Author Topic: Ravens Colts thread  (Read 22959 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Ravens Colts thread
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2007, 05:25:24 PM »

Haha, pretty sure the patriots walked all over the jets, scored, sacked penington and the defense held them in the redzone. You know since new englands has such red zone stats all year.

Pretty sure the Giants did nothing yet again and suck. But, you are a colts fan now so you can root for winners.

I'm not a Colts fan but I wouldn't mind seeing Peyton win a Super Bowl. The second he does he becomes the greatest QB to ever play the game and just solidifies him being better than Brady.  ;)

Insulting the Giants doesn't really bother me, they aren't a great team, oh well.

By the way, when the Pats don't win the Super Bowl this year, does it finally mean the Dynasty is over or can we expect some excuse?  ::)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2007, 05:28:30 PM »
He was acquitted.

I'm not saying he didn't stab a guy a bunch of times.

I'm just saying he was acquitted.

And O.J SIMPSON was aquitted too. :D

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2007, 05:30:35 PM »
That is how a team wins a game. I would say the offensive performance by the ravens was a meltdown tonight. But I do not since that matters not. The colts won and they deserved to. No one made Chad Penington get baited into throwing a interception. Asanti jumped the route and took that pass away. Pennington is a vet. No one made jets not be able to score in the redzone all game. Getting thrown and run on all game contributed to them losing. Melting down would be a team being overpowered in that instance.

Looking FWD to the PATS game tomorrow. I am rooting for them...it will be an interesting rematch with the Colts.

P.S. Great idea for a board. Much easier than sifting through all the General topics threads.

body88

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2007, 05:35:01 PM »
I'm not a Colts fan but I wouldn't mind seeing Peyton win a Super Bowl. The second he does he becomes the greatest QB to ever play the game and just solidifies him being better than Brady.  ;)

Insulting the Giants doesn't really bother me, they aren't a great team, oh well.

By the way, when the Pats don't win the Super Bowl this year, does it finally mean the Dynasty is over or can we expect some excuse?  ::)

When Payton has 3 rings and two superbowl mvp's he will be solidified as the best ever. Until then he is just a statistical monster with the best receivers on earth. Manning has thrown 5 picks and 1 td in the last 2 games. He is actually hurting his team. The greatest qb ever should get better in the playoffs not worse.

I insult the Giants because you talk about the pats like what they have done is nothing special, yet the Giants suck. Hell they only won when Bellicheck was the defensive coordinater there. his defensive schemes won you superbowls.

I never said the patriots where still a dynasty. You hate them for the sake off hating them. Once again they have won three superbowls in 5 years, 5 consecutive division titles made the playoffs last year and now are sitting in the second round with a 13 -4 record. You ignore the fact this is the salary cap era and how the NFL is designed against what the pats are doing. I am perfectly happy with my team making the playoffs and being in the hunt every year.

I did not start one thread when the colts where getting spanked by bad teams all year. If he makes it there good for him.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2007, 05:39:43 PM »

When Payton has 3 rings and two superbowl mvp's he will be solidified as the best ever. Until then he is just a statistical monster with the best receivers on earth. Manning has thrown 5 picks and 1 td in the last 2 games. He is actually hurting his team. The greatest qb ever should get better in the playoffs not worse.

I insult the Giants because you talk about the pats like what they have done is nothing special, yet the Giants suck. Hell they only won when Bellicheck was the defensive coordinater there. his defensive schemes won you superbowls.

I never said the patriots where still a dynasty. You hate them for the sake off hating them. Once again they have won three superbowls in 5 years, 5 consecutive division titles made the playoffs last year and now are sitting in the second round with a 13 -4 record. You ignore the fact this is the salary cap era and how the NFL is designed against what the pats are doing. I am perfectly happy with my team making the playoffs and being in the hunt every year.

I really don't have a problem with the Pats. It's their cocksucking fanboys who have excuse after excuse every time the team loses while acting like they're part of the show. It cracks me up even more considering the Pats were on the verge of moving to CT a few years ago because no one in Mass. cared about them. Win a few Super Bowls, and everyone's been a fan for life apparently. Dan Marino is one of the greatest QB's ever and he never won one. Should Peyton ever win one, with his numbers, he'll more than solidify himself as being the greatest QB of all time.

He did what he had to do to win today. Brady would have probably had the same game against the Ravens, their defense is just too good. So you can stop spewing your bullshit about that.  ::)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2007, 05:41:54 PM »

the Giants suck.

Nothing sucks...EVERYTHING Blows. In the presence of a vacuum,atmospheric preasure blows the liquid up the
   straw.Therefore,the Giants do not suck...They Blow. :)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2007, 05:43:31 PM »
He did what he had to do to win today.

5 field Goals.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2007, 05:44:27 PM »
   5 field Goals.

Carry On.

And who drove them down the field every time to get into field goal range for Vinatieri, which is roughly the 30 yard line. You're not going to score multiple TD's on a defense of that caliber.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2007, 05:46:02 PM »
And who drove them down the field every time to get into field goal range for Vinatieri, which is roughly the 30 yard line. You're not going to score multiple TD's on a defense of that caliber.

HAHAH I am a huge Colts fan.  :) I am not bashing Manning,just trying to pour gas on the fire. ;)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2007, 05:46:56 PM »
  HAHAH I am a huge Colts fan.  :) I am not bashing Manning,just trying to pour gas on the fire. ;)

hahahah, I completely ignored the Colts helmet in your avatar without noticing.  ;D

body88

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2007, 05:48:26 PM »
I really don't have a problem with the Pats. It's their cocksucking fanboys who have excuse after excuse every time the team loses while acting like they're part of the show. It cracks me up even more considering the Pats were on the verge of moving to CT a few years ago because no one in Mass. cared about them. Win a few Super Bowls, and everyone's been a fan for life apparently. Dan Marino is one of the greatest QB's ever and he never won one. Should Peyton ever win one, with his numbers, he'll more than solidify himself as being the greatest QB of all time.

He did what he had to do to win today. Brady would have probably had the same game against the Ravens, their defense is just too good. So you can stop spewing your bullshit about that.  ::)

Yes you do hate the pats. I have no idea how the fanboys are out there but that has nothing to do with me. The reason the pats where going to move to ct was there was no space for the stadium out here in MA. They found space and made it work. Please don't tell me no one cared about the pats. The made the superbowl with Parcels and where in the hunt a few times in the dark years. I have been a season ticket holder for 6 years and my father for 20 before that so I was in Shaffer as a kid when the NFL would not even let us on Monday night football since it was so violent and bad there.

I think Manning is one of the greatest qb's ever. I never said he was not. You said I did. I am merely saying that in the last two games he has thrown 5 picks and 1 td. That is an awful performance. Meanwhile Brady led the league passing last year, has three rings is a 2 time superbowl mvp and has never had receivers like Manning. They are just fantastic. Don't give me the Dieon crap either. he was good, but the highest he was ever ranked in the nfl was 21st last year when Brady had over 4000 yards passing. Other then that he was never in the top 30 in 6 years. Take a look at Brady's numbers from the jets game.

My honest opinion is, Manning is the most skilled qb ever. Brady's is the most clutch qb ever next to Montana. They are both great in there own way. But right now you cannot say Manning is playing well. To be the greatest ever you need to be good in the playoffs and lead you team. He has not. With all the weapons.

To be honest I never really talk much shit at all. But, then I see a AHAHAHAH Harrison thread. Or, you telling me every win the 13 -4  pats have is shit. When they clearly are not.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2007, 05:50:05 PM »
hahahah, I completely ignored the Colts helmet in your avatar without noticing.  ;D

I live in Indianapolis...They would hang me by my nuts in the RCA Dome if I were bashing Manning...ESPECIALLY if I was rooting for the Patriots . ;) (which I am tomorrow)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2007, 05:52:26 PM »
Alright, maybe not you. Must be a CT thing then. I can't tell you how many Pats fans I've felt like cracking in the face with the amount of nuthugging they do with complete lack of knowledge of their team. These are people from Mass. too. But yes, Brady is clutch, I'll give him that. I also thought you were implying that Peyton sucked because of two bad games.

Also, I think the reason that the Pats haven't had a reciever ranked higher than 21 is due to the fact that Brady gets EVERY reciever on that offense involved EVERY game. Even the TE's get massive looks in the games. It's kind of hard to put up amazing numbers when you have 5-6 people catching multiple passes a game.

On top of that, as good as the Colts recievers are, they wouldn't have anywhere the numbers they do if Peyton wasn't throwing the ball to them. You could see it today, his pocket prescence and knowledge of where blitzers and people are is unrivaled. That throw down the middle to Dallas Clark where he took the shot from Ed Reed was absolutely perfect.

body88

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2007, 05:58:20 PM »
Alright, maybe not you. Must be a CT thing then. I can't tell you how many Pats fans I've felt like cracking in the face with the amount of nuthugging they do with complete lack of knowledge of their team. These are people from Mass. too. But yes, Brady is clutch, I'll give him that. I also thought you were implying that Peyton sucked because of two bad games.

Also, I think the reason that the Pats haven't had a reciever ranked higher than 21 is due to the fact that Brady gets EVERY reciever on that offense involved EVERY game. Even the TE's get massive looks in the games. It's kind of hard to put up amazing numbers when you have 5-6 people catching multiple passes a game.

On top of that, as good as the Colts receivers are, they wouldn't have anywhere the numbers they do if Peyton wasn't throwing the ball to them. You could see it today, his pocket presence and knowledge of where blitzers and people are is unrivaled. That throw down the middle to Dallas Clark where he took the shot from Ed Reed was absolutely perfect.

Tom Brady is renowed for his uncanny ability to read defenses and get the ball out. Most the game winning drives he has put together where doing just that. When it counted the most.He is considered to be one of the greatest ever if not the greatest by many. Due to his clutch ability.

However you are correct, For pure SKILL Manning is unrivaled. Payton Manning is a incredable qb. His record's, his ability, his natural talent are all there. He just needs to put it all to use when it really matters. Dont get me wrong. I think he is one of thre greatest ever.

I agree with you a  lot of the time. Btw, I know how it feels to want to blast a MA yahoo in the head. You have a few of those types in ct and NY also!When you talk to me on here check out what I say. I do not think I am a yahoo.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2007, 06:01:41 PM »

Tom Brady is renowed for his uncanny ability to read defenses and get the ball out. Most the game winning drives he has put together where doing just that. When it counted the most.He is considered to be one of the greatest ever if not the greatest by many. Due to his clutch ability.

However you are correct, For pure SKILL Manning is unrivaled. Payton Manning is a incredable qb. His record's, his ability, his natural talent are there. He just needs to put it all to use when it really matters.

I agree with you a  lot of the time. Btw, I know how it feels to want to blast a MA yahoo in the head. You have a few of them out there. When you talk to me on here check out what I say. I do not think I am a yahoo.

No, I'll admit that you're not. I do seem to lump all of you Mass. guys into one pile, though. It would be interesting to see Peyton with Brady's clutchness. I suppose it might be jealous of Tom Brady as to why I have hatred.  :'(

body88

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2007, 06:04:41 PM »
No, I'll admit that you're not. I do seem to lump all of you Mass. guys into one pile, though. It would be interesting to see Peyton with Brady's clutchness. I suppose it might be jealous of Tom Brady as to why I have hatred.  :'(

When Manning gets a ring he will be the best ever. He has all the records and ability you can have. He will always battle the detractors who say he buckles when it counts (even if he does get a ring). But, that is the essence of debate. When he gets the ring he is the best qb to ever live.

Brady is the best ever in a Joe Montana sense. Manning is the best ever in a pure skill/ability sense. He makes throws you shake your head at. Trust me I know!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2007, 06:12:02 PM »

When Manning gets a ring he will be the best ever. He has all the records and ability you can have. He will always battle the detractors who say he buckles when it counts (even if he does get a ring). But, that is the essence of debate. When he gets the ring he is the best qb to ever live.

Brady is the best ever in a Joe Montana sense. Manning is the best ever in a pure skill/ability sense. He makes throws you shake your head at. Trust me I know!

Yeah, I can agree with that.

body88

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2007, 06:19:21 PM »
Yeah, I can agree with that.

Pfffffffffft f**k you guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding  ;) Anyway, I am not some crazy Boston yahoo. I agree with a lot of shit you say. You know your stuff and bring good shit to the argument.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2007, 07:04:35 PM »
  This maybe the wrong thread but oh well.

Body88....What are your thoughts and or predictions on tomorrows Pats game?

body88

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2007, 07:07:33 PM »
  This maybe the wrong thread bit oh well.

Body88....What are your thoughts and or predictions on tomorrows Pats game?

Congrats on the big win gt!!!!! You guys deserved it, very impressive.

Here is how I broke down the game

NE vs SD breakdown

quarterback : Advantage NE ( Brady 2 time superbowl mvp,3 time sb winner, 11- 1 postseason) Rivers is great, but he is a playoff rookie. That COULD hurt him.

Running back  : Advantage San D ( While Maroney Faulk and Dillon are very good... But, LT is on another level,neal is a monster and Turner is pretty good to)

Recievers : Slight advantage pats. Pats have  slightly better recivers as a whole. McCardel has been a disapointment for the chargers. San D's top two recievers are the tight end and the running back. Neither group (wr's) are stars. 6'4, 240 lb Chad Jackson is healthy and could have a break out game for NE. With the reliability of Caldwell and Brown and the break out game Gaffney had I give them the slight edge.

D line : Advntage pats : Wilfork and Willaims are the best in the game, the advantage to the pats is made by Seymour and Warren, who are slightly better then Castillo and Olhansky

Offensive line : advantage San D  While the the NE O line has suffered from injury this year they have come on strong. Only allowing 5 sacks in the last 4 games. Lt's ability makes it hard to tell how well the line actually is blocking, but I give the advantage to the chargers since they had fewer sacks this year

Linebackers : advantage San D ( MERRIMAN!!!)

Secondary : advantage pats ( Asanti samuel has 11 picks on the year the chargers finsihed 13th aginst the pass giving up 19 tds. The pats secondary have only given up 10 tds on the year

Special teams : advantage San D   which comes down to the kicker Glaskowski has very good .769 making 20 - 26 while Keading is a near perfect .897 making 26 -29 The pats have slightly better coverage but the nod goes to san d because of the spectacular field goal unit. Maroney has a 30 yard return average, to turners 25 yard average

Coaches : huge advantage NE :  Bill ( 3 time superbowl winner 12-2 postseason) ( Marty 5 12 postseason chokemaster)

The chargers are better talent wise but the pats match up well.

If that patriots can contain LT, tackle well, exploit the blitz/exploit the soft san d secondary,protect Brady and play there A game I see this as a low scoring game they can win. The 123 punch of DIllon ,Faulk and Maroney could be huge if they can open up the running game.I f not, they will lose. San D is a very impressive football team. They are extremley good and very complete. If the O line cannot protect Brady and give him time to expliot the blitz they will lose. This is no easy task with that mutant  Merrimen flying around.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2007, 07:12:45 PM »

However you are correct, For pure SKILL Manning is unrivaled. Payton Manning is a incredable qb. His record's, his ability, his natural talent are all there. He just needs to put it all to use when it really matters. Dont get me wrong. I think he is one of thre greatest ever.

I agree with you a  lot of the time. Btw, I know how it feels to want to blast a MA yahoo in the head. You have a few of those types in ct and NY also!When you talk to me on here check out what I say. I do not think I am a yahoo.

One problem I have with Manning is he always seems to act like it is the recievers fault when there is a mix up.What I mean is like when he overthrows or underthrows because the reciever ran the wrong pattern...Know what I mean?.With all his crazy audibles and that hurry up offense it is a wonder that doesn't happen more often.I realize he is just very competitive,however some of his body language on the field suggests he is being a dick about it. Maybe not but that's my opinion at times.

body88

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2007, 07:15:50 PM »
  One problem I have with Manning is he always seems to act like it is the recievers fault when there is a mix up.What I mean is like when he overthrows or underthrows because the reciever ran the wrong pattern...Know what I mean?.With all his crazy audibles and that hurry up offense it is a wonder that doesn't happen more often.I realize he is just very competitive,however some of his body language on the field suggests he is being a dick about it. Maybe not but that's my opinion at times.

That has been a knock on him from years past. Letting frustration get to him. He has just about the best recivers in the biz , so that is a bit unwarrented. That being said, he is much improved when it has to do with getting frustrated. The bottom line is the guy is a phenominal qb. One of the greatest to ever play, the pure skill is amazing.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2007, 11:44:11 PM »

Pfffffffffft f**k you guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding  ;) Anyway, I am not some crazy Boston yahoo. I agree with a lot of shit you say. You know your stuff and bring good shit to the argument.

BAHAHAHAHAH YES!!!!!!!! You're the same. You definetely know your sports. I only insult to piss people off. Now that that's out of the way,

Pats < SD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2007, 12:12:53 AM »
He was acquitted.

I'm not saying he didn't stab a guy a bunch of times.

I'm just saying he was acquitted.

No he wasn't.   ::)  He was actually the only person convicted of a crime in that case.  He pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice in exchange for his testimony and dropping of the murder charges.  His two co-defendants were acquitted. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2007, 12:13:57 AM »
Peyton proving once again that he is a great regular season QB.  Putrid performance again.