstra in a statement.

“Vikings” airs Sundays at 10/9c on History Channel.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 08:22:38 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/04/05/historys-vikings-renewed-for-season-2/

History’s ‘Vikings’ Renewed for Season 2

The History Channel’s first gamble on a scripted series was a worthy adventure.

“Vikings” has been renewed for a second season of 10 episodes, the network announced Friday. Production on Season 2 is slated to begin this summer and will air in 2014.

The series is based on the legend of Viking Ragnar Lothbrook (Travis Fimmel) and co-stars Gabriel Byrne, Jessalyn Gilsig and Katheryn Winnick. “Vikings” has averaged five million total viewers in its time slot on Sunday nights, with four more new episodes left before the first-season finale airs on Sunday, April 28.

“Vikings is a win-win for us. As our first scripted series, ‘Vikings’ has paid off in a big way with critical acclaim, strong ratings and a passionate, loyal fan base. It came out of the gate strong and has stayed on top, solidifying History as a major player in the scripted genre, just as we are in reality,” said executive vice president of development and programming Dirk Hoogstra in a statement.

“Vikings” airs Sundays at 10/9c on History Channel.

Good show.

Naggash

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 10:53:12 PM »
Hahaha! Yes! Brother Arce!  And this is the reason I wont watch this blasphemous, fraudulent garbage. It's not historically accurate!

That's all I have to say about that.

Where is that pic from?

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2013, 05:19:00 AM »
fuck "the Bible"....this show is full of bullshits and made up Crap......

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2013, 05:49:07 AM »

they couldnt possibly have closthes like this back in the day?
A

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2013, 01:31:51 PM »
  I watched every episode. All I can say is   hmmmmmmm?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2013, 01:50:48 PM »
History Channel was turned into the Pawn Stars Channel no? 
chumlee is trying to get into shape was 280 with about 50 percent body fat. have to make it getbig orientated.
F

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »
Good show.
Earl Haraldson really grinds my gears...

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2013, 08:26:42 PM »
Clive Standen, who plays Ragnar's brother Rollo on Vikings, is playing a Viking again in Hammer of the Gods:

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2013, 08:35:09 PM »
Find a way to watch the full season of Vikings on the History channel. The season just ended last week, but has already been approved for a second season. Very good show.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 10:10:41 PM »
Fast-forward for season 2: an older Bjorn has been hired.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/vikings-enlists-hunger-games-law-566206

'Vikings' Enlists 'Hunger Games,' 'Law & Order' Actors for Season 2 (Exclusive)

The drama has tapped The Hunger Games' Alexander Ludwig and Law & Order's Linus Roache as series regulars, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.

Ludwig, who played Cato in the big-screen adaptation of Suzanne Collins' best-seller, will portray Bjorn, the intelligent and bold warrior son of Ragnar Lothbrok (Travis Fimmel).

Roache, whose credits include more than 60 episodes of NBC's flagship Law & Order series as ADA Michael Cutter, will play Ecbert, King of Wessex. The character is described as a being full of strength, knowledge and undisguised ambition.

History renewed Vikings, its first original scripted series, for a 10-episode second season. Production will begin this summer for a 2014 return.

Ludwig, whose résumé also includes Race to Witch Mountain and The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising, is represented by ICM Partners, Untitled Entertainment and Hansen Jacobson.

Roache, whose credits also include Coronation Street, Kidnapped and the Titanic miniseries, is repped by ICM Partners and Artists Independent.

EH

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2013, 10:43:45 PM »
Tonight: The Bible

if I want to watch a show on a book of fiction about myths and superstitions, i'll watch Harry Potter. thanks. ;)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2013, 07:42:00 AM »
if I want to watch a show on a book of fiction about myths and superstitions, i'll watch Harry Potter. thanks. ;)
so, everything and everyone in the bible is fictional?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2013, 07:47:11 AM »
Vikings definitely worth watching, glad to hear about season 2.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2013, 10:15:38 AM »
I only like Pawn Stars and Counts Customs.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2013, 11:17:56 AM »
Vikings definitely worth watching, glad to hear about season 2.
yeah, dude is gonna be crushed that his daughter died, and then he's gonna have to explain to his wife that he got another woman pregnant. And his brother is siding with someone else.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2013, 11:20:55 AM »
so, everything and everyone in the bible is fictional?

too far fetched for me bro, i prefer factual doco's

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2013, 07:20:21 PM »
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/tv/comic-con-vikings-will-land-with-stars-free-comic-boat-races/#/0

Comic-Con International attendees are in for better treatment than the monks of Lindisfarne, however: Costumed shieldmaidens will beckon them to board miniature Norse-styled ships, grab a paddle and race on the “Vikings” Interactive Waterway close to the convention center, and fans who turn up at the hit History show’s Friday night panel will receive a free comic book.

Hero Complex readers can take the first look at the comic’s cover, which shows the bold, bright Ragnar, his fierce, loving wife Lagertha, his envious, scheming brother Rollo and the all-father, Odin. (See a larger version of the cover here.)

The story is written by show creator Michael Hirst and features interior artwork by Dennis Calero (“X-Men Noir”). It’s set before the events of Season 1 and sees Ragnar and Rollo alongside their father in battle, along with the brothers’ first encounter with Lagertha.

If the show’s WonderCon panel in March was any indication, the “Vikings” Comic-Con hour could be a feisty one: Though his character worships Odin and Thor, star Travis Fimmel seemed more in league with Loki, mischievously joking about a risque scene involving his Ragnar, Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick) and their captured monk Athelstan (George Blagden). Audience members intermittently roared “Ragnar!”

Fimmel, Winnick and Blagden are all scheduled to appear in San Diego and are set to be joined by Hirst, Clive Standen (Rollo), Gustaf Skarsgard (Floki), Jessalyn Gilsig (Siggy) and History executive Dirk Hoogstra.

The “Vikings” panel will take place on Friday, July 19, at 6 p.m. in the San Diego Convention Center’s Room 6A.

One thing to watch for: whether Skarsgard’s reactions are as eccentric as Floki’s.

The cast is also scheduled to appear at the “Vikings” Interactive Waterway from 11 a.m. to noon on the 19th. The attraction, which also has a photo area, runs 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. from Thursday, July 18, to Saturday, July 20. It will be located at 450 Second Ave.

“Vikings” was the second-most-watched cable program in the second quarter, with a viewership of 5.2 million per episode, according to Nielsen, our sister blog Company Town reported.

In her review, Times television critic Mary McNamara called the show “the tried and true story of an open-minded upstart challenging the corrupt establishment” and said that it is “a mostly noble attempt to humanize a group of people who have been reduced to the fact of their stature (tall) and their propensity for barbarism.”

It returns for Season 2 next year.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2013, 07:39:31 PM »
As for the Bible since the ratings mean money suddenly NBC wants to air what comes next:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nbc-snags-mark-burnetts-bible-578021

NBC Snags Mark Burnett's 'Bible' Follow-Up Series

A.D.: Beyond the Bible continues NBC's valuable relationship with Burnett, who executive produces The Voice. It also marks the first project under NBC's new long-form programming initiative following former ABC long-form executive Quinn Taylor's move to the Peacock network as executive vp movies, miniseries and international co-productions in mid-June.

A.D.: Beyond the Bible, from Burnett and wife Roma Downey, begins in the days after Jesus' betrayal and death. With NBC partnering to bring the follow-up to broadcast, the network is hoping to duplicate the success History Channel had with The Bible. The 10-parter debuted to 13.1 million viewers March 3, before wrapping up Easter Sunday with 11.7 million.

Since its release on DVD and Blu-ray in April, The Bible has become the top-selling miniseries of all time, having sold more than 1 million units in the past three months.

In April during NBCUniversal summer press day, Burnett hinted to The Hollywood Reporter that a follow-up project was already in the works, with the stories falling "in the same world." "We feel there is a void, and we're filling that void," he said at the time.

History opted to move on from the follow-up project, instead putting its focus on original miniseries already on its slate, like Houdini with Adrien Brody.

“NBC is thrilled to bring this highly anticipated sequel to Mark and Roma’s The Bible to network television,” said Jennifer Salke, president of NBC Entertainment. “There was huge interest in this project within the television community, and NBC is gratified by Mark’s confidence in our ability to partner with him and position this miniseries as true event television.“

“I followed the development process of The Bible closely with Mark and knew that the story was far from over after Christ’s crucifixion. In fact, what happened in the aftermath -- which is essentially the beginning of Christianity -- is utterly fascinating," said Bob Greenblatt, chairman of NBC Entertainment. "The day after The Bible premiered, I told Mark we were on board with no hesitation for the follow-up miniseries. This will be attention-getting in every way, and we’re proud to continue our association with Mark, which has just grown exponentially from The Voice.”

“We are thrilled to be working with Bob, Jen and Quinn Taylor to bring the follow-up to our hit cable series The Bible to broadcast television with NBC," said Burnett and Downey in a joint statement  "Our new series, A.D.: Beyond the Bible, is another massive project and a major commitment, but it’s a story that has to be told. It’s a story that changed the world. We look forward to making this an enormous television event on NBC."

A.D. Beyond the Bible will be executive produced by Downey, Burnett and Richard Bedser. It is a co-production between Downey's and Burnett's LightWorkers Media, Hearst Productions and Universal Television. (Hearst Corporation owns 50 percent of A&E Networks — consisting of networks like History, Lifetime and A&E — and has a 50 percent stake in Mark Burnett Productions.)

There has been renewed interest in long-form programming, with networks adding a growing number of limited series to their respective slates (Fox's 24: Live Another Day and Cosmos, FX's Fargo, ABC's How to Survive a Plague, to name a few).

Religion-based programming, both on the scripted and unscripted side, is attracting viewers -- especially on cable. The success of The Bible has proven that there is a demand for such faith-based series. "We knew the subject area [was of interest to] our viewers and beyond," History executive vp development and programming Dirk Hoogstra told THR earlier this year.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2013, 02:54:03 AM »
Vikings is the only thing worth watching on the regular History channel these days.
They need to make an ancient history channel.