Author Topic: Franklin got F'd up!  (Read 11387 times)

Capt._America

• Getbig II
  • Would rather be feared than respected
Franklin got F'd up!
« on: October 15, 2006, 08:27:41 AM »
How many people watched the UFC 64, not sure what most of you thought, but is Silva that good or was Franklin that bad?  I like Rich, but did not look like he was ready for that fight at all, I mean he got totally dominated.  Guess we'll see what happens now, but he looked bad against Silva.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: Frankling got F'd up!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 08:51:14 AM »
I've been following Silva forever, I know he's for real.  I know alot of people thought Rich was a dangerous striker and now they know what a real striker is.  The only guy left in the UFC that poses any remote threat to Silva is Nate Marquardt, and even then he would probably lose.  I was just suprised to see how Anderson outmuscled Rich in the clinch and basically threw him around the cage.  He made Rich look like a can, Anderson is just that good.
Predictions
 40/61

lilbg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 08:57:13 AM »
That wasnt the Rich Franklin we are used to seeing.  I take nothing away from Silva but Franklin was not ready for that fight at all.  I think he will be back after he gets that nose fixed.. just more time off he doesnt need from training.  I wonder if they will throw Mike Swick at Silva?  I feel bad for the TUF winner LOL.. Silva is gonna mess that person up bad! 

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 08:59:45 AM »
anyone who thought he wasnt the business just had to watch the way he knocked out Chris Leben with relative ease. leben may not be the premier of MMA but his ability to take a hit is remarkable. Also youll notice hes never been stopped, only submitted
Scouser on Tour

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »
i rest my case that circuit training is crap, franklin wasnt strong enough to break away from the clinch, he tried and u cld see the look in his eyes before silve even started to throw knees. guys like sherk, monson, and hughes all do split routines focusing on power and explosivness, not 30 minutes of light weight reps (wich is very hard but dosent help make you stronger, just better cardio and fast twitch muscle)

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 11:44:46 AM »
anybody have a clip of the fight?

RIP Bob Probert

manfromyard

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 12:04:42 PM »
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi3ta_ufc64-rich-franklin-vs-anderson-sil

Anyone who has seen Silva fight knew that he was a dangerous man. Rich was outstriking the people that he's fought but they weren't elite level. they both fought Jorge Rivera, Rich beat him barely and Silva blew him away. Rich has NEVER fought elite level opponents.

With that said, Rich had NO answer for the clinch. It was very surprising that his team did nothing to prep him for this.

sick dude

• Getbig I
  • what do you mean i cant take off my shirt!!!!!
Re: Franklin got F'd up!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 01:48:37 PM »
must of been the pink shorts ???

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 04:31:39 PM »
wow that was an impressive showing by silva...in the clinch matt didnt know what to do.

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »
Thanks for the link, MFY.  Silva really used the thai clench to his advantage.  :o

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 06:24:37 PM »
wow that was an impressive showing by silva...in the clinch matt didnt know what to do.

His name is Rich.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 06:41:13 PM »
His name is Rich.

HAHAHA..my bad  ;D

not sure what the hell i was thinkin there

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 06:50:01 PM »
HAHAHA..my bad  ;D

not sure what the hell i was thinkin there

It's all good. Just trying to help you before Earl attacks you with his claims of you being a TUF newb while he was watching UFC 1, ironically while knowing next-to-nothing about MMA.

Incoming Earl Sugar-Ray insult by night's end.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 09:57:57 PM »
LOL

thanx for having my back

and actually i did watch ufc 1 through about 6...then stopped watching till about 3 years ago.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2006, 11:12:13 PM »
That fight was fooking awesome.  Franklin's nose got moved from the middle of his face to under his left eye :o

It makes me wonder about just how much better fighters in othe federations are and how inferior the UFC talent is :-\  I'll have to start watching some Pride fights...

w

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 11:48:25 PM »
i rest my case that circuit training is crap, franklin wasnt strong enough to break away from the clinch, he tried and u cld see the look in his eyes before silve even started to throw knees. guys like sherk, monson, and hughes all do split routines focusing on power and explosivness, not 30 minutes of light weight reps (wich is very hard but dosent help make you stronger, just better cardio and fast twitch muscle)

Strength has nothing to do with getting out of the plum.  MFS and Monte Cox fighters have problems against Rudimar Fedrigo trained fighters.  Pat has lost to Pele, as have Matt Hughes, Jeremy Horn lost to A. Silva, prior.  Many a Thai champion has extracated themselves, and defended the plum without having to be large and muscular.  Strength does play a role, but Franklin already outweighed Silva by 20+ at fight time, so it wasn't the strength.  What you see is a lack of training muay thai. 

bigally

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 04:33:46 AM »
How does one get out of the plum w/out eating a knee?  Grapple w/ trip?

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 09:15:04 AM »
i think he could have broken away or even taken a shot, he was eating knees anyways i would have tried to take a shot and get him to the ground

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 10:13:11 AM »
It's all good. Just trying to help you before Earl attacks you with his claims of you being a TUF newb while he was watching UFC 1, ironically while knowing next-to-nothing about MMA.

Incoming Earl Sugar-Ray insult by night's end.

haha i'm in your head ;D

where are all the people that thought rich was the best 185 pounder int he world now?

can you believe people (ie tuf newbies) thought he would destroy soemone like dan henderson?

haha tuf newbies :D

E
E

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 10:50:10 AM »
Nice sound, one sided,skilled beating here.

I'll admit, I didn't really know alot about silva outside of maybe one pride fight and that demolition of leben in ufc.

Also found it weird how Ace seemed powerless and/or half dead even before he started eating those knees in the clinch. It's like Silva locked it in and he (ace) was confused or Silva had a damn "death grip" version of the thai clinch on his a$$ unlike no other. LOL  ;D

Definitly have to take silva to the ground and lb. him or submit his a$$.

I used to see this flash clip alot in Pride highlights..etc...never knew this was anderson who got caught slipping here.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/ryo%20chonan/video/x8buh_ryo-chonan-vs-anderson-silva

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 11:42:09 AM »
did'nt franklin state he would fight him in the clinch and trade with him???

If thats the case then he has let his ego surpass him! Fighting Silva in the clinch i about as stupid as it gets

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 11:47:37 AM »
check out his KO of Tony Fryklund, very impressive use of the elbow! As a striker he is a MW Chuck Liddell, submissions is his only real weakness
Scouser on Tour

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 11:50:51 AM »
i heard about it did not see it!!!

he is an exciting fighter i'll look forward to seeing him in the future!!

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 11:57:39 AM »
the guy must have tunnel vision, he hits exactly what hes looking at. The Ko of the "Freak" emphasises exactly how good his striking is - very innovative to say the least. I cant recall another knockout of its kind
Scouser on Tour

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 01:12:08 PM »
the guy must have tunnel vision, he hits exactly what hes looking at. The Ko of the "Freak" emphasises exactly how good his striking is - very innovative to say the least. I cant recall another knockout of its kind

Yes, he seems to be very dedicated to his punches. Like a boxer with a high connect % (like a mayweather or something) doesn't waste anything it seems. 

Very devastating I'd say, like a Tito Trinidad kinda feel when I see his accuracy/power punches coming from that frail frame. I'd like to see more of this guy besides the few times I've seen him so far.