Author Topic: Franklin got F'd up!  (Read 11386 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Franklin got F'd up!
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2006, 10:32:07 AM »
we'll take your word on this one because you are the resident TUF expert ;D

E

3 days later and my guy finds the thread! Tell me Earl, have you purchased front row tickets to the next Ultimate Fight Night so that you can jerk off to the random cans that will be fighting in the cage?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2006, 11:02:19 AM »
what's with the hostility i'm just pointing out how you are the resident TUF expert ???

E
E

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Re: Frankling got F'd up!
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2006, 11:35:14 AM »
I've been following Silva forever, I know he's for real.  I know alot of people thought Rich was a dangerous striker and now they know what a real striker is.  The only guy left in the UFC that poses any remote threat to Silva is Nate Marquardt, and even then he would probably lose.  I was just suprised to see how Anderson outmuscled Rich in the clinch and basically threw him around the cage.  He made Rich look like a can, Anderson is just that good.

We trained the plum in BJJ class, greco roman shucks, two on ones, repummelling, and even trying to pull guard once we repummeled one in.  Marquardt is tough, but he'd have to get by Silva's standup which could be dangerous.  Silvas ground game has improved immensely as well. 

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2006, 12:50:26 PM »

Thanks.  I can't wait for the rest of the Militage wack-pack to lose their belts.  It all continues with GSP vs. Hughes and perhaps Vera vs. Silva?
w

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2006, 01:05:36 PM »
GSP isnt beating Hughes any time soon, not a fucking chance
Scouser on Tour

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2006, 02:00:25 PM »

Perhaps not but I wouldn't mind seeing him drop a whole lot of those vicious elbows down on the inflated head of Hughes.

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2006, 02:07:57 PM »
i think huges will win but monson is a beast and i think he can take chuuby as long as he can getpast that reach advantage, but tim will be hitting the top of his head the entire fight

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2006, 02:59:25 PM »
i think huges will win but monson is a beast and i think he can take chuuby as long as he can getpast that reach advantage, but tim will be hitting the top of his head the entire fight

Didn't monson get beat by Arlovski?  Speaking of Arlovski, has he resurfaced?

As for GSP & Hughes, Penn exposed weaknesses in Hughes and would have beaten him had he been better conditioned.  GSP wil show up in shape and if he comes to this fight with his head focused, he will have a great chance of wining.
w

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2006, 03:13:32 PM »

GSP will win, and convincingly hopefully.

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2006, 04:19:16 PM »
dont get me wrong mindspin, i want gsp to win, i do however feel hughes is much stronger and gsp seems to be a little afarid, i hope not but in the back of my head i see it that way

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2006, 04:48:06 PM »
Didn't monson get beat by Arlovski?  Speaking of Arlovski, has he resurfaced?

As for GSP & Hughes, Penn exposed weaknesses in Hughes and would have beaten him had he been better conditioned.  GSP wil show up in shape and if he comes to this fight with his head focused, he will have a great chance of wining.

Hughes did get exposed....I can't wait for the rubber match between those two. By the way, Penn didn't gas, he apparently broke a few ribs switching to Hughes back in the second round. Everybody is assuming that Penn gassed, but it has been proven by UFC doctors that he indeed break a few ribs. You will notice that after the second round he did not raise his hands at all and was a completely different fighter. He will own Hughes next time.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2006, 05:34:37 PM »

You will eat your words once again, but hey, what else is new?  Georges has improved greatly since his loss to Matt, and word on the street is Georges has been training BJJ with "The Boogeyman" himself, Dean Lister.  Matt was getting outwrestled, outstruck, outgrappled (BJJ), and outworked by a naturally smaller guy (Bj Penn) until his rib injury.  Randy Couture said himself that during the filming of TUF 4, Georges was bigger than all of the 185lb contestants, and he was out working everybody.  All of his career, matt has been cutting from about 190-195lbs to make the 170lb weight class.  Georges is just as big and strong as Matt naturally, and it showed in their first fight.  Matt looked like trash against Georges until the counter armbar he pulled out of his ass.  I would compare that to Chonan's leglock on Anderson Silva.  Georges won't make the same mistake twice, the only way Matt wins this fight, is if Georges comes in injured, or if he injures himself during the fight.  Miletech will lose yet another belt, leaving big Timmy as the only guy from that camp holding a major belt. The year just keeps getting worse for those guys.  :'(
Predictions
 40/61

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2006, 05:58:37 PM »
You will eat your words once again, but hey, what else is new?

hahahaha, I agree with you there. GSP by domination!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2006, 01:53:08 AM »
Been busy and didnt get round to watch this until today. Damn lack of strategy there, answering to knees in the clinch by random blows... only when he started getting kneed in the head he realised that's not where you wanna be.

Z

VikingJan

• Getbig I
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2006, 04:10:31 AM »
the chance for gsp winning is probably 55/45 this time  :)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2006, 08:46:07 AM »
You will eat your words once again, but hey, what else is new?  Georges has improved greatly since his loss to Matt, and word on the street is Georges has been training BJJ with "The Boogeyman" himself, Dean Lister.  Matt was getting outwrestled, outstruck, outgrappled (BJJ), and outworked by a naturally smaller guy (Bj Penn) until his rib injury.  Randy Couture said himself that during the filming of TUF 4, Georges was bigger than all of the 185lb contestants, and he was out working everybody.  All of his career, matt has been cutting from about 190-195lbs to make the 170lb weight class.  Georges is just as big and strong as Matt naturally, and it showed in their first fight.  Matt looked like trash against Georges until the counter armbar he pulled out of his ass.  I would compare that to Chonan's leglock on Anderson Silva.  Georges won't make the same mistake twice, the only way Matt wins this fight, is if Georges comes in injured, or if he injures himself during the fight.  Miletech will lose yet another belt, leaving big Timmy as the only guy from that camp holding a major belt. The year just keeps getting worse for those guys.  :'(

care to wager it? I have Paypal and am willing to put my money where my mouth is...........
Scouser on Tour

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2006, 08:51:22 AM »
Who is that in your avatar is the real question.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2006, 09:41:17 AM »
hahahaha, I agree with you there. GSP by domination!

now why doesnt that surprise me  ::)

thats Keeley Hazel - my future ex wife  ;D
Scouser on Tour

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2006, 02:59:08 PM »
care to wager it? I have Paypal and am willing to put my money where my mouth is...........

How about a 30day sig bet?
Predictions
 40/61

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2006, 04:51:41 PM »
now why doesnt that surprise me  ::)

thats Keeley Hazel - my future ex wife  ;D

If you'll scroll up, I said GSP long before Chute posted. Guess we just know the fight game better than you, which isn't surprising in the least.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2006, 09:29:28 AM »
im not questioning that you dumb fuck, im talking about you praising everything he says. Now Chutebox has proven he knows exactly what hes talking about, but you? You probably buy back editions of Combat magazine in an attempt to find out what martial arts and MMA are
Scouser on Tour

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2006, 09:50:37 AM »
If you'll look through old threads, I've stated that ChuteBoxe is a piece of shit just like yourself. He actually knows a little bit about MMA though and doesn't ask, "Who are the Nogueira brothers?"

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2006, 01:08:25 PM »
is that all youve got to go on? Hey ill openly admit i didnt have a fuckin clue about them - because i NEVER watched anything to do with Pride. I dismissed it as a UFC rip off until i came on here and listened to peoples opinions about it. You didnt know them at one time, unless you were born with the ability to know fucking everything! Get over it and find something new. This is an MMA board, not the X Board

::)
Scouser on Tour

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2006, 03:06:55 PM »
is that all youve got to go on? Hey ill openly admit i didnt have a fuckin clue about them - because i NEVER watched anything to do with Pride. I dismissed it as a UFC rip off until i came on here and listened to peoples opinions about it. You didnt know them at one time, unless you were born with the ability to know fucking everything! Get over it and find something new. This is an MMA board, not the X Board

::)

I am a decipel of Zeus so yes, I was born all-knowing and powerful.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2006, 03:21:46 PM »
How about a 30day sig bet?

Who are you at Sherdog?
E