Author Topic: Most steroid users are not athletes: study  (Read 7554 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Most steroid users are not athletes: study
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2007, 02:36:21 PM »
go read me again and at the end ask yourseld ,,,is this person sounds credible?
i assure you what i say now will give you more thoughts than any show you watch or anyother one you listen to,,,

it is very hard to digest what i say here but it is the truth,,running from it is ok and understood ,,many before you acted same way and to this day we as humans run from it as want to believe that gas is the way of everything for the rich to get richer and etc etc,,its human nature to chose not to believe rther to believe btu if you read me and think about it you would see that with words only on a messege board called getbig i gave you the truth black on off yellow

i never talk about things i dont know are 100% true.
Bwahaha. So, by this reasoning, you were alive as the pyramids were being built, as you argued that they were built/influenced by non-terrestials. DaddyWaddy, is this you? Are you really 5,000 years old?  :o

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2007, 02:42:13 PM »
You have lost all you credibility with this post, and it's also the biggest self owning EVER.

I agree.  SERIOUS self-owning.

From this point forward, whenever gh15's name comes up, no one will say "steroids" or "is he a pro", they will say "ufo-fruitcake nutcase".

This is gh15's version of "foot-tapping in the airport bathroom":  it's a career-ender, but he's too stupid to realize it.
Ron: "I am lazy."

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2007, 02:50:03 PM »

From this point forward, whenever gh15's name comes up, no one will say "steroids" or "is he a pro", they will say "ufo-fruitcake nutcase".

This is gh15's version of "foot-tapping in the airport bathroom":  it's a career-ender, but he's too stupid to realize it.
Agree. And I thought only DW and 240 were Gb's Area 51 decoder-ring members.

/wonder if he threatens people with his wide stance?

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2007, 02:52:35 PM »
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Contrary to the popular image of the typical steroid user -- a teenage athlete trying to get an edge or a professional competitor who wants to win -- many users are in their 20s and 30s, well-educated and don't even play sports, a study suggests.

In a survey of nearly 2,000 U.S. men who used anabolic steroids, researchers found that the majority began using the hormones as adults, and most were not motivated by sports.

Instead, the typical user was a white male around the age of 30 who was educated, earned an above-average income and was not particularly athletic. In fact, most men abused steroids to look better, the researchers report in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition.

"In total, our findings belie the images of (steroid) users as mostly risk-taking teenagers, cheating athletes, and a group akin to traditional drug abusers," according to Jack Darkes of the University of South Florida, Tampa, and co-investigators.

For the study, the researchers recruited 1,955 male steroid users from Web sites dedicated to strength training and muscle-enhancing substances, mass emails and print media. The men completed surveys on their background, lifestyle habits and the history of their steroid use.

On average, the study found, steroid users were 31 years old, and three quarters were college graduates. Most had "white-collar" jobs and relatively high incomes.

When asked about their motivation for using steroids, most said they wanted to boost their muscle mass, strength and physical attractiveness.

Only 6 percent said their steroid use was driven by bodybuilding or sports. In fact, most said they had never been in organized sports, even in high school.

The results suggest that most efforts to prevent steroid abuse, by focusing on young athletes, have misses the mark, according to the researchers. "The targeting of athletes through drug testing and other interventions does little to address use among non-competitive users," they write.

Steroid abuse, the researchers point out, has held steady, if not increased, in the U.S. This, they add, may be related to the fact that the largest segment of steroid abusers -- adult non-athletes -- has been "virtually invisible."

SOURCE: Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, online October 11, 2007.

That study is dead on regarding the average user.  Anybody that uses gear to have the biggest arms at the night club is a damn moron and needs their teeth kicked out.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2007, 03:51:49 PM »

what you dont know ,,cant kill you,,right ? stay blind and ignorent after all its generation x and generation spears what else would you expect from it beside sex and zero talent when it comes to anything other than sitting on their ass getting fat
though i must be very honest with you,,i thought there would be at the least 100 extra posts here by now from different members telling me i was out of my mind and crazy in a bad way ....yet nada 3 people ,,which quite honestly tell me that the ame4rican and world population represented on getbig might very well be smarter than average joe and know there is sense in what i say,,

and dont sell me the thanks giving crap ,,at anygiven time there are 100 members on getbig,,and ast anygiven time 905 of those members read what gh15 says,,

so even me and my career are fine thankyou for your concern
fallen angel

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2007, 04:01:42 PM »
so even me and my career are fine thankyou for your concern

Your credibility is shot.  No one takes you seriously now, Captain Kirk.

PS:  All your base are belong to us.   ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2007, 05:13:18 PM »

by the way pyramid word doesnt have any origin in human language and go look for giza and what it means

Just off the top of my head, doesn't it translate into "God of war" or something of that nature? I do know that the ancients refered to mars as the God of War.   

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2007, 05:58:57 PM »
All bananas and lifting barrels!!  ;D ;D

yeah, but it's not fair, african american monkeys have higher testosterone levels.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2007, 06:46:11 PM »
This study is not generalizable to any other population.  It's not a random sample of steroid users.  At best, the only people it will represent are message board users who use steroids, and even that is probably giving it too much credit.  I don't think a lot of athletes post on message boards and such.  The reason why the average user is white, higher income, etc., is because those are the people on these boards.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2007, 08:54:27 PM »
Most steroid users are not athletes: because bodybuilding is not a sport.

it is a sport that very few participate in, which is why the numbers are so low for actual athletes

E
E

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2007, 09:12:28 PM »
you're right..most steroid users are uneducated lazy mother fuckers taking up room in my squat rack with their lobster red skin colors and getting their bacne jizz all over my squat bar.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2007, 12:10:02 AM »

Your credibility is shot.  No one takes you seriously now, Captain Kirk.

PS:  All your base are belong to us.   ::)

Hey, don't you think it's better to listen to this 5000 year old egyptian alien bodybuilder??

When Planet Nibiru comes to sell steroids to the world, gh15 will be their best marketing salesman, he has been send to earth 5000 years ago to monitor our drug regiments!

That's also how the pyramids were build, with bodybuilders on steroids and gh from Planet Nibiru! gh15 was their dealer, so he knows all about it!

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2007, 01:49:50 AM »
Very true. But if you're not a professional athlete or have the genetics of Ronnie Coleman, then what is the point in taking them at all?  :-\

You either have to be narcissistic or too lazy to get any gains naturally. Steroid users' lack of willpower sickens me!

The point is a few million dollars each year  :D Not to mention the fame etc.